This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

The Sartorialist at The Met this Sunday!

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, March 28, 2008

The Sartorialist at The Met this Sunday!

I am very excited to participate in a panel discussion about fashion and blogging that will be hosted by Harold Koda and the Costume Institute and The Metropolitan Museum of Art this Sunday.

Cathy Horyn of the New York Times and Diane Pernet will also be part of the panel.


The event is free with admission to the museum. I would love to see some..no...all of you at the event, if possible.

The event will be held at:
The Grace Rainey Rogers Auditorium at the Museum on Sunday, March 30, 2008 from 3:00-4:45pm.

Comments on "The Sartorialist at The Met this Sunday!"

 

Blogger Cristina said ... (9:00 AM) : 

I wish I could make it but I will be in Boston this weekend. I am sure the turn out and the event will be wonderful. Perhaps next stop for the Sat will be the Museum of Modern Art? I would love to go to one of your events!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:09 AM) : 

this will definitely be interesting. i hope to see a lot of well-dressed folks! -r.

 

Blogger Anthony said ... (9:17 AM) : 

Sartorialist, I feel a tad insulted.

When I was in New York (visiting the met), you were in DC.
And now that I've returned to DC, you are at the Met.

When will the madness end?!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:50 AM) : 

Will someone be live blogging this event? If so, you could leave a url in the comments section?

I'm sure all the readers would appreciate it.

Thanks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:00 AM) : 

I won't make it, I'm sorry. Not so easy to get there from Eastern Europe... ;)

 

Blogger Chike-Ikechi said ... (10:10 AM) : 

May stop by. I have senior comprehensive exams this weekend :( On course to graduate come May, but I may steal a moment to jet down to NYC for this! I'm sure the Sartorialist faithfuls in NY will line the streets outside The Met! You don't need to worry Mr. Schuman.

 

Blogger Diana said ... (10:39 AM) : 

I'm with Ray and Ama!
You should organize life blogging for us, poor CEE (and for every non new yorker)-bloggers.

 

Blogger Karmander said ... (11:38 AM) : 

Hey, you've given me something to do this weekend :D. I'll see if I can make it.

 

Blogger Stella said ... (12:44 PM) : 

Sadness! I always seem to miss you by a couple of days.

And like the other blogger says, when I'm in New York, you're in DC. And now that I'm back in Puerto Rico, you're back in New York. Oh. Unfair.

 

Blogger BLOGGGGG said ... (12:51 PM) : 

I'll be flying home from Columbus on Sunday morning, so hopefully I'll be back in time...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:20 PM) : 

I wish I could make it but I'm stuck in rainy London-town!...

 

Blogger Old Housecoat said ... (2:59 PM) : 

I wish I could be there,it sounds like it will be a vibrant discussion. As if it could be anything else when the subject is fashion and you are involed. Sadly I have to remain in Albany, the capital of our great state of New York and do my part to assist in the passing of our 2008 Budget.

I guess I need to find a better job. If you hear of anything, let me know! PLEASE!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:18 PM) : 

Grrrr! I'm trapped in L.A., but will be there in spirit. Have a great time!

 

Blogger wesleyrowell said ... (4:41 PM) : 

I will most definitely be there.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:47 PM) : 

I'll come after the Persian New Year Parade!

noruzetan piruz bad!
(eng:your new year will be victorious!)

 

Blogger TakeitEZE said ... (7:50 PM) : 

I love NYC and I'd certainly love to go to this event, but I'm just a little far... in Buenos Aires. So...
Enjoy!!! and tell us about it.

 

Blogger *D-C* said ... (8:14 PM) : 

I'm there already!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:08 AM) : 

I will be there Sart!
Looking forward to seeing you finally...Yeah!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 AM) : 

Hey, while you're there, make a point to photograph some of the "average" people who show up there. In general, some of the coolest people are to be found in museums.

-Anita

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:54 PM) : 

Loved to be there but I'm in London.

 

Blogger Tara said ... (1:00 PM) : 

Can't wait.

 

Blogger Alya said ... (3:55 PM) : 

I wish I could be there. But, alas, I'm two continents and an ocean away..

 

Blogger Disneyrollergirl.net said ... (1:02 PM) : 

Wish I could be there, if anyone goes and writes about it on their blog please can you let me know?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:13 PM) : 

If I'd ever visit the US, it would be to meet you Sart :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:21 PM) : 

Just saw this notice -- can't go anyway because of work, but I would have loved to under different circumstances.

In addition to your report, make sure to link to any follow-up articles.

Good Luck!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:57 PM) : 

Great pic! Lots of energy to it, and I like that there are people of different ages, shapes and sizes.

Lately, I've been noticing that super slim people are the only ones featured here. How about some more curves? Ectomorphs are nice to look at, but so are other shapes.

 

Blogger tintin said ... (5:59 PM) : 

Interesting. I was in the second to last row. The man behind me fell asleep three minutes in.

 

Blogger a reference said ... (6:42 PM) : 

I went today and have to say it was great to hear your perspectives. I think what you do is great. Fashion isn't art. When I pick up Vogue or such, that is just somebody trying to sell me something....which is fashion. When I come to your blog....that is art, because art is the way we live our lives. Art is the way we present ourselves in the way we dress, talk, behave, work, love, etc. (Whether it's beautiful or not is another subject.) What I see on your site is the beauty and art of the lives that you present. That inspires me to live a beatiful life. Even that little girl from India you choseto present to us. She is art; a beautiful person in an ugly environment. So thank you for creating a balance in a blogging world where so much of it is dedicated to showing the flaws and ugliness of celebrity....I mean humanity.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:44 PM) : 

Was great to see you & hear you in person-enjoyed it so much.
Loved the pix from India!

 

Blogger sookie said ... (8:38 PM) : 

come to Toronto!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:44 PM) : 

Saw you at the Met today, you were great! Great blog and great style

 

Blogger cd_mfo said ... (8:50 PM) : 

I was there! It was great to see all three fashion blog all-stars in one place! =) I wish I could have stayed until the end though, I was planning to ask to have my photo taken with you! My blog was inspired by you,put it up about the same time as Cathy Horyn put up hers...although I never found the guts to approach fashionably dressed strangers...=)

 

Blogger suz said ... (9:58 PM) : 

Dear sartorialist, it was great hearing you speak today! The conversation was very interesting, especially given the distinct voices of each blogger panelist present.

Just to echo the thankful comments above, thank you for your blog! Your ability to capture the subtle beauty in details is a service to all of us who are still in the process of learning and discovering our own style :)

 

Blogger gilda said ... (11:40 PM) : 

hello mr sartorialist... i wrote down in my calendar from the moment i knew about this event that i must go must go must meet you and diane and kiss both your feet....

but alas, something very drastic came up and i couldn't make it. i'm quite depressed. hopefully there'll be a similar event soon in the future. ahhh!!

 

Blogger AM: Arts and Multimedia said ... (11:56 PM) : 

I had never heard of this blog until today, when I snuck in during the discussion. I was instantly enthralled with the idea of original high fashion on everyday people being captured by you! I find this very exciting, as I am someone who "treats my body like a canvas" when choosing my wardrobe. I am an art student with such an appreciation for fashion. I always get inspired for my OWN new looks every time I find an exciting piece of clothing, either vintage, store bought, or from my mom's old closet. And I always feel good wearing the creations I put together for each new season. Its like I'm my own fashion designer. I'm just trying to say that its really charming and special that you are spotlighting people who go that extra step to look and feel great in they're own skins. The sense I get, when I leave the house in the right colours, textures, and materials is awesome! Hope you snap a shot of me someday!

 

Blogger Thumbelina Fashionista said ... (10:02 AM) : 

I loved your talk yesterday, and wrote about it on my blog, for those of you who are interested. You stand for so much: the art/fashion melange, the power of blogs, and hope for the common person. Keep up the great work.

 

Blogger Colleen said ... (8:56 PM) : 

Oh no! I missed it!

xo
C
http://beautybooty.wordpress.com

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting