This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....15th St., West Village

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, September 15, 2008

On the Street....15th St., West Village

Comments on "On the Street....15th St., West Village"

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (10:07 AM) : 

Wow, the jacket is a winner, Rick Owens maybe? I anticipate a lot of comments on the elastic waistband, I would have perhaps covered it with a dark tie or something, perhaps in the same tone of gray as to avoid breaking the line of the shirt/pants. But that's just me. Beautiful woman! I bet she has tons of gay male friends who take her out to show her off; I know I would. Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 AM) : 

Cute smile, the lines of the outfit flatter her figure, black jacket and this fabric all look nice together, even the pajama-look is working here. But... MUST it be jumpsuits again? WHY jumpsuits?

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (10:25 AM) : 

This looks good from a distance. Up close I'm not crazy about the elasticized waistband nor the print itself, and for some reason the shoes have a slightly comical look, with their one or two painted toenails peeking out. Great jacket and bag, and a good overall look- I just think a few details could be improved upon.

 

Blogger The Happiest Activist said ... (10:34 AM) : 

Brilliant. I love the silhouette. She knows her body is in perfect shape for the look, but plays coy with the billowy pant. The photo itself is amazing, as well.

 

Blogger LIO said ... (10:37 AM) : 

The gathered ankles do bring attention to the shoes, don't they. I love them and hope someone here will know who makes them. And where they are on sale as I have very little budget for clothes and shoes right now.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:41 AM) : 

A gorgeous woman, and I am absolutely coveting her jacket and shoes.
But I cannot get my head around the jumpsuit trend. They are so impractical and, to my eye, have a tendency to look like children's pajamas.

 

Blogger Jazzbuff630 said ... (10:49 AM) : 

My only criticism is about the elasticized legs; otherwise it's a cute look, and I love her impish smile. she's got something going on that we can only wonder about.

She's invited to my next pajama party.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 AM) : 

I saw this jumpsuit on the train on a different woman! Where is this from? Jumpsuit or not, it looks so refreshing. No?

 

Blogger laraluna said ... (11:06 AM) : 

I love these shoes too. Especially the creamy colour matchs very good with the grey overall in contrast to the jacket. The fabric of it seems very light and flatter the elegance of her walk.
I am a big fan of this blog, I got the link by www.eastern-look.blogspot.com (Dresden)and www.stilinberlin.blogspot.com (Berlin)
which are my favorite fashion blogs here in Germany. You know them?

 

Blogger norawoah said ... (11:07 AM) : 

not many people could pull this off and make it look like real clothing instead of a costume, but she just looks sophisticated and classy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:20 AM) : 

I love the motion in your new pictures.

 

Blogger PunkiMeowMeow said ... (11:27 AM) : 

Her body type flatters this ensemble. I like the color combination too. Simple but stylish.

 

Blogger S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said ... (11:31 AM) : 

I love the movement in this photo, and that jumper with the jacket is fantastic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:39 AM) : 

Love this - she looks great.What a perfect little jacket - one of those wardrobe staples you keep forever. I like her shoes and the fact her bag is nice and discrete. The best accessory - her beautiful smile.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 AM) : 

The dowdiness of a jumpsuit is gone with the presence of a blousy cuff, , which draws attention to her thin and pretty legs. Wouldn't be near as good without the jacket. I'm jealous of a climate where you can wear leather in September somewhere other than on your shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:54 AM) : 

I LOVE the print on the jumpsuit!!! I agree that a belt or tie at the waist (obi perhaps?) would be just perfect... but she is so cool and refined - for a jumpsuit look even!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:04 PM) : 

Ahh, the photo is so cool!! The smile, the head-tilt, the way she's caught in mid-step! Was this posed?

I love the silhouette, but I bet it would be just -spot on- if the items had some color to them instead of a greyscale palette. Though she wouldn't echo the background in that case...

It's interesting the way the grey zebra print and the leather jacket and the heels look very urban on their own, but something about the fit of the clothes makes me think of a beachy, sarong-type outfit or something else with gypsy touches.

I am wondering how tall she is that she can manage the loose and breezy items and the cropped bottoms like that and still look so elongated--maybe the heels and the high waist and the long hair contribute to that effect, or maybe she's just eight feet tall.

Such an enchanting shot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:19 PM) : 

So feminine. She is lovely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:20 PM) : 

gorgeous, i love it!
The jacket is stunning!

 

Blogger Candace said ... (1:00 PM) : 

Makes me wanna go right out and buy a leather jacket...not sure if I can pull off a jumpsuit with zebras tho but kudos to her cuz it's super cute!! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:12 PM) : 

she reminds me of irene cara in fame! very pretty...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:12 PM) : 

I adore everything.

 

Blogger Fashion Serial Killer said ... (1:20 PM) : 

I believe this jumpsuit is from French Connection. I think it's so cute!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:26 PM) : 

I like to call this look ...

Jasmine from Disney's Aladdin goes to the city.

 

Blogger Jadore-Fashion said ... (1:27 PM) : 

love the jumpsuit, lovely jacket :)

 

Blogger Rumi Neely said ... (1:46 PM) : 

Unexpected and perfectly executed...love the taupe and the gray together.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:50 PM) : 

I love jumpsuits, but this one looks like baby's onesie to me. Love the jacket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:07 PM) : 

I could cry myself to sleep with longing for those shoes. Does anyone know where to find them?

 

Blogger Cassaundra said ... (2:33 PM) : 

oh, i love, love, love it.
gorgeous shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:34 PM) : 

Wow!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:01 PM) : 

She's lovely - looks a lot like Thandie Newton.

Jumpsuits on the whole = shudder, but...she does carry it well. That said, I'm not a fan of the print, but do like the line of the leg (complimented by the elastisized cuff). Also love the shoes.

Question: do you have to take EVERYTHING off to pee?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:18 PM) : 

wow whimsical. where can i get this jumpsuit?

 

Blogger hemoglobin said ... (3:22 PM) : 

i love the silhouette of her outfit!
and she carries teh entire thing wiht such panache..
though i dont see many women carrying it off as well..shes in awesome shape..
physically and fashionably

 

Blogger Gypmar said ... (3:30 PM) : 

I would recommend this for no one but her. She's the first person I've seen look good in a jumpsuit. And, dadgum, as much as I would recoil in horror at this jumpsuit in a shop, she looks quite lovely in it.

 

Blogger Richie Designs said ... (3:39 PM) : 

I. want. those. shoes

anyone???

 

Blogger Raven said ... (3:56 PM) : 

Great shapes on her, I love where the elastic hits her waist, and it looks likes a cozy mix of leather and (probably) jersey.

Not a fan of the print though -- makes me wonder if these are kids' pajamas.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:09 PM) : 

She's beautiful, but I hate the jumpsuit; it looks like she just rolled out of bed and threw a jacket and shoes on.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:20 PM) : 

Love the jacket, bag, print and shoes. Don't like the jumpsuit, elastic waistband, and elastic (ginnie) like bottom. The woman, however is beautiful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:41 PM) : 

The jumpsuit is French Connection and the shoes are Mayle.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:24 PM) : 

This photo makes me happy.. reminds me how beautiful people can be, both on the outside and on the inside.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:35 PM) : 

aaawe zebra jammies!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:54 PM) : 

the configuration of the face is the scaffolding by which any combination chosen by the young lady wld be entirely validated. Not to say she dosent look like the shit but she strikes me as someone who cld wear a black bag and make it look good. thus the jump suit's great; i do like the print-but i think its a tad dour. the juxtoposition with the jacket works to a degree but isnt particularly striking. its the detail of the face that kills me. Striking Lady.

Misssing David Foster Wallace.

 

Blogger Jess said ... (5:59 PM) : 

Simply amazing! The neutral palette, unique jumpsuit, and classic leather jacket make for a great ensemble. The look is fresh, fun, and young without being silly or over-the-top.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:04 PM) : 

Ah,French Connection - so hit and miss! I personally love this jumpsuit from FCUK and almost bought it when I had the chance on sale in August...but on me, it was TOTAL pjs. On her, with the jacket and shoes, it's just witty and chic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:00 PM) : 

Is that jersey or linen? She looks a bit like Thandie Newton.

 

Blogger Wes Janisen said ... (7:28 PM) : 

The look as a whole is a winner and she looks great in it. The only problem I have with it, is that if you were to remove any element of the outfit (i.e. the jacket or the shoes), it would look as if she were running outside in a pair of stylish pajamas.

 

Blogger Nina (Femme Rationale) said ... (8:17 PM) : 

she looks so effortlessly chic! i love it.

 

Blogger LRB said ... (8:22 PM) : 

Not everyone can pull off a one-piece pantsuit much less a graceful action shot. Great pic and style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:33 PM) : 

Oh, hey p.j.'s

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:11 PM) : 

Very Brooklyn Sudano

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 PM) : 

great photo! it captures the motion. and her smile is beautiful. It looks like a really comfortable outfit, but maybe less PJ-like if the jumpsuit were a different material.

 

Blogger burkedanielle said ... (9:18 PM) : 

Jumpsuit is French Connection-Spring/Summer 2008

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:29 PM) : 

I don't think that this looks that great, sorry. Adults dressing like children is not sexy, it's infantile.

If you're a grown woman you need to accept that you are not romping around the McDonald's playroom, no matter how much of a rich bohemian you fancy yourself to be.

The sloppiness and wrinkles adds to the overall pruniness of the look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:31 PM) : 

Wow, how amazing, a trendy romper. What's next, bibs for all socialites?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:31 PM) : 

That smile is too broad and goofy for that ridiculous jumper.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:32 PM) : 

At least she seems pleased with herself. I know I wouldn't be if I were wearing that jumper.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:33 PM) : 

I like it all down to the shoes...
but I do have to complain:
15th Street on the west side is Chelsea/Meatpacking


-Chelsea girl

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:34 PM) : 

A for effort! Just effort....

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (9:49 PM) : 

Here we have a case (as in many pictures on this blog lately) of a gorgeous creature dressed not so gorgeously. But because she's so damn fine it doesn't matter that she's wearing her jammies out in public. You forgive her. Who could do otherwise? Look at that smile!

The jacket is great. I like the shoes too.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:11 PM) : 

I agree with others - pajamas! But great legs and wonderful shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 PM) : 

coolest shoes ever!!! i want them.

 

Blogger Keesean said ... (10:21 PM) : 

love the motion in the shot !!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 PM) : 

at least the pajamas look comfy!

awesome shoes!

 

Blogger Eyeliah said ... (12:02 AM) : 

it's great on her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 AM) : 

I would LOVE to love this look, but I'm around baby clothes all day and I can't get 'ONESIE' out of my head. I think if this were in some type of silk or shiny fabric in black or a deep jewel tone it would be more like naughty bedroom wear, but all I see are animal print pjs with a leather jacket :( She is rather cute though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:27 AM) : 

I like everything except the print, but she is so beautiful and graceful, she pulls it off!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 AM) : 

only in new york

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:54 AM) : 

Beautiful person, but the jumpsuit?, nonono.
It looks like one piece scrubs.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:55 AM) : 

The shoes are Mayle from a few seasons ago. They are super comfy and so cute and go with everything. Classic Mayle. Sigh...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:24 AM) : 

she is very beautiful & looks very comfortable - nice picture!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:43 AM) : 

She looks darling! One can never go wrong pairing up black and gray. The neutral shoes finish off the look beautifully--black shoes would be too predicable.

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (5:21 AM) : 

very nice casual chick. i like black nails - they are adding some mystery...

 

Blogger Missy's Got Fighting Blood said ... (8:28 AM) : 

How are these people finding these clothes. I want to look like this when I go outside. I gotta move!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:29 AM) : 

Adorable and appropriate for the city.

 

Blogger Missy's Got Fighting Blood said ... (8:30 AM) : 

I want her hair

 

Blogger miss sophie said ... (10:18 AM) : 

ah - her shoes are divine! and it's great that she's rocking the elastic-waisted jumpsuit that may look like a pajama set on someone less confident. very impressive!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 PM) : 

pyjamas?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:46 PM) : 

Does anyone else recognize this gorgeous girl as Jeffrey's model from Project Runway? I do believe it Marilinda, and the jacket is last year's Zara.

 

Blogger Sophia said ... (6:40 PM) : 

She is so cute!!

BTW i love your blog!!!

Sophia from France

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:41 AM) : 

too cool for school. i love the geometric cuts of the shoes! but mostly her attitude shines through. how refreshing - a gorgeous girl with a, gasp, kind face and a smile!

 

Blogger NATRIBU said ... (11:33 AM) : 

Me encanta el estilo que lleva!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 AM) : 

the shoes look chic and comfy, a rare combo.

 

Blogger Bella07 said ... (8:51 PM) : 

hmm yes different combo.. the jacket and the shoes are great, but I think this pretty girl might be one of the few to be able to pull off this loose PJ-y one piece... with the two other fun pieces
Brazilian? Colombian? She's gorgeous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:20 AM) : 

Beautiful. I particularly like how this simply outfit is quite simply (there's that word again) HERS. 99% of the population couldn't pull it off, and yet . . . so natural.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:20 PM) : 

This girl is not from Project Runway. Her name, i think is Annabelle and she is a fashion editor.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:06 PM) : 

I love this print

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 PM) : 

Goodness too many people digging up their 80s wardrobe. Make it stop!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:57 AM) : 

Love, love, love!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:57 PM) : 

I believe the shoes are from Mayle (Jane Mayle) - she has a store on Elizabeth St. in NYC but I believe she's quitting the business.

The shoes are from last fall or winter I think.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:50 PM) : 

magnificent!

 

Blogger sarathira sukiman said ... (8:28 AM) : 

ahh such a lovely lady!

 

Blogger Emily Rose said ... (1:51 PM) : 

i saw this girl, later on that night though. right at penn station. i thought how adorable she looked and figured she was probably on a street style blog somewhere. how right i was.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:53 PM) : 

i am missing girls like her in germany.....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:04 PM) : 

i'm not really feeling the print but the i like the length of it

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting