This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Gloria, Florence

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, June 20, 2008

On the Street....Gloria, Florence

Comments on "On the Street....Gloria, Florence"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:46 AM) : 

Love the blouse !!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:35 AM) : 

Italians... so chic, even in sneakers!

 

Blogger mstomato said ... (4:40 AM) : 

It's simple, but I really like it!

 

Blogger Miri said ... (4:49 AM) : 

i would never wear that mini skirt... but she does something with the blouse and those shoes (which are amazing) and everything looks perfect!

i so love the italian style!


:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:45 AM) : 

Very stylish.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:12 AM) : 

Love the bag - what is it!? She is beautiful - looks sophisticated and cute all in one.

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (8:47 AM) : 

Agree on the blouse, the detail on it looks VERY similar to Prada's runway looks from a few seasons ago- I like this blouse better as it looks a bit worn, like it is something she can actually thrown in the wash! Very puzzled on the purse, LV would not do outside lables on a speedy, and it is not Gucci, I like the leather straps and the sturdy hardware on it. Notice the distressing on the shoes, maybe they are Springcourts or that italian brand, Sparga is it? Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:53 AM) : 

... and the bag! Interesting how she paired a loose blouse over a skirt so flouncy and short. Very playful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:12 AM) : 

I love how she doesn't look 16 years old (but she has a lovely figure and face, of course), and still wears things which some ladies might consider "too young". She looks fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:12 AM) : 

The essence of summertime--love it!

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (9:25 AM) : 

I adore her look! The blouse is beautiful and her skirt is so cute!

 

Blogger Regina said ... (9:36 AM) : 

I love this look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:59 AM) : 

So Italians actually wear Supergas?! Never liked them. Tough one here: sort of like the Inca-inspired looking skirt and feel of the outfit, though it makes her look a bit slouchy. Maybe I just affirmatively like the bag.

Energie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:30 AM) : 

I lived in Florence once for about half a year, and these posts are certainly bringing on the memories. This one especially reminds me of my impression at that time of how a lot of women were dressed. There is a boho quality to Florence that I found surprising and very appealing. A lot of low heeled footwear, too. It's my impression that, for Italians, even while one is supposed to look put together and stylish, a sense of ease (their wonderful term is "sprezzatura") is also key. It's quite magical how they're able to achieve that combination.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 AM) : 

Absolutely adore that blouse! Does anyone know where you can get it? Or one similar?? I love this look so chic! A little fyi for the shopping obsessed like myself, my friend just told me about the site Goldyn and I was in awe! Such a good shopping site--my new go-to shopping and of-the-moment trend megastore!

 

Blogger Katy said ... (11:27 AM) : 

I love this picture! Style, playfulness, and plaid all in one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:28 AM) : 

"Too young?" Only in the U.S. This is as good as it gets. Bravo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:35 AM) : 

For those asking the bag is Gucci Limited Edition - Joy Collection - much expensive imo

 

Blogger k said ... (11:43 AM) : 

I can't say I'm a huge fan of that skirt, but she looks lovely. Great blouse!

 

Blogger Je suis Amy said ... (12:02 PM) : 

Gloria Baume??
love her!

 

Blogger Moon said ... (12:12 PM) : 

I really really like the bag! And the skirt looks fun.

 

Blogger sarah said ... (12:30 PM) : 

glorious bag, it could go with anything and anyone...

 

Blogger JO said ... (1:07 PM) : 

I want her bag! Love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 PM) : 

so chic, so young at heart, so right. didn't know florentines and california bohos had a style bone in common.

 

Blogger Tha Gov'na said ... (2:50 PM) : 

only thing missing is the vespa, smart and cute! love all the bracelets. . on the go!

 

Blogger florentine said ... (3:53 PM) : 

the brand of the shoes is Superga, they come in a lot of colours for the winter also bordered with fur The bag could be furla can't see properly Good day from a Florentine lady

 

Blogger Amelia said ... (5:25 PM) : 

I love the skirt. I wouldn't think to pair it with such a loose blouse, but it works wonderfully.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 PM) : 

the skirt is great. the bag is gucci.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:24 PM) : 

Casual friday a la fiorentina.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:50 PM) : 

Wonderful hair. I wish the pretty skirt would be longer and I´d like to see her with some other shoes.

 

Blogger Leah said ... (1:08 AM) : 

effortless yet very chic! love the total look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:37 AM) : 

In summer + on the right body : I love miniskirts on women of all ages !!
She looks great !!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:57 AM) : 

I'm definitely not a fan of mini-skirts, but this one is amazing- so cute and playful that it made me forget it's a mini-skirt. I think a longer one would actually spoil the look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:04 AM) : 

I live near Florence and I look people dressed like this everytime i'm town, actually tonight i'm going there :)
Supergas were huge this winter, a lot of people bought them (but I don't like them, the front part is actually a bit weird, i think; they're not flattering at all.) [Right now Kawasaki are the "new" superga] so it's not strange at all for us italians to see someone wearing them.
I love her summer feeling, even if I would not wear that shirt ever sh e really rock it!
Kisses from a "fiorentina" ( o quasi)

 

Blogger Kanani said ... (10:48 AM) : 

Perfect. A welcome change from women in capris and t-shirts!

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (11:52 AM) : 

Nothing special here...maybe the smile in spite of the clothes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:24 PM) : 

There is something unbalanced about this look. It is too much noise.... the top and skirt work together, but the bag, shoes and all that fuss about bangles is too much. It could be a nice outfit if one had a bit of noise-reduction.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:05 PM) : 

I want to marry her!

 

Blogger Puebla Chic said ... (7:57 PM) : 

loooved her bag

 

Blogger Saneeta Renee said ... (8:22 PM) : 

that's Gloria Baume the Fashion Director at Teen Vogue Magazine.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 PM) : 

Love everything about this...except her earrings. But yeah great shot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:58 AM) : 

She's just inspired my trekking about outfit for today. This looks comfortable and yet still chic. Whenever I try for comfort I always feel slovenly half way through the day and wish I could run back home and change. Something like this could get me all around the city and beyond without regrets.

 

Blogger Raka said ... (5:18 AM) : 

Like it, though funny with the sneakers, but still cute. Wish I had a better view of the choker she's wearing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:23 AM) : 

She looks very nice but the skirt is too short - she looks like a school girl.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:53 PM) : 

sweet look.

 

Blogger Alberto Santomé said ... (3:48 PM) : 

your blog is fantastic!

but, when you shoot in Madrid or Barcelona sartorialist events??

will be interesting!

xx

Alberto Santomé

 

Blogger O!Lightning said ... (6:02 PM) : 

I dunno,
she is beautiful,

and the look is not wrong on her exactly,

but the look is also 'boho catholic schoolgirl" which I can't love

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (6:05 PM) : 

I love everything here, all it's relaxed feel. The warmness of that light helps. I just don't like that bag, it's too complicated for me.

Those shoes, are they supergas? I used to weard them when I was younger before I became a Castañer inconditional fan...

 

Blogger aviewaskew said ... (6:57 PM) : 

first glance the skirt caught my eye--thought oh my tartan?? i love tartan...in the fall and winter..once i enlarged the shot i saw 'summer girl'....lovely lady...easy breezy....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:40 PM) : 

Love the blouse and the bag. Don't really agree with the shoe choice. A delicate little skimmer or sandal would have been more to my liking.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 PM) : 

I like the outfit very much except for the bag. It is too distracting and too much with the outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:04 PM) : 

DK if anyone's already mentioned it, but her shoes, Supergas, are making a comeback in Italy. With the weak dollar, you're better off finding them here if poss. We paid $62+ for a navy blue pair with dual velcro straps for a little boy, selling there for 39 Euro.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:51 PM) : 

the blouse is rebecca taylor and can be found currently at the rebecca taylor boutique in NYC!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 PM) : 

So casual, laid-back and delicious!

 

Blogger wilson-ette said ... (10:29 PM) : 

The blouse is by Rebecca Taylor, it's on sale at misamu.com.

 

Blogger Nadia said ... (4:21 AM) : 

love the blouse & the sneakers!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:36 AM) : 

I'm not terribly impressed by this outfit, mostly because I wore something similar when I was 12. Not that I wasn't a stylish 12 year old...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:21 PM) : 

Love the sneakers!!!! SUPERGA!

 

Blogger Olimpia Liberti said ... (4:37 PM) : 

The picture, in herself, it's really good. That light is... perfect, and the background too. But I didn't like ther look. The blouse is adorable, and the sneackers too, but the skirt and the bag I really don't like!

 

Blogger amy said ... (4:40 PM) : 

too much going on for me. love the skirt and tee. all the extras is too much for this visual person to feel at ease. maybe the big watch and one big bracelet. no necklaces. sneakers great.

 

Blogger Hin Who said ... (12:45 AM) : 

I like her stance. Or maybe it's because of the ground. I also can't with my toes pointing straight. Well after a while, I tend to move my feet around and end up somewhat pointing each other. Kinda like sitting absolutely still watching a movie. I just can't do it.

 

Blogger miss ghesquiere said ... (3:46 PM) : 

fab fab fab, i love trainers with loose super-short minis and tops especially on more mature women. the colours are gorgeous with the sun!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:55 PM) : 

The shoes are SUPERGA i guess. very cool especially because a little worn....

 

Blogger Steve said ... (9:13 PM) : 

VERY cute, impeccably casual.

How can you beat that for a summer day in Florence?

Should she add a hat?

 

Blogger Dynamite socks said ... (1:21 PM) : 

really pritty outfitt :)

DANIELLE.

 

Anonymous games like runescape said ... (9:00 AM) : 

This was way back in 08 but still stunning!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting