This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....About Color, About Line, NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

On the Street....About Color, About Line, NYC


I love the fact that I have been able to use some of the "real people" I have met while doing this blog for recent advertising jobs I have shot lately.

This is Julie, you might recognize her from the Absolut ad to your left.

Julie doesn't have a huge or expensive wardrobe. Most of her items would be in the price range of the average reader of this blog and I bet a very large percentage of her wardrobe is vintage or second-hand pieces.

What Julie does very well is find the right, dramatic pieces that really pull the whole look together.

The look above is not about any designer items but all about her great use of color(the beret is perfect) and the silhouette that she creates with those wide-legged jeans. Julie is actually very tiny, maybe 5'1" but she creates a very long line with those jeans, doesn't she?

These are the kind of images and inspiration that I am most proud of posting on The Sartorialist

Comments on "On the Street....About Color, About Line, NYC"

 

Blogger Emily said ... (8:16 AM) : 

LOVE.

especially the hat. I'd love to see the every-person wear hats more often...and not just as head-warmers.

 

Blogger Ashe said ... (8:34 AM) : 

It's lovely to hear your reflections not only on what make her outfit so inspiration, but the accessibility of her wardrobe to your readers. Often I think it's easy to see the titles of regularly featured people, and think that a good percentage of the wardrobe reflected on here is designer (though I do not believe that is your intention; it's easier to think that looking good is equated with expensive designer pieces). Thank you for taking time out to show us that other angle and make your site more accessible to your readers.

 

Blogger herbatka said ... (8:36 AM) : 

I never would've thought she's only 5'1". And I love the color combination.

Also, Sart, please come visit us in Chicago soon!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:36 AM) : 

Very chic! This is the same girl in the absolute vodka advertisement, non?

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (8:38 AM) : 

Agreed, she has great style. Those colours work so well on her and this is an uncomplicated ensemble. Her expression and stance is what I'm drawn to as well.

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (8:38 AM) : 

excellent image!!
Love her confident and relaxed appereance; her pose and clothes expresses that.
The dark yet colorful palette is very soothing with a very strong personality.

 

Blogger Berto said ... (8:40 AM) : 

This is a really great shot. Very well done.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:45 AM) : 

i would wear that. she looks very much at ease, and especially since i'm not a lot taller than she is it's inspiring that i can also easily attain that look.

 

Blogger Saludos a tú Dios; mañana, mañana... said ... (8:55 AM) : 

Your blog is simply amazing. I've only just discovered it but have rabidly devoured all of the archive's contents in (almost) one fell swoop. What shall I do now to distract me from my thesis?

I was also wondering whether you have ever gotten rather 'interesting' responses to your requests to take a subject's photograph. Have you ever felt... churlish? Many thanks.

R

 

Blogger Axone' said ... (9:00 AM) : 

Wow! love the colours in this picture...love what she's wearing..and she's totally gorgeous!!

 

Blogger Jaci S said ... (9:13 AM) : 

Viva les short people!

 

Blogger suzannemarques said ... (9:22 AM) : 

i love dark green with red... i usually look too christmassy, but she pulls off the effect i'm always trying to achieve!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:24 AM) : 

Hey now--bugs are "very tiny". Five-foot-one is like normal in many parts of the world, speaking as a very tiny five-foot-one-and three-quarters person. And that's why we like those reallllllly high high heels! Yeah! Julie's a fierce little bug.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:24 AM) : 

Do models count as 'real people'?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:27 AM) : 

love the colors. the colors are the biggest part of this for me.
that, and i love the bags under her eyes - seriously. bags, shadows, lines, all seriously underrated, in my opinion.

 

Blogger Chi-Chi and the Greek Vintage said ... (9:28 AM) : 

You are so right. There is nothing recognisable about her outfit, like shoes, bags, jacket, however, it's very dramatic.I love the green leather,vintage?, jacket and yes!those pants are killer cool!

 

Blogger dlittlegarden said ... (9:44 AM) : 

Absolutely! What a wonderful jacket she's wearing here.

 

Blogger raquel said ... (9:44 AM) : 

wow! she's only 5'1"? that's incredible! she really knows how to elongate her figure and manipulate trends to fit herself! excellent choice Sart! and kudos to your photog skills too (:

 

Blogger Claire said ... (9:47 AM) : 

that was my favourite look from your show coverage in feb - amazing colour s...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:49 AM) : 

"These are the kind of images and inspiration that I am most proud of posting on The Sartorialist"
Rightfully so, Scott. This is what makes the site so darned wonderful!!

Cheers-
haapi

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:52 AM) : 

Red, green, blue and brown, perfect! So simple and so very lovely - this picture is inspiring me to be bolder with my colour choices.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:53 AM) : 

I love the entire outfit. It's brilliant. I love the knitted cap. I'm crazy about the green leather jacket, the pants, the bag, and of course, it's how they all come together -- the dark green, the brown, the red. I really love wide leg jeans and am trying to find a good pair for myself. This outfit is an inspiration! Thanks.

 

Blogger rachel lee said ... (9:55 AM) : 

She rocks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:58 AM) : 

wow! i thought for sure she was around 5'8" - model height, and i read that i'm actually taller than her! i always feel short and clothing never makes me feel tall. apparently i've got a lot to learn :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 AM) : 

I like the choice of colors!

 

Blogger La Terpette said ... (10:02 AM) : 

I would have thought she was 5' 8'' at least. That jacket is great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:05 AM) : 

scott -

just curious. are the people in your ads aware of the use of their image to sell a product? i realize that legally that is not required - as the picture is yours to do with what you wish - but i think that when using someone's image (especially non-professional models, extras, etc.) one should take special consideration.

that being said i enjoy your site a great deal. please keep up the good work.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:09 AM) : 

Wow! I cannot believe this woman is 5'1''!!! I am 5'1'' as well and am dying to buy a pair of wide jeans, similar to the ones Julie is wearing here. The thing is, I have been told forever to stay away from wide-leg pants/jeans because they are not very flattering on short girls. Thank you for posting this picture so I know there is proof we can pull it off!!

And my search begins... does anyone have any tips on what to look for/steer clear of when looking for a wide-leg pair of jeans that will flatter a petite frame??

Thanks!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 AM) : 

I would never have guessed that she is 5'1"! I'm 5 even and always have that trouble of not looking long and lean. Often times I just end up looking frumpy.
Julie's look is one of my personal favorites, her color palate is just so rich.. Also, Beautiful shot Scott!
~yokoo

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:13 AM) : 

Oh I love these colors... that jacket looks fantastic. Being a small person I love to see how other petite women pull off a great lean look. Thanks!

~ Miss Mary

 

Blogger Coryn said ... (10:14 AM) : 

This is FANTASTIC! The hat really compliments the greenish jacket and I adore those pants. What a great outfit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:21 AM) : 

This is my favorite type of photo to find here. Thanks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:22 AM) : 

Perfect.

That's what fashion is all about, Charlie Brown.

 

Blogger marchingbandemporium said ... (10:23 AM) : 

A lovely picture, and a lovely line made by her jeans and slouchy jacket. There is something very fragile about her, but with an underlying firm confidence. Very Audrey Hepburn.

 

Blogger Paul Pincus said ... (10:31 AM) : 

I very much like her coat and the jeans are kinda genius.

5'1''? Wow!

She does have a beautiful, sultry face. She's a natural...her ability to choose the right pieces seems innate.

 

Blogger Anne Corrons said ... (10:41 AM) : 

That's a perfect picture and there is nothing to add! Something to be proud of, for sure!

 

Blogger LC said ... (10:42 AM) : 

She looks amazing. Especially the jeans and the beret look awesome on her!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 AM) : 

Oh yeah everything about this picture is HOT from the red hat to the the pose she is striking.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:44 AM) : 

This is a great look - Very 30's, Bonnie & Clyde meets Urban outfitters & dashing to catch a train look. So enjoy it.

 

Blogger Cristina said ... (10:54 AM) : 

Being a tiny girl myself, this is very inspiring. High waisted wide legged jeans are my new obsession, but most magazines seem to be making it out be a look that only taller women can carry well.

And that lovely red beret is definetely the icing on the cake.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:04 AM) : 

Very cool. Thank you for that :)

Almost all my clothes come from the thrift store too, and I make so little that I can only buy pieces twice a year - in spring and in fall.
Thanks again for bringing the little people to light. Every time someone notices something I'm wearing and compliments me, they're surprised to find it was so inexpensive!

 

Blogger FASHION CHALET said ... (11:21 AM) : 

very amazing look. Loving the contrast of the wider leg denim with the maroon coloured beanie and green leather jacket. ♥ Great Blog!!

 

Blogger Amelia said ... (11:40 AM) : 

She does look tall with those pants. I love the coat and the hat. The colors are lovely.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (11:46 AM) : 

She's one of my favorites! Great look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:47 AM) : 

Just beautiful - and inspiring!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 AM) : 

This girl is an inspiration to petite women everywhere. I never would have guessed that she is not of typical model stature.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:56 AM) : 

I really like when you mention when people are petite because when photographed alone it's hard to tell.
As a person on the smaller side myself (5'4)I think it can be easy to shy away from items like wider leg trousers for fear of looking swamped. This photo (and the photo from New Dehli of the lady in the black ruched dress) have inspired me to try and play with proportion and shape more, despite my less than model stature.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:57 AM) : 

I really like when you mention when people are petite because when photographed alone it's hard to tell.
As a person on the smaller side myself (5'4)I think it can be easy to shy away from items like wider leg trousers for fear of looking swamped. This photo (and the photo from New Dehli of the lady in the black ruched dress) have inspired me to try and play with proportion and shape more, despite my less than model stature.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 PM) : 

phenomenal.
love that her bag is in great proportion as well.

 

Blogger O!Lightning said ... (12:08 PM) : 

once again, inspiring, uplifting and fab. : the shot, her look and your comment.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 PM) : 

thank you for posts like these! i hope there are more to come!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:14 PM) : 

Bravo to her, an inspiration.

 

Blogger Lieutenant Glahn said ... (12:23 PM) : 

I enjoy this look with Absolut Responsibility™.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:27 PM) : 

I really enjoy it when you comment on your photos. The cut of Julie's jacket is perfect, too - wonderful proportion with the 3/4 sleeves which offset the long, long jeans.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:30 PM) : 

Julie has very long limbs, what appear to be high heels, and a very thin frame. That much volume would look awful on most petite women, myself included. It's too much fabric. So though I agree that she looks great...sculptural, even...I don't think this look is for the average jane just because it happens to be a certain price. Oh and I'm sure it also helps that she is flawless.

The posts I enjoy the most are the ones with truly normal people, not supermodels who just happen to be out getting a cup of coffee.

 

Blogger ANA PAO said ... (12:32 PM) : 

is the firs time i visit your blog, i heard about it in a tv program on the cosmo channel.
it is really great what you are doing, the pictures are amazing....
i hope u visit some day mexico city anda take me one.
good luck and keep working as hard as u have been doing it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:43 PM) : 

Absolutely "Wow" worthy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:52 PM) : 

i love her look.

 

Blogger marionpauline said ... (12:57 PM) : 

Very inspiring. A good reminder that so often it's not about the price point but about how you wear what you've got.
Also, read your little piece in Refinery29 this morning! Very nice! Looking forward to the book!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:09 PM) : 

Your photos capture the beauty of the everyday that surrounds us. I particularly love when you leave comments about your images as it gives insight into your particular way of seeing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:17 PM) : 

Thank you for each and every word of your caption. I have always believed in your blog because you take the everyday man or woman who has it "on point" for that day and make them a model. You have a gift for seeing the gifted. Applause.

 

Blogger Super Milk-Chan said ... (2:21 PM) : 

I was just outside on my break, admiring a girl in jeans very similar to these. I LOVE the way these look. Must find some...

 

Blogger Eli said ... (2:22 PM) : 

I like her in this photo better...if I must say. but beautiful nonetheless

 

Blogger SocalStyle said ... (2:43 PM) : 

There is something intriguing about her stance.

And no, you're right, I wouldn't have guessed 5'1".

I do love the lines.

 

Blogger meemo said ... (2:52 PM) : 

Love the wide leg pants on her. They really do lengthen her frame. And the green jacket with the red hat are nice touches of color.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:11 PM) : 

i'm 5'3, so it's good to see a petite person here. love the look, but i'd also love to see some long gloves to work with the shortish jkt sleeves.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:16 PM) : 

[sorry, one more thing...]
the point about her wardrobe being modestly priced is encouraging! thanks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:37 PM) : 

She looks amazing... and she's absolutely beautiful. Great colour scheme... and kudos to you sart, you should be proud!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:54 PM) : 

This is what I call style! She knows what suits her, has a great eye for colour, and she wears the outfit, not the other way around. I'd like to see more of her and others like her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:59 PM) : 

I'm 5'2" and wide-legged pants look awful on me. What am I doing wrong?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:13 PM) : 

She looks so comfortable and yet very smart and pulled together. Strong colours and simple lines can make even a small person look striking and tall.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:30 PM) : 

Dear Mr. Sartorialist,

I've recently procured THE AVENGERS on dvd, year 1967. I wanted to show my daughter what "cool sophistication" is. I was, for a better term, "drooling" over Mr. Steed's and Emma Peel's wardrobes, down to the socks. Heck even the villians dress well. I was inquiring on your thoughts about the show. Thank you.

P.S. I'm trying my most not to go on about Mr. Steed's bowlers. Very handsome. No, beautiful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:43 PM) : 

why no comments? its the first time i've felt compelled to comment. perhaps i like being in poll position, but primarily i wanted to thank you for reposting this image- i'm not sure where i found it, but it's pinned above my desk as inspiration. i hadn't connected the lovely lady with the absolut ad, however, and can now add versatility to my reasons for venerating her. beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:49 PM) : 

She pulls the look together perfectly. I would have never guessed she was that petite, even glancing over the picture a second time.

-R

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (5:01 PM) : 

I adore her look! Love her use of color, it's perfect!
Her jeans are amazing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:19 PM) : 

this is the first item i've ever commented on. i love this. love the fact that this isn't about "who" she's wearing, but that she has pulled together a few seemingly mismatched pieces to create a fabulous look. she's striking. and yes i LOVE the beret.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:26 PM) : 

the colormix is great. and i love the wideleg jeans. and i thought it only works on tall women....

 

Blogger deborah said ... (6:00 PM) : 

Beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:04 PM) : 

u're right, sart. maybe she hasnt the most expensive wardrobe ever, but i bet she has a lot of money on her shelves. cos we all know, at this point, sense of style is a matter of information not money. buy yourself a great fashion magazine, before u get that look. keep on the good work,
ber.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:26 PM) : 

Though your photos speak for themselves, it is great to see you comment on them as well.
Also, thank you for spotting those who do it well sans a bottomless wallet.

 

Blogger Danika said ... (6:37 PM) : 

She's amazing at elongating her frame, I had to do a second look when i read she was actually 5'1". And that color combination is pretty nice.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (7:47 PM) : 

0ne thing
she is not flawless

she has one specific flaw but she works with it very well and I find that endlessly inspiring.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:00 PM) : 

"she has one specific flaw but she works with it very well and I find that endlessly inspiring." - sartorialist

i wonder what flaw you could be referring to? please do tell if it isn't too personal sart!


what a wonderful picture! i would've never guessed she was only 5'1! im 5'1 and slender, so i look "taller" among my other petite friends. this woman having a slender frame contributes no?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 PM) : 

that girl knows how to work it. thank you sart for the text, you should do it more often!

 

Blogger amy korngiebel said ... (8:46 PM) : 

that green coat is absolutely amazing. love love love!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:58 PM) : 

Love the jacket especially.

I think they key to pulling off red and green together is to only wear it maybe February - October. Too close to Christmas and it looks Christmasy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:01 PM) : 

Beautiful pic, the right way to wear vintage, making it oh so modern. However, that is a Miu Miu bag. But it just goes to show that you don't have to be designer head to toe to look fabulous!

 

Blogger Candace said ... (9:41 PM) : 

This outfit looks so effortless and the colors are very pleasing to the eyes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 PM) : 

I have not a clue as to what her flaw may be, but she's absolutely beautiful. (And I must have that jacket!)

 

Blogger Ridonkulus said ... (10:08 PM) : 

very well said. absolutely you can look good on a budget. i love how she chose very saturated colors and mixed different textures. i have a red hat and i only wear black with it, because i thought it would be too much to wear another color with red. but her look is very relaxed, effortless looking, and not too "loud." it's kind of nice to see models wear clothes that aren't outlandish and that everyone can pull off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:09 PM) : 

Oh do tell Scott!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:10 PM) : 

Being short is not a flaw, Sart. It's an attribute like any other.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:42 PM) : 

I am very happy to hear you say the things you did in this post. Often I think it is too much about the designer items, and less about the style, personality and diversity.

 

Blogger nina corvallo said ... (11:11 PM) : 

love your blog, love your musings, love her outfit! Love, love, love :)
It's all good, baby!

 

Blogger nina corvallo said ... (11:12 PM) : 

when will we get to buy the Satorialist book? I am waiting!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:20 PM) : 

She looks lovely. Pretty sure those pants are from APC as I own a pair myself in the same color. I guess modestly price depends on your definition of modesty...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:34 PM) : 

That color green is great! I can tell she is short, though. It's in the shoulders and arms.

Also, she looks tired. Give her some of that vodka she's shilling and wake her up!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:52 PM) : 

She's divine. Thanks for the insight Sart, that's my favorite part of your blog. Alas I see no Absolut ad, do your readers outside the US not see this?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:56 PM) : 

So glad to hear that this model is a pixie. There are many of us out there who, at times, bombarded with messages that stylish clothes are not for us. Julie shows that we needn't shy away from these lovely wide-legged jeans out of fear of being swamped by the fabric.

The other fantastic thing is that this green jacket is rather intentionally loose and yet doesn't overwhelm her, either. Even the bag is a daring choice because someone her size might have feared chosing it due to the fact that it could appear "luggage-like". On her, it seems to be an excellent proportion.

 

Blogger Behrendt said ... (12:56 AM) : 

I love your comments, Sart. High Fashion without Haute Couture!

 

Blogger MELI. said ... (2:30 AM) : 

I always admired her tulip shaped skirt in that ad. She looks very good in green and her looks are always so confident, that itself is a great asset. great pose too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:55 AM) : 

I think it's amazing that this is your job. The fact that you get to meet so many inspirational people and capture that substance of the moment makes me rather envious. Sus experiencias son muy increíbles.

-AM

 

Blogger liz song mandell said ... (3:14 AM) : 

I'm pretty short, and I thought that wearing that style cut pants would make me look even shorter. Surprised that she's only 5'1". How tall were her heels?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:02 AM) : 

wowwy wow wow wow wow. i'm totally captivated. she's got it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:14 AM) : 

i have to comment again. that's what real, true beauty looks like. not everyone trying to rejigger themselves into the barbie/princess-shaped mould, airbrushed into oblivion. blonder is not beautiful-er. i can't stop looking at her. i've got a girlcrush. total knockout.

 

Blogger Blaise said ... (4:44 AM) : 

Hello Sart, I couldn't agree more..

It is actually the reason why I kepp checking out your blog, while designer clothes are truly pricey, it is actually the result of the art of putting me together that inspires me..

On more so, if I could just draw an inspiration from what the people wear and how I could incorporate it to my own wardrobe, which is far from designer I might add, is what I truly look after from your blog..

 

Blogger Mike Baker the Bike Maker said ... (5:17 AM) : 

Yes, her appearance is definitely striking.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (6:36 AM) : 

foe anon 10:10pm
being short is not what I was referring to

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:43 AM) : 

I think no matter how tall, short, skinny or chubby someone is, if one doesn't have the confidence to put on a style, even the most expensive or wonderful items won't do any good. I think I really like Julie's outfits because they are wore with confidence.

 

Blogger ?mark said ... (8:05 AM) : 

hi julie...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 AM) : 

From the looks of the front pant leg, I think her heels are at least 4", probably 5". But I like the outfit and appreciate the commentary describing her. Cool jacket. I'm not going to speculate on her "flaw"--we all have them and she looks great.

 

Blogger (0v0) said ... (12:59 PM) : 

oh, good to hear, Sart. agreeing with anon 10:10/4:14. if she even saw her size as a "flaw," perhaps that would inhibit her brilliant self-expression. which she does by way of stance, eyes, and all the rest. her size is part of that, kids, not a detriment to it.

enjoyed your original comments on the photograph Sart, and simply love HER. Yes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:44 PM) : 

What a great eye she has--for proportions, for cut, for the details that make a jacket special, for combining colors.

So much punch to this outfit--its simple, and casual, and comfortable, but its so *special.*

Thats the ideal, isn't it? Memorable every day.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:51 PM) : 

LOVE*...

 

Blogger Ann (MobayDP) said ... (10:53 PM) : 

I love those pants.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:40 AM) : 

It's very clever. Is it partly that there are very good small details, without it being matchy-matchy or too neat? And I never would have thought it was possible to wear four strong dark different colours. What seems to work is that they're all vivid in the same way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:19 AM) : 

With pants of that length, isn't there always the danger of tripping? They look great. Perhaps wearing heels helps here, because they force you to walk so carefully.

The colors are wonderful, boldness without blare.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:53 PM) : 

She looks great, but her outfit is not vintage! Looks like she bought it all at Co-op or Flying A.....and that bag was not cheap...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:08 PM) : 

Ironically enough, I think she looks much more 'put-together' in the street photo than in the advertisement (except for the makeup). The advertisement ensemble looks a little...forced, IMO.

But you're right. That beautiful hat and those wide-legged jeans really are wonderful. ^^

 

Blogger Kanani said ... (12:39 AM) : 

She's got STYLE --the ability to know how to put things together and be confident enough to do it and be herself.

I think it's painful to see people who have gone to great lengths to buy everything "designer," then walk around like a NASCAR driver with logos!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:48 AM) : 

*gulp*

stunning.

I want to be her future husband.

You've got such a great eye Sart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:40 PM) : 

her outfit is perfect. such great colors, especially the hat with the jacket. and what an interesting face -- really unique beauty.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 PM) : 

such a put together outfitm i love the green and red together

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:13 AM) : 

Like most of you, i read this blog nearly every day. I love Scott's imagery and the sincere way in which he captures real people being real in their stylish moments.
Admittedly, I don't usually read the comments, or take the time to add my own. However, I was curious (and slightly nervous) to read what people might be saying about my photo.

I just wanted to send a big thanks to Scott for his words and thoughts, and to you all for your compliments. You've all made my day/month/year!

Scott, keep up your incredible work. I'm honored to have been able to be a part of it!!!

Warmest,
Julie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:46 PM) : 

Extremely elegant shot. She is just a perfect study in proportion and line combined with controlled style. That hat is perfect. Her long, lean silhouette is very elegant. Personally I am very happy to see such a petite person carry off the wide leg pants.

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (9:39 PM) : 

i love her look and knowing she is only 5'1" is very inspiring as Im 5'3" and love to elongate with clothes....great shot!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:17 PM) : 

Julie

You have a great eye for color, and I hope we see more of it.

Anon

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:36 AM) : 

More shots of Julie please....

-VD-

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:26 AM) : 

I can't believe she is only 5'1". I think it is so ture that cloth does not make a person. It's about finding one's personal style and wardrobe accordingly.

 

Blogger la femme said ... (12:16 AM) : 

what an artiste :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 PM) : 

5'1? Impossible!

How stunning a look, and incredibly flattering. She looks fit for a magazine spread! Beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:48 PM) : 

Tre Chic.

Would not change a thing. Especially enjoy that emerald-green leather jacket on her brown-skintone, and also? Thoses slacks are to-die-for!!!

Go out and buy yourself:

1.trench,
2.wide-leg wool/lycra slacks,
3.boots.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:25 PM) : 

Truly an inspiration, thank you!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting