This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Darcy in Milan & Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

On the Street.....Darcy in Milan & Paris




People often leave comments saying something like "this look isn't new or directional"

Looking "new" or "directional" is of very little importance to most of us. I don't think I would ever describe Darcy as "directional" and yet I know a lot of women that would love to have the kind of quiet chic that she embodies.

Comments on "On the Street.....Darcy in Milan & Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:54 AM) : 

I'm sorry, but I don't know who she is. Can anyone tell me?
She looks amazing, indeed very quiet chic.

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (8:57 AM) : 

There are several constants- the Ray Ban Aviators (I can't believe I paid full-price for mine, I never do that!) in classic black; the leather clutch bag, which seems to be YSL, also in classic black; and last and most importantly: basic, classic, well constructed clothes in black or navy. I think the only non-classic item are the shorts in the middle picture- the silhouette is so of-the-season that she may have to retire them, and ain't it the truth most of us are looking for the slimmest hips we can show, which does not always happen with these pants! Interesting how she is wearing light shoes in the first picture- when your clothes do not distract, you can have that one item that pops! I wouldn't try this but I think she pulls it off. What's her job? Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (8:58 AM) : 

For Anon 8:54am
Who she is really isn't that important but what she potentially inspires can be

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:04 AM) : 

She is very beautiful and has great style too.
Nothing is truly new anymore, but some things are done much better than others and she has done very well with a simple, lovely look.

Sart,
Only the middle image seems to load well??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:13 AM) : 

I think "quiet chic" is a very good way of putting it!

And I just have to say, that little kiddo in the first shot makes me think of a tiny Amelie Poulain :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:14 AM) : 

She looks like Eva Green!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:16 AM) : 

Yes, I am having problems loading the images from the most recent posts - this one and the one previous.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (9:26 AM) : 

yes
I think blogger is having a little problem today

try reloading the page

it works mostly fine for me on safari but i have had to go to another site then come back and it loads correctly

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (9:26 AM) : 

yes
I think blogger is having a little problem today

try reloading the page

it works mostly fine for me on safari but i have had to go to another site then come back and it loads correctly

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:45 AM) : 

quite simply chic.

 

Blogger Liz said ... (9:45 AM) : 

I think that nothing exudes more style than being understated and classic at the same time. She doesn't need to have her clothes scream "look at me" but we do anyways.

 

Blogger Jessica said ... (9:47 AM) : 

"quiet chic" sums it up perfectly. i'm all for interesting, new, directional - that can be very inspiring. but i think classic sophistication is more appealing, at least for me personally, than pushing the boundaries of fashion. darcy knows what works for her looks simultaneously timeless and current!

 

Blogger emily said ... (9:52 AM) : 

blogger is making me sad today! but this finally loaded and i love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:55 AM) : 

When I look at the pictures I enjoy the professionality of the photographer; I enjoy the "joy de vivre" of the people in the picture; then I enjoy the clothes. The combination is always enjoyable. Often I get inspiration to make adjustments and changes to my own wardbrobe. Sometimes I find the comments far too critical. Why not just enjoy and if you want to, apply some of the ideas.

 

Blogger Anthea said ... (9:59 AM) : 

I think simplicity works well for her. She looks amazing in the middle image :) Loved your article in Madame Figaro Congrats!

 

Blogger Susanna said ... (10:01 AM) : 

I love the combination of the tank and shrug in the last photo!

Where can I find a sweater like that?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:03 AM) : 

Sart, I totally agree. This woman looks simple, refined, and sophisticated. You do not have to be sporting those dreadful gladiator shoes or a maxi dress to look fashion forward. This is the look I'd aspire to. Would love to see more like her.

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (10:06 AM) : 

She seems to quietly, innately have it down. Photo two is especially lovely, casual and elegant at once. I don't think she'll have to retire those shorts soon.

 

Blogger Pippa said ... (10:06 AM) : 

Her appeal is that her style seems effortless. Beautiful.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (10:09 AM) : 

She looks great! Classic, elegant, understated...the dark colors and minimal jewelry are perfect. LOVE the trousers in the last photo!

 

Blogger j'taimee said ... (10:11 AM) : 

I think it is her attitude of confidence that is so inspirational - very elegantly so.

 

Blogger Marcie said ... (10:16 AM) : 

I completely agree with you. You don't have to look "new" to look great - and she really does look great :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:23 AM) : 

True style is personal,confident, consistent and beautiful. This woman has it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:28 AM) : 

Quiet Chic is a good way to describe it. But to me it speaks even more. It's elegant and classic and the simplicity of how she wears something as simple as a black dress or black pants, make the look ultramodern. To me, there is no one that catches my attention walking down the street like someone dressed stunningly simple.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 AM) : 

i like her style, she looks great in every picture - but it's a bit on the black side of everything....! well, but if you look that classic and great, nothing wrong with always going for black (or dark) outfits.

anyone please notice the extremely cool kid with the great dress and the silver gladiator sandals?!! awesome!

 

Blogger g said ... (10:42 AM) : 

great. this is exactly why I love your blog; you show people who simply have a great sense of style without being trendy. too many fashion blogs (and streets) are filled with hipsters trying too hard, believing that they'll look good if they wear the right stuff. obiously, having the 'right' items doesn't help if you lack inner sense of style. i think! and i suppose you agree!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 AM) : 

i think you're right. its quiet chic. seemingly effortless, elegant and so on. and im fond of her use of aviators as well.

 

Blogger spring flowers said ... (10:59 AM) : 

the little girl is adorable!

 

Blogger shoe-addict-mom said ... (10:59 AM) : 

simple, chic, comfy but still STUNNING!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 AM) : 

Great simple look!! I can never seem to pull these off. I always wonder if these woman spend at lot of time deciding on these looks or if they come to them naturally. My husband can do these simple put together looks. Closet full of great shirts, great pants all same cut and same style that looks good on his body type, in different colors a few great suits and jackets and the result many great things to mix and match, but in all honesty I think it is easier for men no offense.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 AM) : 

the little girl is just cute

 

Blogger its for your own good said ... (11:04 AM) : 

trends come in and fit the moment but turn gross rather quickly. classics stay true, and "classic" forever.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 AM) : 

I think she really looks like Eva Green.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:12 AM) : 

I love these pictures and absolutely adore her style. It's exactly what I aspire to - quiet chic.

And how adorable is the little girl in the dress and gold sandals? Thank heavens for little girls.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 AM) : 

these pictures are worth reloading the page a zillion times to be able to see them.
i was so impatient and they didn't let me down when they finally appeared!
thanks again scott!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:21 AM) : 

quiet chic is right. all black with key accessories seems to be how she achieves that, but it's also about the way she carries herself and attitude.
well captured.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:22 AM) : 

It's my kind of style! Love the "quiet chic" looks.

W

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (11:26 AM) : 

She is very chic and she does in a simple and natural way!
Love her elegant looks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:28 AM) : 

I think I just strive to look classic, simple and elegant which I think she looks completely.

 

Blogger The Domina said ... (11:28 AM) : 

I love her style, the second picture is that a shirtdress or shorts? She looks very cool and casual in a classic way. The third picture, those pants, only a very certain type of woman could pull off looking like you have larger hips than you actually do!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:32 AM) : 

People who comment about the looks u pick, telling they are not "directional" defintely don't understand the brilliance of your blog...
What is directional in your blog is how you don't really care about fashion, how you just think of how people can look their best, letting aside the trends...
Fashion mags have taught us (or triend to teach us) for decades that trends is what matters most, that trends make us beautiful...
Some blogs (but yours with more talent) have told us the opposite: forget about trends, think when you dress, ure not a piece of art, ur look doesn't need to be directional, it needs to make u stand out as an individual... and an attractive one at best!
Congratulations for your blog! I'm a faithful follower...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:32 AM) : 

I so totally, completely agree with you, on that one.
(Does that mean you're gonna publish my comments again? Oh, relax, just kidding).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 AM) : 

she does look lovely - but i bet she sometimes thinks 'i'm so understated and quiet chic... wish i could get into something less serious!'.
i think even when we've found our style, we look at other people who have a very different one and question.... well i do anyway!

 

Blogger Tea Lady said ... (11:41 AM) : 

I love these looks. The blue dress in the top picture is beautiful! And I especially love the teaming of the black shoes/black slacks and black v-neck shirt in the last photo. Ordinary items the lady has made look very chic. Items we all probably have in our closet. This inspires me.

 

Blogger starbahks said ... (11:47 AM) : 

hear hear. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 AM) : 

the slits in the sleeves in the third outfit are absolutely stunning and take this outfit from wallflower directly to understated chic...a distinction that straddles a fine line indeed.

the waistband on those pants too. wow. it really is all in the details.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:52 AM) : 

I really like Darcy's style. It's comfortably efforless. She looks lovely.

 

Blogger Karen said ... (11:58 AM) : 

I like the half-pint in the little blue sun dress. She at least looks like she's enjoying herself!

The black mini looks good, though the fabric seems a bit stiff. The pants in the third picture, too, seem stiff about the waist. The details on the shirt are interesting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:07 PM) : 

very well put. we don't live the life of a marketing campaign, so rarely do our clothes have to be "directional" as you put it. she looks beautiful in her quiet elegance.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 PM) : 

A beautiful sense of entitlement. True chic! I love it.

 

Blogger Coryn said ... (12:28 PM) : 

Very chic yet subtle. I like her aviator glasses--she pulls them off very well.

 

Blogger Coryn said ... (12:29 PM) : 

Very chic yet subtle. I like her aviator glasses--she pulls them off very well.

 

Blogger Casey said ... (12:31 PM) : 

I adore this woman's look. Are there more photos of her elsewhere on the blog?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 PM) : 

I love her look; this is something I have been trying to achieve within my own style.

And I looove the budding fashionista in the first photo! Gladiator sandals on a little girl? Adorable. If only my mom dressed me this nicely... instead of the pink polyester track suits of the '80s... (oh the horror!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:35 PM) : 

new isn't always better. some of the girls who i most admire fashion-wise are the ones who wear jeans & a t-shirt, with a few accessories that make them look very comfortable within themselves. i think that's the point of personal fashion, anyway - to make yourself comfortable both in what you're wearing and how what you're wearing presents yourself to others.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 PM) : 

oh my gosh that little girl's gladiator sandals are so adorable!!

 

Blogger william said ... (12:40 PM) : 

I completely agree with you. Leave it to the designers to be directional and the consumer to make it their own.

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (1:11 PM) : 

Count me in on that "quiet chic" preference. Especially after just having had a baby, I find this kind of classic look makes life easier without leaving you feeling frumpy.

 

Blogger J. said ... (1:16 PM) : 

I absolutely adore her style. It fits my fashion philosophy perfectly--clothing ought to be stylish and timeless and if it is comfortable as well, you get a gold star.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:20 PM) : 

I want to disagree with you given that everyone agrees with you; however your praise is merited.

I'm guilty. I love the photos that cause a stir. The 100-plus comments that follow are always the ones worth reading.

 

Blogger Priscilla Brossi Gutierre said ... (1:20 PM) : 

Her looks are adorable!

 

Blogger katkin said ... (1:23 PM) : 

The style that spoke to me first was the little girl in the first pic - totally age-appropriate, very stylish and definitely cute!
You see so many small children (especially here in England) dressed badly, in inappropriate and overcomplicated attire; it's so nice to see that it is possible to dress children well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:27 PM) : 

I absolutely agree. Calm, cool and collected - isn't that from an old deoderant commercial? Anyway, that is what she exudes and what I've always strived for.

By the way, when I saw the first shot, I was hoping that Darcy was the little girl. How cute are those gladiator sandals???

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:52 PM) : 

You are absolutely right. She's totally amazingly chic and she onws something out of reality. Loves.

 

Blogger B Nos Aires said ... (2:19 PM) : 

i agree with you when you said that its not really important to look new or directional cause she's fabulous in those outfits! that's the way i kinda dress myself to have dinner or in cold mornings.

love your blog! take care!

 

Blogger Jimin said ... (2:30 PM) : 

i am a mother of two and her look is perfect for moms. look comfortable, not overdone yet stylish. i would love to dress like her everyday.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 PM) : 

For me, william 12:40 says it all and Sart you illustrate it perfectly. i love your expression 'quiet chic', that in itself is inspirational. Darcy is elegant, sophisticated and above all knows herself. A very thought provoking post. Thank you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:09 PM) : 

Anyone have an idea on where to find the second outfit? I absolutely love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:14 PM) : 

Heh. I wouldn't even know what "directional" means, in the context of fashion. :)

 

Blogger LRB said ... (3:19 PM) : 

She's eternally classic, less is definitely more chic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:41 PM) : 

When you know who you are and are comfortable with yourself, it usually shows in how you dress. This lets the clothes bring out the best in you, instead of overshadowing you. Great second picture!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:55 PM) : 

Darcy is a fashion editor at French Vogue.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:08 PM) : 

she is the cutest little girl i have ever seen in photo. i'm transfixed by her worriless expression.

 

Blogger Jonathan said ... (4:10 PM) : 

Your comments on this one are spot on. What I like about this series is that Darcy looks like she is confident in her choice. I think that's what really makes personal style.

 

Blogger 1234 said ... (4:36 PM) : 

agreed with the whole 'new and directional' thing. style doesnt always have to be new and directional. open minds please!

 

Blogger Jana FitzGerald said ... (5:16 PM) : 

I agree with you completely, but I also think those looks that are typically considered "new" completely lack in any direction. They're just circular and short lived. Chic, minimal looks like hers are something belonging to a much richer, lasting tradition.

 

Blogger Illerafac said ... (5:16 PM) : 

I love how even the little girl is trendy in her little gladiators.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:06 PM) : 

Hmm she looks simple a bit boring to me, sorry. I know the whole point is that she is doing 'classic chic' but something's just not there for me. I like the sleeves on the first dress but its overall cut does nothing for me, and I don't think the bag goes at all, or the shoes, though they are beautiful in their own right. The shirt-short-suit is fine, but nothing special, and the last picture is the most interesting but it looks like nothing quite fits her perfectly enough, something just looks frumpy about it.

Seems like I am just missing the point or something though, everyone else is d'accord!

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (6:42 PM) : 

i love this 'quiet' chic...you've described it well...its a look i strive for each and every day and think Darcy is just beautiful!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:16 PM) : 

The little girl is the most interesting thing about these photos.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:38 PM) : 

What I think is most important is that she HAS a sense of style that she is comfortable with and sticks to it. It's refreshing because it's not what you see in stores, but I'm ok with that.

 

Blogger Gerri Ward said ... (7:39 PM) : 

Such subtle elegance! Tres Chic.
I luv your blog.

 

Blogger V said ... (7:49 PM) : 

I'm not a fan of total black in daylight, but that's just personal taste and she looks remarkably well indeed.

The blue dress is fantastic, great great cut!

And she has my utmost respect for her black shirt in the second pic. To me, black shirts are always a bit tricky: they must have a great cut and a great fabric, otherwise they can just make a whole look "cheap".
But this one, with the corean-style
neck and those sleeves, is perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:22 PM) : 

love the short black dress. casual but chic.

 

Blogger ellastica said ... (9:33 PM) : 

is that also Anastasia Barbieri of Paris Vogue?

how about photographing the editors of Vogue Italia sometime? besides the usual Sozzani, Piaggi, though i love them both.

that just would be an interesting contrast to the usual Paris Vogue types.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:53 PM) : 

you make a good point, scott. not every outfit needs to blow passersby out of the water, or totally revolutionize the way we think about fashion. sometimes we just need to stay warm, stay cool, stay comfortable or (let's face it) blend in. one can do all these things with basic clothing, stylishly. Those who allow themselves to shine through what they wear, no matter what they wear, possess genuine style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:28 AM) : 

Quiet chic.
Don´t we all agree it´s a winner.
But I guess it takes (a lot of) guts to dress that way nowadays-when everybody is screaming for attention.
Well no guts no glory.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:05 AM) : 

The style in the photos is only a small deviation from what one might call "ordinary", but it is, indeed, more than that. It is the combination of very nice, well-taylored basics. I adore the black pieces, in the second and third picture in particular. They are simple, well-cut, with a little edge. Just right.

I agree, this is perfect styling. Not over-dressing. I would bet, that all pieces are in best quality. Probably, this is the way, men tend to dress: finding an interesting take within a pretty rigid, well-defined set of simple cuts. It moves emphasis to tayloring, and small details (like the pleats of the dress, or the cutouts in the jumper, or the waistband of the trousers). Something like composing a fuge, rather than a romantic symphony ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:08 AM) : 

I love that effortless look and the little girl in the top photo is just too cute with her baby gladiator sandals!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:57 AM) : 

Agree. Love her quiet chic. She carries a mysterious mood that simply draws you into her. Nothing is sexier than a mysterious woman who seem grounded and certain.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:23 AM) : 

she looks very very fierce
some1 not to play punk with

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:28 AM) : 

those PANTS! must... have....

 

Blogger nyc/caribbean ragazza said ... (3:34 AM) : 

I love her "quiet chic" style.

She is wearing the clothes not the other way around.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:24 AM) : 

Why are kids so cute and black dresses so cool? Don't know -they just are;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:37 AM) : 

I'm chiming in as well to say that this kind of style is fantastic. After I started working in the field my college studies are in, I realized pretty quickly that I needed to start wearing simple, classic basics.

There are two good reasons to dress like this: it makes you look respectable and professional but cute, and it *definitely* helps you live on a budget!

Thanks, Sartorialist, for highlighting this kind of practical and achievable style. It's very inspiring.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:57 AM) : 

my favorite part about darcy is that her style and beauty is effortless. it's the way she carries herself that makes her look spectacular.

and i just have to say, those are the cutest gladiator sandals on the little girl!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:22 AM) : 

The little girl's outfit is PERFECT! A simple, timeless dress in a beautiful color matched with of-the-moment (and possible classic-of-the-future) sandals. I am going to have to do some editing in my daughter's closet...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:44 AM) : 

what an awesome shot - eva green and (a young) maria shriver go strolling with a miniature audrey tautou! :) and they all are super stylish. fantastic!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:49 AM) : 

Elegant and chic. Perhaps in the third picture her pants seems too large. My favorite picture its the middle one!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 AM) : 

I do so agree that your outfit does not have to be "new" or progressive in order to be chic or stylish. Most people that are considered icons, are people who have found a style that suits them, and stuck to that. I would love to have her sense of style. It looks effortless and comfortable, and she will never look wrong in any context or surrounding, night or day.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:44 AM) : 

No doubt. Nothings more silly than "new and directional"; thats pretty much the last thing I wanna look like and I venture to say that goes for most.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:46 AM) : 

The little girl's outfit is adorable and although fashionable, still appropriate for a child. Perfect. I wish I could find my daughter simple, pretty dresses like that. I find Darcy's clothes chic but dull. A flash of red or sky blue or something unexpected would help.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:20 AM) : 

That little girl is absolutely precious. i can only hope that when i have a daughter she will be that cute. I love the clothes, too. I dont see anything wrong with wearing all black, though i personally might need a little color.

 

Blogger SpanishGent said ... (12:05 PM) : 

What a wonderfully classy and chic woman!!!! True timeless style!!!! Bravo!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:40 PM) : 

no natural elegance...! if you compare the photos with those of parisian women dressed in black(below). She looks like an ordinary american woman who thinks that black color is the only elegant one.

 

Blogger miss sophie said ... (1:05 PM) : 

i'm a big fan of the little girl's gladiator sandals! :D she has a quiet chic all her own.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:46 PM) : 

Actually, the thing I like about your site is that you're not picking people because they're "fashion forward and directional" (that makes me giggle-- sounds like someone on project runaway or something) but because they possess PERSONAL style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:52 PM) : 

I don't know. I know you don't want to hear it, but it's dull. Fashion is about looking put together, yes. But it's also about expressing oneself. And all I could get from this is " I don't want to try new things"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:00 PM) : 

I have to say that this website has become extremely close minded when it comes to fashion. Before it was pleasure to come and look at the pictures, when more everyday people were being photographed. Now there is this kind of elitist group that seem to be photographed over and over again. I think that Scott has taken what began as a past-time and taken it to serious. I dont like the fact that he now expresses what is chic and what is isnt, how you should wear this or that. Just take the photograph and let us have our own opinion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:28 PM) : 

How adorable is that little girl in her gladiators? Tres chic for her age. :]

 

Blogger MayKay said ... (3:43 PM) : 

I enjoy these shots of Darcy very much, especially as hers is the style I aspire to.But, please, how is one to achieve anything similar with a shortish & curvy body of 1,65/60!? Must one always be photomodel slim and tall to look this great?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:51 PM) : 

That little girl is beautiful.

 

Blogger Sienna said ... (5:48 PM) : 

Quiet chic is the best kind :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:11 PM) : 

The middle shot is excellent. Darcy looks very streamlined and, consequently, is the epitome of chic. I love the black skirt and button down worn with the oh so cool Ray Bans. Minimalism at its best.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:56 AM) : 

I love the first photo of the women with the little girl, and that is exactly how little girls should look in the summer time. And I love the white shoes on all three women, they're all beautiful. The pearly mary-janes and baby gladiators, and skinny simple sandals. Just lovely summery feelings.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:57 AM) : 

Love it. I prefer this over some of the other trendy looks b/c it is something I personally identify with, something one can be comfortable in. I believe in wearing fashion that one is comfortable in-- no, no not pajamas. I mean a style that reflects who you are and is flattering. This woman is so beautifully poised. She knows this is her, she looks great, and she can go on with her day quietly chic (as you say).

I am more average sized, not tall and slim, and I know what looks good on me. Clothes that accentuate the waist, elongate the legs. These are the things I love. And classic looks suit me, and my personality.

Lovely work! If I have one request it is to please feature more "classic" looks with contemporary flare; also, I agree with all those who have requested more average framed women.

xx

 

Blogger LordGQ said ... (10:07 AM) : 

She looks beautiful!
especialy on picture 2!

Awesome look!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (10:45 AM) : 

Wow, black can be so elegant. That last shot is wonderful. Simple, elegant, feminine. What more do you want?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:20 PM) : 

I love her look. I think these are my favorite of your photos of women. The secret is wearing what looks best on her. This is very instructive and inspirational.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:43 PM) : 

polished, put together, proportion, material, color, and that little detail is the running theme in the pictures.

yes, you could define style as that. walking down the street, you'd see many of these folks and instantly they'd pop out as chic.

that said, what i'm really interested is in the story of person. who are they? where are they from? what do they do? what turns them on/ what turns them off. what have they been through and where do they aspire to go?
it's amazing how much information you can decipher from someone's exterior.

you're most successful when you change up the narrative. keep us guessing, keep us intrigued, and keep the debate of 'style' alive.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:56 PM) : 

These looks allow her confidence to shine.

Can someone please explain "new" and "directional" in the fashion context for me, please? I love learning new terms as they pertain to style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:56 AM) : 

I completely agree. 'Directional' is a word that does not necesarily fits chic. A woman like her is lovable. The chic she lives is something not all can understand, something as delicate and refined as a the sweet scent of flowers or the taste of tea.

Man: I´m your fan # 1 in México!!!

 

Blogger Project Ecoart said ... (11:43 PM) : 

You must be doing something right - 123 comments!!!!

Whatever you say, you are right on :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:47 PM) : 

You know what I'd love to see? Some variation. The clothes are amazing obviously but all of the women look exactly the same. Everyone is tall and skinny. How about some photos of women who are normal and are chic? Or does that not exist? How about some short women with great legs?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:31 PM) : 

note the little girl wearing gladiators haha waaay to cute

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:45 AM) : 

I'm going to bill this lady for the Ray-Ban aviators she made me buy...

 

Blogger divasoul said ... (11:25 AM) : 

Oh this is fantastic. Most of us would see these things in a store and not get them because they didn't make a statement. She exudes "statement". Wow.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:59 PM) : 

Anastasias daughter looks so sweet and will become like her mom a great beauty and very nice person..

she reminds me so much of alli mc graw, lovestory

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:44 AM) : 

She definitely looks like Eva Green. And the second photo looks like a film still - the heroine, distant from the crowd, her mind elsewhere...

I like the sense of worldliness and - again that word - ease in that photo, and just because it does not come from the "it" clothes it is no less real.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:29 AM) : 

Darcy Backlar, she's a stylist from Vogue Hommes International . . .
Always classy and chic.
As I love calling her
Darcy B.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:02 PM) : 

How tall do you think Anastasia is?
Did you notice that she had an editorial in the latest i-D, Ava, her daughter, appeared in one photo too.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting