This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Lengths & Layers, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, March 24, 2008

On the Street....Lengths & Layers, Paris

Comments on "On the Street....Lengths & Layers, Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:41 AM) : 

This is the first time I've seen this look of wearing two blazers together on the street. He does a great job of it. Looks like he spent 5 minutes getting dressed this morning but came out looking fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 AM) : 

yeah, right.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 AM) : 

Are pant legs hemmed higher in Europe. I know his are rolled but it seems there is a trend for them to wear their leg hems much higher sometimes not even touching the tongue of the shoe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:30 PM) : 

The tradionalist in me finds this look awkward, but the whimsical mood makes me smile.

~ Miss Mary

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 PM) : 

Sorry, that's just too weird. The fellow is dressed like an optical illusion.

 

Blogger the clicker said ... (2:41 PM) : 

Is it too much to expect The Sartorialist to refrain from posting photographs of people wearing dungarees (and particularly dungarees with factory-installed holes in them) worn by anyone except a person in the process of cleaning out a stable? I cannot think of a more vulgar garment than torn dungarees, nor can I understand why a person wearing them should be included here; it's a serious lapse of good judgment.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:37 PM) : 

Something about the sleeves makes me think of two people inside the same outfit. The colors go together well though.

 

Blogger Jeff H said ... (4:49 PM) : 

This is one of the first times I've seen an outfit that just looks like he is trying too hard. I think the layering is not all it could be and the color mix is doesn't fit. That being said the blazer shirt combo is great.

 

Blogger Chike-Ikechi said ... (5:08 PM) : 

This is beyond ingenious! Never would have ever thought of wearing a blazer over a cardigan like this...I guess its just not my personality, but it works here. The bright, plaid shirt accentuates the different tones of the blazer and cardigan. It looks like theres some light hues of blue and green in the shirt. Nice shot again...the activity of backdrop complements the somewhat tousled look he has going here.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:30 PM) : 

I like this. Although it is a very casual look,looking at his feet (where even the socks match) you understand that he actually put some thought to it. It's a bold yet a great job!!

 

Blogger Susie said ... (7:05 PM) : 

I don't mind the higher pant leg but I'm not a huge fan of 2 blazers or a short boxy suit with a long sweater. I'm more traditional I guess in my fashion likes and dislikes but take off either the sweater or suit and I'd like it fine.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:21 PM) : 

..it's like an optical illusion..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:27 PM) : 

I'm afraid I am not impressed. He kind of looks like a street person.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:01 PM) : 

... but where is his scarf?

 

Blogger posh said ... (11:26 PM) : 

The cuffed jeans are doing wonders for him, along with the layered blazer, cardigan, and flannel combo. However I do not exactly agree with his footwear. Great socks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:13 AM) : 

I like you Mr. Sartorialist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You make me say "woooooooo." TAKE MORE PHOTOS OF CONDE NAST STAFF!

Sincerely,
Chang Kang Cong (Shanghai China)

 

Blogger donutcake said ... (1:27 AM) : 

the guy is just cold: he doesn't have a proper coat or parka so he just threw everything on.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:13 AM) : 

My first reaction was "OH NO"!

my second reaction "He can pull this off" :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:12 AM) : 

there's a couple nice ideas here but overall he looks terrible.

I do have a long cardigan like that that I would like to try wearing with a blazer, something deconstructed or w/o padding?

The plaid shirt does not work for me. I like the cuff/socks/shoes though a decent pair of jeans would be preferred.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:08 AM) : 

Holygoodgod, that young man is handsome! He could wear a (proverbial) trash bag and still look amazing. Wow... (-:

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (7:28 AM) : 

This man is really attractive and I like the photo too. His outfit is very interesting: I like the idea of cardigan + jacket and short jeans, but the realization does't really work for me... I think it is because the cardigan is too long, it seems to work like an apron here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 AM) : 

I think that if this guy wasn't so handsome you would haven't taken his photo. Just looks messy.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:15 PM) : 

Bricology, do you really think torn dungarees are "vulgar"? If you are not joking here, you must shudder every time you walk past places where young people congregate.

This fellow has a charming, youthful look with inspiration from a big swath of the 20th century. A little '90s grunge, a little '50s greaser, a little '80s new wave--and probably a few things I can't identify. Such a great style for a day of moving about the city!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 PM) : 

Street Circus Poetry or to-fast-grown-up child's nostalgie mixed with a sharp contemporary feeling. Quite Rock'n'Roll. He is wonderful (face and figure). But the trousers. Me voilà intriguée.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 PM) : 

Agreed - his clothes are awful. But what a face! I know that's not the point of this blog but seriously, he's really brightened up my day.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:50 PM) : 

I'd rather be the guy in the photo than the stuffy nitwit criticizing his "dungarees."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:02 AM) : 

I am very open but this is some painful rubbish. There is absolutely nothing "fierce", innovative, cute, well-thought out etc.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:27 AM) : 

We live in a world where wrinkles and age are not tolerated on a face but are cultivated in clothing.

Nothing criminal about torn jeans, though I am in favor of "earned" distressing, over the the manufactured brand. (See Coach VP of mens design in the April GQ: "It's great when clothes age ... but it's also how you age them.")

This good looking guy's jeans look truly well-worn, though the rips look achieved with a blade or scissors. But who knows? The aesthetic we see today is that odd juxtapositions and tattered clothing are chic if combined with a Rolex and a job that allows unlimited espressos or nightclubbing ... and good looks, a stylish haircut, etc.

But this actually harkens to another type of tattered sartorial take: the old-line, "patrician" style - quality J. Press or Brooks Brothers clothing worn until it's consigned to the weekend, then worn until the tops of collars are in threads and all the elbows have been patched. It's a sort of "country-gentleman-chic" that's been around for generations: to have "new" weekend clothes speaks of new money!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:21 PM) : 

wow, SO glad I enlarged. I though the cardigan and blazer were a full length coat until I saw that it was actually two pieces...!

wow...so many lengths

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:06 AM) : 

no..that's horrible. He's gorgeous though.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting