This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Style Profile...Renata Molho, Milan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Style Profile...Renata Molho, Milan




Renata Molho

Job?
Journalist/ writer

Best Sartorial advice from your parents?
Keep straight! Do not deceive yourself and: the material makes the difference.

Style Icons?
Its difficult to say: from Jeanne Moreau or Juliette Greco to the simplest African or Indian woman met by hasard. If I have to choose one clear now is Jane Birkin.

Describe your personal style?
Emotional, eclectic, not conformist, displaced, stateless

I build my daily look around?
My mood

Personal Style quirks?
Instinct: it's like drawing or painting, if you have some material in front of you, you just put shapes and colors together and a sort of harmony comes out.

Most cherished item
Coats and pullovers!!!!!!

I feel best wearing?
Coats pullovers and special evening dress

The first thing I look at in another Sartorialist’s outfit ...
If it fits with the figure and the face… if its original to gain a place on the Sartorialist or because it responds to a sort of authentic eccentricity.

I always break this fashion rule.
Elegant- elegant
Beautiful- beautiful
Clever- clever etc.
I do not like symmetrical combinations.

I never break this fashion rule.
Not too many beautiful things together: one particular element and the rest must be something cooler, silent and respectful like a frame in a picture.

Never caught wearing?
Already Fashionable things, in the meaning of trendy.

Most underrated item in menswear/womenswear?
Gloves

Dress to impress who?
Myself: in the meaning that dressing for me is just a way to share the space with others, so sometimes I feel like giving a strong contribute to the picture, and sometimes I just need to be transparent, to pass through without making any noise. But it’s always referred to my mood in relation to the others.

Shine your own shoes?
Never

I skimp when buying ...
I do not know: I don’t have items, I have different periods: or I become mystic and don’t by anything or I buy everything I meet and I can afford.

I splurge on.....
Bags and jewels bijoux etc.

Guilty pleasure?
To buy two of what I like.

Cologne, skincare?
Mainly Clinique for the skin and Guerlain mixed with something else for perfume.

Most stylish city?
Berlin, Paris

When I was high school I wore?
Very conformist and bourgeoisie.

Sports?
Swim, tennis, playing cards.

Favorite vacation spots?
Instinctive answer: Istanbul, Terschelling(Holland), Ramatuelle, Baratti.

Labels:

Comments on "Style Profile...Renata Molho, Milan"

 

Blogger J. Pafoofnic said ... (5:35 PM) : 

The fact you cover multiple ages of people thrills me. There is such beauty in both youth and getting older!

This woman looks so comfortable with herself and her life, and she's got such lovely cheekbones! What a great thing to read after a long day at work.

You've done it again...

Thank you!

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (5:45 PM) : 

I'm a Sartorialist addict: I remember feeling loads of admiration towards that woman when I first saw her picture: more about her style, it was her attitude, her confidence and self knoladge. And I was happy to recognize Renata in the other pictures you took from her. Now I've found these interview's answers as genuine and interesting, just like her style is. Great job Sart!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:20 PM) : 

*Sigh* Molho is way cool...

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (6:27 PM) : 

She's very cool.

 

Blogger Anda said ... (6:41 PM) : 

congrats for the fabies fashion award, well-deserved
great job u've got yourself!

with compliments

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:47 PM) : 

This is an insight into why Ms. Renata's look is so distinct, IMHO. She said she breaks this rule: "Elegant- elegant
Beautiful- beautiful
Clever- clever etc.
I do not like symmetrical combinations."

Her look is intriguing because she eschews redundancy.

This is helpful for me to keep in mind as I use my Summer break to pair down my wardrobe.

I will try to eschew the trendy in favor of the interesting and timeless pieces ... (But there are some trendy pieces I love, particularly in terms of shoes and bags).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:51 PM) : 

Amazing. The first portrait is a face that could launch a thousand ships... What a beautiful woman. Strong. Raw. Pensive. Regal. She's stunning.

--PLO

 

Blogger Guapóloga said ... (7:45 PM) : 

Wow Sart! I love her face, she is a beautiful woman and the bag just pop out her outfit. Love it!

By the way, this sunday and monday will take place the makeup show at the Metropolitan Pavillion in Chelsea (NYC), don't you want to look around those days? I want your photo, he he. Just joking.

Have a good one!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:03 PM) : 

Love the messy hair, naturally gray.

Agree--symmetry in fashion is so overrated.

She lives in Italy? Where? What does she do? I am intrigued. I feel the greatest sartorial act of non-conformity in Italy is for a woman to turn her back on sexy and/or "molto classico/molto elegante"...

 

Blogger Professor Estevez said ... (8:30 PM) : 

To me she defines "aspirational."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:18 PM) : 

she is a mystic for sure.
No Bullsh*t! No Boundaries!

Brava.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:38 PM) : 

i'm kinda crazy about her...
her effortless cool confidence is an inspiration.

"Not to many beautiful things together: one particular element and the rest must be something cooler, silent and respectful like a frame in a picture"

what a wonderful way to think about choosing what to wear.

here's to you Renata.
Respectfully,
Zia

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:33 PM) : 

Be who you are is the dish. Everything she said are the ingredients. Thank you for todays entree, very fresh and great taste.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:30 AM) : 

Although I agree with almost everything this woman says, I don't believe in scorning items of clothing simply because they are Already Fashionable. Who cares if everyone else is wearing it? *You* can make it unique.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:36 AM) : 

"Cologne, skincare?
Mainly Clinique for the skin and Guerlain mixed with something else for perfume."

How interesting! I am a man, but my favorite way of smelling, other than just how I smell, is Shalimar with a dab of Sandalwood. I know why I love smelling that way and I am far to inebriated right now to explain to you, valued reader, why I think so. It just smells good!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:45 AM) : 

Thank you so much!!!!

 

Blogger anoushka matus said ... (2:16 AM) : 

of all the styles I love hers most!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:43 AM) : 

what a stunning woman. i remember her from a prior entry and wondered who she was. thank you so much for documenting the beauty and style of a woman "of a certain age."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:04 AM) : 

Renata!

It's always a thrill to see her again.

And now I love her even more.

Such brilliant and simple and brilliant advice.

Sart! Can we find some of her writing online?

-- desertwind

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:15 AM) : 

PS -- Sart, next time you're in Milan, you must take Renata out after sundown so we can see her "special evening dress." We would love that!

-- desertwind

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:16 AM) : 

wow, Sart, you outdid yourself this time. I LOVE THIS WOMAN'S WAY OF THINKING.

her stance is so confident and you really can believe -looking at the pics you took of her- that she really does dress for herself. i am not so sure that many women do today.

i have to agree with the person who previously stated, "I feel the greatest sartorial act of non-conformity in Italy is for a woman to turn her back on sexy..." i would say that could be extended to just about everywhere.

interestingly, there are so many ways of being sexy and Renata's confidence is the very definition of sexy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:32 AM) : 

i like what you are doing. i like this Style Profiles
Great sart

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:52 AM) : 

I just googled her and, if she is beautiful now, she was even more so in her youth.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:03 AM) : 

Never heard of the magazines in the last question.Seems to me you meant to ask her her favorite places!?Am I correct,Sart?

She is veeeeeeeeeery cool.She's been there,done that and for sure has bought many a t-shirt along the way and has now created HER VERY OWN STYLE.Beautiful visage!

She is so at ease in front of the lens,she must have modeled sometime in her life,if not she should give it a shot!Effortless beauty!

 

Blogger Disneyrollergirl.net said ... (5:47 AM) : 

'Never caught wearing?
Already Fashionable things, in the meaning of trendy.'

I guess she means, trendy for the sake of being trendy. Which I wholeheartedly agree with. Go Renata!

 

Blogger miss milki said ... (6:33 AM) : 

Oh Renata is so beautiful...and she always comes across as someone who knows herself and is happy and comfortable with who she is. She doesn't try to be anything...she just is. I want to be like her when I grow up! :)

This series of style profiles is great, its so nice to learn about the people we often see in your photos. This one is the best by miles so far though!

ps when do we get to see the results of the oh so controversial makeover???

 

Blogger Laurence John said ... (6:53 AM) : 

it's nice to see people who have grown into their own look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:30 AM) : 

These are great - keep them coming - love to see how people come to their styles!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:41 AM) : 

so chic, no effort. Beautiful woman, loved her style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:10 AM) : 

Wow Sart,

It is wonderful to now have her philosophy on the art of her style. I was taken with her photos when they were posted earlier. She is my sartorialist Idol!

Thanks!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:24 AM) : 

I'd like to see more photos of this woman. I love her style. She looks fantastic and she is not caught up in all those fads like maxi dresses and gladiator sandals. She is her OWN person. Love her boots with the jeans, the huge coat and that purse. Please post more pics of her. Also, the one you posted is so dark that I have trouble making out her outfit.

thanks, carrot

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:29 AM) : 

Hey, Sart, you're mentioned in Madame Figaro, the French newspaper's fashion magazine, came out today. The correspondent wrote as if she'd crossed paths with a god.
Way to go!

 

Blogger Trapiello said ... (9:45 AM) : 

Great post!!!

 

Blogger momo said ... (10:43 AM) : 

I love these style profiles because they give us a dialogue with the person who has made us curious through your images. Thank you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 PM) : 

It's not admiration, it's recognition that makes us feel less lonely in the world. After reading Renatta's words, and the comments, I feel a little better. Her light burns strong.

 

Blogger cat minoki said ... (12:53 PM) : 

Thank you for these insights,
I appreciate reading the profiles a lot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:56 PM) : 

(google is a wonderful thing)

Renata has a bio of Armani that was just published in English.

-- d'wind

 

Blogger so said ... (8:38 PM) : 

thanks for featuring the style profiles, i am quite enjoying them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:47 PM) : 

I sometimes start to dislike the ideas of "fashion" and "style". Next time that happens, I'm going to think of this woman, and she will surely renew my faith.

 

Blogger Violet Harrington Pickles said ... (3:35 AM) : 

Beautiful Woman!
Elegance and Ease.
How I miss my ciggies....

 

Blogger Yi said ... (6:18 PM) : 

Tres elegant! She is the epitome of beauty.. Those cheekbones and her confidence just makes her a perfect woman..

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:35 PM) : 

I was hoping this woman would answer these questions someday. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:21 PM) : 

Next to the next President of the United States, Hillary Clinton, this lady is my IDOL! I love her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:27 PM) : 

I never break this fashion rule.
Not to many beautiful things together: one particular element and the rest must be something cooler, silent and respectful like a frame in a picture.

YES! I love this advice.

 

Blogger benson said ... (9:19 PM) : 

Renata was the woman that got me hooked...thanks for the chat and for the insight.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:55 AM) : 

She looks like a trend leader,doesn't she?

 

Blogger Jana FitzGerald said ... (5:51 AM) : 

i love her.....

no more no less.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:08 PM) : 

I love this woman too...my favorite quote :

"I skimp when buying ...
I do not know: I don’t have items, I have different periods: or I become mystic and don’t by anything or I buy everything I meet and I can afford."

I relate to her "age" and her sensibilities...thanks, Sart!

 

Blogger amy said ... (10:15 AM) : 

the coolest chick around. i want to be her when i grow up. what's wrong with now, now that i think of it?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:15 PM) : 

More than trying to be 'herself', she is trying hard to be 'different' from the pack. Like for instance, where she says that she will not wear something if it's fashionable at the moment. I agree with one of the previous comments - aspirational.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting