This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Via Venezia, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, June 26, 2008

On the Street....Via Venezia, Milano

Comments on "On the Street....Via Venezia, Milano"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:03 AM) : 

hottie for a nottie

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (5:17 AM) : 

He's handsome, perfect like a roman statue, is he a model? I love those blue pants and that hair cut.

But I feel that for the summer and for the casual style he is wearing, less would be more. Ring, necklace, scarff, brown belt, sunglasses, black bag... I don't see why would he need to go so busy.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (5:19 AM) : 

he is not a model but he is a model agent

 

Blogger An Upstart said ... (5:33 AM) : 

wow he's very debonair

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:15 AM) : 

I don't see the place for the scarf. the rest works for me :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:24 AM) : 

overdressed or not, i still want to marry him,

but of course, i would prefer him undone...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:35 AM) : 

i agree with gabriela, when you do a close up of the outfit, the scarf just seems as if it's one layer too many. perhaps, if the shorts were long pants instead, the scarf would've been a great addition.

 

Blogger Reix said ... (6:36 AM) : 

perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:00 AM) : 

Love the pendant, it is very simple chic in my opinion.
I also like how his sleeves are rolled up, it gives him a relaxed feeling.
I believe he could lose the belt though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:41 AM) : 

crisp. i love the proportions. not sure about the height the sleeves are rolled to tho...
i agree with the 'he could lose the belt' but it still works with it.
he looks like a model.... mmmm :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:41 AM) : 

I like this look but men who wear pendants ... ew! Maybe if we airbrushed that out, it would be perfection. Angela from Hong Kong.

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (7:44 AM) : 

I shouldn't like this look, but I do... the shorts are a great fit; from the fit of the shoulders, I wonder what the shirt looks like when the sleeves are unrolled. Always liked those Ray-Bans, but I will stick with the Wayfarers, which I already have! Hate the braided belt, even if houses as prestiged as Ermenegildo Zegna and John Varvatos are coming up with their versions. Great look, works on a slender guy. Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:46 AM) : 

love the whole feel of the ensemble.
very Jude Law in "The talanted mr. ripley".
Although i do think that he over-does it with the scarf, it dosn't seem necessary.

 

Blogger Brita Frost said ... (7:54 AM) : 

He looks like he belongs in a Patricia Highsmith novel. I think we should all aspire to looking like we belong in a Patricia Highsmith novel.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:59 AM) : 

ahhhh i love guys in shorts, not too keen on this shoulders...

 

Blogger Jessica said ... (8:06 AM) : 

well, hot damn! he's a little overdone i think, but with genes that fabulous i'm willing to let him slide. he looks like he walked out of a magazine!

 

Blogger Celia said ... (8:25 AM) : 

What a beautiful man.

 

Blogger InStudio Blog said ... (8:33 AM) : 

Mama Mia!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:57 AM) : 

how can i contact the sartorialist? any e-mail adress? thank you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:03 AM) : 

Dude looks weird. He has a skinny face, and huuuuge legs. His clothes look 5 sizes too small. Tailored is good, but the look he's rocking is not tailored. And who wears a scarf in the summer?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:07 AM) : 

I like his head and the way he's posing .. but don't like the short, the skirt.

He reminds me a french actor : Benoit Magimel..

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (9:16 AM) : 

I'm with Angela from Hong Kong (anon 7:41) on the man-pendant. Unless it's a little necktie, which it looks like it may be, and is being worn ironically, in which case: hooray for ironic necktie pendant.

 

Blogger Forsyth said ... (9:24 AM) : 

Okay. Tell me there's not a resemblance :)

http://www.artchive.com/artchive/M/michelangelo/david.jpg.html

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:28 AM) : 

GQ recently told us that the braided belt (as worn by this gentleman) is back in style. Hmm. I still have mine from the early 90s...proof that if you wait long enough, most things will come back into style.

 

Blogger Martini said ... (9:31 AM) : 

I'm loving this picture.on the street? seriously? it looks like it was taken in a studio. great framing.

 

Blogger Closet Case said ... (9:44 AM) : 

The proportion and fit on the shorts is amazing, it's difficult to find shorts that are this fitted. @741, I totally agree...lets just ignore the choker pendant

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:48 AM) : 

Very beautiful man. The clothes really serve to accent his body.
Normally not a fan of shaved bodies on men, but when it works, it works. He has the muscle and the tan to do it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:50 AM) : 

but it almost looks as though the pendant is a tie! is it?? because then it would all be ok with cleverness like that.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:56 AM) : 

clothes . . what clothes?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:00 AM) : 

I love it, except the scarf. Take away the scarf and he's perfect! Reminds me of pictures of my uncles in prep school in the 50s. I wish I could see his shoes.

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (10:02 AM) : 

great look! Gives me that "old time" feel.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:05 AM) : 

he looks like he's on the runway
very well put together
...and very good looking indeed

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 AM) : 

On the street. I don't know... Looks like he's on the catwalk to me. The stap across his chest is bothering me. Maybe it's because it's black and his belt is brown. Other than that, I love (minus the distracting necklace, of course).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:22 AM) : 

lose the scarf

 

Blogger RetroVintageModStyle said ... (10:32 AM) : 

Great outfit! Very 50s/60s. Great blog, perhaps my favorite.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

This look is so unapologetically sexy. And I don't mind the scarf, to be honest.

 

Blogger Amanda Conley said ... (10:38 AM) : 

Cute. Love the shorts, but the rolled up sleeves give the impression of a puffed sleeve! Roll it down a notch!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:39 AM) : 

what is he wearing on his feet?

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (10:40 AM) : 

this is going to be my summer-outfit!

 

Blogger irma la dulce said ... (10:44 AM) : 

Not for me. He looks as if he was made of plastic. Not natural. Beautiful picture,though.

 

Blogger gloriousday said ... (10:46 AM) : 

the hair, the color combination and the way he's rolled the sleeves is so errant blueblood 1950s prep-school boy. and those glasses... un very stylish homme.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 AM) : 

here here, shoes are important with a look like this. sneakers or loafers make all the difference here (though I don't imagine he's wearing sneakers, he takes himself way too seriously for that)

 

Blogger ricola said ... (11:19 AM) : 

I like a high rolled sleeve on a guy. The reason it looks puffy is because he started the roll at the width of the cuff, instead of halving it.

 

Blogger O!Lightning said ... (11:20 AM) : 

painfully hot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:46 AM) : 

The tan is the best accessory: perfect with the lavender on blue.

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (11:46 AM) : 

The shorts are perfect, the sleeves are rolled too high. Lose/change the belt. The choker is OK- it does look like a tie. The scarf I'm ambivalent about- the texture and colors of it work well with the shorts. I've a feeling if he fixed the sleeves and belt the scarf would work better.
This is my first post and it's fun but really, some of you are so critical it makes me self-conscious to walk down the street!
Cheers!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 AM) : 

last summer I had that great Danish bloke with the blue jacket and no belt... This summer I have this gentleman. I am fine with it all in sum total. He is marvelous. Yes, his shoulders aren't the widest. And perhaps he didn't need the scarf. But I'm not comparing. What's more, having been out early in Milan dressed for the 'day' I wished I'd had a scarf. It's very much like my New York, and perhaps San Francisco - and the mornings can be as windy as hell.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 AM) : 

reminds me of the talented mr. ripley.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:16 PM) : 

Yes, he's very handsome. He reminds me of myself. But if you're going to wear the strap of your manbag across your chest like that, you'd better not have even the hint of moobs. He doesn't, obviously. I don't either. The scarf makes no sense, however. And the way the sleeves are rolled up, so close to the shoulders, is suspect as well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:52 PM) : 

i just love those shirt cuffs..
and i think he pulls off his whole look really well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:53 PM) : 

Sweet shots, as usual !

Greets, Clément Pascal.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:05 PM) : 

Absafuckinglutelyfantastic.
Question, though: is his watch strap black? I can deal with his bag not matching his belt, but is it wrong to have a brown belt with a black strap?

Also, I think it's almost definately a tie-shaped necklace. Love to know where it's from, love to get a detail/closeup shot.

Thank you Sartorialist!

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (1:13 PM) : 

I whish I could roll my sleves the same way but my forearm does not allow me (used to lift weights when younger)... The combination is great, the scarf in the tropic would be too much.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:14 PM) : 

Lovely! I do think that it is not a look that can work on any size proportions, the fact that he is pretty thin makes the outfit look coherent...I actually love the necklace, the scarf is a gift that I gave him, I am very happy that he is wearing it actually...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:32 PM) : 

The shorts are the perfect length. It is so difficult to find shorts that fit. They're either too long or too short, or the leg is too wide.

 

Blogger sarang said ... (1:34 PM) : 

who would have thought that "normal" people actually dressed like this? then again, he's not in america, so all bets are off. he looks great!

 

Blogger Paolo Manaloto said ... (1:41 PM) : 

well dressed gent.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:45 PM) : 

Soooooo gorg. Yes I'd like to see what he is wearing on his feet. I love the scarf but I think the necklace really did it for me. Wonderful!

 

Blogger Anon said ... (1:47 PM) : 

The David with clothes on? Nice composition!

 

Blogger J said ... (2:12 PM) : 

This says "I am wearing this just so you can think of me naked."

Also, my heart, melting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:14 PM) : 

Yummy...

 

Blogger Igci said ... (2:42 PM) : 

black bag's thing just cut it...everything is so light and pale, and then it comes that black thing! what about red palette or biege...
the rest is FAB!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:48 PM) : 

I don't think I'll ever understand the summer scarf.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:42 PM) : 

He is a very pretty boy. It is a look that not many men could pull off.
Great haircut, and classic sunglasses and wristwatch.
I have no problem at all with the woven belt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:58 PM) : 

I wish I could see more of him. Looks like he's quite in shape. Great legs!

Oh--his outfit's okay, but not why I would notice him walking down the street.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:01 PM) : 

proof that mixing leathers isn't a cardinal sin.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:15 PM) : 

OMG! Sart, who is this??????

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:24 PM) : 

I'm curious about the footwear. Do you have snapshots?

 

Blogger Nadine said ... (5:29 PM) : 

Really lovely. I'm especially taken with the way he's rolled his sleeves.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:55 PM) : 

I love the shorts and how put together he looks. But somehow he still pulls off classy and sleazy at once. He could lose the pendant and the scarf, and might look a bit more polished.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:03 PM) : 

Inspiration.
I hope i sometimes dress like this.

 

Blogger gergo szinyova said ... (6:16 PM) : 

great pictures / have a nice day

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:34 PM) : 

Jeez. Is he real? I want.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:38 PM) : 

I like the the east coast, old money feel of this outfit. Like he is getting ready to take a ride on his yacht.
The scarf is throwing me off, however. As are his hairless arms, (and it seems) legs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:11 PM) : 

A little toooooooooo perfect...and he knows it. I've been wearing identical sunglasses for years. Now I'll have to put them away. I don't want to be trendy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:36 PM) : 

Wow.

Every time I look at his picture I blush.

 

Blogger Maria said ... (7:36 PM) : 

Love the clubmasters :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:59 PM) : 

saying an outfit is "too perfect" is like saying a roller coaster is "too safe" I would take perfection over what we see all to often.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 PM) : 

A bit too mannequin for me. Maybe if I could see his eyes it would help.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:31 PM) : 

How to get shorts that fit this nicely? Buy trousers that fit nicely, have them hemmed just above the knee. Voila.

 

Blogger jessicawhitley said ... (10:45 PM) : 

He's cute, I would have left out the scarf.
But anyway I loove those shorts on him.


- whitley

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 PM) : 

you know what catches my attention the most about this outfit, and the photograph, is the symmetry. Seems like something from Calvin Klein, with his chose palette of color. But I love the symmetry. It grabs your attention.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:01 AM) : 

SART PLEASE PLEASE GO TO AL BAZAR SINCE YOUR IN MILAN AND GET A BUNCH OF SHOTS OF LINO AND THE OTHER GUYS WHO WORK THERE. NO ONE CAN COME CLOSE TO THEIR STYLE THANKS

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:34 AM) : 

Why does fashion seem to demand that guys dress for cold weather? I love that this ensemble (sans scarf) could actually be worn outside on a hot day... as in summer!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:14 AM) : 

the satchel strap is black, as is the watch band. But the belt is brown. no-no to me.

If the shirt is tucked in, the second button should be buttoned. Nice chest though.

Pendants are always a big fat no.

Love the shades, perfect.

I wish I could see the shoes. They make or break the outfit.

 

Blogger Kat Walks said ... (7:04 AM) : 

checking out your photos always is a bit like watching beverly hills 90210 when i was 14. it makes me want to trade my life with the people in the photo.

 

Blogger Optimate said ... (7:31 AM) : 

Anyone know where to find shorts like that in London?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 AM) : 

Gosh he is gorgeous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:23 AM) : 

i left this comment a few days ago and don't see it above, so i will leave it again...

does anyone know where i can fine inexpensive slim fit shorts like the ones shown in the photo?

thanks!
-drew

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 AM) : 

gorgeus!!!!!!!!!!!!
any other snaphots of this dressed
David??
i would love to see his shoes & eyes!

 

Blogger PhilM said ... (10:48 AM) : 

love the rolled up sleeves showing off the biceps. would love to have that scarf.

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (10:49 AM) : 

I agree with mrronfeld, "too perfect" isn't really a valid criticism- wouldn't you all like- I mean don't you all enjoy- putting together a "perfect" outfit?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:53 PM) : 

I agree with the comment above noting the resemblance with Jude Law's wardrobe in The Talented Mr. Ripley and think it's perfect the way it is. The scarf look like a lightweight linen, the pendant looks like a tie which is like a wink of the eye with his spread collar. Definitely an outfit the average American man could not pull off.

 

Blogger Velizar said ... (2:21 PM) : 

Over-done? Under-done? Either way, it is really a matter of personal taste and attitude - however, i do feel that, here in the States, the casual way of dressing is overly-popular and the whole roll-out-of-bed looks can get a little blah - So, it is really refreshing to see such an attention-to-details approach to sportswear. Speaking of the scarf, aren't we missing out the fact how its softness wonderfully contrasts the crispiness of the outfit and how beautiful the print and its colors are accommodating the entire ensemble? This outfit can totally serve as a graphic design inspiration for the way it plays w/ the contrasts while maintaining the unity in colors and lines.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:21 PM) : 

thearabparrot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:50 PM) : 

I think this is reaching for everyday where. While I like to be eccentric, the sleeves/scarf combo appears to be trying to hard. Otherwise i love the shorts and the hairdo, although we could get him some new shades. One man's opinion...

 

Blogger WBJ said ... (6:05 PM) : 

just got back deejaying a fashion show in miami and saw many dudes wearing scarfs...wassup? Most stated that they were worn for fashion and one honest guy stated...that he was coming from the movies and it was cold inside and the scarf was perfecto!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:50 PM) : 

where did he get those sunglasses from i love them

 

Blogger yibram palacios said ... (12:26 AM) : 

i wnt to be in europe...so you can take picures of me :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:52 AM) : 

Probably a bike racer with those big leg muscles and lean upper body. An American youngster would have the reverse, pumping iron upper body and twiggy legs.

Me and my boys live to ride bikes here in Seattle.

This boy's beauty and healthiness are good. I don't like seeing the anorexic male junkie look some people think is attractive.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:12 AM) : 

dont like him

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:17 PM) : 

I know lots of people notice that pendants.I just wonder,isn't that pendants made him different from other people? without it,doesn't he look just like other people?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 PM) : 

Everything about this is SEXY! From the guy to the look, perfecto!!!

Odio's fashionista's
Nekiwa Smith
www.concretethreads.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:03 AM) : 

Oh my ! A sexy version of Benoît Magimel...

(Could the shirt be worn in any better way than this ?)

 

Blogger John Danner said ... (8:48 PM) : 

Take away the scarf and braided belt (I just don't like them) and button that shirt up maybe one more time, and I would really like this. Love the shirt, pants, and sunglasses anyway.

 

Blogger Lorentzo said ... (9:55 AM) : 

LOVE*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:12 PM) : 

He was spotted on the street?
Looks like from a runway, outfit, attitude and all :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:24 PM) : 

I don't mind the scarf, but I'm less excited by the necklace, at least in combination. Perhaps if it had another inch or so on it, as is it looks a little . . . uptight.

The sunglasses are discontinued rayban's, not the clubmasters, they were model 5020 I believe. Ronsir makes an approximation, the revelation.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:40 PM) : 

this guy is really hot. I love the shorts, the hairless calves concern me slightly though.

 

Blogger Sean Santiago said ... (12:30 PM) : 

where did he find shorts that fit so perfectly? are they tailored? is that possible?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 PM) : 

Sexy and classy at the same time. Perfect.

 

Blogger onne terre said ... (3:23 AM) : 

i'm having difficulty with the arm cuff thing and personally i feel that there is not enough contrast between the tone of the shirt and tone of the shorts - the shorts could be a dark brown like the belt (if the shorts were darker i would pass the cuffs). leave the scarf at home next time. he has good legs from what i can see - no wonder he is in shorts! i'm interested to see the footwear that went with this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:21 AM) : 

Hot! Very Newport nonchalant. I would just lose the scarf.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 PM) : 

Looks as dapper as ever - this gent seems to have an innate sense of style, and so effortless!

It's a strong look for someone so goddamned pwetty!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:59 PM) : 

almost looks like actor Alexander Skarsgard... think the scarf is ok, it actually puts the outfit a little over the top - it pushes it into fashion; something noticeable.

 

Blogger Alicia said ... (11:35 AM) : 

I think I just swooned.
The hair!
It does seem a little fem and fussy to me, but he's a total fox and wears it well.
I love his strong facial features.
I'd prefer the sleeves rolled up to only 3/4 this is a bit, "check out my arms" for my taste.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:12 AM) : 

I like the summer scarf thing.
It screams summer excess.


lovely

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:08 AM) : 

The pendant is indeed a necktie. He always wears it. And he's from London.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:17 AM) : 

I love the rolled-up sleeves. It seems like not a lot of men do that and I think it is such a smart thing to do. It just goes to show the variety of looks that one can do with a long-sleeved shirt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:55 PM) : 

um cuuutie! thinking really hard on the outfit though. very handsome- the scarf nice touch. rolled up sleeves perfectly golden skin and i like the pendant- its kitschy almost unexpected on someone this classic. check plus...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:21 PM) : 

He looks like a hot Barry Pepper

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:07 PM) : 

Too affected!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:03 PM) : 

okay, the outfit is perfect but it's just...TOO good...i can imagine him spending hours in front of the mirror...and that really puts me off!!! these metromen are just so ridiculous.

 

Blogger Nicola Commito said ... (6:46 AM) : 

Really interesting man...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:48 AM) : 

I want him on my desk, and I mean NOW!

 

Blogger bomb.ass.ting said ... (10:34 PM) : 

too many horny people leave comments, he looks very put together.

 

Blogger Gen. Spoc the Elder said ... (5:28 PM) : 

I'm ne to the Sartorialist and have seen this guy on here about 2 or 3 times so far. And each time he is VERY FLY, he(amongst others) inspired me to switch the swag up.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:12 AM) : 

i agree with the scarf comment and the round sunnies but hello sailor!!! im a sucker for azure..this is one i of my favourite looks that i take out on sunny days... i think id still trip over myself if i was back home in italy.. oh my lord!!!!

 

Blogger Patrick said ... (8:50 AM) : 

It seems he never removes the pendant nor the sunglasses. He's got them on here too, in a Guardian newspaper article about short shorts...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/aug/01/fashion

I think it's a great look, if rather preppy. But that focus on bringing it all together has an edge; it works.

 

Anonymous melanie said ... (9:44 AM) : 

This is on the street? I want to live there!! His style is awesome. The Fedoras add that one sexy touch that every boy needs.


melanie

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting