This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.... Unconstructed Lavender Jacket, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, July 03, 2008

On the Street.... Unconstructed Lavender Jacket, Paris

Comments on "On the Street.... Unconstructed Lavender Jacket, Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:21 AM) : 

podium! love the jacket!

 

Blogger norawoah said ... (10:27 AM) : 

why... isn't that the lovely Hamish Bowles?
What a FANTASTIC tie!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

Hamish!

 

Blogger Gustav said ... (10:39 AM) : 

Neat!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:44 AM) : 

i love lavender. he looks nice wearing it; however, i wonder how many men would feel comfortable to wear a shirt, tie and jacket in lavender...

 

Blogger emily said ... (10:49 AM) : 

omg i LOVELOVELOVELOVE this!

 

Blogger sunny said ... (11:05 AM) : 

it takes a real man to pull of a lavender jacket.

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (11:05 AM) : 

Great jacket, but once again, the fit is very important. I think I have figured out the secret when wearing cotton that is not pressed stiff is to pair it with something that is- his shirt is immaculate, and that balances things out. I doubt I would try a jacket in lavender, but I love the way it is constructed, especially the sleeves. Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (11:12 AM) : 

Love Hamish's lavender safari jacket with that tie!
And Lauren's tie-dyed jeans.

 

Blogger Agost said ... (11:15 AM) : 

Amazing. I especially liked the previuous one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 AM) : 

Where are his glasses from?

 

Blogger Baking With Plath said ... (11:20 AM) : 

I LOVE it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:30 AM) : 

Color is unusual and appropriate for this time of year. Nice.
Style is nice too, with the detail stitching on the body and the sleeves.
Nice hair style, and classic eyeglass frames.
But, I think the snug fit at the waist causes the jacket to flare at the hips. It gives a feminine look. Not my cup of tea.

 

Blogger Diana said ... (11:35 AM) : 

it is a problem at slim guys that this size is perhaps a little too tight at the shoulders, but one size bigger would be too big.
What is the solution?
The shirt and the tie are beautiful.
Mr Bowles has the typical man-illness of stuffing the pants-pocket full :-)

 

Blogger An Aesthete's Lament said ... (11:47 AM) : 

Especially nice is the lavender windowpane-check shirt and floral (?) tie. I would have worn white trousers however. Or at least cream. And what is that rectangular lump in his pocket?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:11 PM) : 

who's the hottie to his right? crazh hot!!!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (12:30 PM) : 

Ah, the man who can carry off a robe! This is a beautiful colour mix. Light and summery.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:31 PM) : 

Oh,Hamish Bowles..
The jacket is fabulous,and the colour..
This guy exudes a joie de vivre that is almost magical...

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (12:44 PM) : 

Hamish!
I love his style!
Very nice jacket!

 

Blogger Anne Watkins said ... (1:03 PM) : 

OK, now can you wrinkle-phobes calm down a little?
Being dressed means you can go outside and live and move, not just pose and be perfectly pressed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:36 PM) : 

Spot on and beautiful. The "it" color. A very sartorial move to wear khaki pant with a great cut, keeps it kind of "Sahara". Yes, white/cream color pant would be the magazine choice, also navy would work, who knew lavender was so versatile. I'm picturing this with a Clark sandy suede chukka (English made) The Girls seem to like it, atta-boy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:41 PM) : 

Now, I love Hamish and I love the color of this jacket...and maybe it's the way he's standing and perhaps he has too much in his trouser pockets...and, really, I love this guy...but, I think the cut of this jacket makes him look a tad pear-shaped. Regardless, I love the idea of the jacket and it's a fantastic color for him.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:00 PM) : 

Fab jacket and I like the color combination with the tie. Too bad he had to ruin the look of the pants with that bulky wallet in the front pocket, but I guess he had to put it somewhere...

 

Blogger Sarah @ Designs Good said ... (2:06 PM) : 

i believe the lady to the right is Lauren Santo Domingo of Vogue.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:15 PM) : 

This photo made my day. Love the lavendar, the check shirt, and tie. Love her jeans. I wanna hang out with them!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:47 PM) : 

My wife's Vogue, which I proudly read more thoroughly than she, tells me that this is Hamish Bowles, whom I respect for taking fashion risks. Most of the time. The pants and the shirt should be lighter to allow the jacket to show its true lavenderosity. I like the fit of the jacket, though. And his hair and glasses are always right. Physically he resembles the brilliant but little known Dutch designer Jules Jonkheer.

 

Blogger Ingvild S L said ... (3:06 PM) : 

Oh honey!

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (3:16 PM) : 

His pant pocket is quite full- I wonder why when he has plenty more available on his jacket!
The lavender is beautiful. Christopher Lloyd (the gardener) said lavender went with everything. Apparently it goes with lavender and more lavender very well. Yes, more men should wear lavender; pink, too (and a polo shirt hardly counts).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:23 PM) : 

His tie is a lovely match with the lady in the veil.

She's gorgeous, isn't she?

-- desertwind

 

Blogger Post-it boy said ... (3:27 PM) : 

HE LOOKS GREAT. NICE TROUSERS TOO

 

Blogger Syed said ... (3:58 PM) : 

Love the colours, that jacket is beautiful!! I'm not entirely sure about the colour of the shirt though, but I love the patterning of it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:05 PM) : 

I ran into him on the street here in NYC a few week ago in Union Square. He was wearing a fabulous navy blue, double-breasted suit w/ a striped yellow and red tie. Amazing! This man just oozes style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:06 PM) : 

Hamish Bowles you sly dog! Looking smashing as ususal! I think the glasses are from Sol Moscot in NYC.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:28 PM) : 

Mr. Bowles always gets in right, don't you Hamish? Alas, my sincere stone-washed denim regrets to the beautiful & tony Ms. Lauren Davis who even she can't pull those jeans off. I won't hold it against you though because your incredible Olivier Theyskens wedding dress more than makes up for a million questionable styling choices.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:41 PM) : 

He looks terrific, but I've got a girl crush on Lauren Davis! Does anyone know where I can get those jeans?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:45 PM) : 

How do you call this jacket style? Safari jacket? Hunter jacket? I want to search it on ebay!

 

Blogger Scot Meacham Wood said ... (4:46 PM) : 

delicious and delightful.

"ROCK ON, your high and most holy Mr. Bowles."


SMW
in SF

 

Blogger Miss Cavendish said ... (4:50 PM) : 

I like the jacket on Hamish, but I'd opt for a white shirt. There's just too much lavender going on up top to balance the khakis.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:52 PM) : 

This is simply gorgeous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:02 PM) : 

The color is nice, but those pockets just remind me of the cargo shorts that every suburban man has been wearing since 1995 or so...yuck.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:07 PM) : 

the colour of his jacket is beautiful.......very summery!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:12 PM) : 

I don't think i've ever seen a picture of Hamish Bowles looking anything less than impeccably stylish and interesting, and this photo is no exception - although can't help wishing his pants were pale yellow or even lavender too..

 

Blogger Topham Beauclerk said ... (5:46 PM) : 

It always looks like he's enjoying life.

 

Blogger Anne Corrons said ... (6:02 PM) : 

I wish I had the same jacket for myself!

 

Blogger deswotans said ... (6:03 PM) : 

Does anyone know who made the jacket for Mr. Bowles? I love it and wnat one for myself!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:18 PM) : 

I wish there were more of Lauren Santo-Domingo, her ensemble looks pretty good...

 

Blogger Dawn said ... (7:36 PM) : 

I really like the jacket, but the shirt is what does it for me. That and the glasses.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:03 PM) : 

I agree with you Suzanne. I think lavender pants will be great. Or keep the khaki pants but change the shirt. There's too much purple going on top. Use a more striking-coloured tie.
Besos!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:05 PM) : 

Oh my God! Is Lauren SD wearing jeans!? ACID WASH jeans??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:44 PM) : 

sure, nice jacket but her jeans caught my eye first; they look great on her.

 

Blogger Seanrwatson2 said ... (9:28 PM) : 

It seems to me that these colors and style are most likely a personality fit. I image he's eccentric and a little edgy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:31 PM) : 

I love Hamish and his style, but I am not feeling the floppiness of the jacket. I love the color and his tie. But a giant ick on the bleachy jeans on the other Voguette! I mean, Seriously?

 

Blogger The Obenson Report said ... (11:58 PM) : 

The first thing that came to me was - Woody Allen's hipper, dapper younger brother :o) Dig the glasses!

 

Blogger Ally said ... (12:15 AM) : 

Oddly enough, my eyes go directly to the blonde woman to his left wearing the wonderful distressed jeans...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:50 AM) : 

Oh my his tie is fabulous!

 

Blogger Dovid said ... (1:39 AM) : 

Great glasses. Truly great!
And I love the tie.
I'm not crazy about the fit of the jacket, however. But I do love lavender...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:31 AM) : 

Nice suit but the woman next to him is stunning - acid wash???!!!

 

Blogger Kanani said ... (2:51 AM) : 

I like he's chosen lavender --it's very unusual for a man, especially in this amount. May I say something about the woman next to him? I love the tank and the jeans. Wonderful!

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (7:08 AM) : 

I love him: I love his work, I love his style. He is great!

 

Blogger queenie said ... (9:12 AM) : 

I wonder what kind of outfit the veiled woman in the backgroung was wearing...

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (9:57 AM) : 

I specially like the glasses and the tie. The jaket is lovely bot I'm not sure about the lavender color... Still it looks great in him! Very Satorlialist...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:29 AM) : 

Is that Lauren Davis wearing a par of Balmain jeans? She's looks fabulous!

 

Blogger Rice and Beans Vintage said ... (12:01 PM) : 

He looks wonderful, but what I'm really interested is the fact that the woman behind him is wearring tie dye denim! Bizarre and fabulous all at once.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 PM) : 

For deswotans: the jacket is from Dries Van Noten, Spring 07.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:39 PM) : 

I like mr Bowles his style but i ADORE the pants of the woman next to him. She looks so great. Not many people can wear a tye die pants without looking cheap, but she can.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 PM) : 

I have almost the same jacket, mine is light blue, by company COLOMBO. Was available at Bergdorf. Years ago Antonio Fusco did this style for men. Lastly, Alessandro Dell'Acqua does something like this I believe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:19 PM) : 

oh la la! what impeccable taste

 

Blogger John Danner said ... (2:56 PM) : 

He pulls that color off well. I'd like to have a jacket like that in a few different colors.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:28 PM) : 

I wore a pair of glasses like his for years and years. Nice kind of safari jacket but don´t use it when hunting lions!-)

 

Blogger hassan1 said ... (4:41 PM) : 

I love his tie!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:03 PM) : 

I've no idea who he is, but I bet he stops traffic. I adore pockets always and sometimes it's even necessary to use them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:16 PM) : 

Lovely in lavender, indeed, but let's not fail to recognize Lauren Santo Domingo's daring denim!

 

Blogger Jess said ... (9:53 PM) : 

The jeans are Karen Walker...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:26 PM) : 

Hamish!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:27 PM) : 

Anyone else think Hamish and Sean Penn look alike ?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:03 AM) : 

anyone to wear a tie in the paris heat is brave in my eyes! i'm not sure if lavender suits him.

 

Blogger Gisele said ... (10:05 PM) : 

Did not expect these jeans from Mrs Santo Domingo! :) looks fresh though

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:20 PM) : 

It takes TRUE STYLE to pull out an outfit like this! Bravo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:19 AM) : 

DRIES VAN NOTEN jacket. Just perfect for an informal outfit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 AM) : 

lovely! i love the jack!!!
is it from Dries Van Noten????

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:57 AM) : 

Hamish is the best! His jacket is better...beautiful lavender.
And about the checked shirt?!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:58 PM) : 

Lauren looks oh so hip in the tie-dyed hipster denim! I love the contrast of the airy chiffon top.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:58 AM) : 

HMMMM Lavender, can't say I like the color, but the concept is dope! www.yumebkny.blogspot.com

 

Blogger winter's mama said ... (7:22 PM) : 

So Hamish, is this something you would wear in the arid wilderness of Utah? I want to drink coffee with you and borrow your jacket. I'd wear it open over a teeny black dress and some nude platforms...

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting