This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....The Loosely Tailored , Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, March 28, 2008

On the Street.....The Loosely Tailored , Paris

Comments on "On the Street.....The Loosely Tailored , Paris"

 

Blogger Lieutenant Glahn said ... (8:38 AM) : 

Irina does Annie Hall. She looks great because she's a supermodel; otherwise, not recommended.

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (8:39 AM) : 

The outfit is a good one, but it feels like she’s one of those people who just can't avoid imitating Kate Moss.

And that’s a strange (dangerous) way of holding a cigarette.

 

Blogger Susan B said ... (8:52 AM) : 

Exceptional jacket!!

 

Blogger marchingbandemporium said ... (8:55 AM) : 

Very funky, in an understated and sophisticated way. Makes me think of London more than Paris, although the trousers would be jeans in London. I like her confident manner.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:06 AM) : 

The outfit is interesting, and I think the plaid and the rolled cuffs help keep it from being too Annie Hall. But I think it'd be hard to make clothes look bad under that wonderful head of hair!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:25 AM) : 

irina?

 

Blogger Fashion Tidbits said ... (9:29 AM) : 

argh! the mannish look looks fab on her!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:49 AM) : 

being a fellow cross dresser myself, i bow. i cant pull it off..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:53 AM) : 

right clothes,right attitude!stop comparing irina with kate moss,they are way different....

 

Blogger stacy said ... (10:02 AM) : 

this is another example of why she is one of the best.

she just oozes confidence.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 AM) : 

very few women can look good in that mannish outfit, she is one of
those...great jacket

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:16 AM) : 

The trousers I'm dreaming of.

 

Blogger Tord said ... (10:32 AM) : 

Nothing terribly original about this at all--and in my opinion a rather poor execution of an unoriginal statement.

 

Blogger Diana said ... (10:33 AM) : 

Perhaps she borrowed this jacket from Pete Doherty?

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (11:15 AM) : 

Agreed, this is fantastic on Irina, but might not translate to your average non-model.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:54 AM) : 

Love this look. Way cool. That jacket is great, and I love how she casually wears it with the sleeves rolled.

 

Blogger Zelmarific said ... (12:14 PM) : 

Very beautiful in a very manly way, if that's possible!

 

Blogger starbahks said ... (12:30 PM) : 

irina! how effortless she looks.
the cuffs, the shoulder pads!, the tuck-in of the shirt, the tie, the eyes.

i love it!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (12:40 PM) : 

There is something very appealing about masculine-inspired tailoring on a woman. Fantastic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:56 PM) : 

Whatever! Couldn't care less. (She's in every other fashion blog in this outfit or one similar).
V.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:22 PM) : 

Love the jacket with the rolled cuffs - noted the way the plaid matches up. I like what I can see of the trousers - fabric looks wonderful. If I were wearing this outfit I would feel too "costumey" with the tie, but that's just me. And I am a big fan of this color scheme. Again I appreciate the muted colors in the background complimenting the colors in the clothes, tying the composition of the photo together. Great work!

~ Miss Mary

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:08 PM) : 

ah, i love irina!

 

Blogger Laurence John said ... (2:31 PM) : 

if my girlfriend turned up in an ironic 80s jacket with the sleeves rolled up i'd have to pretend she wasn't with me.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:53 PM) : 

Irina Lazareanu is so hot... That's a really cool blazer

 

Blogger Nadine said ... (3:02 PM) : 

Love the check, the cuffs, the tie and the pants.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:55 PM) : 

I have to agree with mickeytwin...the fact that she's a model and clings to Pete Doherty in every other tabloid shot isn't helping either.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:40 PM) : 

I don't understand why she is a model.

 

Blogger amyw said ... (4:50 PM) : 

Love it...it just screams individuality! Very Annie Hall.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:24 PM) : 

good on irina because shes irina. only certain people can pull that off....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:54 PM) : 

Irina, another individual who can pull just about anything off. There's a reason why so many different people are attracted to her and it easy to see what it is.

-AM

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:15 PM) : 

I LOVE THIS. Were can I get a jacket like that? And pants. And shirt. And hair. And tie.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:20 PM) : 

More Patti Smith than Annie Hall to me. Sigh, brings back college memories for me...! Great shot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:57 PM) : 

the best current advocate for man style dressing and bed hair.

 

Blogger secondvurss said ... (9:05 PM) : 

im not a fan of the boy-chic look for myself, but i feel that she wears it well...

 

Blogger Jael Paris said ... (9:59 PM) : 

To Anon V.: I think you're missing the point. It's not weather or not you think she's being original or wearing something different than she usually does. The point is inspiration. Personally, I love the casual chic nature of the coat. I think it's something I could pull off in my vintage girly wardrobe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:10 PM) : 

so natural! she could pull off anything. the style doesn't look forced at all.

 

Blogger Roxana Farahmand said ... (10:42 PM) : 

Does Irina EVER look bad?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:35 PM) : 

this model reminds me so much of myself at that age. i still pretty much wear my hair that way - same type. insouciant.i got a little more strict with age. she's great. cool girl, having fun with fashion!

 

Blogger kee kee said ... (1:15 AM) : 

Irina! She can pull off anything even more than Kate Moss! I totally adore her and her fringe! But somehow this outfit kinda reminds me of Agyness Deyn. Oh well they both are my favourites!

 

Blogger Oh no! Oh my! said ... (3:32 PM) : 

Irina looks great, I think she dresses a lot better than other models.

 

Blogger Alya said ... (3:51 PM) : 

She's a great poser.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:13 PM) : 

Weird pants. Looks like they have small box-pleats.

 

Blogger *D-C* said ... (7:17 PM) : 

A very creative way of putting different clothes/elements together. Hard to pull off the jersey pants w/ the plaid jacket. I don't feel it's a matter of the fact that she's Irina that she can pull it off. I just think the Europeans are more daring when it comes to putting a look together. It's not what you wear, but how you wear it. Wear with confidence and you can make it look good. (I hold my cigarettes that way too, when I walk into a crowd, prevents the butts from burning innocents)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:49 PM) : 

Annie Hall? I can see that. Made me think of Patti Smith the cover of "Horses" as well.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (10:46 AM) : 

Oh noooooo, she's a smoker!!

But other than that...she's a nice girl with a great taste of style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:22 PM) : 

For the most part I think this is awful. The pants might be cute with something else but the rest makes me think of a stinky old man. Nothing revolutionary, new, or repulsively eccentric enough about it to land in the successfully ironic category.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:49 PM) : 

There is a reason top models are top models. They look good in anything. And she does of course.

 

Blogger Vanessa said ... (11:01 AM) : 

Quite opposite to what Irina was aiming for with this look, I think it all seems too contrived. In theory it should be perfect: boyfit blazer, messy shirt and tie nonchalantly tucked into trousers and finished with a fag. But seeing it on her, it just looks try-hard. Maybe shes too pretty for this type of look? Because I think it works best on the androgynous types. I just dont buy it, but I think if I saw her walking down the street looking like that then I'd still swoon a wee bit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:12 PM) : 

she looks great... i love her hair and her jacket

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:30 PM) : 

Irina is Canadian (from Montreal) not really European, although I believe she lives in the UK now.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:23 AM) : 

She is cool!!! Big FAN

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:58 AM) : 

she looks fabulous. x

 

Blogger dwashington314@gmail.com said ... (12:47 PM) : 

Very Marianne Faithful or Penelope Tree. Love it.

 

Blogger fictionita said ... (12:48 AM) : 

u just have to love this girl :D

 

Blogger Char said ... (1:45 PM) : 

dig the jacket and trousers, drop the tie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 AM) : 

this is boring, she is a carefully styled top model... it would be more impactful is she were just a random fashion genius. let's try and think outside the box, shall we?

 

Blogger MoniQue said ... (4:15 PM) : 

"Angie said...
Irina is Canadian (from Montreal) not really European, although I believe she lives in the UK now."

Actually she was born in Romania(and no,it's not a salad,it's an Eastern European country) and immigrated to Canada when she was 5.So she's pretty much European.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:18 AM) : 

um.. i dont think she imitates kate moss..

she's irina lazareanu? good friend of pete doherty? introduced to the fashion world by kate moss herself.. if you stumble upon more photos of her out and about.. you'll have a wholy different perspective of how great her style is and how different it is from kate. and yeah, she mentioned one time that annie hall influences her closet at the most.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:58 PM) : 

this is the best, out of all. omg!

 

Blogger DJ said ... (8:31 PM) : 

I love Irina.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting