This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Young Parisian, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

On the Street....Young Parisian, Paris

Comments on "On the Street....Young Parisian, Paris"

 

Blogger An Upstart said ... (5:24 AM) : 

i envy how nonchalant they are... envy. =)
I adore the picture though. Where was this taken?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:28 AM) : 

Cool trainers - limited edition PH...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:39 AM) : 

a lot of style for his age ...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:40 AM) : 

Cute bcbg... Ok so no offense to the lad but this means I'm officially over the Pierre Hardy sneaks (in this color scheme at least). Lucky kid.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:42 AM) : 

Ah, teenage angst. Looks very much like something I would wear three years ago. I love his face and just his aura all together...very 'me against the world.'

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:55 AM) : 

who in the world buys their 12 year old a pair of pierre hardy shoes?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:01 AM) : 

Now i remember my childhood years on him :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:04 AM) : 

Great elements, such as Pierre Hardy shoes, Dior Homme bag, and i suppose Vivienne Westwood sweater, but look himself, is weird.

 

Blogger brandeelovin said ... (6:27 AM) : 

this young parisian is wearing one of the 500 pairs pierre hardy's that have been distributed worldwide... NOICE

 

Blogger Poochie said ... (6:49 AM) : 

Love the t-shirt. Love the kicks!

Luv
Poochie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:34 AM) : 

TOO COOL FOR SCHOOL!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:53 AM) : 

Woaw. Want to be adopted by his parents. :-)

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (7:54 AM) : 

I love the sweater, is it a cardigan? It appears to be a very simple garment, but notice on the left side of the pic how there is a double front half of it. If the post above is right, it would be a Vivienne Westwood, great idea, and it drapes great!!! I like the bag also, although I try my hardest not to carry my bags on my shoulder- I think it makes me look feminine, which I dislike. Great outfit for someone young and slim, although I suspect some of the readers will post that black skinny jeans are a trend from the past. Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:00 AM) : 

This kid is loaded. Pierre hardy shoes? Way to go parents!

Wish i wasn't a broke college kid.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:01 AM) : 

That is one cool kid. Suspect he'd have the undefinable "it" even without the limited edition footwear...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:02 AM) : 

this is the greates pic you've posted in ages!

 

Blogger InStudio Blog said ... (8:30 AM) : 

I like his style, I think it's kind of preppy London punk? . . .he could be bad or he could be bad. Is it wrong to wish he had a cig and a safety pin some where?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:37 AM) : 

Diane Arbus - Boy with the toy hand grenade.

 

Blogger Susan B said ... (8:51 AM) : 

What is in the water there?? Even the kids have so much style!

 

Blogger Jonathan said ... (9:13 AM) : 

Future front man for the next wave of indie rock.

 

Blogger Anthony said ... (9:20 AM) : 

good lord.

so much style, and he looks like he's just turned 14. i'm well past 14 and don't look so styled.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:26 AM) : 

A model ?
If not - he will be .

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:57 AM) : 

Do they have a Parisian Ecouter class offered in day care to these kids?!?!?! He looks GREAT.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:02 AM) : 

is this a boy or a girl?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:03 AM) : 

this is what it would be like if i can be 13 again but knowing what i know now about fashion.

 

Blogger a reference said ... (10:04 AM) : 

The light just seems to better in Paris!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 AM) : 

A great photoshoot... with a great teenage model.

 

Blogger norawoah said ... (10:19 AM) : 

Youth with actual style is something special.

 

Blogger Folu said ... (10:24 AM) : 

Wish that I looked that good when I was just a kid, or that I was able to get a hold of those pierre hardy sneakers. When I was 12 I thought that phat farm sneakers were the second coming manifested onto my feet.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:27 AM) : 

Piere Hardy, Dior Homme and Vivienne Westwood?

some kids get all the luck

 

Blogger emily said ... (10:45 AM) : 

i didn't see anyone that amazingly dressed when i was in paris! i guess we went to all of the wrong places!

 

Blogger jewlover2 said ... (10:46 AM) : 

He looks like he could use a skateboard...love the face.

 

Blogger mark s said ... (10:47 AM) : 

what a pouty face - the boys in training

 

Blogger Landis said ... (10:49 AM) : 

do we think the twelve year old is grumpy because his pierre hardy tennies just went on sale at colette for 80% off, and now all his petit amis will have them as well? quelle dommage!

 

Blogger Sean Santiago said ... (10:56 AM) : 

I could never have looked this good when I was 13ish...he must be older than he looks. In which case he still looks cooler than I ever have. Jealous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:59 AM) : 

No way, how old is this kid? Pierre Hardy sneakers? This is awesome.

 

Blogger Diana said ... (11:32 AM) : 

kiddie chic

 

Blogger Katy said ... (11:34 AM) : 

Egads! I wonder what his classmates think.

 

Blogger ricola said ... (12:13 PM) : 

I'm a little astounded. He's a little bit of genius with his color arrangements.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 PM) : 

It's all well and good . . .but that's one expensive sole, pun intended - come on, he's how old and his entire outfit most likely costs more than my parents would pay as a ransom for me from any would-be kidnappers. I'm only a few years older than him, he kind of makes me glad that i had a childhood without fashion. . . living in the sticks, and not paris

then again, he does look good . . . lol, it's the fashion-progressive 12 year old! a rare thing

 

Blogger MWM said ... (12:22 PM) : 

this is so perfect.
I love how his clothes fit.
why do american boys insist on clothing that is 10 sizes too big?!?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:22 PM) : 

Anon 5 : 55 and a Dior Homme bag ???

I may appear a little old fasioned, even if I am 37, but in my young and parent rich days, you couldn't imagine buying suc an expensive item for a kid, only "nouveaux riches" would do that.

But today, yo see 12 years old girls with chloé bags

It just means nothing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:23 PM) : 

The draping on that sweater is fabu! This is polished teen chic. I think he looks awesome.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:24 PM) : 

Love the card print on the t-shirt. Pierre Hardy shoes on a 12-year-old? What is the world coming to? Still, if I could've convinced my parents to buy me a pair of PH shoes when I was 12 I would have been psyched. Good for him!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:25 PM) : 

I love this blog but this image is horrible. I know kids are supposed to be skinny but he looks positively anorexic and definately not healthy. I am much more concerned about when he is next going to eat, than his Pierre Hardy's sorry!
i just can't even look at his style when all I see is the dead expression in his eyes.
Why sartorialist?

 

Blogger karen said ... (12:27 PM) : 

...le petit prince, as a rebel teen. =)

nice attitude.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:31 PM) : 

rich kid ... but if i had the money and the kids, i'll propably do the same.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:50 PM) : 

i think the trainers are Lanvin

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:55 PM) : 

great to see someone younger on here -

Clothes always fit ya
Life is a pop of the cherry
When you're a boy

When you're a boy
You can wear a uniform
When you're a boy
Other boys check you out
You get a girl
These are your favourite things
When you're a boy
(bowie)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:09 PM) : 

nice kid

 

Blogger aweb80 said ... (1:18 PM) : 

He looks like he raided mom's closet for the bag and the sweater. I wonder what this kid will be wearing in 5 years.

 

Blogger The Beauty Mum said ... (1:25 PM) : 

Look at the attitude on that. Gotta love it...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:46 PM) : 

If this kid doesn't grow up to be uber cool, then there is no hope for the rest of us. I mean, who gets to wear Pierre Hardy kicks at 12 years old? *envy*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:56 PM) : 

It's in the 6th somewhere - I'd say rue Lobineau. Very 'rive gauche' ; )

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:56 PM) : 

There's not a single young boy in the US who would have the chic to proudly walk around with a bag. Much respect to this fellow.

 

Blogger A La Femme said ... (2:14 PM) : 

I love when kids have great style. Not just when they're parents dress them, but when they have their own style and they wear it well. He is definitely wearing it well.

 

Blogger Mary Jane said ... (2:33 PM) : 

Daring darling fellow, please PLEASE do start sharing your insights and inspirations with your loyal readerhip again! As much as I enjoy the visuals, they're only enriched by the tales you have to tell. Your observations always serve to enhance the image, and sometimes your thoughts help me re-examine my own opinion of the sartorial moment.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:43 PM) : 

I wish I were like him when I was his age!

Cool Style!

 

Blogger Mumei said ... (2:43 PM) : 

this outfit doesn't really do much for me. sure the price tag is a little higher than most hipster outfits, but he looks like any average scene kid from the burbs.

 

Blogger Jamie Welsh Watson said ... (3:07 PM) : 

Oh my gosh, I am so excited to see a youngster featured here!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 PM) : 

Aw.

-- desertwind

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:14 PM) : 

Love his t-shirt and the limited edition Pierre Hardy kicks - 2.500 pieces were distributed in select stores.
In my opinion the brown and black he is wearing clash a bit.
Love the teen aura though!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:22 PM) : 

I realize this is the Sartorialist and not the Tonsorialist, but that kid's hair is hella scary; he reminds me of Moe from the Three Stooges.

 

Blogger Gabrielle said ... (3:24 PM) : 

Alors, this kid has better clothes than just about any other Parisian under 30 that I've seen - and I live here! Arugh. Dior Homme? Westwood? Pierre Hardy? At 12!? Depressing.


How do you suppose he blows off steam (all that teenage angst welling up in his eyes, etc etc). Slashing up his maman's Balenciaga jackets?

I should hate him but strangely, I don't. I'm just jealous. Please inform us who his stylist is (groan).

http://www.frenchfling.com/

 

Blogger wilsonreps said ... (3:40 PM) : 

he just sunned every LES crawling hipster tween out there. plus he probably speaks three languages at a minimum.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:09 PM) : 

such a ROCKSTAR! Love the Tshirt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:13 PM) : 

This look fits his young age and he's quite fashionable, I actually like it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:38 PM) : 

I was in Paris over New Years and noticed that the children were better dressed than most North Americans. And they have fabulous clothing stores for kids all over the place.

 

Blogger Laurenn said ... (4:46 PM) : 

ohhhh he probably wears the same shoe size as me! damn you, chic parisian kid, for making me jealous of your amazing pierre hardy sneakers! Haha, it's a great picture, though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:15 PM) : 

Come to Spain one day, you'll find great styles too. Each city is totally different from one another.

 

Blogger Are You Aware? said ... (5:23 PM) : 

used to like those shoes, but ive seen them too much. but you have to respect parisians b/c no 12 yr old in the US could look as natural in that style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:25 PM) : 

so from the comments I've read...his family is apparently well off? I like the structured streetwear. And he's so young...

 

Blogger Karen said ... (5:31 PM) : 

All that money spent on designer shoes and clothes just to look like the headbangers that hang around the bus station in my little burgh? Not working for me.

 

Blogger Julia said ... (5:32 PM) : 

Coolest kid ever? He's stunning and his style is impeccable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:50 PM) : 

dang I'm speechless, so stylish for his age. <3

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:29 PM) : 

I sincerely hope that he does not get robed. Expensive things make me nervous on crowded streets.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:33 PM) : 

Something I'd wear casually, to do casual things. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:27 PM) : 

Coolest. T-shirt. Ever. Is that Jesus as a Card Suite king? xD Would love to know the brand...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:47 PM) : 

superb

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:24 PM) : 

I'm obsessed with the murse! (man-purse) This trend is really picking up.

 

Blogger Terren said ... (10:29 PM) : 

wow. is he 12? love the kicks.

 

Blogger aviewaskew said ... (11:35 PM) : 

this lad is too cool for school......although the clenched fingers give him away...nice to see a hint of vulnerability in one so young~the tee rocks...beautiful boy~
great shot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:08 AM) : 

love the attitude

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:35 AM) : 

Pierre Hardy's on his feet?!?! Are you kidding me?!?! Where does a young Parisian get that kind of money?!?! The shirt is nice too. Very bold.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:06 AM) : 

My goodness, what an angel! From where did he descend?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:21 AM) : 

this guy has oodles of attitude..... very amusing ..... llllllllllllooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeedddddd it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:25 AM) : 

Youthful insouciance...although I wonder if he manages to pick it all out himself or if he has a switched on mama who does it for him. Someone has to pay the credit card people and hunt down those kicks!

 

Blogger do you like my tight sweater said ... (4:18 AM) : 

girls at school must love him :) great t-shirt

 

Blogger AU PAYS DE CANDY said ... (7:31 AM) : 

so sweet!!

 

Blogger Dan said ... (8:39 AM) : 

I wonder if he is just holding his Mum's handbag?

 

Blogger Arethusa said ... (1:10 PM) : 

This dude is killing me here. Just stunning.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:31 PM) : 

Pierre Hardy Shoes....I'm so jealous...great style...sad expression... why people can smile :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:08 PM) : 

he looks too tall and his face looks too developed to be twelve, i'm sure he's sixteen or seventeen

 

Blogger Shawna Elizabeth said ... (2:41 PM) : 

He resembles an adolescent Agyness Deyn

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:52 PM) : 

how in the world does he afford these things??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:35 PM) : 

COOL LE CHIC!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:45 PM) : 

he´s so cool for his age! Paris is probably the only city in the world where you can find as cool kids as this one!

 

Blogger Scott W said ... (11:29 PM) : 

Thanks, Garry. I love that song!

This kid's got it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:20 AM) : 

Great look.
Is he a toyboy?
Or a model ?
Or just a kid with rich parents.

 

Blogger paolo said ... (9:14 AM) : 

Ihatechu and your Pierre Hardy, Vivienne and Dior goodness. I'm 15 and the only designer I have is freaking Paul Smith.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:42 AM) : 

Check out that attitude on him! He's practically a pop icon in the making. It's just a shame that he clearly had to spend truckloads of money just to look like that, and at such a young age, too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:32 PM) : 

brilliant!
i'm sure that is the coolest kid i've ever seen.
and GOD, Pierre Hardy, Westwood, Dior? and how old is he, twelve?
i envy him more.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:31 PM) : 

Who said he's twelve. Who said he's a he?

I usually get in trouble for misjudging people's ages but I'm guessing this person is older than 12.

Look how the eyebrows are groomed. As the mum of a 14 year old boy I know NONE who are this into fashion and who groom their brows.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:47 PM) : 

Okay, so he's rich.
But do we really have to dissect his outfit so much and drag out really how wealthy he is?
He has an undeniable je ne se quois that no amount of money could buy; the kid would be hella chic in secondhand too.

And anon 8:37 got it totally right, same look as Arbus's "Boy With Toy Hand Grenade" perhaps minus the A.D.D.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

I find this look very confusing. I realize I like the photo itself, but I find the look to be somehow just wrong. The enthusiastic comments puzzle me. I do find the kid to "have something special" indeed, but for some mysterious reason it just doesn't include his outfit. Something to do with the discrepancy between his lovely, melancholy expression and those clothes that seem to be striving so hard to achieve some level of cool... It does make for a great photo indeed in my opinion, but not for an inspiration.

 

Blogger leather girl said ... (12:37 PM) : 

i think you should do a documentary on this boy, starting right now. i cannot wait to see where he is in 5, 10 years! go!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:59 AM) : 

absolutely fantastic shot.

 

Blogger Disneyrollergirl.net said ... (7:38 AM) : 

My guess is he's older than 13 and has borrowed some of those clothes (shoes, bag, cardi) from his mum or older brother/sister. I bet his mum/dad is the owner of a Colette-type store or a fashion editor or some-such. Someone who has easy access to designer stuff or gets big discounts. But that's just a guess. I actually love how everyone's speculating and making assumptions about him. Even though we all know not to judge on appearances, we still do! Cos it's fun, no?

I'm glad most of the commenters are more intrigued rather than disapproving of a young boy in expensive clothes. I know it's un-PC but my opinion is, as long as it looks good, what does it matter?!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:06 AM) : 

Just because he has all these expensive things doesn't necessarily mean he is rich, those things may be the only expensive designer things he has. I'm a 15-year-old boy and i have a Burberry scarf and a Burberry wallet and i am in no way "rich". Anyway he looks great. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:29 PM) : 

MANNYPANX (moneypunk). Non-the-less he has a great style.

 

Blogger Shayela H. said ... (8:51 PM) : 

He intrigues me. A little far on the skinny side, but boys in their teens go through the weirdest stages of growth. He's unexpectedly classy. How he affords those, or even picked them out...lucky.

 

Blogger Jab said ... (9:11 PM) : 

He's like the coolest kid ever

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 AM) : 

If he's wearing Pierre Hardy and Dior now, what has he got left to wear when he's older ?! nothing to look forward to!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:17 AM) : 

THIS IS SOOOOOOO MODERN!!! I love it. Shut up with those Pierre Hardys (Hardies?). Not too sure about the purse though, but who knows, in about two years full blown man purses will probably be in style in the states.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:59 PM) : 

i really love the blog and i think this was one of the best pics ever!
he's so young but has a lot of style! LOVE IT for a say 12, 13 years old!

i wish i was that stylish!
and his looks are so strong..go for it kid!

 

Blogger Citlalli said ... (8:20 AM) : 

I love this kid. How he can has so much style??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:32 PM) : 

He's such a sweetheart.. Very fashionable at a young age! I wish I live in Paris!

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (11:00 PM) : 

this little dude might have a stylist or ought to be a stylist.
Superb!

 

Blogger Karina Cifuentes said ... (5:15 PM) : 

Adorable. I hope to have a son as stylish and effortlessly cool.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:28 AM) : 

I am in love. He's gorgeous.


Katariina.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:08 PM) : 

A Swede in Paris! Fantastic!

 

Blogger "Eddie in the corner" said ... (5:11 PM) : 

The Diane Arbus comments prompted me to go back and look a the (Arbus) image again.
I happened on the Proof Sheet. The famous angst-filled shot is the Only one on the sheet where it's not just a happy kid frolicking in the park and hamming it up!
And as someone said earlier: This Paris kid "rocks"

 

Blogger nickyfc said ... (8:44 PM) : 

that kid must be 12 or 13! If only the rest of humanity could take fashion and make it their own like him.

 

Blogger yibram palacios said ... (9:45 PM) : 

i have those too

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:00 PM) : 

I WANT the t-shirt! So neat! I have never seen such a kitschily cool tee!

 

Blogger bomb.ass.ting said ... (10:31 PM) : 

He's like 4 years younger than me, pretty impressive with the PH sneakers there.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:24 AM) : 

i can honestly say that his face is more interesting tha his outfit..woudl love to see him in something smart and classic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:34 PM) : 

im probably only a few years older than him and im living in a fashion-barren place, the kids my age wear flip flops and berms.
got to love the style and attitude i wish i was in paris! i'd probably have fallen for him a few years back! the broody rockstar type.
WITH AWESOME SHOES, BTW, so envious of the rich.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:45 PM) : 

I wish I dressed like this when I his age. Full of angst.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:26 PM) : 

effortless.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:37 PM) : 

damn..i have no comments..

 

Anonymous Max said ... (2:27 PM) : 

Oh, the boy in the Photo is called Charles Guislain and he is 17, not 14 =) Very cool picture! I Love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:19 PM) : 

Isn´t he a friend of brianboy? He´s all over his blogg.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting