This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Style Profile...Julie Ragolia

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, May 12, 2008

Style Profile...Julie Ragolia





Julie Ragolia

Job?
Fashion Director, CITY Magazine. Co-curator, Playground

Best Sartorial advice from your parents?
Always double check that your buttons are lined up correctly before leaving the house

Style Icons?
Bob Dylan, Alain Delon, Karl Lagerfeld

Describe your personal style?
Proper school marm meets early Rolling Stones

I build my daily look around...
The song usually stuck in my head when I wake up.

Personal Style quirks?
As much as I shop, I don’t like when my clothes feel too new

Most cherished item?
A Chanel black high-collared cropped jacket with extra-wide sleeves.
It’s perfectly elegant, but made of nylon so can just as easily crumple into a purse. Genius.

I feel best wearing?
My vintage boy’s tuxedo jacket. It’s as if it was perfectly tailored for my body.

The first thing I look at in another
Sartorialist’s outfit ...

Proportion and color scheme

Never caught wearing?
The season’s identifiable “it” item. I prefer understated designer luxury

Dress to impress who?
Myself. Admirers can only come after that.

Shine your own shoes?
Nope

Shoetrees?
No

Favorite stores?
Zero Maria Cornejo, IF, Martin Margiela

Your next "must have" purchase?
Martin Margiela padded shoulder blazer

I skimp when buying ...
Jeans – Cheap Mondays are my favorites

I splurge on.....
Shoes

Favorite item of clothing?
The perfect white t-shirt

Guilty pleasure?
Felt hats

Cologne, skincare?
La Labo, La Mer

When I was high school I wore?
A mix of everything: I was preppy, Goth, grunge and hip-hop at once

Sports?
Yoga

Labels:

Comments on "Style Profile...Julie Ragolia"

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (5:45 PM) : 

She's got fantastic style!

 

Blogger amyw said ... (7:06 PM) : 

I like the idea of the style profile so we can learn more about the "inner workings" of the style of the people we see here. Thanks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:10 PM) : 

I love this little interview Sart. You should do more. She is so clear about who she is and what she likes. I personally love her style but I love that you did a little feature on her as well.

Ren..

 

Blogger Meg said ... (7:26 PM) : 

Alain Delon? A girl after my own heart!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:26 PM) : 

The interview was great!

 

Blogger Alexandra Early said ... (7:59 PM) : 

(I love these!)

Dear Sartorialist,

I must begin this note by lauding your accomplishments in the fashion world! I am a student at Lake Forest College, Illinois (although I am a Connecticut native) and hope to declare a double major in English and Photography next year. As my favorite focus has always been in portraiture, your site has continued to hold my attention! I work with a Nikon D70 and a film Minolta SLR; I was curious as to what sort of camera, lens and flash you prefer!

Sincerely,
Allie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:09 PM) : 

How tall is she? Just wondering as the proportions are wonderful but the volumes and shapes vary from image to image.

If she's not tall and is on the petite side, that's truly amazing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:22 PM) : 

Sweet! I hope I don't read too many comments about "oh well, she's in the business of course she looks great why do you always shoot people in the business" because damn, most fashion people look like crap. They're followers. This woman has a strong, distinctive style-voice that belongs to her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:29 PM) : 

i know.
she's great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:40 PM) : 

The last outfit has great proportions, very Balenciaga. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 PM) : 

I love it - please do more style profiles!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:50 PM) : 

The first looks Coco, the last looks Audrey, the second looks calm, cool, and collector. Good luck in life.

 

Blogger Caroline said ... (10:10 PM) : 

do more of these!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 PM) : 

She's so fabulous, and short too! I'm so glad that you mentioned in one of your postings that she wasn't much more than 5'3" (i think) as it is encouraging to see lovely attire on someone not so tall that everything looks great on them anyway!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:08 PM) : 

A stone fox for sure. First look is my favorite.

 

Blogger mette said ... (11:34 PM) : 

The second picture looks a lot like Madonna. Some of the answers to the questions are weird, am not impressed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:41 AM) : 

I love the green colour she's wearing in two of the pictures. And she looks very "modern Audrey Hepburn" in that last picture. Very nice!

 

Blogger Guapóloga said ... (1:44 AM) : 

WOW! I want to learn more of these stuff!

Congrats!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:11 AM) : 

Brilliant.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:40 AM) : 

Great idea to have more insight on the interesting persons shown here!

 

Blogger Ads said ... (3:16 AM) : 

Fantastic.. love the style profiles!!

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (3:16 AM) : 

She's fantastic and I loved reading the interview!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:26 AM) : 

Please keep these interviews up! It's so fun getting to know a bit about who these people are and what they do. It's great to hear her own thoughts on clothes.
Thanks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:49 AM) : 

i seriously love the way she uses color....and seems to always wear a hat? i wish i could always wear a hat! i also wish i could find that lovely black jacket with the ruffles. brilliant.

the lady has it. indeed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:46 AM) : 

yes! more style profiles please!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:07 AM) : 

i love her style. very often i do find myself becoming curious about the "inner workings" of the people who get posted on this blog. this interview is a nice feature.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:14 AM) : 

Don't really like the "it"items hum really (pants, skirt, hat, big bag...)Aren't they "it" items?? Great style but not impressed especially if you go in Paris, Milan or London. This seems so common and fashion addict!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:39 AM) : 

loving the style profile- what a great way to learn about the stylish ones featured on your site- definitely do more of them!

 

Blogger aviewaskew said ... (10:11 AM) : 

simply superlative...love the top shot.

 

Blogger MI said ... (10:52 AM) : 

just great. also I really love the way she describe her personal style. on the 1st picture, the length, the width and everything about clothes seem perfect!

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (10:57 AM) : 

She has a beautiful style! I love that first photo, there her look is amazing!

 

Blogger KT said ... (11:21 AM) : 

What? No shoe trees??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 AM) : 

Sart, I love this section called "Style Profiles". I hope that will be a permanent fixture in this blog.

Thanks, great stuff,
Andrea

 

Blogger Thomas said ... (12:02 PM) : 

Excellent addition to your site, and she is lovely, lovely, lovely. If I were a woman this is how I imagine I'd dress.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:35 PM) : 

Ah, to live in a world where $65 jeans means to "skimp."

 

Blogger Kiki said ... (1:03 PM) : 

I love that you asked questions about personal style. LOVE. IT.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:39 PM) : 

what the hell is a shoe tree????

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 PM) : 

Yes yes yes! That was fun! More please!

 

Blogger Alex said ... (3:25 PM) : 

love this post! reading about her logic and some of her opinions is great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:35 PM) : 

thanks for doing the profile! Great fun!

 

Blogger Coryn said ... (4:17 PM) : 

I like her taste! She dresses so great.

 

Blogger eye five style said ... (4:29 PM) : 

-Love that you're expanding and doing semi-features/interviews. City is one of our favorite magazines (if you haven't check Glenn O'Brien's piece on little kid couture from last year).
- much love from The new collegiate persepctive on style/fashion/art/media/culture

eyefivestyle.blogspot.com

check us outtt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:38 PM) : 

What a great idea! So interesting to read about someone's style profile. She's wise and smart too.

 

Blogger Rorosto said ... (5:41 PM) : 

I love this! This makes your work seem so much more human-scale and reminds a reader that the shot we're seeing is a part of a bigger picture.

 

Blogger Ammie said ... (5:43 PM) : 

That last outfit is perfection.

Love the style profile. Cheers!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:05 PM) : 

I agree - i like these style profiles especially when it is about someone who isn't a 'celebrity' and clearly has a unique and elegant way of dressing and obviously doesn't use a stylist... Thanks Sart!

 

Blogger confetti said ... (8:36 PM) : 

oohhhh lala. I need that last hat! any ideas of who designed that? or what the style of hat would be called?

 

Blogger momo said ... (9:33 AM) : 

The top shot was one of my favorites when you first put it up. Thanks for giving us a chance to hear more from the person wearing the clothes! I do love the jacket in the bottom photo as well.
Great addition to your already marvelous site!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:37 AM) : 

In a previous post you said that she was on a normal person's budget. If that's the case, I don't see how she '"skimps" by buying Cheap Mondays. For a normal person, $75 jeans are kinda pricey.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:46 AM) : 

She has awesome style and is gorgeous but someone tell her please yoga's not a sport!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:30 PM) : 

Yes! I love that you are doing these style profiles again.

 

Blogger la femme said ... (4:05 PM) : 

whoa! the look with the hat is to die for.

 

Blogger suzannemarques said ... (4:34 PM) : 

more more more! i love interviews. a little peek at the person's life and what drives them.


oh yeah and their secrets to style! :)

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (4:55 PM) : 

Love her sense of style. She seem to look like she just stepped out of a fashion shoot every time.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:23 PM) : 

Beautiful. Wish I looked like that. dang.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:06 AM) : 

Sart, I think you've found a muse!

 

Blogger Andreea said ... (10:24 AM) : 

i like the first picture. it has a french chic retro vibe :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:44 PM) : 

the top pic with wide-leg slacks/green coat, is FAB.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting