This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Last Note from Hyeres 2008...Vintage Beach, South of France

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, May 05, 2008

Last Note from Hyeres 2008...Vintage Beach, South of France

Comments on "Last Note from Hyeres 2008...Vintage Beach, South of France"

 

Blogger Sterling-haired Lady said ... (8:12 AM) : 

Love the shoes!!! Especially with that dress--just the right distance between the hemline and the straps

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:13 AM) : 

now, that, that is SEXY! love the length of the dress and _finally_ a French woman paying homage to flat sandals. with high heel sandals, the look would go in a totally different direction but with these flats, she took a glamorous dress and brought it down-to-earth. perfect and refreshing.

sart, thanks for this one.

 

Blogger Zlist said ... (8:19 AM) : 

Wow, am I really first?

I love this - the cardigan is a great splash of color and it heightens the whole ensemble.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:27 AM) : 

cinema paradiso!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:41 AM) : 

Great. I really love the colour the cardigan brings to the whole outfit, and the shoes are just right.

 

Blogger momo said ... (8:52 AM) : 

My favorite of this series of wonderful pictures from Hyeres, for the colors and the texture of the dress.

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (8:52 AM) : 

That is a very special dress and I love the tourquoise touch added to it by the jacket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:34 AM) : 

I love what she's wearing, it all works so well together, and she is beautiful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:59 AM) : 

This dress makes her look very short and stumpy. The cardigan does not help. I like her hair very much though...

 

Blogger cottage girl said ... (10:03 AM) : 

Did you see that you were on Post Secret this week?

postsecret.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:22 AM) : 

last but not least - is she French?

 

Blogger Paul Pincus said ... (11:00 AM) : 

I love the colour of the cardigan and I love, love, love her dress...you really have to click on the image to get the full effect of how gorgeous it is.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 AM) : 

So feminine...
Once in a month I like to dress like this, just to refresh my "she side".
And the dress is lovely.
Picnic in the french countryside.
Cristina

 

Blogger mette said ... (11:45 AM) : 

A cutie again. What I don´t like about her outfit is the choice of the knit or whatever it is. Her bag seems too heavy with the rest of the gear,especially in consideration of the sandals. I´d prefer high heels.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:56 AM) : 

The way you capture the colour of the local light is amazing. I feel like I'm there... and am jealous that I actually am not!

Note to self: Definitely a trip to Europe next year!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:04 PM) : 

i love the neckline of the dress. the turquoise cardigan offsets the fact that she's matched her shoes perfectly to her purse.

 

Blogger Sharona said ... (12:32 PM) : 

Hmmm.. I love her hair the most. I know she's a beautiful woman, and I love the color of the cardigan, but I think the cardigan over the loose dress with the ties and draping and all -- it gives it a frumpy effect and makes her look shorter. If I found myself wearing that, it'd be because I was having a fat day and wanted comfort in a cozy sweater. Even the shoes say "I need comfort". Not a big fan of this one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:54 PM) : 

Not the best of this excellent series, sir-- as someone above mentioned, the dress does make her appear short. But I also think her choice of footwear also adds to the shortened silhouette. Having said that, she is a beauty, just like the rest of the women from this series. That strong face-- so much like the legendary Patti Smith. Now someone either shorten her dress or heighten her heels ;-)

--PLO

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:15 PM) : 

Fantastic Utilitarian-Chic Keeper. Youthful Opulence Unraveled!

 

Blogger Anne Watkins said ... (1:46 PM) : 

Are the street lamps really colbalt blue? That is a dream!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:49 PM) : 

I believe I see her black bikini underneath the dress which makes it all the more interesting, layers and depth..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:20 PM) : 

It'll be interesting to count how many comments say she needs heels...I for one love the flat sandals with the longer dress. And what a gorgeous dress. She looks so pretty.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:28 PM) : 

i like this last series of photos from france very much. they're somehow more relaxed and insouciant, calmer. good colour combination here, and love the dress on her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:31 PM) : 

Lovely!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:58 PM) : 

In terms of her attire - everything is interesting except for the bag which doesn't fit. But her face and hair! Mysterious smile - something between a grimace, awkward, and pleasant.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:27 PM) : 

I have the same secret...

 

Blogger Wilhelmina Hernández said ... (5:05 PM) : 

Whoda thought black accessories could look so beachy?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:11 PM) : 

I love the contrasting colors of the blue cardigan and soft and hard browns. But I cannot get beyond the fact that I can see her underwear through her dress. It completely ruins the look for me.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:06 PM) : 

Flats! Gotta love it.

This girl has my heart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:12 PM) : 

Cute cerulean cardigan! The rest is just blah though.

 

Blogger daltonmc said ... (7:17 PM) : 

I like the color of the dress with the cardigan, but the dress needs to be a little taken in around the waste so it is more form fitting, then it would be waaayyy sexy.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (8:39 PM) : 

Love the sandals. I think her footwear is perfect for the dress. Heels would be too much for this casual beachy look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:35 PM) : 

After reading the comments I realize that I didn't observe anything mentioned except the blue lamp posts and that incredible, inimitable and enviable mediterranean light. Beauty in eye of beholder etc, but I think that your fotos are more about the mood and the subject's place in the mise en scene than about the rigidity of fashion fascism.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:20 PM) : 

I'm sorry, that really doesn't work at all. It's so utterly frumpy.Definitely the "weak sister" of your Hyeres 2008 series, I'm very sorry to say. Oh yeah, and the ability to see the granny panties is not at all sexy or beautiful.

 

Blogger marie said ... (12:48 AM) : 

I love everything about this look (with the exception of the sandals). Why is it that I can never find a dress like this in stores? Such a simple style emphasizing shapes and curves without overdoing it...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:54 AM) : 

Hey

I thought you would want to see this

http://bp1.blogger.com/_a7jkcMVp5Vg/SBsH42hZKAI/AAAAAAAAEy4/9kQ3OcWUIYA/s1600-h/sartorialist.jpg

(from the postsecret's website)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:31 AM) : 

the cardi- lovely


just wondering whens the makeover coming up?

 

Blogger The Voracious Vegan said ... (1:57 AM) : 

This is the perfect spring/summer look. Everything about it is just gorgeous. I love the floatiness of the dress, the heavy earthiness of the bag and shoes, but most of all I love the dress/cardigan colour combination. So lovely.

 

Blogger MCCVI said ... (5:29 AM) : 

fantastic antibes garment!

 

Blogger COFFEE.N.TELEVISIØN shop said ... (6:54 AM) : 

great blog

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (11:14 PM) : 

Not so much. Her face and hair are beautiful but the outfit is a bit dumpy to moi. The fact that you can see her undies does make it more interesting (in a Madonna 80's kind of way) and adds a bit of sex appeal but the length of the dress and all that fabric, coupled with shoes that tie around the ankle (not the best for most women, her included) don't do her beauty any justice.

 

Blogger grace e. said ... (5:33 PM) : 

i hope to look this comfortable and chic when i'm in the south of france this summer! :)

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting