This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Folkloric Knits, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

On the Street....Folkloric Knits, Paris


Comments on "On the Street....Folkloric Knits, Paris"

 

Blogger Post-it boy said ... (8:25 AM) : 

KOOL KNITWEAR

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:58 AM) : 

Is that a patch or mending on the fellow's shoulder down below? The mismatch isn't a style asset.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:00 AM) : 

1st guy looks silly. I can not see myself seriously going for a coffee with him. But then again, he's not asking.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:12 AM) : 

Love man #1's coat, but the stitching in #2's elbow and shoulder puts me off a little.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:40 AM) : 

The top photo looks like he is trying too hard. Too many things going on at once. The boots, the sweater, the scarf, the shirt, the reflective sunglasses. It overwhelms me.
I like the sweater in the bottom photo. The details are fun to see. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to blue jeans, so I'd rather see a pair of Levis 505s, but the sweater carries the day.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:59 AM) : 

A toughened up Nordic sweater. Very interesting. I wish I could see what was done with the front.

 

Blogger Paul Pincus said ... (10:12 AM) : 

This is so insanely sexy.

Really cool sweater...love all the details.

Great hair.

 

Blogger Paul Pincus said ... (10:16 AM) : 

Yikes...I should of made it clear I was referring to the second shot...arms folded.

The first gentleman also looks great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:37 AM) : 

Love the sweater in the bottom shot, with the elbow patch, zips and leather.

The outfit in the top photo is way too "artsy" for me ( I would look ridiculous!) but it's a fun, young look an he carries it off well.

~ Miss Mary

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:34 AM) : 

first guy= hot mess!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 AM) : 

Casually sophisticated.... LOVE IT

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 AM) : 

casually sophisticated. I LOVE the way he is holding his arms.

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (1:47 PM) : 

My Math teacher had one of those and we were always making fun of it. Can’t really remember why… This here seems quite respectable to me.

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (1:49 PM) : 

Ups! I forgot to préciser that I had the second picture in mind when I wrote my previous comment.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:01 PM) : 

It seems to me that these types of knits go in and out of favor with fashion. I particularly like updated takes on traditional knits; the picture on the bottom has rugby-type shoulder and elbow reinforcements, and that is something fresh that lets you know it is not your father's sweater. I also complimented someone on a Carolina Herrera for Men sweater with a very limited amount of argyle down the front. I think these pictures show a fresh approach, although not one to buy if one expects the clothes to remain current past this season. Love the pictures, btw. Jorge from West Palm Beach

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:51 PM) : 

I like the way the shoulder and elbow break up the traditional pattern of the second sweater. It makes you take a second glance when you might normally have just looked past him.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:59 PM) : 

Lovely!
Can I take this opportunity to say that I'd love to see more shots of stylish young men here. Oh, and some of the photos you posted over on style.com were fabulous. I really enjoyed looking through them.

 

Blogger Mare said ... (4:32 PM) : 

i think i'm in love w. man #2. i love his sweater, his jeans, his ass, his profile, his hair. and is he french? i love frenchmen. oh la la!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:43 PM) : 

Regarding man #1, the phrase "fashion victim" comes to mind.

Man #2 looks fine, though I worry that his jeans (mostly unseen) might be baggy - turning the whole look into some kind of stoner/frat-boy nonsense.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:52 PM) : 

the first fellow looks really silly from the crazy stand up hair do to the skull scarf and those horrible boots. this is a terrible look. not crazy about guy #2 either. what's up with the patch on sweater?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:25 PM) : 

reminds me of the sweater Jeff Bridges wears in *The Big Lebowski*.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:30 PM) : 

man #2 is gorgeous. his sweater too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:16 PM) : 

i am not a big fan of the first sweater, not going to lie. however, his hair is pretty much awesome, as are his gold sunglasses. also the way he looks at the camera.
the second one reminds me of ashton kutcher. whether the patch is there as a mending or not, i still like it. if it was purposefully put there, props to him.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:28 PM) : 

I like the Norski sweater a lot, too. Now that I know what it is, I can hunt one down ... the patchup works here.

 

Blogger monstermovie said ... (2:29 AM) : 

wow.. that junya watanabe sweater in the sec pic is amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:09 PM) : 

reminds me of the knit sweater Beckham wore, which I think was by YSL, can't remember...these would go well with loafers

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:17 PM) : 

like the first man's clash of sporty and ethnic...

 

Blogger dwashington314@gmail.com said ... (12:40 PM) : 

Strangely, i prefer the Eskimo shot to the Sears vintage sweater. Another case of cute rather than fashion pic. He's hella cute, not the slightest fashionable, but I aint mad at ya!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 AM) : 

Are those Back to the Future boots?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:16 PM) : 

the first guy kinda reminds me of a pirate, with all the stuff he has on, seems really like an eclectic mix he picked up all around the world, and I like gold sunglasses, again reminds me of a pirate, sweet hair too

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting