This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Eve, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, March 24, 2008

On the Street....Eve, Paris

Comments on "On the Street....Eve, Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 AM) : 

This woman look great, but she also looks very expensive. I think if I had a lot of money to spend on clothes, I'd look great too. The ones who interest me the most are the ones with simple budgets, who have to dig for clothes in thrift shops and tag sales. They are the really truly creative ones.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (10:49 AM) : 

I love this look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 AM) : 

she looks so happy perfect

 

Blogger Paul Pincus said ... (10:53 AM) : 

That face..that expression...those feathers!

How many hearts does she break in a day?

I disagree with amy c....this woman is creative...and lovely.

 

Blogger Anne Corrons said ... (11:11 AM) : 

That's a really strange dress!

 

Blogger Anne Corrons said ... (11:11 AM) : 

That's a really strange dress!

 

Blogger Meemo said ... (11:30 AM) : 

I like the feathers at the bottom of the dress. It gives the outfit a nice pop. I think a little black leather bomber jacket might have looked better but overall she looks good.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:30 AM) : 

I love the way her hair do mimics her feathers in a way.

 

Blogger lily said ... (11:33 AM) : 

I love this look.
An intemporal classic but creative look.

I totally disagree with Amy C too. I think this woman does not LOOK expensive at all. She is quite natural to me, hardly has any make-up on, has messy hair, simple ballet flats (I've got nearly the same for £4) and not high heels or expensive labelled it-bag.
She is quite understated I reckon, with classic shapes and colours.
As for the dress she might have made it herself, I know many people who would do that. The jacket is a classic she might have had for years, or found in a thrift shop.
I might be totally wrong, and everything could actually be expensive, but i think she does not LOOK expensive. And not posh either. She looks lovely.

 

Blogger suzannemarques said ... (11:44 AM) : 

her outfit is so delightful, from her sweet little bangs with the stray hair, love the minidress with the feather... and the jacket.. looks so chic with that thrown together feel that makes you go.. aha!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 AM) : 

fabulous hair

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:24 PM) : 

i saw this on style.com, and i am so glad it is here so i can open it up and view the details. i didn't realize before the feathers are on the coat -- i love it! no doubt this can be pulled off without much money. really adorable, thanks sart!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:25 PM) : 

My favorite part of this picture is her cheeks. Rosy cheeks are something I wouldn't usually notice, but I can imagine the cold, crisp Winter air in Paris brushing against her face, giving her that glow. Her whole outfit symbolizes Winter to me, but not in a gloomy way.

T.

 

Blogger stacy said ... (12:36 PM) : 

super cute!

great smile.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:36 PM) : 

i disagree with amy c. yes, this outfit looks potentially expensive. However, the really beautiful thing about it is not the pieces themselves (though they are lovely), it's the sheer adorableness of the woman. She's charming and quirky and could as easily catch the eye wearing something from H & M.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:40 PM) : 

Nice legs, nice smile. Her smile brightens the overcast weather.

 

Blogger La Terpette said ... (12:41 PM) : 

The feathers make this outfit so playful. What does she have in her arm?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:44 PM) : 

i don't love the dress but she is so cute it makes up for it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:44 PM) : 

Her cute smile is the perfect accesory for her feathered outfit. charming.

~ Miss Mary

 

Blogger MaryMary-Jane said ... (1:29 PM) : 

i like the feathers on her dress!it look like she made it herself!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:29 PM) : 

oh my god!! i'm wearing the same shoes as her right now!! £35 from Dune. bargain. so clearly you don't need to be loaded to look expensive...if you spend a bit more on one amazing piece (ie the dress) it lifts your whole outfit.
i love her.

 

Blogger Enfievre said ... (1:50 PM) : 

she looks beautiful. i believe that dress is 3.1, no? overall the outfit is gorgeous but its the rosy cheeks and smile that make the photo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:01 PM) : 

I love feathers.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:07 PM) : 

she is beautiful

-sck

 

Blogger J Voltaire said ... (2:11 PM) : 

i love her hair! the colors and her bangs!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (2:24 PM) : 

She really has the most lovely face. That smile is beautiful.

I also like the outfit too (!), especially the gradual move from charcoal to black with the soft tulle inbetween!

 

Blogger Arethusa said ... (2:44 PM) : 

Money does not bestow on the owner magical creative properties. Even if the photographed ladies items are expensive that is no detraction from the harmonious, fun elegance of her look.

Variety is the spice of life. Let's not let our envy get in the way of appreciating the good stuff.

The feathers with that coat, hair, and smile really made it for me. So glad you've posted new things Sart! I missed you. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:58 PM) : 

i think you're really finding something now.

s

 

Blogger . said ... (3:33 PM) : 

who might this be

 

Blogger bomb.ass.ting said ... (3:44 PM) : 

She looks very privileged.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:26 PM) : 

I disagree with amy c as well. regardless of their provenance, these clothes look creative and creatively chosen, not merely swanky. also perhaps let's move away from the reverse prejudice that only the thrift-shop shoppers, the non-rich, and the non-models can be considered creative.

 

Blogger Molly said ... (4:50 PM) : 

How cute and charming she is! I love the little feather puffs, very Easter inspired.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:56 PM) : 

i love this look =)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:57 PM) : 

love the rosy cheeks as well- she seems to capture the innocent essence of the character Amelie, balancing the boldness of her clothes. I'm inspired most by her mix of textures and the illusion of texture. Her combination of soft wool, airy feathers and even a sleek flat make this quite an innovative look.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:15 PM) : 

I agree ..... she is adorable. Thanks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:17 PM) : 

Dito my fav being the cheeks. I LOVE THE ROSIE color.

and I am ITA w/ pincus- heart breaker!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:43 PM) : 

is this the same girl with the furry blue coat, pixie hair, and red shoes from milan?

 

Blogger dennis said ... (6:05 PM) : 

she looks naturally happy.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:18 PM) : 

I would love to know more about this feathery frock. It is fun and fanciful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:22 PM) : 

perfect silhouette true elegance .

 

Blogger c.c. said ... (6:40 PM) : 

Aw! she looks adorable, I love the feathers and the pattern of her dress

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:00 PM) : 

she just looks happy too, which is flattering for anyone.

 

Blogger Susie said ... (7:01 PM) : 

I love this look! She looks like she is in such high spirits... happy young light hearted.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:09 PM) : 

She looks great. Simple and elegant. She looks polished, not expensive.

I have to say, "thrift shops and tag sales" in NYC are quite expensive. Sadly, mass market chain stores are affordable for broke people like me. Poor NYC and its legion of bankers.

 

Blogger Ali B. said ... (8:08 PM) : 

I love it too. The feathers are on the coat?? Even better. I also like her genuine happy cheeks and eyes. Her legs mimic the tree-line... I like it, her head is framed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:41 PM) : 

Aimile

 

Blogger Francis Heinzfeller said ... (11:24 PM) : 

All of your Parisian photos annihilate me.
Perfect example.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:25 PM) : 

Beatific smile. Great monotone ensemble.

T.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:33 PM) : 

she doesn't look haughty at all. she actually seems down-to-earth, happy and stylish. the feathers are like a spark from her imagination. she's not a show-off. i'm glad she wore a practical coat over the dress. it also looks like she's wearing flats. i can picture her wearing this fun outfit to work on a grey day

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 AM) : 

definitely an inspiring look. simple, charming and playful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:45 AM) : 

she looks a little bird-like with the feathers and the skinny legs, I like it, its kind of silly in an Audrey Hepburn kind of way.

 

Blogger Kanani said ... (1:47 AM) : 

Her clothes are a reflection of who she is --well, isn't it that way for us all? If I were to see her walking toward me, I'd smile. There is something about her --who she is, that is wonderfully happy.

I look at her and I think Audrey Hepburn.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:52 AM) : 

this look is very sofisticated,but because of her smile,or because of her attitude,it seems so simple and her attitude makes it so easy to wear...very interesting look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:10 AM) : 

That's why people loves going to Paris for it so inspiring with different people showing their characters with their unique styles!

 

Blogger Jacq said ... (6:32 AM) : 

Gorgeous picture - she looks so cute. I reckon the outfit would have been even better if that dress was an inch or two longer.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:45 AM) : 

i'm not crazy about this outfit but she's adorable.

 

Blogger Carol Diehl said ... (9:39 AM) : 

This is the way people should wear clothes--like they LOVE being in them, and LOVE who they are. Then it doesn't matter what you wear.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:42 PM) : 

Even if these clothes are expensive, isn't the idea of this blog about finding inspiration- not about an outfit to copy?

If you knew what each piece cost and where to find each piece from each photograph and you could just go buy them, where's the fun in creating your own outfit?

Also, is that a purse or what?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:37 PM) : 

I don't know if I'd like the dress without the jacket but it's a perfect outfit for her. I also think it could be re-created pretty inexpensively.

 

Blogger Marianne said ... (4:49 PM) : 

Beautiful - I love everything about this - I can't believe she's a normal person- this to me is what Paris is all about. Thank you!

Marianne

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:53 PM) : 

Maybe its just me, but I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the strange "wideness of shoulder" that the jacket gives her. The proportions of the jacket are overall strange to me.

But I love the whimsy.

 

Blogger TakeitEZE said ... (12:26 AM) : 

This dress is gorgeous!! I love the feathers and those thick bangs look great on her.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:55 AM) : 

I love this woman! I remember the shot of her when her hair was up in two high buns, like cat ears...She seems to bring a great sense of whim into the world, for example: the feather accents. Whether the pieces are expensive or not, simply choosing what to wear is crucial. And this woman chooses how to be with a sense of imagination and dream - which I find extremely inspirational.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:47 AM) : 

Cute and simple-definitely not rolling on money.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 AM) : 

To amy c; Personally I´d hate to dig drift shops and sales.A sensible idea would be to just donate clothes and stuff to those who need them,if they are well kept and clean. The idea to wear `vintage clothes´makes me want to vomit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:20 PM) : 

she looks amazing

 

Blogger Olimpia Liberti said ... (1:47 PM) : 

beautiful smile

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:47 PM) : 

Love it. Her little curls just mirror the feathers on the sweater. She looks great. I'd wear this in a second.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 PM) : 

I've not to add that's new, but just want to say what an open and ingratiating smile she has. That's the kind of smile that makes you feel like smiling back, instantly, no matter what. Ole.

 

Blogger camden drash said ... (12:18 AM) : 

my heart just skipped a beat

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:54 AM) : 

PERFECT!!

 

Blogger Rich said ... (2:35 PM) : 

oooh-la-laaa! this is fantastic. the simplicity of color, but also choosing to wear that jacket over the dress.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting