This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Student Style.....Yale, New Haven

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Student Style.....Yale, New Haven

Comments on "Student Style.....Yale, New Haven"

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (8:54 AM) : 

So...Yale University.

Is it in New Haven, or Connecticut? or both?

Anyways, this girl looks nice!

Cool shot, Scott.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (9:19 AM) : 

Great jacket and shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:20 AM) : 

new haven, connecticut.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:24 AM) : 

get yourself, and your camera, on amtrak, and head to providence... show us the kids at brown as well as their stylish neighbors at RISD. please?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:25 AM) : 

Is this a new shot? Looks very autumnal. I love the shoes, an excellent twist on the usual ballet slippers, they liven up this otherwise subtle outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:28 AM) : 

love the shiny, three strap shoes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:32 AM) : 

honestly, when will the leggings craze end?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:38 AM) : 

The shoes are simply wonderful!

dalilips

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:46 AM) : 

or since you already live (using the term loosely) in new york, you could head uptown to columbia or down to nyu

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:10 AM) : 

she's hot

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 AM) : 

im so envious of yale kids. i wish people in my school dressed like this everyday.
everyone's always wearing gym shirts and sweatpants, and i hate to feel dressed up!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:13 AM) : 

I agree about RISD- but wait til september when I'm back from rome, please?

 

Blogger Jini said ... (10:25 AM) : 

I love this picture and the one below. You should come to Cornell University in Ithaca, NY and take a picture of me and my roommates :)

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (10:40 AM) : 

She looks great! i love her jacket1

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:42 AM) : 

but she's french, it doesn't count!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 AM) : 

You really ought to come down to the University of Virginia--we might be slightly southern and removed from the general urban rush, but the students here definitely know how to dress creatively...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:06 AM) : 

I love this photo, LOVE the shoes, her smile and fun attitude, but if it's cold enough for this very thick, big scarf, I'd have to believe it's just too cold for those open shoes. I mean, apparently not because she's wearing them, but...
It's a great photo, the heavy scarf/open, strappy shoes thing keeps annoying me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:21 AM) : 

Post more Yale pics!!!! I know you have them...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:36 AM) : 

Hah!
My mom used to work and go to school in this building; I used to live less than three miles from here! I still go back to New Haven for the pizza (Michael Angelo's being the best, but since it burned down, Modern comes in a close second). Great shot, glad to see you made it to my old stomping grounds... Do yourself a favor and head over to the Secretary's Office for some shooting, provides a great backdrop.

To Jack Daniel -
Yale is located in New Haven, Connecticut and much of the main city is built around the campus. It's a beautiful place and I'm proud to call it my hometown.

 

Blogger emoney said ... (11:37 AM) : 

i love this! I'm really happy to see normal college kids like me on the site. If you're ever in Boston you should stalk my school, Emerson College, I see so many sartorial looks walking to and from class every day.

 

Blogger emoney said ... (11:38 AM) : 

i love this! I'm really happy to see normal college kids like me on the site. If you're ever in Boston you should stalk my school, Emerson College, I see so many sartorial looks walking to and from class every day.

 

Blogger AM said ... (11:39 AM) : 

Ugh, there's nothing more annoying than someone who is beautiful, fashionable, and a good student. :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:58 AM) : 

4 words: skidmore. college. art. students.

wonderfully stylish an original sans the pretensiousness of some of our, ahem, big city counterparts

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:06 PM) : 

Channeling Emmanuel Alt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 PM) : 

That scarf isn't heavy at all. You can see in the blow-up that it is very thin material. I think the scarf is really beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:11 PM) : 

I'm sick of leggings too, but I have to say this is much better than the sloppy pajama pants/sweatpants/holey jeans/oversized T-shirts that dominate college campuses. Nobody at my college was that chic, except for me. :D

T.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:28 PM) : 

she looks oh so french...and as im living in Geneva I get this look pretty much everyday.
are u only taking pictures from european exchange students at yale ? I want to see some classic american looks!

 

Blogger andante said ... (12:38 PM) : 

I love the background of this photo! The colors are so joli and I like that bare tree. Like the colors in her outfit as well. They coordinate with the pavement well.

 

Blogger coolsisters said ... (12:40 PM) : 

Very fab. Brains, Beauty, and Style. What a combination.

 

Blogger stacy said ... (12:41 PM) : 

there's nothing a little leather bomber can't jazz up?

i wish the leggings were a bit shorter, showing off the shoes even more.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:44 PM) : 

The backdrop of the photo is nice, and her smile is really cute, but as for the outfit itself...I feel like it could be out of an Urban Outfitter's catalogue. Not very inspiring.
Or maybe I'm just biased because I don't like the leggings, no pants/skirt combo.

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (12:46 PM) : 

I think taking more photos of the styles found on campuses would be a wonderful idea.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:58 PM) : 

you're at yale! oh my! i should roam the streets until i find you. come to the art school. we're stylin' over here! and, per usual, great shot! and i love the guy too. i see him around. smashing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:00 PM) : 

I love this outfit and wished more students did it regularly. In college, I lose the drive to look nice because everyone is the same preppy cut-out.

And since we're making Ivy League requests, Princeton? We're closer to NYC than Providence, Cornell, and New Haven.

 

Blogger dwashington314@gmail.com said ... (1:01 PM) : 

She's a cutie. I hate leggings but for a student trying to keep warm and be stylish it works. I'm not sure how warm those shoes are however.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:20 PM) : 

Anonymous 11:06 - it's very much a New England trait that it's never too cold for open, strappy shoes. Somehow weather-appropriate footwear admits defeat, while scarves can be excellent accessories no matter what.

That being said, the opposing silver-toned shoes and gold-toned scarf do throw me for a loop. Otherwise, I agree with someone who posted earlier - I wish my campus cared to look this good.

 

Blogger zach said ... (1:23 PM) : 

Looks like she's hiding a great smile underneath that scarf.

I agree elle, leggings need to go away for a while. It's getting ridiculous...esp on college campuses

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:36 PM) : 

Go to Pratt. It's not far (Brooklyn), but you'll definitely find great and unusual subjects. The beautiful sculptures scattered about the campus also makes it a unique setting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:05 PM) : 

i dont like the scarf with the outfit...she could have gone for something a bit more complimentary..it just looks out of place.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:14 PM) : 

LOVE the leather jacket and patterned scarf. I just saw a jacket exactly like hers selling on eBay yesterday! She looks adorable.

 

Blogger ThePromenader said ... (2:33 PM) : 

Dear Scott,

Good to see you back at work in NY - coming to Paris anytime soon?

Take care,

Sefu.

 

Blogger suzannemarques said ... (2:50 PM) : 

love that big scarf... when it's cold it's fun to hide your chin in one. gives her an air of mystery & playfulness.

i wish it were still cold in Los Angeles, just so i could dress with those great layers.

i still like leggings. they are comfortable!

 

Blogger perch said ... (2:56 PM) : 

I LOVE HER

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:03 PM) : 

is that Chloe shoes? on a student budget?

love the relaxed way she looks in srtipe top and leather jacket. the color combniation (bag, top, scarf and jacket and shoes) looks sofisticated. shoes are central point in my view.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:16 PM) : 

this picture rocks! I love love the jacket with the shirt. And the shoes with the scarf I think works because of the jacket.

Scott, amongst all the suggestions for college shooting up here, if you're ever in Boston, Wellesley College just outside the city has some ladies who dazzle. Would love to see some of them up here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:31 PM) : 

Agreed - Providence, with the Brown and RISD kids, is where its at.

 

Blogger pheodosia said ... (3:38 PM) : 

I think there are some interesting elements in this outfit - I like the subtlety of colors - but I agree about the leggings. They just look cheap to me in general, and this is no exception. To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed with the Yale selection - I was hoping for some smart, awkward boy who does pleated pants really well!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:38 PM) : 

the photo/backround is great.

the outfit to me is kind of a yawn though.
Great scarf, but not super original.

the guy below though, is great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:48 PM) : 

If she is French, the scarf is just a way of life. Love the look and the shot!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:09 PM) : 

i love the top half but am am very anti tights as pants. sorry

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:15 PM) : 

wow, really? this is one of the few calls i've disagreed with. she looks good, but i don't find her style particularly interesting. i guess can see how it might look more chic in person though, and she does have a great smile -- you seem to have a way with finding those...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:16 PM) : 

i'm with you, anonymous 10:13!

 

Blogger JRenee said ... (4:20 PM) : 

I love that you are expanding your teritory and showing the world that there are fashionable people everywhere. I think it would be interesting for you to go to the south. I love seeing these young fashionable kids with the freedom to express.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:25 PM) : 

I am not a fan of the leggings, but I do adore the layered look and three strapped shoes. If you are still in Connecticut, you should head down to Wesleyan University. Quite close to to New Haven actually.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:27 PM) : 

Wow, I'm surprised with 10:11, there are countless girls around my school dressed just like this. It's cute, but not out of the ordinary, I am not really inspired. It's a nice ensemble, but not at all original.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:02 PM) : 

Come to Coral Gables, Florida!

 

Blogger Scott W said ... (5:12 PM) : 

I hate flats, but those are cute.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:12 PM) : 

love that scarf!! <333

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:32 PM) : 

it looks like autumn because the weather has been pretty crappy the past few days here in the tri state area ... although is nice

enough about the weather

i'm not a fan of the legging look under a shirt unless it works, and this does because the leggings go to the ankle and the t shirt is so big. the contrast f th colors/patterns/fabrics also help too. the shoes i don't know about -- although i do like them, maybe just not for this look though. and she looks adorable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:24 PM) : 

with all the call for a university tour (i wouldn't mind a stop in ann arbor, eh?) it should be pointed out that, at least at michigan, this is the uniform: leggings, scarf, longchamp and flats. you'll find two dozen permutations in a two minute walk across the diag, because really, leggings in college are the easiest thing in the world. but it must be said this girl did a much better job with color and print than the other 23 girls you might pass (who are probably adorned in sorority garb).
and her hair is so charming.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:20 PM) : 

Honestly, I think this looks typical and definitely not unique. The shot itself is perfection as usual, but the outfit is not.

 

Blogger George A. said ... (7:31 PM) : 

Awesome look. Please do come to Bowdoin College in Maine - there are many people who try to dress really well up here!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:33 PM) : 

@peace: I second that University of Virginia comment.

Be sure to let us know if you make it this way :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:35 PM) : 

I prefer this look on the Olsen Twins, but she doesn't look bad.

-AM

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:35 PM) : 

This is so strange! It looks like all the stuff people wear over here is Melbourne! I guess students dress similarly all over the world... She looks great though!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:56 PM) : 

I second the motion that you should hop on the train and come to Brown. With RISD right next door, you have limitless photo ops for fashion-savvy students. We know how to dress over here in Providence...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:58 PM) : 

You could always try Melbourne, Australia......

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:58 PM) : 

alright all, she's not french, she's american. and its still pretty chilly here at yale, so stop banging the scarf/ jacket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:03 PM) : 

you are FIERCE!!!!!!!!!!!

U know who wrote this !!!!!

:)

 

Blogger Rose said ... (8:03 PM) : 

I have no problem with the sockless look. At a certain point, one is ready for spring, and the socks have to go.

Besides, if you can't break the rules while in college, when?

Dress to make yourself happy, not others. This photo says that to me...

 

Blogger Lady Apple said ... (8:16 PM) : 

cute shoes!!!

 

Blogger kee kee said ... (8:23 PM) : 

O-M-G I want that scarf! I like how she's comfortable in her outfit and she made it seem effortless, means she probably didn't take a few hours to get ready for uni/ college unlike some other girls (not trying to generalise) that wants to dress and impress guys. I don't have anything negative to say about this outfit so THE END!

 

Blogger p8ntr said ... (8:23 PM) : 

I agree that you should come to Melbourne - anytime of year would be good, but during the Spring Racing Carnival (October - November) would be ideal. The whole city goes into a fashion frenzy and it would be exciting to see through your eyes. They could give Carson Kressley the year off and you could help judge the racing day fashions..

 

Blogger Kati said ... (8:42 PM) : 

I agree with the last comment--if you can't dress funky in college, when can you? Who cares that she doesn't look "perfect"? I think this look is great--easy, unpretentious (the scarf is fun)... I think I may have gone with either a swoopier tee, skinny blue jeans, or stack heels, though... I want to go to an ivy league!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 PM) : 

yes!! please come to risd! you'll definitely see some interesting styles here...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:52 PM) : 

I'm with Marie, every girl at Michigan dresses like this. I broke uniform by wearing heels yesterday and three people mentioned it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:26 PM) : 

you should come to UC Irvine! seriously, tons of fashionable students around. people always joke that going to class is like going to a fashion show.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:41 PM) : 

Her regal looking brocade scarf is accented well with the modern stripes! Also, the proportion of the two shirts and the jacket is spot on.

University is a unique place where pretty much everything, including style, is thought about on a deeper level. I would definitely be interested in a book of people in all different situations with their pictures and thoughts on style (hint, hint).

Well done!

 

Blogger chris said ... (9:55 PM) : 

Have to say...why leggings ever because fashionable....I have NO idea...but she is wearing fabulous shoes and not Ughs (which seems to be a way too prominent theme at McGill in Montreal...although mounds of snow make them somewhat more practical).

I also love the jacket but I feel the scarf is what makes the look. the scarf, I think, is one of the best fashion accents! And living in Montreal it is a great accessory that is done very well..... and often!

Chris.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 PM) : 

if you think yalies are well dressed, you most definitely have to get to providence and visit the best dressed ivy, Brown University

 

Blogger Colin Flora said ... (10:29 PM) : 

Don't know if anyone commented on this yet, but I like the way her shoe straps echo the stripes in her sweater. And the cool tones work well offset against her black tights and jacket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 PM) : 

i echo others above- i am sick of leggings. i love her look on the top, however - all the proportions work well. i like jazz pants for the same comfort as leggings, but they look more attractive with their slight flare at the bottom - still skin tight everywhere else!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 PM) : 

Yea University of Virginia is definitely worth a visit. although the majority of the population are preppy, the ones that dresses well here truly knows how to dress. I promise you won't be disappointed.

 

Blogger suzee said ... (10:45 PM) : 

Hey Sart if you ever come down to Boston, visit MassArt!

 

Blogger Jerome O'Brien said ... (10:46 PM) : 

I agree that the legging trend has gotten a bit out of hand, but let's give her a break. I mean, at least she's not wearing dumb cotton athletic shorts and a college sweatshirt like most students in America! She looks incredible and the shoes are to die for.

As a side note - such a great shot. That little thing she's doing with her hand is super cute! And how is it that the pavement is even tiled perfectly? Like a different raindrop hit each "tile" and colored it in it's own special way. Gorgeous. You always find the perfect scene.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:25 PM) : 

I love this look! The colors, the patterns, the textures. Its so simplistic, yet playful with the metallic ballets.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 PM) : 

VOGUE VOGUE VOGUE

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:37 PM) : 

love the shoes!! and the peacoat on Old campus in the previous photo.
And now I am a little homesick for New Haven! So, did you buy a little something for yourself at J. Squeeze?!
:-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:16 AM) : 

I like leggings for yoga, and since I am a yoga teacher, I have to wear them a lot. I always use them like tights, and wear a skirt over them and then put on a great pair of shoes or boots.

Her look is cute and comfortable, and thankfully not sweats.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 AM) : 

where's the S/S '08 vibe?!? Those universities seriously can not be lacking in that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 AM) : 

This is a beautiful picture. For everyone who loves the top half but is so keen on trashing the leggings, can you please tell me what kind of bottoms would have looked better with these same top layers?
Skinny jeans are the only other thing that comes to mind for me, and even those I feel would turn this outfit into something that could just as easily almost be seen on a guy...not that there's anything wrong with that type of look either, but...I just think there are certain outfits where leggings really ARE the best choice. They are almost like the ultimate neutral...when you have something really awesome going on up top you don't want some stupid pants distracting from it on the bottom. And also, she is a student. She's allowed to be comfortable! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:14 AM) : 

I love it! Terrific job mixing the paisley with the stripes, which is not easy to pull off. plus she's pretty...

 

Blogger architectonica said ... (1:49 AM) : 

Sart, come to Cornell! you'll find great backdrops for your shots, and the Arts Quad-GreenDragon area would give you really interesting material.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:15 AM) : 

She and the shot is cute, no doubt! But this look Im used to... This is how most of the teenage girls in Sweden are dressed: big scarf, striped t-shirt, leggings, ballerina shoes and leather jacket (Marlon Brando cut).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:38 AM) : 

wow! i read your blog and am a yale student...can't believe i missed you!

 

Blogger Vestis Spectator said ... (6:57 AM) : 

Leggings are great, I think, and they are worn a LOT on college campuses. This is a great example of a cute way to wear them. At University of Maryland, there are a lot of leggings with big Sorority sweatshirts, but not in a fun throw-back 80s way.

 

Blogger Sonia said ... (7:25 AM) : 

I miss college...its a great time to find your style...she looks amazing...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:57 AM) : 

although I like her look, I feel like both she and the fellow pictured below are nothing really out of the ordinary, as far as student style goes. perhaps it's just because I attend an art school, but I feel like I see these outfits every day. It's not that I don't like them, I just don't find them unique, really. Nice shots, though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 AM) : 

I love this look. Very real, comfortable, stylish, achievable, and the scarf is gorgeous. I'm wondering where she grew up...she has a sense about her that is European.

Sart, are you conscious of details like the wonderful colors of the walkway as you shoot, or is choosing backgrounds second nature at this point in your photography?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:08 PM) : 

Come to Emory University in Atlanta, GA, Sart!!! We have very varied dressers and live in a funky, southern city. We'd love to have you

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:18 PM) : 

I like this, but it's unremarkable. This is what typical students wear every day to class at my university. Come to Georgetown next time!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:23 PM) : 

Yes, go to Providence! I graduated from RISD but haven't been back to visit in years. Providence is a little gem of a town. SO funky. Between NYC and Boston. Just remember to distinguish the pretentious ones from the ones with effortless cool. Oh, and go to Boston too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:44 PM) : 

the view from my former window... (although this is not realistic - where is the navy blue hoodie that 70% of yale kids wear to class? perhaps she knew you were in town.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:21 PM) : 

go to harvard! there was tons of great style of this sort when i was there as an undergrad not too long ago...am on the west coast right now and really miss dressing up!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:55 PM) : 

She's a cutie. I agree with the other students that Sart should do a college tour for the best dressed campus :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:10 PM) : 

I like the shoes, but overall I think this look is just too played out. Uninspired. I am glad to see volume coming back (most recent photo) however, as one user commented, I'd love to see an attention to construction and tailoring in women's clothes. Baggy shirts and leggings AHHHH!!!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:01 PM) : 

love this shot-- especially the way the sheen on her fabulous flats complements the light reflected on her jacket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:10 PM) : 

Hm yes this is very typical for college students...Not my college as Auburn, Alabama is not exactly known for fashion. Being from San Francisco I have daily cringes and would happily paste over their outfits with this one.

As for the leggings trend? That will go away when I wake up at 7 in the morning to walk 20 minutes for a 3 hour lecture and really want to put on tight jeans...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:42 PM) : 

You really capture the characters you shoot. Please come to Dartmouth!!! We have such wild variety of styles here, you'd love us.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:16 AM) : 

the shoes are what make this outfit.. i do like it though. not everything has to scream. it's definitely something i would wear. i really like the jacket too. i agree though the leggings have to go!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:26 AM) : 

As a specimen of the F/W 07 Balenciaga trickledown effect reaching the ivy league this ensemble is fascinating. The play of the highly wound print scarf with the contrasting print of the stripe topped with a shrunken leather jacket stands in place of the constricting blazer that would have been too formal here. The leggings (which so many have said are too casual only shows she's succeeded in translating high fashion to street) are capturing the silhouette of the jodhpur pant without the pricetag. Does this help explain the longevity of the legging I wonder? Finally, the shoe. Instead of Ghesquiere's towering athletic-techno sandals she's successfully injected the sci-fi futurism aesthetic in the simplicity of a metallic ballet sneaker. It's fall in Paris reimagined on the American eastcoast campus, made both wearable and student-budget friendly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:26 PM) : 

I love that the look is casual, functional, and stylish. Its nice to see a girl who looks good, but not like she's trying to hard. And I like the tights. She wears them well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:00 PM) : 

VASSAR VASSAR VASSAR!

come! So easy to get to from the city...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:24 PM) : 

I am a student living in Montreal, and, I must say, this look is nothing new...and, around these parts, the leggings-as-pants trend has definitely run its course. She looks nice, but there is nothing imaginative about this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:38 PM) : 

I, too, agree with the comments re: visiting the University of Virginia. It's not just the people -- the surroundings will blow you away!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:13 PM) : 

It's a great scarf/jacket, and I don't mind the leggings either.

And yes, come to Vassar! (though I don't really think people here have great style... either they're trying too hard or they look boring)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:45 PM) : 

leave it to the yale students to throw together months-old trends so hideously together. ballet flats, plastic-looking leather jacket, edie-sedgwick-ish striped shirt, scarf she probably picked up while shopping at the artist's market and which she probably haggled down to about 5 dollars. and are those leggings she's wearing as pants? somebody put her back in 2005. and the whole thing is made worse by her obnoxious expression which she is hiding underneath that scarf, which i assume hints at "i just got an a on my mechanical engineering exam." oh this is why i didn't go to yale. thank god for the new york ivy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:23 PM) : 

hmm, clearly yale is not exactly the hotpot of chic. but you didn't really expect that it would be, did you? as a columbia alum i recommend you pop over to barnard, where the girls really put the effort into effortless dressing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:51 AM) : 

i love the shoes!
i just wish that the top was a little bit longer and the leggings a little bit looser.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:42 PM) : 

come to montreal and play around on the McGill campus for a little while... yeah there may be a ton of uggs walking around, but there arent many other places in north america where you're going to have multiple feet of snow on the ground all the time. we've got european influences, scene kids, hippies, preps, jocks... and everything in between. everyone looks great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:05 PM) : 

I agree one of the posters above...while she dresses well, it is to a certain extent standard fair for bougie colleges these days.

Of all the colleges I've ever visited in New England (which are quite a few), Wesleyan University definitely had the most interesting fashion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:24 AM) : 

Everyone knows the hippest students are in BOSTON. (And believe it or not, MIT can make the list as well as Harvard, Yale, Princeton!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:04 PM) : 

i'm gonna have to second providence as one of the only new england cities worth visiting for fashion. we have some great characters at RISD (and the advice from the previous RISD poster is valid) and i've seen some good fashion at brown as well. it's worth stopping by if you're ever going up to boston during school months.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:29 PM) : 

I went to school with her when I was younger, she's not European or a foreign exchange student! She's half Mexican-half American and was born and raised in the US. :-) But she did go to an international school where the European style of clothing may have rubbed off on her. And she was always interested in fashion. I like her outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:40 PM) : 

that's sofia cavallo, she went to the french lycee in manhattan. i interned with her one summer at vogue.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting