This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Scene.....Mr. Zegna, NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

On the Scene.....Mr. Zegna, NYC


I have no idea what type of watch Mr. Zegna is wearing but I think it would be so cool if it was an Ironman running watch.

This is Mr.Zegna first appearance on The Sartorialist but it will hopefully not be his last.

Comments on "On the Scene.....Mr. Zegna, NYC"

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (8:06 AM) : 

Nice picture! I love how the stripes on the shirt go with the diagonal weave of the tie, bold gesture- I would not have thought they go. I have read before to match your socks to your pants, lest you appear as wearing booties. He matched them to his shoes, and it does indeed look like he is wearing higher shoes. The reporter looks nice also, I may have to save up for the Hermes leather bracelet. Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Blogger MrWong said ... (8:10 AM) : 

I'm shocked that he is wearing black shoes?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:12 AM) : 

Socks or no socks?

It's down to you, but as Mr Z. knows, if you do, only 100% from shoe to hem will do.

 

Blogger s24 said ... (8:13 AM) : 

Great Man with great stylet!

 

Blogger jkh said ... (9:25 AM) : 

yes. - digital plastic watch rules after all that big-bang overkill.

the stylish man choses this anti statement this season.
especially to go with suit.

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (9:38 AM) : 

I don't know if it's inspiring or disappointing to not be awed by Mr. Zegna; Nevertheless, I don't like his tie and shirt combination, I personally detest loafers with suits and I don't like the look of his pantscuff, although that probably can't be judged properly with him seated. Surely his outfit is actually fabulous- it must be.Or maybe this should be encouraging? Now I do want to see him again. How curious.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:46 AM) : 

So that's why they tell you to match your socks to your trousers. His pennies are suddenly boots.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:47 AM) : 

THE italian sartorial stylezysxn

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:57 AM) : 

Glad to see he's wearing socks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:05 AM) : 

Signor Zegna is perfect. You don't know if this is a fashion designer, a manager, a banker, a sales rep or what. You only know it is a well dressed business man. That's all. And that's exactly enough. Great.

 

Blogger Jim N said ... (10:12 AM) : 

Thank you for implicitly validating my choice of Ironman running watch. I have been trying to explain to people who care why I think it's cool, with limited success.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 AM) : 

I'm pleased to see Mr.Zegna but can't really find anything to say about his outfit other than that it looks comfortable and well cut (in that order). At least his calf is not showing between sock and trouser bottom.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:47 AM) : 

I know there's some rule that men should match their socks with their trousers but i really like his black socks, especially in that pose. It looks kind of edgy.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:03 AM) : 

I like everything but the socks... begging for a little gray/blue. Too much of a bootie effect with the black on black.
Was he trying to match the socks with the watch? lol. I dunno ... I like the plastic digitals but with a suit I'd always go for something simple and classic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:10 AM) : 

Sorry, Ironman watch not a style upgrade. I have them and wear them for running wind sprints. They get disgusting, and should be left in the locker room. If you don't use them in workouts, what is the point? All of their non-workout functions can be found in other watches.

There are plenty of other reasonable watches on the market. Sorry to disagree.

-EHS

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:20 AM) : 

Your blog stands in the dutch Glamour!

 

Blogger Matthew Mikulice said ... (11:27 AM) : 

I love how comfortable he looks in this stylish singular outfit. Very well put together!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:53 AM) : 

His watch could very well be a PVD coated watch. It is a pricey treatment to give expensive watches anti-bling. PRO HUNTER is an example of this type of watch. I would expect this level of attention from such an icon.

 

Blogger Jean said ... (1:17 PM) : 

On my computer the shoes look *gasp* dark brown (especially compared to hers). No! It couldn't be!

But if they were brown, it would redeem this look for me. I just can't get into grey suits. Having said so, I found this slightly tweaked super-trad look oddly refreshing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:01 PM) : 

Note how the black on the wrist ties into the black sock and shoe combo.

Its just very well done !

 

Blogger indigo warrior said ... (3:08 PM) : 

I think the statement from the watch can be taken as - my life is worth more than 10K for a watch? Also, maybe he has the same issue I do with watches - only a Timex can live on my wrist. I can kill any watch, faster than you can say 'pardon me, what time is it?'.

He looks nice. I tried looking really closely at his tie and got dizzy. That might work well for him. Is it the man's dizzying affect, or the ties?

What does he do? I live in my own little world and have no idea who he is.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:39 PM) : 

I do believe his watch is something similar to an Ironman. Also I doubt he would be wearing a ProHunter watch, which is basically a Rolex with black coating on...a NO-NO for a cognoscenti.

 

Blogger Paul Pincus said ... (4:03 PM) : 

i love mr. zegna's tie. it's perfection!

 

Blogger La Clocharde said ... (4:51 PM) : 

Loved that comment about Ironman, Mr. Sartorialist. You always surprise me, either with your pics of fabulous people you find everywhere or your comments and reflections.

Loved that picture of Mr. Zegna. Lots of style.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:27 PM) : 

maybe it's a Ross & Bell watch...

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (7:54 PM) : 

No idea what kind of watch it is but it really is a nice complement and it would be a statement if it was a digital...

 

Blogger R. Parks said ... (9:29 PM) : 

From this angle, the watch seems to be some type of heart rate monitor. Maybe a Polar.

It's the thickness that gives it away.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 PM) : 

This man knows how to looks good sitting down with his leg crossed, showing no skin. His socks are the right length, with no leg skin. Perfecto! Watches tell time, it could be a $20 Timex, as long as it gives time accurately. Bravo for Mr. Z!

 

Blogger Starck Mad said ... (10:41 PM) : 

You know, I've asked the local Zegna boutique here in Chicago, where I could find the insanely wonderful fall 2008 Z Zegna mens collection, and alas couldn't get a response. (collection seen at NY mag.com)

The 'Z' collection I saw was really cool!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 AM) : 

Long black socks are a sign of elegance. I totally disagree with the "boot effect" that some describe. This season "no-socks-with-a-suit" effect has been devastating upon elegance, thanks God winter is coming! I love the "montenapoleone" tie. Well done Mr. Z!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:11 AM) : 

The perfect business-look. The gray light wool suit with peaked lapels.
I like the diagonal striped knitted(?)silk-tie. Very sophisticated whole!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:56 AM) : 

The watch looks like it may be an IWC ceramic pilots watch. Possibly the same watch as the guy in the grey suit, blue shirt and navy knitted tie you shot on July 8.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 AM) : 

I hope he wears not a cheap plastic watch - this would ruin the otherwise nice suit&tie (not sure about the cuffs tough).
It seems the watch has a silver pusher or crown which would rule out a ProHunter - I agree with post above:
either a IWC Doppelchronograph or Chrono-Automatic (both Edition Top-Gun)

Plastic-watches are adequate during sports or repairing your car - everywhere else there can be found very nice Mechanicals (in every price range)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:14 PM) : 

how does he get his collar to curl so nicely like that and sit up so proper? Anyone have any hints about that?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:26 AM) : 

It's a Swatch. He usually wear Swacht. It's cool and really Italian. A steel Rolex Oyster with black sphere or an Aquanaut from Patek Phillippe could do the job.

 

Blogger Marianna said ... (9:47 AM) : 

I LOVE Zegna. I love being a woman, but the only thing that would want to make me be a man is to wear a Zegna suit, shirt, tie...the whole deal. I always find his cuts & pieces fabulous. And those campaigns with Brody- how can I forget! Love the whole Zegna universe. And on a side note, I was at one point addicted to the ZegnaIntenso perfume as this guy I was crazy about used to wear it! Mmmm!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 PM) : 

I always comment my husband whenever he wears his Polar watch with a suit... maybe I should give him a break. Fashion IS better when relativized.
Thanks for the hint Sir Schuman! May I also say that I find Mr. or Ms. Gailleton's remark about mechanicals somehow misplaced, it's not very kind and even painful for some to suggest that such luxury is supposed to be in everyone's reach .

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting