This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street...English Rose of Brooklyn, London

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, May 30, 2008

On the Street...English Rose of Brooklyn, London

Comments on "On the Street...English Rose of Brooklyn, London"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:30 AM) : 

woah...cool...

 

Blogger Nadine said ... (3:44 AM) : 

It's the bowtie.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:53 AM) : 

wishing her bag was a block colour - red perhaps?
but this is a very sunning and unique look.

 

Blogger STITCH said ... (4:02 AM) : 

Love the neo-mod hair.

 

Blogger rosie said ... (4:13 AM) : 

Absolutely charming and edgy at the same time!

There's a lot going on in her outfit but it's all so cohesive at the same time - the stripes on her dress echoing the stripes on the socks peeking out of her perfect patent brogues, the hugeness of her bow tie keeping the tuxedo references playful. I also love her lavender-grey sunglasses and somber makeup!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:27 AM) : 

The most interesting and individual looks this month. At least she doesn't look like she raided zara.

 

Blogger John and Beatrice said ... (4:49 AM) : 

Love the bag. Love the bowtie. This muse makes us very very proud here on the banks of the Thames.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:53 AM) : 

Very stylish woman, but the only piece I like in this look is the dress. However she definitely has an eye for putting herself together.

 

Blogger Sonam said ... (4:55 AM) : 

I love it when monochrome is broken with a print, than a solid - to me it's more graphic

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:10 AM) : 

great style.
i also like how she is standing in the rectangle for taxis.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:14 AM) : 

Oh I love this so much!

 

Blogger António Erre said ... (5:29 AM) : 

This is what I call criativity, for the young lady; and statement-chic, for the man. London still remains the focus of inspiration for all aesthetes. Lots of chic Sart. I wish I have the first photo.

 

Blogger Laurence John said ... (5:31 AM) : 

sweet, but why Brooklyn ? you don't think this could be an English look ?

(not that i think this elfin gothic style belongs to any nationality).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:55 AM) : 

so perfect

 

Blogger jamesylala said ... (5:57 AM) : 

I LOVE HER!!!!!!!

She could work a plastic bag into an obvious show stopper!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:01 AM) : 

something incredible! such a beautiful girl, having such unusual brilliant taste of fashion! not many people dress so intelligent here in Moscow, unfortunately.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:05 AM) : 

Yes, the bag is a break, but the rest is brilliant!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:07 AM) : 

the (below) ankle socks over opaque tights is a great touch but I agree the bag doesn't totally work with the whole look - fantastic effort though and I love the composition of the photograph and the way she is stood in a taxi rank - very english indeed!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:11 AM) : 

I love her look, I can never attain this level of stylishness.

 

Blogger Bea said ... (6:22 AM) : 

Yesss!! I love London! Miss it sooo much!! It's the only place where you could go around naked and nobody would give a...!

 

Blogger Màrta said ... (6:41 AM) : 

oh my god,this says PERFECTION!
i'm not sure about the bag but i love how she chose every single detail.
wow.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:55 AM) : 

perhaps not my style but I like it, it's personal and cool. I like it!

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (7:04 AM) : 

Inspiring ideas. I don't really like this dress, but the outfit works well. She has a great face and a beautiful haircut and the shoes, the jacket and the bowtie (it's the bowtie, like Nadine comments above) make this really interesting and gracious.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:28 AM) : 

loving the bowtie & those shoes!!

 

Blogger marchingbandemporium said ... (7:45 AM) : 

A perfect example of London quirkiness. Cute with attitude. I love it. Makes me want to go into town and wander around watching people go by... Like the way you captured the taxi markings...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:57 AM) : 

i love the interplay between the different patterns and shapes - perhaps a brighter/more block coloured bag would work better though

 

Blogger Tord said ... (8:07 AM) : 

Stunning in an editorial way. In practice it looks a bit costumey.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:15 AM) : 

This is just weird looking.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:26 AM) : 

Absolutely fantastic! the details are awesome - the bowtie, the tights/shoes combo... her eye make up and hair cut too - so sharp.
thank you beautiful girl for making an ex-Londoner in new york proud!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:51 AM) : 

She is one of the reasons why london is the best city!
I fell in L O V E!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (8:52 AM) : 

Wow. I love that this is such a peronalised mix and based on black and white. I don't want to deconstruct any of it because it works beautifully on her... (except to say I love her hair!!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:12 AM) : 

That bag almost ruins it. And I never liked that kind of shoes, they're just not right for a girl. But the dress and the tuxido and the socks and the bow and the sunglasses are perfect!

I wonder where she found that amazing dress.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:14 AM) : 

Well matched, humorous and a beautiful face. The spirit is London indeed. So good.

 

Blogger Scott W said ... (9:15 AM) : 

Cute, cute, cute!

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (9:22 AM) : 

Very very interesting look! So unique!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:29 AM) : 

beautiful. Her entire look seems to reflect the 60's era, but remains modern. love it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:31 AM) : 

This looks like an outfit straight out of an editorial!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 AM) : 

She looks amazing. I love monochromatic ensembles and this girl is a gifted practitioner. I wouldn't criticize the bag; it's like a beautiful face, if it's too perfect it isn't memorable - something a little "off" is better.

 

Blogger Jeffrey said ... (9:59 AM) : 

love the little sock detail.
love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 AM) : 

Good to see someone taking risks. Not a trend or a label here, just her own personal style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:38 AM) : 

a unique and individual style: i am in love

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:41 AM) : 

wow

 

Blogger momo said ... (10:57 AM) : 

First, her haircut is wonderful. It perfectly frames her lovely face. I agree, the fact that the bag breaks up the look keeps it from being too precious. What a great eye!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:57 AM) : 

I love everything but the bag. This is the best example I've seen of the retro-80s look. It references the 80s (haircut, leggings, dress) without looking like a bad Madonna costume. Very cute. (In fact this is closer to how I dressed in the 80s than the Madonna look. . .I'm too old for it now, though!)

 

Blogger bomb.ass.ting said ... (11:06 AM) : 

I wish so much that her sunglasses and bag were not present in this photo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 AM) : 

What's wrong with the bag?? I love it! Something in a block colour would have been far too matchy.
But I think that's London style all over - we're not fans of anything that matches, we have to mess with it a little.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (11:13 AM) : 

Striking!
I LOVE her bowtie, haircut and winklepickers!
Well done.

 

Blogger aviewaskew said ... (11:21 AM) : 

what a beauty...why am i seeing visions of Quadrophenia and clashes of mods vs rockers..TGIF

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:25 AM) : 

Great shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:28 AM) : 

This makes me want to cut my hair short - she looks great!

 

Blogger Regina said ... (11:37 AM) : 

This look is adorable, and the mixed prints are just great.
Loved it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:38 AM) : 

stunning. love the socks and shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:38 AM) : 

With a face like that you can wear anything. And I love the hair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:40 AM) : 

Meet Mary Poppins of the 21st century. I love the flowery bag and the ankle socks and the hair! Could the hair cut work for blondes as well? Or grey?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 AM) : 

English eccentric, I am loving the look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:45 AM) : 

What would have happened without the tie and with the neckline open? She has a nice swan's neck. Sometimes mixing metaphors is exciting, but waiter-meets-school girl weighs down the look. That said…extra points for the lapel pins and patent leather footwear. A hard shot not to like.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 AM) : 

Doesn't anybody think its just a bit try hard..

 

Blogger Caribbean Lionesse said ... (11:57 AM) : 

I love this outfit. I disagree with those who commented that it looks very editorial. In London it's SO not! I loved that about the place when I lived there. Just walking on the street you could see the most quirky and eclectic outfits being worn with perfect sang-froid by all kinds of people. They weren't being showy or costumey - they were just 'doing them'.
Loves it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:02 PM) : 

Literally took my breath away. Lovely mix of charm, whimsy, and edge.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 PM) : 

Gorgeous, a girl this gorgeous could make a potato sack look amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:43 PM) : 

LOVE this look and would wear it all, except the bowtie. looks cute on her, but would look costume-y on me.

i want this dress! any idea where it's from? i think i can copy it and make my own version but i want THIS one. and the shoes are brilliant, too!

 

Blogger JO said ... (1:12 PM) : 

Love the dress and love the bag... She looks really put together... Love her look!

 

Blogger Keystofer said ... (1:15 PM) : 

wow, STUNNING!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:30 PM) : 

Nice dress, but I'd rather see it with a simple white T-shirt and black cardigan and an interested red bag. Too much going on in the outfit otherwise...whole bunch of different themes crashing into one other.

 

Blogger mette said ... (1:43 PM) : 

Sorry not to have visited your site for some time. There has been nice pics,but at the moment I would like just to see some really wonderful pictures. Iget so depressed at the weird ones.

 

Blogger amy said ... (1:47 PM) : 

looks as if it's a magazine piece. too put together. too model like. sorry. don't love it. the shot is great. should be an ad for the dress, positively.

 

Blogger Baking With Plath said ... (2:06 PM) : 

I really don't like the shape of the dress. It is so unflattering when paired with that pattern. It might work better if the dress were a solid but eh, I don't know, I just don't like it all that much.

Pretty girl though, her haircut suits her so well..not an easy hairstyle to pull off!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:07 PM) : 

I really wanted to like this one, she is beautiful, but there are just enough things here that don't fit together. I wish that dress had a bit better cut to it. For me it would be much more flattering of an outfit. Beautiful woman though.

 

Blogger Lizzie said ... (2:11 PM) : 

wow! one of my favorite looks yet, sart. i think i like it so much because i could absolutely never pull it off!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:26 PM) : 

am i the only one who loves her bag?? does anyone know where is from. i love how the street is captured in this photo ... it really does show the urban london ambiance.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:28 PM) : 

So I am going to be the first naysayer am I. I just don't find this look appealing. There is too much going on. It's as if she was trying so hard to look perfectly stylish and unique that she put one to many things on. She could have benefited from Coco's rule.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:31 PM) : 

I thought English eccentricity was dying,but this only confirms that the spirit of Lord Berners,the Marquis of Bath et alll,shall never die...the patent shoes are sublime,so her face ...and the bowtie...
Magnifique!

 

Blogger Hovey Vintage said ... (2:37 PM) : 

I second the comment on the fabulous haircut. Completely modern . . . . completely feminine.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:38 PM) : 

The entire look works. Bag included. Oversized bowtie is lovely. Ditto pockets on dress.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:51 PM) : 

Was thinking about bow ties all day today when I was style hunting in London today, now I saw this picture........AMAZING!!!!! The whole outfit really compliments each other.

K

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:16 PM) : 

I love the dress, with it's competing stripes and monochromatic palette. With colors it would be too much; without the stripes it would be too little. But here, perfect.

 

Blogger rosemary x said ... (3:28 PM) : 

holy crap that's amazing!

everything i strive for in a look...seriously. whimsy, shape, color, layers, a little bit vintage, a little bit mod, a little bit boho, a little bit dandy.

its all about the bowtie and the shoes/sox!

-sigh-

<3

 

Blogger Miss Cavendish said ... (3:37 PM) : 

Just what I love: true eccentric style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:05 PM) : 

Wow! She's put everything together so well! I absoultley love how the dinner jacket and bow tie are such normally masuline things and yet her dress and tights are so feminine and they don't look stupid together. I'm not sure how she pulls it off so well but she looks fab!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:09 PM) : 

WOW! That's all I can say.

 

Blogger Sarabee said ... (4:59 PM) : 

yay for Americans being in London... I'll be on the lookout

 

Blogger Kara said ... (5:07 PM) : 

Wow.

Her look is so well orchestrated and so perfectly suited to her that I was truly shocked to read critiques in the comments (I know, I should have expected that from the discerning eyes of your readership!).

It's altogether lovely and almost too good to be real. I'd love to know who she is, what she does. Is it her job to look so awesome?

 

Blogger norawoah said ... (5:16 PM) : 

I love all the pieces, that dress is quite the departure from the trends. I wish each piece was allowed to shine on its own, together its a little costume-y.

 

Blogger Chike-Ikechi said ... (5:18 PM) : 

The colors in this outfit and picture are beautiful. They really tie each other together. Her pose and facial expression is tops also! But to the clothes: the patterning on the dress, the bow tie, and the socks are fabulously styled. I like the addition of the colorful bag to introduce a spirited break from the monochrome look. But the outfit is very playful that the blacks and greys do not look depressing in the slightest! Great picture, great style!

 

Blogger Mlle M. said ... (5:27 PM) : 

She's brilliant. Her face and her hair totally, totally finish her look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:32 PM) : 

Whoa cool. She almost wouldn't look out of place in a photograph from some ultra-hip and somewhat seedy New York no-wave club in 1980.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:16 PM) : 

I want more thoughts from scott. I can find my own hot ladies, I'm here for a dialogue. spark it up!

 

Blogger Moniker said ... (7:27 PM) : 

reminds me of a darker version of agyness. this is something i could totally see her wearing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:50 PM) : 

I'm feeling the Ascot scene from My Fair Lady, there is something Edwardian or maybe it's the Audrey Hepburn hair.

 

Blogger my little apartment said ... (9:00 PM) : 

ohmygod, she's real?

amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 PM) : 

Interesting mix of masculine and feminine. She clearly thought through this look very thoroughly before leaving home.

Love that the dress has pockets!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:39 PM) : 

Wow, I'm almost speechless.
That look is baaad. She looks like she's wearing a dish towel. The bowtie looks Bozo the Clown goes to a funeral. The bag, dress, bowtie, tooooo much together. Just too much. However I do like the shoes, and dang she is wearing the heck out of that wonderfully short haircut - super cute, really.
It looks like this look is getting lots of positive feedback, but I really must digress on this one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 PM) : 

hey, its fay! i know her, she's a sweetheart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 PM) : 

I can see the artistry in this. But really I don't know why anyone would want a girl this lovely to wear a bag? I really don't understand the attraction of smocky dresses. I am tall but tiny and when I put these things on I feel breastless, hidden. This girl's lovely face and haircut almost compensate, but still...someone explain to me the appeal of a raggedy-ann dress please?

 

Blogger Dan said ... (12:33 AM) : 

Screw the bow tie.
No, I'm lying. Smaller and less rigid. Then I'll be completely happy. The outfit is pretty sweet either way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:38 AM) : 

this girl is from brooklyn originally, but my guess is she's in london because she models. and she usually dresses a lot wilder than this.

 

Blogger queengilda said ... (1:50 AM) : 

that is sooooo amazing. i love it and i want to copy the look. haha!

 

Blogger underneath said ... (2:58 AM) : 

She is utmost elegant - her style is in perfect balanced and rare.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:32 AM) : 

I'm craving a dress with pockets right now.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:19 AM) : 

I like it a lot <3

 

Blogger pink glasses said ... (7:32 AM) : 

her looks like bimba bosé.... i just love the whole thing... but yeah maybe the bag wasn't perfect at all!!!!


sart this is incredible!!!!!!!!


:D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 AM) : 

She looks beautifull in every way. That bag is the finishing touch.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 AM) : 

interesting to read how everyone just loved this look.

tried to look at it from different angles but just couldn't find anything intriguing about it.

 

Blogger k said ... (12:39 PM) : 

she's simply stunning.

question: why do u only post up skinny people?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:13 PM) : 

i just keep coming back to this one. i love this. definitely one of my all time favourites on this blog.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:10 PM) : 

I can't stop staring at this. It is perfection--the right amount of polish and whimsy. The bowtie is magic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:25 PM) : 

Is she stylish or is she stylish?

 

Blogger DDW said ... (5:19 PM) : 

great shoes and socks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:17 PM) : 

any more London pictures?

 

Blogger Susan B said ... (6:38 PM) : 

I'm old enough to remember the days when London was the epicenter of style. Seeing this woman makes me think it may be again...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:10 PM) : 

for me the bimba bose comparison is accurate. they both have this distinctive carmen hernan spaniard style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:06 PM) : 

sigh

i'm so jealous

you could only pull this off in Europe.

awesome

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 PM) : 

Reminds me of one of those pierrot dolls.

 

Blogger Candace said ... (11:18 PM) : 

She is wearing black, white, and grey to a T. I love the stripes in different widths and directions...it's more than a plain striped dress that way. But I wish that bag wasn't there.

And I like how she is standing in that spot for taxis with the infamous "crossed leg" pose! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 AM) : 

She looks very nice but it looks like she tried very hard with this ensemble and very matchy matchy (minus the bag). The only effortlessly chic component is her wonderful face. Still beautiful nonetheless.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:44 AM) : 

That is a person with GREAT personal style. Thanks for the photo!!

 

Blogger style.street said ... (1:54 AM) : 

i love this, the bow tie, the hair, the shoes and socks. its wonderful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:32 AM) : 

All They Need is Some Fashion Jewelry. And its set. beautiful Post. Thanks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:53 AM) : 

best outfit i've seen on the sartorialist

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:58 AM) : 

wonderful! i love her socks, patent brogues and sweet grey sunglasses. spot on.

 

Blogger sunni said ... (3:02 AM) : 

this girl knows what she's doing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:44 AM) : 

Amazing! apart from the patterns of the dress and the bag. Plain colors would have worked better, but the outfit per se is just amazing. Well done!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:21 PM) : 

luvvvv the girl!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:56 PM) : 

hm, the longer i look at this picture the more i think that the dress makes her head look too small... and i actually like the hair, but i've just seen it so often lately. anyway, great look. the shoes are amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:44 PM) : 

I always secretly want to wear a tie, but feel it would be too masculine. She mixes the feminine in in such an unexpected and interesting way. Bravo!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:40 PM) : 

The look's forced but the girl's very pretty no doubt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:36 PM) : 

Love it! And why is it such a fashion crime to try hard? What's wrong with making an effort? I'd rather see overdressed and fabulous than trainers and chinos any day. Viva Fay!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:56 PM) : 

Sart - It's imperative you go to East London - Around Bricklane, Spitalfields, Hoxton etc.. you'll find that everyone has amazing style like this girl - You literally will want to shoot everyone - it's insane, no other city can match it [As a N.Y'er I can admit it!] ... Just try & stay away from the main tourist areas b/c you never see anything special b/c it's all tourists! - You really need to hang in the areas that Londoners hang! If you want oldies in traditional tailoring then I guess around Piccadilly / St James's / Mayfair etc ... Are you shooting in London for anything specific?

 

Blogger Saucy said ... (12:17 AM) : 

How very Mary Quant/Mary Pickford/Twiggy.

 

Blogger The Voracious Vegan said ... (1:05 AM) : 

She looks like she stepped out of a dark and sinister fairy-tale. I love this look. The hair, the sunglasses, the makeup, the pockets, the bowtie and the shoes....so whismical and sharp at the same time.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:16 AM) : 

i guess the bow tie is a nod to Lanvin...the whole outfit is distinctly belongs to cool London...


S

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:42 AM) : 

It's a gorgeous look and unlike others here I really think that the bag is going perfectly with it. There's need for a little colour and I think taking a simple cheap shopping bag is fine - the outfit is not too serious anyway. Beautiful girl!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:53 AM) : 

i think i just fell in love !
find her again for us we want her !!!!!
xxx

 

Blogger Lady Lala said ... (6:08 AM) : 

I really enjoy this style. I do not would put it but she is fantastic. AH! Today is a sad day, a sad farewell YSL

 

Blogger madameshawshank said ... (6:16 AM) : 

amanda...I think this can be pulled off anywhere...if the wearer has confidence in self..no problem with where...might look exceptionally different from those around..but's what that to matter..this is a gorgeous canvas...

 

Blogger Moon said ... (7:21 AM) : 

LOL. I LOVE this look so much, I read all 116 comments on it. hahaha.

i really like the dress and jacket.
this style is soooo quirky.

her haircut is awesome.

and i agree about the bag - if it was a block colour it would be so predictable. her look is all about getting people talking -- not to quietly agree.

 

Blogger Charlotte said ... (7:57 AM) : 

What an amazing girl - yeah, a real English rose!

 

Blogger Natalie said ... (8:11 AM) : 

I might not like the outfit itself, but I absolutely ADMIRE the person who is so creative and has a good sense of humor :o)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:10 AM) : 

i really think the cheerful bag is the perfect touch, otherwise the outfit would be too simple in its concept of monochrome. the colours themselves are slightly unexpected, not quite bold primaries, so it makes the whole outfit a bit more unexpected and quirky, less easy to pigeonhole.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 AM) : 

The Guardian featured the exact same girl in the exact same outfit as part of its style profile series today, Monday. Interesting background info. Also shows how fabulous The Sartorialist's pictorial background choices are. And that the "English Rose" is in fact a model from NY. A well... a really great, stimulating blog, though. Thank you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:32 PM) : 

great jacket, bowtie and the fresh shirt is just right for the invariably gloomy London weather. Her photo has been in three London newspapers today.

 

Blogger Katherine Leedale said ... (4:04 PM) : 

this girl was in the Guardian's G2 section today - I loved her comment on how much she once spent on an Issey Miyake dress which she then lied to her mother about.

 

Blogger Urbanknit said ... (5:26 PM) : 

she was in thelondonpaper this evening. clearly an eye-catching look

 

Blogger Anna said ... (5:57 PM) : 

What a great outfit. Very cool

 

Blogger matt williams said ... (10:30 PM) : 

Her face is beyond gorgeous. She looks like a doll. she reminds me of Elise from the hirst season of top model.

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (2:47 AM) : 

Very editorial. Love her face, hair, make-up and attitude.

The outfit? Not so much. She's the female PeeWee Herman, and that's not a compliment.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:58 AM) : 

Geat elfic face, great look, great style : Brittania rules !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:11 AM) : 

Fabulous. Though it looks like it was something of a fashion shoot day for this girl/designer - she was featured yesterday in one of London's evening freesheets (The London Paper), as one of their random 'street fashion' shots.

Possibly the only decent photo they have ever featured - somwhat spoiled by comparing her outfit to the 'noise you get whent he TV goes wrong'.

BTW Sart I agree with the anonymous comment above - go to Spitalfields (particularly on a weekend). Much better than the dross that is central London!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:30 AM) : 

this girl is cropping up everywhere! saw her yesterday in the guardian's g2 and the london paper. not bad for a day out

 

Blogger Caroline said ... (8:13 AM) : 

She was also featured in the Guardian yesterday, in that outfit. Apparently the bag was the only one she brought with her from NY.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:55 AM) : 

Love everything except the bowtie/sunglass combo - not working for me at all

 

Blogger Jael Paris said ... (1:32 PM) : 

Love. Her. Hair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:46 PM) : 

thank you cslondon!!!
i was scrolling down to see if anyone actually reads the guardian..i love the dress she made it herself but i think my fave part of the whole look is the shoes ive been trying to find some decent wingtips for months i wonder where hers are from?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:03 AM) : 

Inspired. London I LOVE you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:43 PM) : 

i know her! she used to go to parsons here in ny. and for those people who says this outfit seems forced, that's how she dresses everyday - it comes naturally to her

 

Blogger Karmander said ... (4:32 PM) : 

I'm surprised nobody brought up Tim Burton here :D. But seriously, when I saw this look up close, my heart skipped a beat and I honestly felt like I had a crush on this creature. So other-worldly in it's perfection and whimsy, and so real---with the slightly scuffed shoes and slightly imperfect bag. The photo itself is BRILLIANT, sart. The lines and tension of the composition is taut...i can't get over her delicate ankles and the shape her feet take...so pointy and artistic...I can't believe anyone can find fault in this. I think folks should be careful not to disect too much. It's all about finding ways to break the rules, isn't it?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:56 PM) : 

i love everything about her outfit! her hair is amazing too, wow!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:01 PM) : 

I know her. Her style glows every day from morning until night. She is a muse.

 

Blogger Lizzy Lamia Burkart said ... (9:40 AM) : 

I have (almost) the same shoes hehehe! :D I couldnot love more her hair style...

 

Blogger recycleyourlife said ... (5:33 PM) : 

top 5 reasons she is so awesome:
5. she references any number of looks she wants and pulls them off!
4. the bag isn't out of place. she looks like she might have thrown it on as she walked out her door. it's emblematic of effortless style.
3. her hair. enough said.
2. her expression. makes me reminisce of the le smoking ads of old.
1. she could have raided zara after all. and combine it all together into this outfit. that is style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:30 AM) : 

This girl could have been one of Andy Warhol's Superstars! Love the look - not sure about the dress, but the hair makes me want to go short again!

 

Blogger girl@boroughvintage said ... (11:25 AM) : 

I love the dress and the addition of the ankle socks.

 

Blogger Madonna said ... (6:34 PM) : 

bowtie.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:48 PM) : 

absolutely fantastic.

 

Blogger emc2 said ... (8:47 PM) : 

Love the hair. I don't think the dress works. If she lost it this whole look would be much better, I think, because I love the shirt, the bowtie, and the wonderful jacket. I just really don't think the dress is working.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting