This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Hyeres 2008......Mixed Prints, South of France

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, May 02, 2008

At Hyeres 2008......Mixed Prints, South of France


I love the bold mix of these prints

it feels very Etro meets Lily Pulitzer

Comments on "At Hyeres 2008......Mixed Prints, South of France"

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (4:52 AM) : 

really beautiful mix of pattern!! looks great combined this way...

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (5:11 AM) : 

Fun and lovely! Not something you see everyday... I wish I could see all the outfit and the person who's wearing it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:21 AM) : 

great, but not everyone can wear this! courageos!!

 

Blogger Jana FitzGerald said ... (6:34 AM) : 

yes! and with a dash of Dries Van Noten Spring 2008. i really like this...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:49 AM) : 

Very Romany. I love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:37 AM) : 

Also kind of Dries!

 

Blogger Andrea said ... (8:42 AM) : 

Really? I'm feeling it's more Marimekko meets Liberty. Either way it's lovely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:49 AM) : 

Beautiful. And cool.

I'm asking for the same as gabriela does.. to see the whole outfit would be great.

 

Blogger ami said ... (8:53 AM) : 

It's bold, to be sure, but I'm not sure I love it...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:56 AM) : 

Ah!So fabulous!Like a painting.

It is nice to see a great detail shot of the whole picture as it gets ones eye focused!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:57 AM) : 

what about the rest of the outfit!?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:19 AM) : 

Im pretty new to fashion (turning 13 in a few months). So I was hoping you guys would tell me some good fashion shows and there season
eg-Marc Jacobs-FALL 06
Menswear preferably

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:54 AM) : 

Trying to figure out why this works and for me it's that the colors are so fresh and clean....

~ Miss Mary

 

Blogger Lizzy and Shannon said ... (9:58 AM) : 

love it. Etro meets Lily Pulitzer meets Liberty.

 

Blogger warrior of tenderness said ... (10:27 AM) : 

I _love_ that your eye caught this. I know it sounds improbable, but one of the centerpieces of the microline I'm constructing are _aprons_... some with just a front panel, some with two panels, front and back, some large, some narrow and short, but all posit the same kind of Roma inspired goodly clash of prints with either the pant, legging or skirts underneath them....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 AM) : 

at the first glance, i guess a woman wore this outfit.....but i get another idea when i enlarged this photo......did a guy wear this outfit?

 

Blogger andrew said ... (10:34 AM) : 

remember the last time sart put the whole picture up of well mixed patterns... everyone missed the patterns and picked the whole outfit apart and did this same thing... Good on you Scott this is beautiful and why we love you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 AM) : 

You didn't show the rest of this guy who is actually wearing a shirt as pants, with his two legs sticking out of the sleeves. (No I wasn't there, just saw him on another blog).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:06 AM) : 

fairly disastrous

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:26 AM) : 

Perfection. Like a Matisse painting brought to life.

--PLO

 

Blogger Paul Pincus said ... (12:02 PM) : 

love this photograph. for a brief moment i thought it was a collage...it's really gorgeous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:06 PM) : 

It's gutsy. I actually thought of Dries Van Noten's spring/summer 2008 collection when I first saw this but Etro and Lily Pulitzer seems more fitting. Well on a tangent, I've been a great fan of Etro men for a long time but I do hope one day Kean designs a collection for the women.

 

Blogger Day Glow Girlfriend said ... (12:19 PM) : 

Yes, me too. I would love to see the whole look of this outfit!

 

Blogger Seanrwatson2 said ... (1:06 PM) : 

I absolutely love it! Looks like indigenous Indonesian prints.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:37 PM) : 

No never like Marrimeko who never does small flowers.
I', too would like to see the whole outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:58 PM) : 

This is beautiful.

It's not a mish-mash. It takes an especially artistic eye to select these prints in the first place and then to put them together.

I'd love to know --and see--more from this person.

-- desertwind

 

Blogger Austin.Garnett said ... (2:07 PM) : 

i dig it very much.. not sure about that belt though, if this is a man.

and what about the sleeves-too-short thing? i'm a pretty tall and lanky guy, and i have this problem sometimes. i feel really conscious that it looks sort of goofy, but an old roommate used to wear stuff too short all the time. he wasnt as into fashion as i am though.

 

Blogger Austin.Garnett said ... (2:09 PM) : 

PS, i 100% respect Sart's occasional decision to show only a piece of the outfit.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:29 PM) : 

LOVE it!!!

The girl from India also had a small floral print blouse. Women and flowers is just so beautiful.
Blue vs, Red and Blue and Green very good. and a scarf (?) belt...
I feel sooo trapped in Calgary.

My grandmother (Black sea coast) would wear something like that....

 

Blogger jessica said ... (3:35 PM) : 

oilily-ish!

 

Blogger Susie said ... (4:01 PM) : 

I love the colors, prints, patterns, it just makes me happy!

 

Blogger muranogirl said ... (4:45 PM) : 

LOVE this combo! I too would like to see Kean Etro collaborate with his sister!

 

Blogger Daniel D'Armas said ... (4:58 PM) : 

Vicente!!! Cómo molas!!! The most outrageous and talked about look of hyères 2008. muacks see you in madrid!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:14 PM) : 

Reminds me a bit of the Laura Ashley Polyanthus bedlinens I had as child. LA was the master of mixed floral patterns.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:22 PM) : 

It reminds me of quilting, in a way. The careful marriage of calicos.

 

Blogger António Erre said ... (8:09 PM) : 

It is something folckloric, very typicall from south and mediterranean. "Souleiado", though!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:09 PM) : 

Nice, very Klimty. I'd have to see the whole outfit though...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 PM) : 

I like the print separately but I wouldn't wear them together.
Bold person the one who's wearing this outfit! I applaud that.

 

Blogger Wilhelmina Hernández said ... (11:20 PM) : 

Etro meets Lily Pulitzer---love to see that pairing! It seems like you'd be able to make this work in a more Lily Pulitzer environment by adding a great belt, but the current scarf is very Etro.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:36 PM) : 

...but what about a full view of the garments, even from the neck down? I think our minds might be changed!

 

Blogger P. said ... (11:49 PM) : 

Ha, I love that description. In less words, Dries Van Noten.

 

Blogger benson said ... (12:13 AM) : 

the kids I write for would LOVE this look-- I could do either/or with a pair of jeans (yawn) but it would still make me feel light and happy.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:23 AM) : 

yes yes: oilily meets liberty. love that a man is wearing it. bright, sweet, happy, spring.

 

Blogger Peter Mc Cut said ... (9:30 AM) : 

amazing colors!... and the combination is wonderful, so fresh!.
Love your blog, cheers!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 AM) : 

I wish I could see what kind of scarf he's wearing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:26 PM) : 

I WANT TO SEE THE WHOLE OUTFIT SCOTT!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:37 PM) : 

Wow! Paging Henri Matisse!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:05 AM) : 

Beautiful. It makes me smile.

 

Blogger Marshall said ... (1:16 AM) : 

I LOVE the color contrast of the two fabrics.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:38 AM) : 

plaid rule - matching plaids are a disaster - same applies here
big flowers and small floweres
stronger colours-soothing colours

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:57 AM) : 

i wouldn't necessarily say lilly pulitzer (there are 2 l's) for her prints are larger and much more colorful. but this is a lovely little mix of etro and dries

 

Blogger Kornel said ... (10:14 AM) : 

Hi!
You just made me discover Lily Pulitzer and I love it..Thank's!!!

Btw this photo is clearly beautiful: the colors, the shape..lovely!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:28 PM) : 

i imagine this is one of those cases where if i saw the entire outfit i'd be totally perplexed by the outfit.

i prefer the cropped shot because it's more indicative of something really intimate and intricate in the patterns. there's something in the scale of prints as well, it's just a little bit perfect that the finer floral print is on the upper body and the fuller jungle print is on the bottom. for some reason the reverse wouldn't seem nearly as proportionate.

i don't absolutely love it, but it makes me think.

 

Blogger Some Like It Fashion said ... (3:20 PM) : 

I love the colours and prints and how the wearer has combined them. I just wish I could see the whole look.

 

Blogger ES said ... (10:54 PM) : 

What fun!

 

Blogger 975089 said ... (2:44 AM) : 

wow i would love love to see the full outfit....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:30 AM) : 

I gote the same picture on my web log!!!I love!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:52 AM) : 

i´m in love.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:44 AM) : 

Hello Scott,

that was a very nice shot indeed. Thanks for the uploading and hope to see you soon in Madrid.

All the best,

Vincent

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:54 AM) : 

can't agree with you more, the combination of those prints are amazing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:15 AM) : 

I think I have the answer to a recurring question: HERE'S THE WHOLE OUTFIT..
http://blogs.lexpress.fr/cafe-mode/2008/04/hyeres_une_affaire_de_style.html
and yes, the person wearing this is definitely a guy.
Apparently Sart was not the only one to notice the unusual mix...but comparing the two pictures (detail vs whole) you can see exactly where Sart greatness as a photographer lies- no offense intended for the absolutely charmante Géraldine of Cafè Mode blog.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:33 PM) : 

I am realy amazed at how beatiful is to mix different kind of prints and fabrics together. We 've seen the same technique at Dries van Notten runway this season.

 

Blogger style-magnet said ... (9:59 AM) : 

It's very Dries van Noten, too, no?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:26 PM) : 

Definitely very Lilly Pulitzer.

Reminds me of Romania, too. :) Makes me homesick.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:48 PM) : 

When I saw the picture of his whole outfit, I must say I was pretty taken-aback. At first glance, the shirt he is wearing for pants reminds me of the wrap that many men in India wear, especially in the southern countries, in the way that the crotch hangs very close to the knee. I immediately thought it ridiculous that he would venture out wearing a shirt with the collar etc intact as pants... But, then I remembered that fashion should always push the envelope and it is the things that seem a little absurd or out of place that are often the most inspiring!

Thank you Sart. for posting the close up of the prints, but I think the entire outfit is equally interesting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:52 PM) : 

i wil put this on my desktop

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 PM) : 

Great eye! These prints just work and is a wonderful brief capsule of what works this spring/summer. You don't need to see the whole outfit for some reason, and this little picturette just epitomizes the look. Well done.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:15 AM) : 

I used to be inlove with that guy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:31 PM) : 

Reminds me of Maria Schneider in The Passenger.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting