This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....The Power Of T, Milan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, April 04, 2008

On the Street.....The Power Of T, Milan

For me, this is all about the attitude that a specific shoe can create for an entire look.

I think the feeling of this look would be completely different without the t-strap.

Comments on "On the Street.....The Power Of T, Milan"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:42 AM) : 

Absolutely, the shoes set the tone. There is nothing more telling than the shoes! Viva zapatos!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 AM) : 

I like the coat and the shoes.
The bow at the neck is kind of aging.
Overall it needs more colour. It;s a little dowdy.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (10:56 AM) : 

Great shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 AM) : 

Yes, the T strap makes a difference! That, with the belt and hair put up, looks controlled but the effect is quietly sexy. Love the bits of brown with the black. Not crazy about the hand bag, even though it compliments the outfit, but that is just my preference. Also love the leather jacket on the woman, with the bikes (scooters?) in the background. Fun.

~ Miss Mary

 

Blogger Little Shirley Beans said ... (11:36 AM) : 

i think its hard to get a feel for the whole look because it is so dark. but that little green leather purse, oh i just love it! the shoes are great, but the purse is key for me.

 

Blogger Sharona said ... (11:39 AM) : 

I think she's very striking. I love the ease of the uncontrived/simple updo and the classic sophistication in her pieces. And the shoes are beautifully matched to make the outfit. I also love the leather jacket, rather than having used a blazer or something more predictable.

 

Blogger a girl dreaming of a wild, dangerous life tinged with anarchy said ... (11:51 AM) : 

they are gorgeous shoes. i have the same but not t-bar, and.. well, now i've seen these, they just aren't as good. i like this whole look but the wrap skirt isn't perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 PM) : 

I got shoes just like these from Repetto.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:25 PM) : 

Sart, you nailed it. Details make the difference!

 

Blogger Mare said ... (1:09 PM) : 

i love this. she took a simple outfit and accessorized the hell out of it - looks GREAT!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:33 PM) : 

this is such a good pulled together look, I think she thought of everything. What drew my eye was the red ribbon on her handbag and the colour of her belt being similar to the shoes. I love the mixing of subdued colours and the way there can so much going on with the outfit without it looking heavy or over done.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (1:39 PM) : 

Love her jewelry and the red ribbon on her little suitcase bag, as well as the T-straps. Great details!

 

Blogger rebeccacalvetti said ... (2:36 PM) : 

Does anyone recognize the sunglasses? They're adorable.

 

Blogger O!Lightning said ... (3:53 PM) : 

very felini film to my eye.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:59 PM) : 

I'm in love with the short trench and the bag. Really dig the orange Hermés ribbon too, it's kind of an obvious understatement.

-AM

 

Blogger Emily said ... (4:08 PM) : 

I love the t-straps! That's my favorite shoe style. I agree with the previous poster, except that I think her blouse has color that's covered by the jacket.

I do dig this look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:36 PM) : 

God, how I love this. Modern but with a peeking at past centuries: hair, tstrap shoes, box-purse. Feminine in 1000%.

 

Blogger stephen said ... (4:46 PM) : 

I like it. Lots of fun shapes.

It's all about the orange ribbon.

 

Blogger Kat said ... (4:58 PM) : 

I love the red ribbon on the bag, it's thoughtful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:03 PM) : 

I have always loved T staps!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:41 PM) : 

She looks nice and neatly dressed.

But I think her pose is a bit affected. Or maybe you caught her at an odd moment?

 

Blogger Sabrina said ... (6:50 PM) : 

This look is in the accessories. The combination of the shoes, glasses and bag give it that quirky librarian-chic look.

 

Blogger La Fille en Rose said ... (7:26 PM) : 

that bag is so enviable...looks like a mini suitcase!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 PM) : 

simply gorgeous! in love with her pretty stylish shoes. very stylish.

 

Blogger Anniq said ... (10:06 PM) : 

the hard cover purse it so amazing!! For me it is the best part about the outfit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 PM) : 

Wow. The look is somehow more than the sum of its parts. And I disagree that the colour is dowdy: there is actually a lot going on colourwise; brightness is not needed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:30 AM) : 

she is adorable

 

Blogger Anna-Lyssa said ... (11:30 AM) : 

for me it's the necklace.
without it, the outfit just wouldn't shine so.

 

Blogger Ann (MobayDP) said ... (12:56 PM) : 

You know...the shoes didn't grab me as much as it grabbed you.

But that little bag! That made me open the picture and go, "Oooh!"
:^)

That's odd for me because I hardly ever notice bags.

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (7:03 PM) : 

i love this look so much -its so my kind of style!!
i agree Sart the shoes are perfect - the colour the detail and I do love T-strap heels...gorgeous girl!!

 

Blogger Jerome O'Brien said ... (1:06 AM) : 

I LOVE her. The shoes are great and how perfect is that little red ribbon upon her tiny suitcase/handbag? I always put a red ribbon that looks exactly like this one on my luggage before traveling so as to keep an easy eye out for it at the baggage claim.

Anyway, she's perfect. Great shot, Sart!

 

Blogger maggieescargot said ... (8:49 AM) : 

as my friend was trying to teach me physics, i saw this picture and instantaneously thought about this friday:
after two treacherous weeks of my half-yearly examinations, i finally go shopping.
i've been saving up for a decent pair of shoes, and those just might be it.
(cept maybe in black, though brown goes well with black tights (Y)

:D

 

Blogger caroline said ... (10:05 AM) : 

I have very similar shoes from Target-- they are my absolute favorite and I get so many compliments when I wear them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:13 PM) : 

uhmmm.. it's just ordinary milan ;)

agirlfromilan

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:08 AM) : 

old style but modern!
she is so preatty and sexy! ,-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:11 AM) : 

old style but modern!
she is so pretty and sexy! ,-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:37 PM) : 

yeah, this girl "gets 'it"...

ELEMENTS OF SARTORIAL SUCCESS:

1. trench (her's is short),

2. black tights,

3. dark shades,

4. scarf,

5. longer hair put up top of head.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:23 PM) : 

Gorgeous! One of my favourite pictures on your blog!

Have you visited Toronto, Canada?!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting