This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Mr. Valentino Ricci, Florence

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, June 30, 2008

On the Street....Mr. Valentino Ricci, Florence

Comments on "On the Street....Mr. Valentino Ricci, Florence"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:08 AM) : 

the shoes are horrible under this suit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:24 AM) : 

Elegant except perhaps the shoes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:06 AM) : 

I think it's terribly unfair for Italian men to be able to wear such beautiful clothes with such panache. Isn't it enough they are known throughout the world as fantastic lovers? I mean, my God, "Latin lover," and all that.

Must they also have impeccable taste in clothes?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:50 AM) : 

not really feeling this. i like the chunky shoes and shortish trouser leg and he looks happy but his hair's too long and the tie knot is too fat. says euro-banker to me

 

Blogger Miri said ... (6:56 AM) : 

this is elegance...100%

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:16 AM) : 

Perfect.

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (8:22 AM) : 

I hope I dont have to eat my words, but I like a smooth line from shoulder to sleeve. I know the shoulder construction indicates that is has been done by hand. The suit looks great on him. I kind of agree with 4:24 on shoes but yet I like them with this outfit, especially as brogue-type shoes are classics and you are certain to get your money's worth. Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:14 AM) : 

It seems like a lot of blue, purple, and oranges in Italy. All the clothes and fits are amazing. I'm jealous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:32 AM) : 

what is going on with his shoulders? are the ruched?

something looks very very wrong to me...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:33 AM) : 

Che bello!!!

 

Blogger Mitchell Weiss said ... (9:38 AM) : 

He looks very well put together. I think the cuffs on his pant legs add a nice twist to a well tailored suit. The beautiful shoes tie the whole look together.

The tie knot is "fat" is a result of the width of the tie itself.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:44 AM) : 

Not happening for me. Shoes don't match the outfit and that haircut (or lack thereof) is really distracting. He looks like David Bradford from the 70's show "Eight is Enough."

 

Blogger António Erre said ... (9:53 AM) : 

A well dressed guy! As for me i'd rather wear black shoes and lower the trousers.
The overall slim fit is a must!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:55 AM) : 

Scott,
There is an exhibition of the history of street photography on at Tate Modern in London at the moment. I was wandering around it today and thought you would be fascinated by it given your current pursuits. Everything from Brassai at night in Paris to documentary evidence from New York, 1880 to 1970.

I know you don't get to London much, but it may well tour. And it's on until the end of August.

Particularly loving the men.style.com postings at the moment. If you ever make a book of your favourite photos, can I ask that you do a separate mens and womens one? If you did I'd buy one for me and several as presents.

Keep it up
Simon

 

Blogger Jingoist said ... (10:32 AM) : 

Love LOVE the suit (and the shoes). This is the perfect color blue, and it is becoming more readily utilized in clothing I have seen. It's obviously not a "business suit blue", but to me, this begins to challenge the traditional color palette menswear is accustomed to and changes it just enough.

Scott- is that a roped shoulder I see, or just the way he was holding himself?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:55 AM) : 

J'adore! He is uber-fantastic. I love the contrast of the shoes against the suit. And the trouser length is perfection.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 AM) : 

Great shade of blue. I like the high collar and the bold stripes on the shirt.
Looks like there's too much roping at the jacket's shoulders. Maybe it is just the way he is standing, but the shoulders don't look right to me. It's particularly jarring because Italian suits are famous for softer shoulders, and this seems to be quite the opposite.
I like the brown shoes with the blue suit, but not the black socks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 AM) : 

I like it but can someone explain the brown shoes and black socks with this blue suit? I don't think it looks that out of place but it's not the first thing I would've thought of.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:32 AM) : 

Pants are too tapered, especially towards the ankle. The shoulders are also excessively roped - quite feminine. Overall, the effect is a little "Austin Powers."

 

Blogger Jaime said ... (11:45 AM) : 

God, I love those pants.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:24 PM) : 

Beautiful. So much blue, but it works. Love the short, narrow pant leg, and the shoes. Not loving the haircut so much, however.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 PM) : 

Oh nooooooooooooooo, that hair is all wrong. Everything else is right. He's showing enough cuff and pocket square. The pants I prefer to break a tiny bit farther but that's just me. The hair the hair!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:53 PM) : 

Greaty Navy!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:54 PM) : 

WOW, killer roped shoulders. This is the way to do shorter length on pant, with trim cut. Tie a bit wide therefore a bigger knot. He's got the goods for a Florentine sartorialist. Great shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:02 PM) : 

the shoulder roping seems over the top on that jacket. is it just the way his arms are folded? otherwise it's a nice, natural, and stylish outfit. i really like the patch pockets and tall collar.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:13 PM) : 

i actually love this outfit. this man looks like the imaginary boyfriend i always picture in my head when someone asks to describe a good looking guy. and i know that some are bothered by the short pant leg and brown shoes, but i feel that that is what makes this outfit interesting. the contrast of the shoes draw attention to his person, much like michael jackson and his want for white socks to highlight his feet while dancing in music videos. this outfit is spot on, i adore it. love, beck

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:46 PM) : 

pants strangely tapered and too short. And the visible black socks not good either.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:05 PM) : 

I realize the right shoulder is bunched up but still, that's some serious roping.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:12 PM) : 

I love his smile and the look in his eyes. Those two things, for me, make him all the more charming.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:23 PM) : 

Agree with comment on shoes. Not the color but something somewhat 'lighter' might have been better.

 

Blogger nyc/caribbean ragazza said ... (3:26 PM) : 

I just discovered your blog. I have to look through your archives.

I recently moved to Rome from L.A. One of the many things I love about this city is seeing men like Mr. Ricci. ha.

His outfit is perfect. Love the hair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:33 PM) : 

lovely color suit, lovely smile. the chunky shoes work with the deep trouser cuff. i like the way he keeps everything else simple.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:40 PM) : 

wow. Does anyone make a beautiful off the rack suit for women? or are women just screwed and have to resort to getting something made to measure....

I thought thom browne's woman's line would be my saving grace - but the suits looked awlful on me...I am 5 2' size 2

maybe women are just too many different shapes to get it right off the rack?

Come to think of it - I've never seen a woman in an amazing suit on these pages....(the woman you featured hailing a cab in thom brown was too literal/editorial for me... )

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:46 PM) : 

Perfect blue worn with confidence! i'm in love with him...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:16 PM) : 

I would never have thought of electric blue as a good color for a man's suit, but it works on this guy at least. He looks perfectly comfortable and unself-conscious in it (could an American pull this off?). You picked the perfectly colored wall as a background too--the light yellow goes well with the blue. He could use that as a shirt color for this suit next time he wears it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:21 PM) : 

Love the color and fit of the suit, especially the slim, high water, wide cuff pants. The shoulder tailoring looks a little sloppy, unusual for an Italian. The shoes could be a little darker and a little slimmer. But so what? If I looked like Nacho Figueras' kid brother, I'd be grinning too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:26 PM) : 

I'm totally feeling the ease and effortless flow of Mr. Ricci's style: He looks absolutely put together and yet never contrived (unlike a certain individual in a similar blue silhouette with the croc manbag...). Everything from his hairstyle to his stance gives such an air of genuine relaxed elegance.

Thank you for sharing Sart!

--PLO

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:12 PM) : 

Wow....I think he looks terrible (At least in the context of this site).

I hate the length of the pants as well as the tapering (which is fairly pronounced given that this gentlemen does not appear to be a whispy model). I also dont like the shoulders - and I dont care what they say about the construction of the suit.

Oh well, to each their own.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:35 PM) : 

I believe the shoulder style is more of a southern Italian look that you don't see from northern Italian designers / tailors

~ Blaumax

 

Blogger hassan1 said ... (8:41 PM) : 

Very nicely done indeed!!! btw i love those shoes i think they look absolutely wonderful with the suit

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:38 PM) : 

Ahhhhhhh...I am drooling over this man. All I can do is look at the trouser cuffs. And his hair. And his warm brown eyes. Italian men... ;) Yes, I want to move to Florence. Whenever I'm there I sneak pictures of the men. They collect in deliriously well-dressed groups outside shops and on the street during lunch. They really do! It's like a mecca for sartorialist man-watching.

 

Blogger ~chetna~ said ... (2:13 AM) : 

another gorgeous guy in a great suit! love evrything about this look apart from that odd shoulder thingy..?
may be forced to go live in italy at this rate!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:43 AM) : 

the shoulder is his signature. he is a tailor.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:29 AM) : 

as i know mr Ricci as my tailor, i can tell this suit is completely handmade using vitage fabrics of highest quality, the shoulder is without any padding and fit is inspired on old moviestars suit...
www.sciamat.com will tell you more

fb

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:03 PM) : 

Nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:25 AM) : 

Very nice suit indeed! The fit also perfect! The suit reminds me of what Romeo Gigli used to make, what Mr. Gigli doing now?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:08 PM) : 

love the suit. the color is gorgeous!
love everything about it. it's a bit off beat. but I appreciate it being that way.

 

Blogger Tone Loki said ... (10:56 AM) : 

It looks like International Klein Blue!

I think the broad brown shoes with the slim short leg make it too...

 

Blogger monstergirlee said ... (12:16 AM) : 

Love the shoes and the suit is wonderful, the color, the cut, the way it fits. Except the shoulders - the way they stick up a bit at the seams? Uh-uh. Not liking that part at all.
Love his big smile too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 PM) : 

Tie is good. Shirt is good. Suit is bad. The shoulder edges are too pointy. They shouldn't crumple like that. Pants too short. The pant's cuffs beats their purpose. But nice suit color and shoes.

 

Blogger Terry Nelson said ... (7:19 PM) : 

I love the shoes too - at his age with his looks and that suit - perfect!

 

Blogger UESman said ... (11:51 AM) : 

I I love the roped shoulders. I have never ever seen any shoulder like that on a man's suit!!! But it works very well.

I can see and feel that this man really owns his look and his suit. Great example of a man's clothes reflecting his personality/overall style aesthetic.


The shoes are a bit too flat and don't really finish the line of the pants well but are still beautiful.

 

Blogger UESman said ... (11:59 AM) : 

needs monkstraps

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:35 AM) : 

i love it

honestly can't find a thing wrong with it, he embodies florence! divine.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:42 AM) : 

Lovely suit. If only the trousers fit...

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting