This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

The Sartorialist in Fantastic Man #7

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

The Sartorialist in Fantastic Man #7



I am so honored to be profiled in the new issue of Fantastic Man.
We shot this the day I was leaving for Europe to shoot the men's collections. I am surprised I look so relaxed in some of the shots because I hate doing anything the day I leave for a big trip. We were actually just pulling looks out of my suitcase.

Tim Blanks did a beautiful job writing the story. A lot of the profiles I have done in the past tell you the facts about what I am doing but Tim really captured why I am doing The Sartorialist.

Comments on "The Sartorialist in Fantastic Man #7"

 

Blogger nick said ... (7:16 PM) : 

amazing, congrats, looks great!

 

Blogger Chesing said ... (7:18 PM) : 

You seem to be not wearing a watch, Sart. Don't you normally wear one?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:20 PM) : 

you look as good as anyone you shoot.
these shots are really great. it could be 1948 or 2008. you're timeless.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:21 PM) : 

debonair

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:28 PM) : 

Hey Sart, you look sharp. The b&w suits you. You do 'American' just great: squarish and fine, well turned-out. Congrats!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:32 PM) : 

I'm truly impressed that Tim Blanks (probably one of the best fashion writers of our time) was chosen to write about you. When it comes to fashion Canada is one usually the kid on the sidelines who doesn't get picked but with people like Tim Canada is starting to get the Fashion street-cred we deserve.
Thank you for showing support for Tim and acknowledging just how talented this man really is.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:32 PM) : 

I only caught on to this site about a month ago, but I've been through the archive, and I LOVE IT. Congrats on the success, and thank you! You look great!

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (7:50 PM) : 

very CaryGrantesque but totally now!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:11 PM) : 

You are amazing! Congratulations!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:18 PM) : 

you look good, Schuman.

Nice vodka campaign you got going all over the place too.... ;P

 

Blogger yave said ... (8:25 PM) : 

IMPRESIONANTE!
U bet ur sartorial ass i'm gonna buy it... hahaha sorry!
Congrats!

 

Blogger Torben Scharling said ... (8:28 PM) : 

I hate to say it, but those pic's of you are awesome...I want that suit! :D

 

Blogger g.lock said ... (8:28 PM) : 

congrats bud!

 

Blogger PadThaiNYC said ... (8:46 PM) : 

It's about time Scott....about time.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:48 PM) : 

absolutely delicious!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:11 PM) : 

you know my first thought when looking at the first picture was Tom Hanks look alike and the second was Lance Armstrong....your handsome :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:22 PM) : 

Sharp and sexy, congrats Sart! You really are a style superstar, well deserved too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:28 PM) : 

Congratulations - I look forward to reading Blanks' description of your efforts. The seated photo is great - the B&W gives it the feel that perhaps this is an old-school-Hollywood on-set, off-camera moment. nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:34 PM) : 

You look fantastic! Congrats!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:37 PM) : 

just as dashing as any man who's been in front of your own camera.

is there anywhere to read the whole profile online?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:38 PM) : 

Sart,

Congratulations on the magazine article.

Please consider different sizes for your photos/exhibits - I think some will have bigger impact if in larger size (close to full scale).

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:40 PM) : 

http://www.fantasticmanmagazine.com/

i see that they have the last issue online, so hopefully this one will be up there soon.

 

Blogger np0804 said ... (9:44 PM) : 

I will look forward to the new Fantastic Man even more keenly than usual.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:50 PM) : 

Congratulations!

Can't wait to hear more about your India trip.

 

Blogger Super Milk-Chan said ... (10:00 PM) : 

These photos of you are wonderful. They look really classic.
I've never heard of the magazine, but I'll be looking for it now. Congratulations!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:13 PM) : 

I'm glad you're getting the recognition you deserve.

Your blog is such a guiding force in my life when it comes to fashion. At 16 years old, I'm constantly surrounded by people who wear whatever gets them attention. Your photographs remind me to keep it classy and stay true to my personality. Thank you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 PM) : 

you are the man! are you a jewish kid from the burbs who is self made or a german aristocrat? the first would be more impressive.

 

Blogger a reference said ... (10:37 PM) : 

You're cute. Now I've seen you two times: Debating whether to take my photo or not. (You didn't---tre cool---tre cool.) The first time I was walking down Mercer and the second time I was walking up that street between starbucks and balthy's (adjacent to spring). And I was always like who's that creep eyeing me up and down. I guess I've never seen a photo of you.....but next time get ready, because I've got my own blog now and a snazzy new camera. Tee hee hee. tis like a real life game of "where's waldo?" or should i say "wear scott."

 

Blogger a reference said ... (10:38 PM) : 

You're cute. Now I've seen you two times: Debating whether to take my photo or not. (You didn't---tre cool---tre cool.) The first time I was walking down Mercer and the second time I was walking up that street between starbucks and balthy's (adjacent to spring). And I was always like who's that creep eyeing me up and down. I guess I've never seen a photo of you.....but next time get ready, because I've got my own blog now and a snazzy new camera. Tee hee hee. tis like a real life game of "where's waldo?" or should i say "wear scott."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:49 PM) : 

Perhaps you are relaxed because you are impeccably attired...... lovely and inspiring.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:50 PM) : 

You photograph well, Mr. Schuman - very classy! I always like how you pay close attention to the details of an outfit.

 

Blogger J said ... (11:40 PM) : 

You are so great! Look at you in that second photo with that sexy dark suit and contrasting shirt, the sleeves poking out. So perfect!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 AM) : 

"Blah blah. Look at how great great I am. May I remind you, encore une fois?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:14 AM) : 

the first pic looks like its from the 50s, amazing! the second one is gorgeous-that is a beautiful suit you have. so classy! but i wouldn't have expected anything less!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:40 AM) : 

congrats..! great pics..u look sharp.

 

Blogger Alya said ... (1:56 AM) : 

Bravo! You deserve all the recognition Mr. Schuman!

Its about time someone took some photos of YOU, no?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:01 AM) : 

I love Fantastic Man and I love The Sartorialist. Two big thumbs up from me!
Can't wait to get the next issue in the mail :)
Great work!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:11 AM) : 

wow, you are incredibly hot. especially in the first photograph.

we need to see more pictures of you more often!

 

Blogger Rambling Hal said ... (2:22 AM) : 

Wonderful spread, wonderful lines, so GOOD to look at! Seriously yummy :)

 

Blogger cbkphotos said ... (2:28 AM) : 

congrats on the magazine!
thats soo amazing!
also congrats on the exhibition DC!
wish i can go!

 

Blogger Diana said ... (2:49 AM) : 

You look very ....."schneidig" Mr Schuman.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:57 AM) : 

You're Our Fantastic Man, Sart.

What a super hero!

-- desertwind

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:11 AM) : 

Elegant. The b&w snaps convey a sartorial sense of classic timelessness, or perhaps a sense of The Eternal Now. Certainly suggestive of 1948, if it weren't for the mobile. I miss the colours referenced in the captions. The suede monk straps are brill, btw.

T.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:40 AM) : 

im so glad sart!!
maybe is shud buy the mag.
cool~~

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:56 AM) : 

Wow! I'm a subscriber and look forward to receive the new issue of that great magazine.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:59 AM) : 

I think one thing your blog has made clear is that there is no 'sartorial perfection'... so i'd have to strongly disagree with the subtitle... but hot pics. What type of fabric is the pocket square?

-yup

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:46 AM) : 

Scott, I'm not one to bestow undue adulation on you personally, so it is with hesitation that I have to say that you look great in those pictures. And I cannot believe those are you own clothes, you look as good as the best sartrorialist you've ever shot (or maybe just slightly short of that, but only slightly). Oh and to Chesing: Sart never wears watches, he's said something about how they ruin the showing of the cuff, in the past.

Energie

 

Blogger marchingbandemporium said ... (5:23 AM) : 

Congratulations, and great pics of you. Interesting about "why" you do the Sartorialist. The way I see it is that you take pictures with such passion and belief that it becomes obvious why you do it if you look at your posts often enough, even if that can't always be expressed in words.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:31 AM) : 

You are!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:47 AM) : 

Cool.Good post.I like this blog.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:44 AM) : 

Many Congratulations! About time you start to get the recognition and acclamation you deserve!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:56 AM) : 

excellent- like a long lost relation of Cary Grant

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (7:09 AM) : 

That is amazing! Wow!
Congrats!!!

 

Blogger Nerine said ... (7:19 AM) : 

Congratulations, you deserve the recognition. I love your site.

 

Blogger G,fp said ... (7:25 AM) : 

Wow. Congrats, Scott! You truly came out as a Fantastic Man - not that we didn't know that before.
Keep up with the great work. Its a daily pleasure to see your **finds** on the streets.

 

Blogger Emily said ... (8:04 AM) : 

very dapper!

One of these days i'm going to sell my husband on the pocket square...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:20 AM) : 

Is that you, Noel Coward? I knew you were still with us!

 

Blogger biglakestyle said ... (8:23 AM) : 

Just perfect; especially shot against the pre-war interior detail.How did this magazine sneak up on me; I am an aggressive reader/blogger mag hunter; had never heard of it but found the website..very cool

 

Blogger Jaci S said ... (9:16 AM) : 

congrats! you have that Cary Grant feeling. swoon.

 

Blogger laia. said ... (9:31 AM) : 

Ah! Fantastic Man is such a great, great magazine and Tim Blanks is just the best! I will definitely have to buy this issue. Congratulations! You really deserve all the success.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:36 AM) : 

Congratulations Sart. These photographs are timeless, as someone mentioned before. Great job - indeed.
I wish I could read the story... [sigh]

 

Blogger Grace said ... (9:54 AM) : 

What a handsome devil you are! I love your classic style. Congrats on the recognition!

 

Blogger G said ... (10:03 AM) : 

Work it Mister Sartorialist!

You look great! Congrats; you should be modeling more!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 AM) : 

Very handsome!
For once you're on the other side of the camera.

 

Blogger Karmander said ... (10:31 AM) : 

you said "This navy suit by Cesare Attolini is one of the few items of clothing that actually makes me feel sexy."

Well, it's not hard to see why! I know this is supposed to be all about the clothes but Mr. Shuman, you are FINE. And i think the suit is only part of that ;-)

 

Blogger philip said ... (10:33 AM) : 

Congrats. You look totally fantastic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:41 AM) : 

Your head us HUGE bro.

 

Blogger Kelly said ... (10:42 AM) : 

I've got to say that as much as you compliment all the men you feature here, (and I know it would be vain to feature yourself), I still hold true that you, yourself are the epitome of absolute male sartorial perfection. You are wonderfully, timelessly handsome and you dress impeccably. It's about time we saw a feature on you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:50 AM) : 

Scott, you're very sexy - all the time, in whatever outfit.

Congrats on the feature!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:10 AM) : 

Excellent, how exciting! I will have to try and track down this issue.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:25 AM) : 

Congratulations! You look great in these photos, and I look forward to seeing the magazine.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:28 AM) : 

Sart, three cheers! You are as stylish as they come, and yes, you do look sexy in that suit!

Your blog has changed the way I get dressed in the morning, I can't afford the designer clothes but it has had a profound effect on my personal style, thank you so much!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:35 AM) : 

Congrats.I love Fantastic Man, just wish it came out more than twice a year. Can't wait to read it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:45 AM) : 

Dude, you ARE a fantastic man!

T

 

Blogger Thomas said ... (12:04 PM) : 

I'm predicting this will be the best selling issue yet. While I generally have a problem with Mr. Blanks' writing I'm sure your focused mission kept him on track.

I hope this answers the question - what does the Sartorialist himself wear?

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (12:29 PM) : 

Scott, congratulations. You look so Ivy in the photos! So fantastic, so fierce. Very clean-cut, very American. BTW, I laughed when I saw the heading: 'the street photographer.' It's such a mundane way to describe what you do, don't you think?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:29 PM) : 

both shots look great -- mind sharing which cut the polo suit is?

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (2:47 PM) : 

You look great, Sartorialist, only... are your trousers not a little short? Forgive me, it just looks that way to me. Congratulations on the profile.

 

Blogger Sam said ... (3:08 PM) : 

Great photos. Mazel Tov!

 

Blogger Bella07 said ... (3:30 PM) : 

you are fantastic. you make me want to live in each of your photos. you create a great desire and joy in me and looking at all your shots makes me want to close my eyes leave this mess of reality with worries and anger to imagine myself as that girl in your shot in paris, or milano, or new york or wherever you happen to be, even if it were to be in a " boring " place you capture joy you capture beauty you capture character, and it takes me somewhere great. thank you, you deserve all of your successes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:44 PM) : 

looks great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:48 PM) : 

Great photos. You're a good-looking guy Sart!

 

Blogger skoraq cooks said ... (4:49 PM) : 

Congratulations. I have to admit you look Good!!! :-D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:27 PM) : 

Heavy sigh . . . . . .

 

Blogger Stella said ... (7:11 PM) : 

Uhm. Wow.

While I'm normally very composed when leaving messages on people's blogs, the only thing I can think is "yum."

Congratulations!

 

Blogger OTC said ... (12:49 AM) : 

Rock on, Scott. Congrats, a wonderful piece.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:41 AM) : 

I love the timeless feel of that photograph of you in profile. Very Fred Astaire!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:17 AM) : 

Congratulation scott. You deserve it! I have looked to your blog for inspiration for nearly 2 years! Thank you for everything

 

Blogger Nelson vH said ... (8:03 AM) : 

Well deserved.

Great classy looks.

Chapeau!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:45 AM) : 

The words that spring to mind are "handsome devil". Very nice, sir!

 

Blogger OLIVIA said ... (10:10 AM) : 

Well done! You deserve it x

 

Blogger Cosima said ... (1:23 PM) : 

Beautiful! Can't wait until you make it to Argentina.

 

Blogger queen B said ... (2:19 PM) : 

Oh wow. Those snaps are just lovely. Congratulations to you. And thank you for giving Tim Blanks a shout out. He's one of the best things to happen for fashion in Canada.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:09 PM) : 

To the guy who wrote that you have a huge head: you are an idiot

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:33 AM) : 

Fantastic Man is the best magazine available today.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:02 AM) : 

well aren't you a looker

 

Blogger Annie Patterson said ... (2:11 AM) : 

Very handsome!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:43 PM) : 

Can I buy this "Fantastic Man" in Holland somewhere or is this an only American magazine?
This issue would be great for my personal special issues of great magazines.....Maybe oonline somewhere?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:31 PM) : 

And you look fabulous!

 

Blogger Disneyrollergirl.net said ... (4:47 PM) : 

Fantastic Man...I guess the title says it all no? Nice one!

 

Blogger ModernGear TV said ... (12:29 AM) : 

Wow, you look gooooood. Is a copy of this coming onto the site soon?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:28 PM) : 

very cool!

 

Blogger bomb.ass.ting said ... (8:02 PM) : 

You look very handsome.

 

Blogger Mylinh said ... (10:19 PM) : 

Congrats on the feature. You look... debonair, that's it. These photos bring me back to the JFK era somewhat. Very Great Gatsby too almost. Love the peekaboo cuffs. Must show that detail to hubby.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:22 AM) : 

Dude, you are indeed, a Fantastic Man.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:06 AM) : 

Indeed, you look Fantastic with how you were...
You absolutely deserve it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:49 PM) : 

Cary Grant has finally made a return! Stunning suit, Mr. Schuman.

 

Anonymous Ljerka-Susanna-Lukic said ... (6:05 PM) : 

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Susan,Designer&Writer
Toronto

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting