This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Shirt & Shorts, Los Angeles

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, June 12, 2008

On the Street.....Shirt & Shorts, Los Angeles

Comments on "On the Street.....Shirt & Shorts, Los Angeles"

 

Blogger stacy said ... (9:35 AM) : 

love the heavy bangs and perfectly fitted sailor shorts.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:36 AM) : 

She is a beauty!!!

 

Blogger AsianCajuns said ... (9:37 AM) : 

I love the look of shorts paired with a long sleeve shirt. Too bad it's so hot here in Atlanta. I'd be a puddle of sweat if I wore something like that.

Love her loose ponytail and round sunglasses - gorgeous!

 

Blogger Ben Newell said ... (9:38 AM) : 

classy and sexy, love it

 

Blogger Akeem A. said ... (9:38 AM) : 

I love this look, its 80's but in a good way. Look like Demi Moore much?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 AM) : 

She's a beauty and I suspect tall,
that makes tat outfit work.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:46 AM) : 

Lovely, those are great shorts and I love how she's put her hands in the belt loops! This is black and white done absolutely right. I just hope there isn't a flurry of "she must remove the rosary" comments.

Energie

 

Blogger Rachel said ... (9:47 AM) : 

So cool!
I'm very inspired. I like to be a little covered up in the summer. Men's dress shirts will be on my shopping list now!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:50 AM) : 

as they say here in tokyo: sexy!

 

Blogger fashionista said ... (10:01 AM) : 

The slight A-line of the shorts makes them very flattering. I love this outfit, so fresh and laid back.

Cathy
www.cathyphillipsfashion.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:04 AM) : 

love the shorts but not keen on the plastic rosary beads - make an otherwise cool outfit look a little cheap......

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:18 AM) : 

Outfit looks cool, but drop the plastic rosary beads and the long finger nails.... long nails are out. cut them short and paint them red or burgandy.

 

Blogger Lizzie said ... (10:20 AM) : 

I just bought similiar shorts in red! I think I'll pair them with a nice button down, now...

GOSH! I wish I could have bangs! Damn this curly hair!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:27 AM) : 

Is that Katya?

 

Blogger Nerine said ... (10:28 AM) : 

I love the shaggy bangs. The double crucifixes don't quite work though - are they plastic?

 

Blogger PhilM said ... (10:33 AM) : 

the lighting in this photo is awesome! love the over-sized sunglasses--they go so well with her beautifully sculpted square jaw. the loose shirt and short pants combo is hot as well!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 AM) : 

love this,
first off, long nails are never "out". second, i think the plastic rosary beads are an interersting quirk. THROW IT UP CATHOLICS IN THE HOUSE, lol
but men's dress shirts work bautifully for a cool summer day work-casual look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:08 AM) : 

can i have her number? i want to marry her. Real bad.

 

Blogger jessica said ... (11:19 AM) : 

yes, the fingernails are TOO scary! everything else lovely. i don't think the rosary makes a bit of difference one way or the other....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:27 PM) : 

she's a beauty!i'm in love. . .so sexy,so beaytiful. . so shic and simple. . .will you marry me now that gay mariage is approved?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:29 PM) : 

Is that Irina ?

 

Blogger looker said ... (12:35 PM) : 

Beautiful the shirt men

 

Blogger Rita said ... (12:36 PM) : 

I LOVE the outfit, even the rosaries, she looks amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:38 PM) : 

Difficult to say anything about the shorts. I´d have to see the whole of her. To wear shorts that short,you should have perfect legs. I don´t like the long fingernails either.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:09 PM) : 

this is a great look EXCEPT... nothing is tackier than wearing ROSARY BEADS as a necklace. That isn't their purpose and it just shows that the person wearing them doesn't even understand what they are for

 

Blogger Holden said ... (1:15 PM) : 

Menswear on women done right. She looks like fun.

 

Blogger FASHION CHALET said ... (1:17 PM) : 

great combo!!
with the shorts and pinstripe button up, I like her messy bun and sunglasses as well! xx

http://fashionchalet.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:26 PM) : 

Great outfit indeed! I'm wondering though what kind of shoes she's wearing with them. I have always such difficulty with finding the right shoes with shorts.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:27 PM) : 

i honestly didnt even notice the long fingernails... my attention was grabbed by the men's dress shirt, the big sunglasses, the bangs and the jawline... a mix of tomboy nd pure feminility at the same time. genius

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:27 PM) : 

Love the sailor shorts with a quirky little A-line flirt. Echoed in the stripes of the man's shirt.

A man's shirt on a woman or a girl always works.

Exceptionally lovely hands. I wonder if she's a hand-model? As well as a model-model, I mean?

-- desertwind

PS - I suppose it's too hot (already!) for you to make a side-trip to the Mojave?

 

Blogger pauline said ... (1:39 PM) : 

This is usually what my everyday outfit looks like (thank you for the nice weather, SoCal).

I hope you find some interesting things in LA.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:44 PM) : 

Damn! Predacious.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:00 PM) : 

I actually thought the entangled rosaries were the most interesting/visually-compelling part of her ensemble.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:11 PM) : 

great outit, great girl, seriously scary fingernails!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:20 PM) : 

the high waisted shorts works really well on her.

 

Blogger Coryn said ... (2:25 PM) : 

This is such a fetchin outfit. I really really REALLY like it. She pulls off everything so smoothly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:48 PM) : 

this is exactly how i want to look this summer. unfortunately my legs are not quite as good as hers...
love that the shorts aren't low cut!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:38 PM) : 

What really makes her outfit is the combination of messy hair, oversized sunglasses, and rosary beads. They make the whole thing tongue and cheek.

But she definitely needs to cut her nails.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:58 PM) : 

I love it from the waist up. Love the hair, the sunglasses and the shirt. I don't like the shorts. At all. Sorry.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:40 PM) : 

uuuh. those fingernails...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:48 PM) : 

Wow! More fabulousness from the streets of Los Angeles. Very welcome indeed.

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (5:34 PM) : 

What a great look. I adore the shirt but couldn't quite manage the shorts! They look fab on her though.

 

Blogger Alysa said ... (5:48 PM) : 

Meh. This is basically the uniform of hipster girls in Montreal.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:06 PM) : 

at first i thought the nails were too distracting but now i think they add a certain touch of femininity to this outfit. she looks lovely.

morty - anyone can wear shorts "that" short. they don't have to have some supposedly objectively declared "perfect legs".
besides, her legs look pretty amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:09 PM) : 

Long nails: In, out, whatever... they just kind of gross me out a bit, especially when they're not painted.

Rosaries: I don't think the fact she's wearing them makes her a catholic. I mean I used to wear those in high school and I am an atheist.

But that's besides the point, I like the shorts, although I would like to see a nice, colorful belt through those belt loops, instead of those long nails.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:37 PM) : 

2 words, modern vintage!

 

Blogger Seanrwatson2 said ... (6:50 PM) : 

A very French feel. There's an elegance and sophistication to it, but at the same time in a casual setting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:06 PM) : 

That's Katya, friend of Harley Viera-Newton

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:45 PM) : 

Simple, clean, classic. I even like the tangled cross necklaces. And of course I am a huge fan of the full bang. The only thing I would do away with is the tacky long nails, but I think she can pull them off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:43 PM) : 

nerine: not crucifixes FYI - rosaries.

i love that my fellow los angelinas are showing some cool style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:15 PM) : 

she does it well

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:30 PM) : 

Wow. Love the black hair and shades.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:50 PM) : 

Button-up shirt and shorts are definitely a lovely combination (especially stripes!) but wow - her shorts are really...short. To the point where they just don't look good anymore. I'm glad you don't have to see all the la hipsters running around trying to work those kind of shorts and failing.

The plastic rosaries are so Pete Doherty - ehhh...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:10 AM) : 

Maybe these high-waisted shorts are in right now, but they look so, so terrible to me. The low cut look (on a girl that can pull it off) is far more sexy. Is she wearing a skort? It's like my middle school years and the 70's are battling it out. I do love mens clothes on girls though. And bangs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:24 AM) : 

yeah that's katya. great, just give the same ol' crowd praise. everyone dresses like this in LA. these girls are a dime a dozen. next thing i know, you'll be featuring cory kennedy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:04 AM) : 

i love the buttons along the side of the shorts. it gives it a little something extra, i reckon.

and the shirt makes it look sophisticated, yet casual.

I want summer back with this picture.

 

Blogger TMFA said ... (4:31 AM) : 

What can I say? Stunning outfit and it fits so well on her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:19 AM) : 

Great little get up! The rosary beads don't bother me except that I wish they were not plastic...anything but plastic! True that the nails are horrible...I actually am having difficulty summing her up because the nails just through me off every time. Maybe if they were at least painted the length would not bother me so much.

About the shoes which we can not see, I hope that they are little flats, ballerinas preferably. Would make that look like like such a throwback to Audrey Hepburn in Provence, in a good way of course!

I can imagine that behind those big sunglasses she has an adorable face...she actually kinda reminds me of Shalom Harlow in a way...

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (11:46 AM) : 

She looks like Zooey Deschanel. The woman of my dreams!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 PM) : 

love the outfit but, um, i don't think the shorts fit her well.

 

Blogger Dottie said ... (1:52 PM) : 

perfect. what a lovely outfit - she fits so well in photograph.

 

Blogger TakeitEZE said ... (3:33 PM) : 

She looks awesome and she knows it!! love it!!

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (5:35 PM) : 

I have long, unpainted nails just like her. Only mine are longer! Good to see, the only ones i usually see are false and i don't like them. I love this girl's look.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (7:40 PM) : 

Love the look! Very chic!

 

Blogger fashionslacker said ... (8:41 PM) : 

i love this!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:54 AM) : 

omg katya yer so hot~

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:16 AM) : 

Wow!! She's a pretty girl..she's really smart ,I love a large shirt.

 

Blogger Joanna Goddard said ... (10:23 AM) : 

she looks truly lovely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 AM) : 

so cute and fresh. Fashion doesn't always have to be complicated or flashy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:43 PM) : 

A previous comment read: "This is basically the uniform of hipster girls in Montreal"..

I laughed out loud..first time I've ever read that someone equates Montreal with being hip.

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (12:57 PM) : 

Love this look, but I also couldn't help noticing that this woman has incredibly beautiful hands--I don't usually pick up on such things, but it was impossible to ignore in this photo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:29 PM) : 

It would have been nicer to see a little more leg in the photo. The girl looks like she might be very tall. And perhaps the shoes were interesting?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:25 PM) : 

her sunglasses are so great! does anyone know where to get a pair like that? i know you can find the style everywhere these days but hers look very chic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:02 AM) : 

katya staretski. nice nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 AM) : 

I think she looks wonderful. The flare of the shorts makes them look longer than they are. A belt would make them look shorter. As a nail biter, I envy her long nails and prefer them unpainted.

 

Blogger Sunglasses Guy said ... (3:14 AM) : 

The sunglasses' frames look a lot like RayBan wayfarers, but the lenses, not so much.

The style is similar to some Dita lenses as well.

 

Blogger Jana FitzGerald said ... (2:57 PM) : 

I'm not that impressed...it's a simple formula that works well, but it's nice. I think I would have chosen a straighter-fit short, I don't really like the way that they are cut. Maybe they should be a bit longer and less flared. I personally would have rolled the sleeves up, and although I know it's chic to be controversial and ironic in Los Angeles (and everywhere), I would have done without the rosary in favor of a simple gold necklace or chain.

 

Blogger Jana FitzGerald said ... (2:57 PM) : 

also, I think this look would have really been cemented with a pair of Persols and maybe some flat leather sandals. What kind of shoes was she wearing? That could really make or break it.

 

Blogger Lydia said ... (12:15 PM) : 

those bangs!
the whole outfit is perfectly tailored, i'm in love.

 

Blogger Copycat Sasha said ... (12:27 PM) : 

I love this.

 

Blogger SASHA said ... (1:38 PM) : 

for me it is the subtle detail provided by her long, unpainted nails, that take this from semi-ordinary into interesting and stylish.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:50 PM) : 

i absolutely ADORE this look.
she defii9tely knows how to rock those bangs with the perfect shaped sunglasses for her face shape.
i'd love to know who makes those glasses.

such a clean and chic yet comfortable look overall.
totally wearable and that's what i love about it.

 

Blogger the fabled needle (jen) said ... (2:17 AM) : 

it's nice to see some shots taken in l.a.!

i love the simplicity of this outfit. and as always, such great photos on your blog.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:13 AM) : 

This is the look of the season in New York.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:02 PM) : 

i love when people where that "look". we dont see it much in australia, but im always looking out for shirts like this in op-shops.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:46 AM) : 

Look is so wonderful would not have noticed nails except for the comments. They are a bit long, but very happy to see they are not that brutal square cut that has been polluting hands.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:35 AM) : 

stealing this look =)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:08 AM) : 

I must agree--totally wearable. I'm loving the short shorts and paired with a tucked in crisp blouse, it looks so pulled together! I just got a pair of similar shorts at Goldyn and as soon as I get them in the mail, I'm totally rocking this look!

 

Blogger Camilla said ... (4:12 PM) : 

What a cute look! Sailor outfits are the best :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:05 AM) : 

I love it! Well, j'adooooore!

 

Blogger ricpic said ... (4:14 PM) : 

I notice that most of the comments picking apart this look come from women.

From a man's standpoint she's an awesomely beautiful creature, case closed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:43 PM) : 

i just loved it!!!!

 

Blogger classichic said ... (6:54 PM) : 

looks like zooey dechanel!
LOVE it.

 

Blogger alberta said ... (7:33 PM) : 

I just love this look - it is something that is so simple, crisp and clean - but makes the best statement!

 

Blogger pearlaceous said ... (7:43 PM) : 

Love her look! Great pieces.. Everything looks great, the bangs, the sunglasses, the blouse, the accessories, the hot pants, .. except the long nails eeek! Her look is clean and fresh and her nails should echo that as well..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:44 PM) : 

is that kat?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:05 PM) : 

awesome. mega cool and still ladylike.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:42 AM) : 

shes cute but high waisted shorts on hipster girls are a dme a dozen

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:46 AM) : 

looks like irina lazareanu

 

Blogger Ophelia said ... (3:39 AM) : 

This picture is amazing. she is sooo gorgeos!
besides love the blog.:)

 

Blogger Porus said ... (1:03 AM) : 

I love your blog and I love how its so inspirational!
Also love what she is wearing...looks like a man's shirt with sailor shorts ...that's so sassy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:32 PM) : 

I love the way she is dressed! i would add a skinny belt in a bright color possibly red with red shoes. But i think she looks great as it is!

Cheers,
Blair

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:59 PM) : 

WORK it katstar!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:29 PM) : 

Very simple, but the combination looks great. I like the idea of pairing men's shirts with shorts. It has a very tailored look.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting