This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

The Reward Of A Really Good Coat, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, April 04, 2008

The Reward Of A Really Good Coat, Paris

Comments on "The Reward Of A Really Good Coat, Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 AM) : 

this is half an outfit. where is the bottom half?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 AM) : 

If this was me, I would obsess over the length of jacket because
I would NEVER go out of the house looking like I had forgotten to put on my skirt. I would change my outfit rather than look this vulnerable.

In my opinion she needs a longer coat or a hint of skirt or shorts.

Also needs more colour

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:26 AM) : 

so beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:32 AM) : 

That is a really good coat! Also like the buttons of the coat and the hardware of the bag polishing up the look. The dark green in the fabric adds subtle interest.She looks very put together and nicely framed between the columns.

~ Miss Mary

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (10:55 AM) : 

I love love love her look! Wow!

 

Blogger Fashion Tidbits said ... (11:25 AM) : 

i love the colour of it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:33 AM) : 

i strive to look this cute - i would really like to knew where she got the shoes from.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:56 AM) : 

She knows what's she's doing. She's got nerve as well. My grandfather would have called her a salope.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:11 PM) : 

the outfit's great, but she herself looks boring. this is the first time I can remember the looks of the person in one of your photos not living up to the look of the outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:25 PM) : 

I wish I could wear booties like these, but with my shoe size 9 and skinny legs, I just get a grandma leg effect.

 

Blogger jued keigh said ... (12:26 PM) : 

oh, oh, oh. (to touch and feel very good velvet, ah... lolz). it's in my favorite color. pure love. hee. :)

 

Blogger damnko said ... (1:01 PM) : 

is it just me, the lighting, or is the graininess (esp around this beautiful lady's face) the result of a different camera than you usually shoot with?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:23 PM) : 

The coat is great, but I'm fawning over those boots! What a great silhouette...and the coat's length is just perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:29 PM) : 

It is a great coat. But I also think that there's a direct correlation between the amount of shapely, black-tighted leg a woman shows and her chance of appearing here :-).

 

Blogger mette said ... (1:49 PM) : 

She is really pretty,petite and her booties look interesting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:29 PM) : 

To Anonymous 11:56 I couldn't even Google "Salope" with my filtering on. It's perjorative.

Anyway this jacket is completely boring and the look leaves me flat................

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:03 PM) : 

To Pandora: This is as colourful as Paris gets, EVER.

 

Blogger c said ... (3:23 PM) : 

I think the coat only looks short because of the way it is designed and where the buttons are placed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:34 PM) : 

Striking in black. This photo is lovely, Sart. Wonderful look!

W

 

Blogger Playing Fashion said ... (6:25 PM) : 

wow, nice

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:53 PM) : 

Did you switch to Nikon? Love the image, but it has alot of noise.

 

Blogger Anniq said ... (10:03 PM) : 

the emerald green is beautiful!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:06 AM) : 

she looks very nice. the hair flows so beautifully, soft against the structured coat

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:17 AM) : 

That is a really unique coat. Elements of both the classic and modern... I especially love the button and pocket placement.

I don't think the coat is too short at all, actually. I think she makes it work. Now, if she were wearing anything less on her legs, that'd be a different (and chilly) story. ^^;;

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:49 AM) : 

No way Veronique, we've seen people in Paris wearing purple and blue and fucsia...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:58 AM) : 

love love love the colour of the coat!

also thot you might want to know that you're the reason i cant focus at work. stumbled onto your blog last week and am hopelessly addicted.

 

Blogger Brightlightwarriornika said ... (10:22 AM) : 

~~~Lovely~~~

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 AM) : 

great image, perfect, are those stockings or tights? love the shoes...id pull that off with tights

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 AM) : 

breathtakingly beautiful

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:53 PM) : 

I like this. The jacket is a bit short, but that's why I like it. It gives the sense that she doesn't worry too much about what other people think but is only concerned with how she feels in her clothes.
Also notice she's not very tall. I'm short also, so I know from personal experience that coats that fall between the knee and hips with bare (no pants I mean) legs make a short person look stocky. This is a good length for her and kudos for not wearing something safe like shorts underneath.

 

Blogger Hannah said ... (9:44 PM) : 

I will always love black on black, no matter the exact pieces. An interesting silhouette is enough for me.

xoxo,
a fashion loving-music blogger

 

Blogger Jerome O'Brien said ... (11:47 PM) : 

She is perfect. Everything is exactly right here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:49 AM) : 

does this coat have a ton of texture or am i just seeing noise?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:51 AM) : 

I like leggings but I don't think I would put it together quite like this. The outfit looks half done. But, beautiful girl.

 

Blogger Pleasant Village Community Garden said ... (9:01 AM) : 

And the reward is....what...?

 

Blogger amyw said ... (12:16 PM) : 

I love how every piece of the outfit is black. It's very stark yet very powerful! And to wear that coat without anything else = nerve. One has to have nerve in fashion.

 

Blogger Agyesh said ... (3:03 PM) : 

the outfit is almost there... Only a few small elements missing. I would say a brooch (with a tinge of colour in it) and a thin linen scarf of a dull grey colour would complete the outfit for me...

A co worker of mine, Susan, pulls of this outfit with pure panache and i think its the little addition of colour that does it for her.

 

Blogger Camilla said ... (4:31 PM) : 

Lovely

 

Blogger Lady Apple said ... (4:33 PM) : 

she's cute & leaves me wondering what she could possibly have on under that. haha

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:12 PM) : 

BTW I think her coat is dark green not black.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:13 PM) : 

I think her coat is green not black

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:42 AM) : 

Beautiful face and the pose on her face is perfect. It wouldn't be the same if she were smiling: now she looks hot, she looks like she knows it and isn't much bothered waht you think. I like that.

Energie

 

Blogger bomb.ass.ting said ... (3:47 PM) : 

This is the type of look that the 2000s will be remembered by. The late 2000s at least. Always a good look for many girls.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:45 PM) : 

Love this coat, want to buy my girl one! Its a fantastic look..the black tights against the white of the paving looks great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:14 PM) : 

Someone is going to have to explain to me why this is a good coat. I'm not saying that she doesn't look good rather just what are the basics of a good coat.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:29 PM) : 

This daring look inspired my outfit today: black opaque tights; black zippered ankle booties; royal blue grecian pleated, waist tied, cap sleeve, ultra short jersey dress.

Literally yours was the photo I had in my head when I got dressed. Normally I would feel shy to go so short, but I realized I loved it on this woman so much I should try it myself. Thanks!

 

Blogger theuptownlife said ... (9:39 PM) : 

for me i think it just blends in. not in wallpaper effect, but with a hint of "hey i'm different". her almost expressionless or cool look gives that effect as well. i adore her ankle boots, so chic!

maybe she's wearing a mini skirt/dress/shorts. i love it. :)

 

Blogger couturiette said ... (10:21 PM) : 

I love this. The minimal black tights on bottom balance the heaviness of the coat. Also, beautiful photography work in capturing that sole strand of hair blowing in the wind. Wonderful image!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:19 PM) : 

forget the outfit, even though it is well executed...she is gorgeous and poetic, so much expression in the face

 

Blogger RC Gray said ... (5:45 AM) : 

she's so waif-like. i love that she seems devoured by the coat.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:35 AM) : 

This is gorgeous! And her pale look goes very well with it!

 

Blogger Badá Rock said ... (9:12 AM) : 

I don't like short boots.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting