This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.... Shorts Suits, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, July 03, 2008

On the Street.... Shorts Suits, Paris

Comments on "On the Street.... Shorts Suits, Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:42 AM) : 

this is put together very well, and gorgeous

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:47 AM) : 

i should love this look as the suit looks incredibly comfortable, but the see through blouse just ruins it for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 AM) : 

carrie´s dior shoes!

 

Blogger Diana said ... (11:27 AM) : 

No Bra????? No way!
Perhaps the shorts are a little to big to her, if it was tighter the suit itself would be much better

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:46 AM) : 

Cute concept, but somehow it doesn't work. I think the jacket is too long for the pleated shorts. It looks a little dumpy. Either flat front shorts with the longer jacket, or pleated shorts with a shorter jacket I think would look nicer. I like the shoes, though. I guess I'll be getting gladiator sandals this summer.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 AM) : 

I have those shoes in brown. A great find (made by Nine West. shhh)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 PM) : 

I admire this woman for wearing (lovely) menswear and keeping her femininity, e.g. the clutch, heels.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 PM) : 

I admire this woman for wearing (lovely) menswear and keeping her femininity, e.g. the clutch, heels.

 

Blogger deborah said ... (12:15 PM) : 

the shoes have an important role in the magic look

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:16 PM) : 

She reminds me of Sigourney Weaver....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:18 PM) : 

Love that shirt, so masculine in a undeniably feminine way. The beltless shorts adds to that feel.

 

Blogger jessica said ... (12:26 PM) : 

ah! i used to work for her!
i won't say who she is, in case she wants the anonymity....
she looks great though!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (12:29 PM) : 

LOVE this! Doesn't get much better. A beautiful light fabric and I love the loose tailoring. Shorts look wonderful with a heel. Fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 PM) : 

This outfit is ...boring... Not a sign of imaginative flair... and the see through blouse...

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (12:45 PM) : 

I love her shoes!!!!

 

Blogger A La Femme said ... (12:55 PM) : 

I actually quite like this outfit. She looks well put together and comfortable.

 

Blogger Karen said ... (1:06 PM) : 

The linen is lovely, but this would look ever so much better with a well-cut straight skirt and good undergarments. As it is, it looks frumpy, especially worn without a bra. Makes me think of a little girl dressing up in daddy's clothes.

 

Blogger alex said ... (1:07 PM) : 

OMG i love the shoes! but i think that i would changed the shirt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 PM) : 

love the shoes!! i know, not the newest hottest thing this summer, but still just great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:16 PM) : 

wow, that's boring. the shorts don't fit her, the purse - while cute - are the antithesis of the shoes (also cute). personally i like the woman behind her on the left of the photo - in black with gold accents and a really cool yellow bag. i like the deep hue of that yellow.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:32 PM) : 

This one doesn't work for me at all. The shoes seem to detailed against the rest of the outfit and her frumpy shirt really cheapens the whole look.

What's wrong with a skirt?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:53 PM) : 

I must say, Sart, you have a great eye for the unusually sexy woman. This gal, like the zaftig Italian woman in the giant orange shirt-dress, has a surprising sexiness. She looks like a tomboy version of James Cagney, full of muscley verve and the fresh promise of rollicking fun. And the outfit's cute, to boot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:13 PM) : 

I love the casual white undershirt with this.

Anything else would be too precious.

Did the trousers come that way or did she have them shortened into shorts? I think I'm going to look for a vintage suit and try this.

It's a very cute suit.

-- desertwind

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:17 PM) : 

PS - Re no bra.

A young woman with perky breasts absolutely doesn't need one.

Do it while you can!

-- desertwind

PPS - for the record: I'm of the age (and modest endowment) that went straight from trainer to braless... Liberation!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:40 PM) : 

Too frumpy for such a young person! I think perhaps a more fitted, contrasting colored shirt (and a bra!) would help out the outfit. The two ladies in the dresses in the background look more stylish and pulled-together to me.

 

Blogger Susan B said ... (3:41 PM) : 

The whole "suit shorts" concept is too much of a disconnect for me. Regardless of how well it might be executed, just can't applaud it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:45 PM) : 

She makes it look comfortable and chic. The clutch adds great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:46 PM) : 

hot hot hot! but those shoes makes her legs shorter...

 

Blogger Miss Cavendish said ... (4:51 PM) : 

Am not loving the pleated shorts. They look too baggy/schloppy, as does the jacket.

 

Blogger Ammie said ... (4:59 PM) : 

I would never personally choose pleated shorts and such a sheer top (and as part of a shorts suit for that matter!) but she pulls off a concept that I would think of initially as terrible quite beautifully.

Always an inspiration here! Cheers.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:02 PM) : 

love the suit, although it could use a belt or altering the waist so the shorts sit properly. top doesn't work for me, it's just too flimsy.

 

Blogger Candace said ... (7:34 PM) : 

Those shoes are fierce!!! I have a similar pair but they are flats.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:20 PM) : 

I don't really like the outfit but I love her attitude. She looks so confident and comfortable that the look works on her

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:35 PM) : 

I am not convinced she's braless, but more power to her if she is. I like this, it's so clean and scrubbed and textury. I can smell lavender and soap just looking at it. The shoes and sheer top and her lovely face make it sexy too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:51 PM) : 

One thing you can always count on in the comments for a photo like this: old women whose own breasts are sagging, hating on a young woman with healthy breasts wearing something sheer and braless. Jealousy is ugly.

 

Blogger anna said ... (9:57 PM) : 

Relax everyone, the bra-less ease of this outfit is what makes it so dynamic. From the sandals to the sheer shirt, the ensemble is a study of texture. It's perfect and something to aspire to in my opinion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:49 PM) : 

Very nice outfit. It not so polished that it looks stiff. I really quite chic. Love the shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:41 AM) : 

I love the idea of shorts suits--especially in this light color. I also love the sheer top paired with her hair pulled back. Overall, however, she looks frumpy. The shorts need to be pulled up around the waist--with a belt perhaps. Kill the gladiator shoes, please.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:45 AM) : 

She looks androgynous and sexy. I love it. I would just change the shoes because they look too black with the light coloured suit. I think she was right not to wear a bra, it would be visible under the sheer top. It's better this way and besides, the jacket covers up her breasts.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:19 AM) : 

i like everything but the shoes. i simply cannot stand these gladiators anymore -- you can't just wear them with everything. just not right... :) everything else (her smile included) is quite gorgeous. good for her, she has the nerve to not wear a bra

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:28 AM) : 

The sleeves are too long. The fit overall does not work.

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (7:16 AM) : 

That is a beautiful outfit, I love the mix of formal and casual, dressed up but summery... The colour, the texture, fresh!!! I also love the bag, very pretty.

I must only say two things: if she fastened the button of her jacket, it could look slimmer and therefore, more becoming. I'm not sure about the shoes either, I guess that that black toughness was meant to break the suit's softness, but I wouldn't go that way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:13 AM) : 

I like the jacket, the long clean lines of the sleeve and the angle at the wrist, and the way the long lapel and cut-away front (like a morning coat? hard to tell) echo the line, and the drape of the fabric enhances it.

But if I were designing this suit, I think I would try a different kind of waistband on the shorts; a high waist, maybe a wide waist with horizontal pleats suggesting a cummerbund? Or, I would hang the shorts from the hip, i.e. lower than in the picture. And shorten them. Or, I would wear the jacket with shorts in a different fabric, like a luxurious khaki colored sateen or silk taffeta.

Then the ensemble would be as good as the attitude!

 

Blogger secondvurss said ... (9:03 AM) : 

really like this suit-it's a great summer outfit and still professional-looking.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:02 PM) : 

Wish the blouse were more fitted, maybe with some lace details... but it's a smart and good-looking outfit in every other way. ^^

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:41 PM) : 

i feel like a plain shirt like that without a bra can only be done at a fashion event, especially in paris. photos like this give the impression that parisians normally dress so provocatively (though the other ensemble choices downplay that). if any woman wore that in the streets of paris, she would be hounded.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:48 PM) : 

I'm quoting from an anonynmous comment above.

"One thing you can always count on in the comments for a photo like this: old women whose own breasts are sagging, hating on a young woman with healthy breasts wearing something sheer and braless. Jealousy is ugly."

What?! Who said anybody was jealous? Anonymous's comment is nasty and far uglier than any dissenting comment I've read today.The comment is misguided and may I say "agist".

Braless is not for everyone, young or old.

I don't care for the rest of the outfit. I find it a little baggy and believe it or not, a little "aging"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 PM) : 

I can see that the undone-ness of this, and the graphic pop of the gladiator shoes, adds up to sexiness. But for me, either of the women in the background could have been the subject.

-Sarita

 

Blogger Susie said ... (6:16 AM) : 

i'm one of those older women... I have no problem with the braless thing, she's young why not.

But the matchy matchy suit thing - not working for me. I would never be caught in shorts (other then when gardening) so its hard for me to wrap my brain around the with a jacket that is too long and as much as I like the shoes, not with that outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:49 PM) : 

The shoes are lovely - but not with this outfit. Maybe if they were some lighter colour than black?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:19 AM) : 

i really love the shoes, great pick

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (12:02 PM) : 

Nothing wrong with her not wearing a bra IMO. I hate them and only wear them when necessary. I guess if she were a sagger or had big boobs a bra would be a requirement, but she is neither big nor saggy.

That said....the suit hurts. She's absolutely fine (i.e. - hot, i.e. beautiful) and I love that she's not wearing make-up. I even love that she had the nerve to rock the suit I just don't like the suit. Too big and frumpy.

I love her smirk too.

 

Blogger Austin said ... (2:25 PM) : 

10!!!!

i don't think her sleeves are too long. i think with the shorts they work. theyve definitely been tailored, and i think the buttons (you can barely see on her left hand) look really nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 PM) : 

Hello, Shirley. You look great!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:08 AM) : 

I like this outfit - both the concept and the execution. I think the waistband is a little saggy - but it's not a deal breaker.

I can't believe so many people are working themselves up into a frenzy about no bra - it's very subtle in this outfit and to be honest can't believe people actually noticed it. Are we readers a bunch of perverts for checking this out???

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:52 PM) : 

I love how the simplicity of the suit and her hair makes her face really stand out. An excellent example of a woman who is wearing their clothes rather than the other way around.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:39 AM) : 

The no bra thing is ok. But if you tip your screen back a little you can see that her T is quite sheer.

I agree with a commenter above that said this is probably just for show at a fashion event. Even in Paris I believe men would be distractedly driving up on the sidewalks if this was an everyday occurence.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:32 AM) : 

Everyone is saying how much they love her shoes! They are fabulous and they are Nine West. I have them. They are 100% NINE WEST! They are like 70 dollars..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:21 AM) : 

Actually, I don't think her shoes are Nine West. They are gladiators from Gwen Stefani's L.A.M.B. line. I have them, and they look exactly like that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:05 PM) : 

I think this is perfection.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting