This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street..... Dramatic Skirt, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, July 21, 2008

On the Street..... Dramatic Skirt, Paris

Comments on "On the Street..... Dramatic Skirt, Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:11 AM) : 

Her outfit is bold and makes a statement. But to be honest, I could take it or leave it. It's her gorgeous face that steals the show!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:17 AM) : 

The tulip-like waist is a lovely focal point. The smokey sunnies suggest intrigue. Love the accent of the fan, a practical element, too.

I am just being picky on one point, the brown bangle. Maybe it is too much.

But when you have such perfection in the stacked open-toe sandals and envelope bag, plus the art-deco design of the bell of the dress. who am I to say two bangles are too much!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:20 AM) : 

Great dress. Loooooove the fan. The bangles should be smaller.

 

Blogger Madonna said ... (9:21 AM) : 

Terrific!
A spin on Audrey Hepburn - love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:27 AM) : 

I love it, except for that fan! It takes it from a look that's simple, almost effortless (sorry i know you don't like that word) to something silly and forced. A feather boa would have a similar effect.
otherwise, I really do love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:30 AM) : 

She is adorable. But like Chanel, she should look in the mirror and take one thing off. I would remove the heavy bracelets and I don't really like the shoes. Her figure is great with that tiny waist but the chunky accessories distract. Still, she has individual style. I really like the fan.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:37 AM) : 

Now that is gorgeous. The high waist, the geometric knit corresponding to the bracelets, the bright white top on a sunny day, the fabulous sandals... sleek and chic and fabulously elegant.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:45 AM) : 

I agree the fan is a bit contrived in the pose, though not in its practical application, and the bangles really are too big. I have a couple that big and I just can't wear them, they wear me. But what a beautiful outfit for a beautiful tiny-waisted woman.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:45 AM) : 

My GOD can she be any more beautiful, why is it that I never bump into women this attractive, and she is dressed so wonderfully, You've done it again!
www.yumebkny.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Karen said ... (9:49 AM) : 

I have a knitting book that talks about the "exciting new built-up waist" -- dated around 1950. It was interesting and new then, and given that we've seen waistlines drop to the point of revealing far more than they should, it's interesting and new again.

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (9:56 AM) : 

Vogue this month has an great article on Norma Kamali and how she is still designing dresses out of sweat fabric and jersey from Japan- the fabric of her dress reminds me of that. I absolutely adore how it wraps around her waist and hips, very 50's swimsuit! That looks like an Hermes clutch bag- I have to start saving for my briefcase from them! I know gladiator sandals are contentious in this blog, but I like them in this instance. The shades... I see cool kids snapping up vintage sunglasses just like these from thrift stores, and I scored a pair of Oakleys myself, which I rock from time to time- hers are cool on her face. Loathe the fan, though. Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:07 AM) : 

if her skirt isnt by christopher kane then it looks like a VERY good copy. i love it!

 

Blogger norawoah said ... (10:12 AM) : 

This is wonderful. Completely unique skirt with a great shape. AMAZING proportions, and fun "nerd" glasses to juxtapose to serious-ness of the outfit. She's having a great time!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:20 AM) : 

Lovely!

 

Blogger makenew said ... (10:20 AM) : 

original sin. Is the fan a workable accessory? YES!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:27 AM) : 

I'm quite certain that her shoes are from Nine West, but they don't come in that aquamarine color. I think what she has done with them is so cool. Does anyone have tips on coloring leather shoes?

 

Blogger Calli said ... (10:30 AM) : 

The silhouette is just amazing... the pinched high waisted skirt is perfect. I would lose the bangles as well... at least the grey one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

I absolutely adore christopher kane's skirt. But the way she put it is tacky. The white tank and sandals just mute it. disappointed.

 

Blogger Style Noir said ... (10:55 AM) : 

I just wish she would have let what is probably a crazy gorgeous mane of curly locks down...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:06 AM) : 

she has the perfect figure for this skirt, and it looks awesome on her.

too much accessorizing for me tho - shades are great, but then the clutch AND the bangles AND the fan....
and the color of the shoes doesn't work with this outfit, i think...

 

Blogger Clarence Lexington said ... (11:07 AM) : 

Forget everything you know or think you know about female beauty and style! She is the definition of it! I would marry her on the spot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:37 AM) : 

I love the silhouette it gives her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:37 AM) : 

Am I the only one who thinks, yes, she's physically lovely, but the entire outfit is really ugly?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:40 AM) : 

Someone has to say it: fantastic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:13 PM) : 

I love this! I just wish the skirt was about an inch shorter so it cut at her knees.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:30 PM) : 

This is definitely an inspiration piece for me. I've always been a big fan of fans. She has me convinced on the shoes (something I keep going back and forth on). She's a fabulous beauty and I love the look.

 

Blogger I AM GVG® said ... (12:35 PM) : 

That's Nadia Chin a stylist for a music artist that is very well known for his fashion. She's even more stunning in person.

 

Blogger Suzette said ... (12:55 PM) : 

Beautiful girl in a flattering dress. That said... she's over-accessorized. Big glasses, bangles, fan, clutch, yellow (!) nails, and wide gladiator straps... would have been so much better without most of all that.

And her hem is uneven.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 PM) : 

she is perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:46 PM) : 

This beautiful woman knows how to show off her figure and face, and look perfectly ladylike at the same time. To me that is an extraordinary kind of sexy.

 

Blogger Ryan said ... (1:51 PM) : 

The shoes look like Balenciaga.. No? She's beautiful. I love everything about this outfit even it is a bit over styled. Shades are killer

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (2:03 PM) : 

This is beautiful. She has drawn attention to her tiny waist, so feminine. I love the longer length of the skirt, which balances out the short-waisted top. Absolutely lovely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:44 PM) : 

she's so gorgeous!!! I love her outfit.

 

Blogger Lenoxave said ... (3:14 PM) : 

The only things I don't care for are the bangles and the fan. I think the skirt makes a wonderful graphic and architectural stmt. Nothing "extra" needed. She's wonderful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:02 PM) : 

She is gorgeous...I can't agree so much with the outfit though. The skirt is an awkward length with a mediocre pattern, but it does wonders at accentuating her most sought after hourglass figure. Love the yellow nailpolish, but hate the two huge bangles worn together on her left wrist along with the fan...I can say that I absolutely love the color and style of the shoes and the sunglasses!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:19 PM) : 

Cette fille is amazing!! Love her look and attitude.

 

Blogger LuLu124 said ... (5:33 PM) : 

very lovely skirt!! the shoes give the outfit an added oomph too :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:33 PM) : 

Actually the Shoes Are By Balenciaga and not Nine west, the Clutch is By Goyard,the Shades are Christian Dior, Skirt is Definitely Christopher Kane Fan is by Lavin, Bangles are From Maria Luisa Paris

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:38 PM) : 

The shoes really ruin it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:15 PM) : 

I'm generally not a fan of these trendy sandals, but the colour of these is lovely. And I think the sandals also look good to me here because the rest of her outfit is not trendy and is simply fabulous. Maybe a little over-accesorized, but that's a small quibble in my books.

The originality here and her confident demeanor make this one truly inspiring.

 

Blogger Candace said ... (6:48 PM) : 

How wonderful is the lighting (as usual)....and a skirt with such great colors and shapes as well.

Ya know, I almost didn't notice this small detail but, she has yellow nail polish....LOVE IT!

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (7:12 PM) : 

The second "on tip-toes" pose in gladiator sandals in two weeks- apparently that's what you have to do to make them look flattering, but not very practical to walk around like that all day. Imagining this in profile with her feet flat on the ground I don't see it working. I think what her pose and the photo itself illustrate is the need for a bit of a heel with this outfit. I think the bangles are too much, but I'd try keeping the white one as a nice compliment to the top (although maybe too symmetrical with the white bag- I think one or the other). I agree with others that the fan should go, practical as it may be. The skirt is flattering to her waistline, not that her waistline neeeds flattering. Oddly enough, I think the glasses add the sexiest touch.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:02 PM) : 

I love this look, especially the fact that it flatters her figure perfectly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:03 PM) : 

Tout ensemble can be altogether too "tout" but here the zest that has gone into the combinations is quite winning and while a number of commentatots have quibbled with details of the outfit, nobody could deny that the end result is perfectly fetching.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:06 PM) : 

She gets away with this ensemble because she's beautiful with a great body. The average person would look pathetic! She is much more attractive than her clothes and accessories.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:18 PM) : 

It suits her figure so well. Move over skinny heroin addict!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:23 PM) : 

Beautiful picture!!! That dress flatters her figure perfectly and she looks stunning!!!!

 

Blogger Charlé said ... (9:31 PM) : 

Brilliant! She makes the Summer Favorites List, for real.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:16 PM) : 

HEDY and LORA, your are being way too harsh, the look is certainly not ugly, neither Tacky, how can you say the Balenciaga's are Tacky or the overall look is tacky, she just over did the Bangles remove those it would be just perfect!!!! She has gone for more of a clean line using the Tank top, if she wore anything else it, it would have been a Major disaster I like the fact she went for the Tank top to keep it more simple because she has the crystal Print, the bag, the bangles and the fan no doubt because it looks very hot in the picture!!!

There is nothing ugly or Tacky about this look what so ever I would love to see how you both dress, in fact post some pictures of yourselves on this blog or even your own!!! She Looks FLY FLY FLY WORK IT MISS LADY!!!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 PM) : 

Are you kidding me? This outfit is soo spot on! Include the bangles, the clutch, the sunnies! Hell, bring out the kitchen sink, put it on her head and she's still look insanely beautiful. She looks so clean. Brilliant!

Energie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 PM) : 

She is an absolute beauty!

 

Blogger Shrink Boutique said ... (11:09 PM) : 

Loving the bold skirt but yes she is making the look too busy with the bangles and fan.

 

Blogger Sean Santiago said ... (11:39 PM) : 

OH MY GOD I love this outfit. I just jumped up in my seat because of this. Seriously, this is from outfit heaven. My favorite ever. The bracelets, the fan, the sunglasses, the shoes...thanks so much for this picture! I wish she were famous so I could google her.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:50 PM) : 

It seems that someone has found Karl's fan!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 AM) : 

what a cutie pie
yeah buddy

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 AM) : 

Oh man, I LOVE her. That face, that skirt, the silhouette, her perfect shape, the shoes, the hair...ll the accessories ESPECIALLY the fan. It is absolute perfection. J'adore!

 

Blogger Stephanie said ... (2:12 AM) : 

I love this! Though I think the bangles should be smaller or gone altogether...

And I wonder, are those shoes actually heels, or is she just standing on her tip-toes?

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (2:16 AM) : 

She's beautiful and gives good "vogue".

I love the tank and the waste line.

That said, I find the skirt too long for her petite frame and I agree, she's over accessorized and the accessories are too big. I don't think the glasses do her pretty face (if this is indeed Nadia Chin, I can't tell) any favors.

I'm not a fan of the gladiator sandals, they're a little too au courant for my taste (they're even wearing them out in Orange County and you know that's the sarcophagus of fashion) and at this unfortunate-for-her length of skirt I'd have to go for a boot even if this is July. I will say that if the shoes are indeed Nine West, at least she has the good sense to realize that they'll be a trivia question next year and not a wardrobe staple.

Her skin, her hair, her collar and cheek bones and tiny waste are wonderful - she's a doll but she'd look more perfect in the right proportions.

 

Blogger ALISON said ... (5:01 AM) : 

WOW. i have never that length of skirt look so smashing. major kudos for the purse, she looks respectable and fashionable. nothing trashy about this. www.thedailyalygator.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:05 AM) : 

beautiful sillhouette and she has a great figure!
I actually REALLY like the fan and yellow nail polish!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:58 AM) : 

do not like the skirt at all, sorry no shape.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:15 AM) : 

A very beautiful skirt with a matching oriental fan which gives this dramatic look. Love it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:35 AM) : 

HOW MANY TIMES THE SHOES ARE BALENCIAGA, NOT NINE WEST....... NINE WEST NEVER DID THAT GREEN COLOUR AT ALL THEY WOULDN'T BE ALLOWED AS IT'S COPYING THE DESIGN TO THE EXACT SHOE!!!!

NINE west only did, black, brown, and Tan, they didn't do green I know for sure because I have the Balenciaga's too.... She Looks Amazing loving the Waistline!!!!

 

Blogger nyc/caribbean ragazza said ... (9:42 AM) : 

I really like the waistline on her skirt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:10 AM) : 

She looks like a very very beautiful version of Bai Ling. With much much grace that's for sure.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:50 AM) : 

To Anon @ 10:16 pm-

First, just because something is a Balenciaga, or any other designer, doesn't mean it can't be ugly or tacky. A little perspective please.

Beauty is in details, yes, but also the total picture. To me this look fails on both counts.

My picture is on Facebook.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:31 AM) : 

And no she is not on her tip toes...those particular Ballenciagas are wedge heels. Stunning look and feel to this ensemble. The small details are what add depth to this shot. Both bangles may be a bit too much, but the fan, and the Dior glasses definitely add an extra air of sexy mystery along with the glasses. Its a nice juxtapose to the cute-effect her cinched waist and long dress give off. Loves its.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:10 PM) : 

The skirt IS Christopher Kane, and the interesting thing is that though it looks quite tailored here, it is actually grey jersey, like a like sweatshirt material. and that pattern on it is actually thousands of tiny swarovski crystals laid out in that particular pattern. she's wearing it in a very formal way compared to what the actual fabric is, it's absolutely stunning on her.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:25 PM) : 

completely in love with all of it, the skirt the shoes , the bag. I cant stop looking at the shoes. and the plain tucked in top works perfectly, i totally need to steal her outfit

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:45 PM) : 

Looks like something M.I.A. would wear...I like this very, very much

 

Blogger The Marvelous Miss Malkavich said ... (10:48 PM) : 

I'm not crazy about this ensemble however the shape of the skirt is lovely. There is something about the way everything is put together or maybe it's just the bangles that rub me the wrong way.

 

Blogger MELI. said ... (1:26 AM) : 

what good posture. love the way she shows off her nice shoulders and ‹long›neck area. lovely. makes the great look more so enjoyable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:29 AM) : 

The fan is necessary becuz it was hot azz hell that day. She just happen to be photographed with it. It;s the pristine white "wife beater" top, the cinched waist, the sandals and the sexy sunglasses that makes the photo.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:59 AM) : 

she's very beautiful and lucky to have such a fabulous figure. the waistline flatters her beautifully but i don't like the outfit. she obviously feels great about it and herself in it so that's probably of far more importance than my opinion of it.

 

Blogger del Carmen said ... (12:33 AM) : 

r
e
t
r
o

f
u
n
k
y

frrressshh

perfecto!

 

Blogger Allison said ... (6:48 AM) : 

i love her shoes. i've been looking for a pair that are a dark shade of brown.
anyone know where i could find some?

 

Blogger divasoul said ... (11:35 AM) : 

Forget the skirt (which I love and could never wear) - I want the SHOES!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:16 PM) : 

absolutely amazing. WOW!!!!

 

Blogger B said ... (3:24 PM) : 

Head to toe gorgeous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:14 PM) : 

This one is totally lost on me. She is indeed very pretty, but I just don't get it. Reading all the raves posted here, I think I might actually be too old to appreciate this look. It just looks cheap to me...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 AM) : 

That's a matter of opinion I guess Anonymous Fashion is always based on an opinion doesn't mean what you, I or the next person opinion is Valid does it?

I think she is also Very beautiful and her outfit just needs to loose the Cuffs it's far from looking cheap, her tiny waist in that skirt looks great and believe me her outfit doesn't come across cheap at all I have seen people in the industry were some serious Bad situations and again thoughts of these people's attire are based on their opinions... The girl is young and experimenting with her clothes that's what Fashion is about expressing individuality and playing around with pieces just having fun with it!!!!

But again that's my opinion and how the looks makes me feel!!!!!

The look works for me, maybe you are getting old, because this lady has along way to go just because she is young, and I'm sure we will be seeing her again from Fashion Week NY or London!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:44 PM) : 

I absolutely love the entire ensemble. I think it's perfect, accessories and all!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:48 PM) : 

Amazing....!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:17 AM) : 

Now I'm even more motivated to dress even better now.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:22 AM) : 

Loving the African style crystal print on the skirt, the lady has a Fabulous waistline to carry it off, I was told that many women who tried this Chirsitopher Kane skirt on couldn't fit into it, due to the waist band being so small even though it has a slight stretch in it! I love her style she has a lovely face to match also and I like the fact that she looks like she is having fun with her clothing She is amazing....!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:36 PM) : 

Major, Major, Major.... Did I say Major? YES SHE IS MAJOR

 

Blogger Gen. Spoc the Elder said ... (4:54 AM) : 

Not only is the skirt stuning, she is quite possibly one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. Also unlike most I am a big fan of her accessories. Without them the look would be great as well, but I feel the bracelets, the fan, the purse, all add something wonderful to the outfit and look as a whole. The print also reminded me of a Navajo/Southwestern carpet/blanket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:12 PM) : 

Amazing grace

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:36 PM) : 

THAT'S NADIA CHIN STYLIST TO THE STARS, NOT ONLY DOES SHE DRESS WELL BUT HAS A GREAT SPIRIT ABOUT HER TOO I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I HAVE MET HER A FEW TIMES. LOVE HOW GRACEFUL SHE LOOKS IN THIS PIC, SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE IS JUST DAY DREAMING CASUALLY ABOUT FASHION...

 

Blogger Cupcakes & Champagne Dessert Bar and Lounge said ... (3:38 AM) : 

That is Nadia Chin Stylist to the stars also happens to be related to me!!!! Oh without being Bias she is Super Dope!!!

 

Blogger Styliiista said ... (8:21 PM) : 

she is *perfect* as she is. And that is my girl Nadia. She forever stays ahead of the fashion game & does things 'her' unique way. Always looks amazing! She does her thing, period. I like the bracelets, I think it adds a tribal touch to go with the skirt. And last summers trend report forecasted stacked bangles in wood and plastic. Nadia is fly regardless!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:32 AM) : 

Man I need this skirt in my life, i have been trying to search for it in every archive, can somebody help me pleeeeeeeeeeeease!!! She looks so amazing in the skirt Love the shoes, she looks very pretty too and looks super young I wonder how old she is hmmmm, either way she looks FANTABULOUS like a little China doll!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:43 PM) : 

most important: gorgeous shoes

 

Blogger Thando27 said ... (10:48 AM) : 

Beautiful, love the combination.Not a lot of people can pull this off. I LOVE THOSE SHOES!!! AND THE SKIRT....She took my reath away!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:08 AM) : 

Was wondering why this never made your book?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:08 AM) : 

Love this Skirt, OOOOOOOOOOH Adore her too

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:32 AM) : 

She looks like Jada Pinkett! I really love the high waist skirt and the simple tank.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:03 PM) : 

Dear Statorialist can you please find out where this skirt is from, and why she didn't make your book? And the other girl with the red dress on is that the same girl?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:56 AM) : 

Is that Skirt Christopher Cane? She is a doll I adore her!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 PM) : 

She does not look like Jada Pinkett silly! Anyway Love the skirt tried to allocate the Chris Cane skirt one couldn't find it anywhere huff!!... Nonetheless she works it well and loving the whole deal with the outfit

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting