This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street...Runway to Reality, Milan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, July 28, 2008

On the Street...Runway to Reality, Milan

Comments on "On the Street...Runway to Reality, Milan"

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (5:52 PM) : 

No, it's all too red for me!

 

Blogger Olimpia Liberti said ... (5:57 PM) : 

Wow! What a shocking color!! But really really beautiful! Love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:12 PM) : 

inspiring..great to see someone who can get away well with a runway look:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:26 PM) : 

mens jumper in silk. interesting. I can't decide if I like it.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (6:35 PM) : 

I would never have thought a man could successfully wear a silk jumpsuit, but he does it well!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:40 PM) : 

Collar looks good, rolled sleeves are nice, and the material is great. I would like this look more if it had a couple of tweaks: they were trousers with a belt instead of a drawstring; and, better shoes (more pointed and thinner soled) that were not scuffed and in need of a polish. The bag is a nice accessory and is in good proportion and colour.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:42 PM) : 

hugh hefner with a man bag.

 

Blogger A La Femme said ... (6:53 PM) : 

I'm not neccessarily a fan of being too matchy, matchy. I love his bag though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:06 PM) : 

Please be kidding.

 

Blogger Hazel said ... (7:06 PM) : 

sartorialist, your blog is beyond amazing. your photos of everyday individuals in stylish outfits are inspiring. i hope you never, ever put down your camera! i've featured your pictures in my blog.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:09 PM) : 

Really stunning! I love the colour and the fabric seems to be very comfy. A perfect match with the shoes as well...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:10 PM) : 

Ugh. That shoe with the jumpsuit just doesn't do it for me. Really, the jumpsuit doesn't do it for me but I figured since that's the basis of the post I ought to find some possibility in the ensemble.

I'm all for a shoe with a history, but combined with the Prada(?)it makes me think of Sanitation Dept. styled by Rachel Zoe.

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (7:29 PM) : 

It is to much a the same color for me... and I am not so hot for elastic waist pants. But he dared and it is what it is all about!

And the shoes.... are not shined. Not my favorite... Sory.

 

Blogger mark s said ... (7:41 PM) : 

uh-uh - some places I draw the line and a 1-piece, a onezie, a jump suit, whatever you call it, just doesnt do it for me.

The only thing worse than a one-piece is a mock 2-piece anything.

 

Blogger Landis said ... (7:51 PM) : 

hate to say it,
tried on the bottega jumpsuit in paris a week ago,
and it looked surprisingly hot.

i don't want to like the jumpsuit.

you are not helping here . . .

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:54 PM) : 

Not sure about this one... Wrong shoes maybe?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:54 PM) : 

there's very much of a Dries van Noten vibe..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:59 PM) : 

This type of wear is way to glitzy/gaudy for our current recession (U.S.).

But then again, can you expect any less when you're in Milan?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:38 PM) : 

The Dr Venture look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:48 PM) : 

hahahaaa.wow thats even too much red for ME!

 

Blogger Karen said ... (8:54 PM) : 

Nooo, not the jumpsuit! Puh-LEEZ not the jumpsuit, nearly the most impractical garment ever invented! I speak from experience. I owned a jumpsuit once. Only took one trip to the ladies' room to find out why they should be banished from the face of the planet.

And in silk, no less.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 PM) : 

i love love love the color and the top portion but..the bottom just ruins it for me! too much red/silk and i just dont thikn jumpsuit will ever do it for me

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:26 PM) : 

First skirts, and now a jump suit.
It's July, not April 1st.
So Sart, was it a dare, or a bet?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:13 PM) : 

what makes it acceptable is the single fact that the jumpsuit was desgined by miuccia prada. she rocks and she knows oh so well where fashion is leading to. next big thing: her flowers pump will be everywhere in a blink....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:22 PM) : 

its not fou but i would only attempt with tennis shoes or sandals

S

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 PM) : 

reminds me of the scene at the auto mechanic from GREASE w/ John Travolta - just a little.

secondly - wouldn't this present just a tad of a funny situation in a public loo? does he have to unbutton the entire top?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:31 PM) : 

I agree with the above post in that he should wear a belt. It would break it up a little and give a littlke more weight cinsidering he's carrying a big bold leather bag.

Ithink you could have a lot of fun with this outfit. You could dress it up aith a tie perhaps or pair it with an interesting jacket. I think this colour would look great with a grey.

It's an intense colour but it takes a certain tupe t o wear it so well. The clean cut look of his face adds a nice touch. I like these better than those "Man skirts"

 

Blogger MEMEME said ... (10:42 PM) : 

I would like this on me instead of him....:)..

 

Blogger anna said ... (10:43 PM) : 

Amazing, a fascinating blend of pragmatism and luxury. Maybe he will wear a different coloured version for every day of the week?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:47 PM) : 

This is incredible. I would have done a different shoe. Like the bag though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 PM) : 

this is so weird

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:54 PM) : 

Very interesting indeed! Would this look work in North America, who the blank cares? I love it when a man goes out on a limb for personal freedom of choice!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:20 PM) : 

That is some serious fashion victim stuff going on there. But if I saw him walking down the street I would say "rock on!" and applaud. Then I would take a picture with my Iphone and show everyone. So I guess I like it!

 

Blogger Scott W said ... (11:51 PM) : 

Comfort deluxe and style to boot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:27 AM) : 

the suit and the sunlight match perfectly!

 

Blogger Rudakova said ... (1:56 AM) : 

It is not a man for me, but it is look for me :) Italian's look is realy inspiring.

 

Blogger Rudakova said ... (1:57 AM) : 

It is not a man for me, but it is look for me :) Italian's look is realy inspiring.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:07 AM) : 

The shoes stick out and look odd, but on the other hand, if the shoes were the same color as the suit, it would be too much. I'm not sure what he could wear on his feet that would work here. Sneakers maybe... :D

At first I didn't realize it was a jumpsuit and thought he was wearing shirt and pants in exactly the same color. To me, jumpsuits is a throwback to a (thankfully) very brief period in the 80's and some mental institutions, although the latter tend to have dull colors and aren't exactly made of silk... :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:17 AM) : 

I think he looks fantastic. He's wearing a contentious item with absolute confidence, and the unpolished shoes dress it down just enough to make him look comfortable and blase about it. Plus, the light in this shot is gorgeous. I'm so glad you posted it.

 

Blogger Diana said ... (3:16 AM) : 

if he passed my way on the street, I probably wouldn´t remark that it is a one-piece thing.
Ok, the color is a little too red, but it has to be a very good material and very good tailored, because it fits him wonderful.
What about sweating in silk?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:18 AM) : 

oh no, nono. not good. he looks just silly. inacceptable of every man of either sexual orientation. and in silk. PLEASE.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:25 AM) : 

I guess the bag is necessary because otherwise it too much. Accessory is the key, isn't it?!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:48 AM) : 

dope.... i love the color...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:51 AM) : 

Some of you people will think anything looks amazing... to me the guy looks like he's in NBA warm ups and is about to pull that garish thing off and go play.

 

Blogger Song Thuong said ... (4:59 AM) : 

I like the colour and the top. The pants are ok, but it could have been better in a set like that, if they are not one piece.

 

Blogger António Erre said ... (5:01 AM) : 

Skirts!? no, no, no...
Very nice this one! And it's bold as skirts.
Antonio

 

Blogger Michael Morco said ... (6:58 AM) : 

In a word, wow.

 

Blogger Gratistotal said ... (7:12 AM) : 

piyamas!!! thanks god!!! as you say, runway to reality

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:17 AM) : 

Looks like a bellboy at a South Beach hotel, sorry. Can you bring these golf clubs to room 901, please?

 

Blogger Susie said ... (7:24 AM) : 

Not for me thanks... I do not want to see men in jumpers...

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (8:04 AM) : 

I could go for this if it had something that breaks or soften the line, such as a jacket or maybe a heavy belt. I believe the shoes are non-polished on purpose, otherwise, the entire outfit would be shiny, so the shoes work for me (I never polish some of my shoes such as my Dr Martens). The bag is surprisingly similar to some leather bags that JCrew makes now and again, so keep your eyes open! It does go on sale...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:14 AM) : 

He's making a very bold statement and managing to look surprisingly elegant and dare I say, rather sexy! Fair play to him. In response to the shoe-dissing going on, I reckon these are a perfect understated compliment to a totally bonkers outfit. Shiny/pointy shoes would've tipped the whole thing waaaay over the edge.

 

Blogger Tord said ... (8:17 AM) : 

This is fashion, not style, and fashion is fleeting (in this case, thank god).

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:09 AM) : 

Fabulous. Love it! The colour is beautiful and I love that he is wearing it completely buttoned-up rather leaving than a few top buttons undone.

 

Blogger Laurence John said ... (9:19 AM) : 

wearing one strong colour all over like that requires a certain leap of faith. you have to believe that what you are doing is a good idea even though common sense suggests otherwise.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:25 AM) : 

Yes, it's a lovely color, but does this remind anyone else of Devo or The Polysics? Dx I love those bands, don't get me wrong, but...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:03 AM) : 

After the guys in the heavy suits pictures, I thought how smart this guy was to wear something lightweight, cool, and easy. It's not an outfit you see everyday, which is why you posted it! I think he looks great and suprisingly natural.

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (10:28 AM) : 

My only problem with the jumpsuit is that I'd love to see a really beautiful belt break the line of all that (beautiful) red. It could be the color of the bag.
A couple seasons ago HUGO did a two-eyelet dress shoe in metallic bronze- I'd totally "rock that", as many of you are so fond of saying, with this! Maybe not in daytime. And what kind of belt does one wear with metallic bronze shoes? Hmm.
And again, aside from the bag, no accessories- smart.

 

Blogger cucumbersome said ... (11:19 AM) : 

I actually love the scuffed shoe. It says 'this fancy red silk jumper may get a little dirty'. Maybe he has a back up jumper in that satchel, for vinaigrette accidents. A print seems safer.

 

Blogger Ruffin. said ... (12:16 PM) : 

Haha it looks like he's wearing pajamas!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:18 PM) : 

Any guesses as to the maker of the bag - I have been craving a big tote like that for ages and have not found anything acceptable yet...

 

Blogger M. said ... (1:04 PM) : 

oh my gosh, he's gorgeous.
that's such a perfect color for him, if it was in any other color i would probably hate it, but in a color that's so complimentary to his skin tone a jumpsuit actually makes sense.
that's definitly not something that could be worked in TX, but if i was in europe and saw this man i would be his devoted fan

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:06 PM) : 

Does Milan really count as "reality"?

 

Blogger andrewS said ... (1:43 PM) : 

It's Blood Red, and very nice ensemble, very Prada, looks very Prada.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:07 PM) : 

He went there and I think it's crazy hot! He doesn't care what anyone thinks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:26 PM) : 

I just. . . LOVE. . . red.

He so rocks it.

 

Blogger Michelle said ... (2:58 PM) : 

silk pajamas?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:13 PM) : 

no no no belt! How would anyone be able to tell that he's wearing a jumper? I think it all works really well together - with the unshined shoes toning down the shiny silk and the large bag being noticeable enough for you to think that all he wants you to see is the suit.
It all works very well together, really.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:12 PM) : 

Why is fashion always so conventionnal when it comes to men? It seems that wearing silk or bright colours remains the privilege of the women.

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (5:58 PM) : 

This looks gorgeous (on him)! But, again, you must be him!

 

Blogger underneath said ... (6:06 PM) : 

I find that chocolate truffle hue utmost rare and beautiful

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:20 PM) : 

I think it's cool. NOW, where can I get anything remotely like that?!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:44 PM) : 

this reminds me of that episode of seinfeld where george wears an all velour sweatsuit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:35 PM) : 

this is a beautiful photograph. i love the light and the complement of the tan trousers in the background.as for his outfit, the shirt is amazing, but the pants make it a little pyjama-ish. still looks great!

 

Blogger makenew said ... (8:40 PM) : 

ooooooh

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:48 PM) : 

I don't necessarily approve. But I like how the drawstring pants are very Dolce and Gabbana.

 

Blogger -pVd- said ... (10:19 PM) : 

No! Just no. Lets leave Jumpsuits where they belong: helicopter pilots and the 1970s.

 

Blogger Homme77 said ... (10:30 PM) : 

It's a little bit hot...but not feeling the shoes, they're too fugly for the jumpsuit. bag etc works well though. kudos for pulling it off (well almost)

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (10:48 PM) : 

I have to leave a second comment on this- it looks great. Of course it looks good on this particular man, it doesn't look silly or contrived- he wears it beautifully and naturally and the overall effect (oh, that could have been a pun was wasn't intended as one)is one of ease, elegance and style. Actually my favorite post so far this week.(And they aren't really overalls)
Dan

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 AM) : 

Gorgeous color, but that's all I can say :/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 AM) : 

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
THE PRADA ONE PIECE SUIT US TOOO FR-UH-SH HE LOOKS SUPER CHIC

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:43 AM) : 

The cut of the pants aren't right and the black shoes are off the mark. A creme or tan shoe would be more fitting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:11 PM) : 

It's sort of gorgeous/hideous and he looks so happily willing to go down in flames with it. I raise a glass of vermilion froth to you, Mr Jumpsuit, and to you, Sartorialist for presenting him. Clink, clink!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:21 PM) : 

I love this new pyjama as daywear trend. It looks so comfy and understated, but also so elegant. I would definitely wear silk lounge pants!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:23 PM) : 

i like that a guy has the balls to wear this. it takes a lot of guts to wear a runway look like this.
i like the fit of it on him but not necessarily the color.

i wonder if men will take to her man-kini looks for the fall??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:07 AM) : 

the pants are great. totally wearable, perfect for a sultry summer day. i think the top ruins the look, it's all a bit too much to take in all at once.

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (8:09 AM) : 

it is absolutely cool!
men in a jumpsuit!

who else can wear it?

there is no men in my country, that can be so open and free to wear such clothes.

 

Blogger Lynden said ... (12:53 PM) : 

I think it's amazing. I want that tote!

 

Blogger Angela said ... (4:17 PM) : 

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I thought of a prison jumpsuit.

 

Blogger Isabelle said ... (6:42 AM) : 

graceful! yummie! red red red!

 

Blogger dez.fair said ... (4:31 PM) : 

is this prada or marc? either way i think he looks fantastic

 

Blogger Joseph Rudi Pielichaty said ... (7:23 AM) : 

I think its sumptuous and bold. Bravery is definitely worth a thumbs up

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:24 PM) : 

i like this brick's red color - one of the best prada look from last years. but much sexier.

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (3:56 PM) : 

Love the tote! Does anyone know the designer or label for that bag?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:57 AM) : 

absolutely great
and doesn't matter who is wairing that and how,it's like a masterpiece in the street,it'a prada,a statement for the summer,and that's it,no comment on that,totally great and confident,a right anticipation of the pajamas of the next summer,and absolutely the worker's suite,as bottega docet.
love it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:59 AM) : 

marni for the bag

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 AM) : 

I never wear red because I can't afford it, after years of high street shopping I almost forgot reds like this were still around. I think this photo is absolutely beautiful, the bag goes fantastically with the jumpsuit, and he still looks masculine, i think the structure of the shirt helps. The dark hair and the shadows, ooooo wow

 

Blogger Tim McFarlane said ... (8:33 PM) : 

Hmm...nah, can't quite get into this look. I don't like jumpsuits in the first place and this does nothing to move that opinion. I do like the rust color.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting