This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....21st, NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

On the Street....21st, NYC

Comments on "On the Street....21st, NYC"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 AM) : 

Wow! This is the almost over-the-top menage of textures, lengths and prints that I would never attempt, but she pulls it off. People still chuckle at me when I wear my silver Pradas but I think they are fun!!! Like the pic. Jorge from West Palm Beach

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:30 AM) : 

I like this mix of prints/patterns more than the silver coat & different plaids in Paris. I'm sure this is about a total vision of mix, but I like to think of how some of these individual pieces could work differently as key focal pieces. Love the coat, love the bag - these are each very strong elements. She has a great smile. I see your images and wonder where these people are going & how was your interaction with them. Was it brief because they were in a rush? Or do they already know of you & are so flattered by the fact that you want to take their pic? Things I wonder . . . .

 

Blogger Coryn said ... (11:39 AM) : 

A little too busy for my taste. But I do enjoy the colors.

 

Blogger Cassaundra said ... (11:44 AM) : 

what fun, with textures & prints!

 

Blogger stacy said ... (11:59 AM) : 

red checks and red dots?!?

metallic shoes and gloves?!?

what's not to love?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:02 PM) : 

This one is just not working for me, and I rarely dislike anything on here. I do like the mix of black & white check and red & white check, but I guess I don't care for the accessories. I especially don't like the gloves.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:18 PM) : 

I adore the bold pattern as a mix, but the surgical gloves seem a little "off"
she may as well be wearing scrubs.

 

Blogger accentuate said ... (12:22 PM) : 

i love the gloves! they're oddly appealing, they remind me of those green disposable latex ones but clearly more elegant. i appreciate the way the shapes and odd mash of colors work with each other. and those shoes! i want some of those

 

Blogger Anne Corrons said ... (12:25 PM) : 

This bag is amazing! I wish I had met her on the street!

 

Blogger Patrick Booth said ... (12:27 PM) : 

I love all of the settings that you get in your shots. You always capture New York so well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 PM) : 

A low heeled black ankle boot would have made this outfit for me. These shoes make it more "clown" and less "chic".

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 PM) : 

I think this is too much.
Hate those gloves, I have to say :D

That bag is lovely, but it really doesnt work with those other things.

Is my English bad ? :D
My language isnt English. It is Finnish !
I guess u propably noticed that ! :D

hahah.

im 16 and trying to work my English out you know !

 

Blogger Casey said ... (1:54 PM) : 

she's the future!

 

Blogger Thomas said ... (1:55 PM) : 

The gloves definitely confuse me, but the rest of the outfit is sublime - as is the narrowing of the street behind her. Great use of vanishing lines.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:57 PM) : 

Her smile is infectious, but there is WAY too much going on here. The mint-colored gloves, in particular, are off.

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (5:39 PM) : 

This is the kind of outfit I like to see in others: I enjoy it’s brave mix, it’s complexity, etc. But, I wouldn't wear it, at least not now.

This picture looks like a different version of last Friday’s ‘rive gauche’ girl. It’s very interesting to see different ways of doing a similar kind of look.

This girl’s shoes are beautiful!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:41 PM) : 

Just I can say: cool, elegant and amusement!
Ah! and thanks for your job, I love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:42 PM) : 

Do you think she left home feeling confident about her look? Or was she thinking it might not work, but she would try it anyway? Or does she not care? I would love to ask her!

I read this as cute, bold, fun. It seems to be put together in a spirit of lighthearted experimentation.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:19 PM) : 

Finally some fashion forward femininity - I am so glad that she is not wearing platform mary-janes that seem to be the only option women seem to consider at the moment. Love the colour of the gloves.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:20 PM) : 

she is adorable. while she makes bold choices, she wears the clothes instead of the clothes wearing her, which is often so common when someone tries this kind of patter/color mix... she manages true sprezzatura here--utter forward style without looking like she's trying. a great smile, of course, is her most fashionable accessory.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:30 PM) : 

wow!! nice combination of textures & prints...very kool...she can pull that off..

nice..

wiiee
adil sg

 

Blogger mayKosaka said ... (7:34 PM) : 

I think this is the same girl you took a photo of recently. She was on 14th street, great bangs/haircut, great smile again, cigarette box sticking out of her oversized avant-garde black dress shirt.

 

Blogger Reepicheepers said ... (8:15 PM) : 

LOVE the coat...very cool collar and sleeves. Unfortunately, I just have to say "No" to the gloves and the shoes. Especially the shoes...ugh! But she is young and cute, and that makes up for things!

 

Blogger Professor Estevez said ... (9:32 PM) : 

I think her shoes are old Jil Sander. At least they look a lot like my pair. I'm going to dig them out and start wearing them again!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:21 PM) : 

i like that it's intentionally funny. more people should follow her example and take themselves(and fashion) more lightly. start having some fun.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:37 PM) : 

so cute !!! I am loving those 50- 60's inspired swing coats that everyone seems to be wearing. Its just turned autunm over here in Australia and i can't wait to get into some of those coats in the same style. So flattering on so many different body shapes.

Ren..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:25 AM) : 

((gasping))Lord, she is too cute! I love everything about her, The gloves and the silver space shoes(LOVE IT)!

 

Blogger John and Beatrice said ... (4:07 AM) : 

Hurray for the over-the-top collage of color, patterns, and texture.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:20 AM) : 

i have to agree with anonymous @12:37 PM - the shoes just aren't working for me with this outfit. nor is the bag. but i like the way she's mixed patterns and colour. it's definitely not something that would occur to me. it's a shiny happy photo though. i like it :)

 

Blogger jued keigh said ... (9:06 AM) : 

i do love, love, love the gloves. this made me smile. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:59 AM) : 

nope, not this time.
if the shoes had pointy stilleto heels, it might salvage the look.

the prints are seriously hoping mad!
not sure if i like it...

nice setting, must say (:

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:00 PM) : 

THANK YOU for this...I was starting to worry that I was seeing too many fashionistas and not enough stylesters!

 

Blogger mette said ... (1:32 PM) : 

Too much going on here too.

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (2:53 PM) : 

Ew. No. I don't think this ensemble works. A mismatch.

 

Blogger lunares said ... (6:52 PM) : 

i love the colour of the globes, the shoes and the hair cut,so chic.i'm always waiting for your camera in seville.you're my travel eye.thanks

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:35 AM) : 

I get i nice feeling from her, like she was a friend of mine, I'd like her to be.

 

Blogger Lily said ... (3:58 PM) : 

I love this picture; so sunny and springy! (is springy a word?)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 PM) : 

She has got some kind of total personality going on, loads of confidence, yet shy at the same time: you captured this. Easy to pick off her mega fashion 4-ward look: c'mon, it's out there, crazy out there. Yet, she makes it happen with her personality. When you wear it, wear it with confidence and attitude: otherwise it doesn't work. This works. (nothing personal, but I bet she has had some great arguments with her father)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:51 AM) : 

i am an american in shimo-kitazawa, japan right now. this lady is so very japanese right now.

 

Blogger EFEspitia said ... (3:19 PM) : 

The gloves! I love the gloves!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:40 PM) : 

The best: mixing of prints (spots, pictures type Vichy ...), color (red, black, white, blue turquoise, silver) and fabrics (wool, cotton, leather ...).An achievement to mix with so much style, her style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 AM) : 

I have to agree with the comments about the gloves (especially) and the shoes. They detract from the look I think she could have been trying to acheive.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 PM) : 

Great jacket! Not so convinced by the shoes, like many posts here; perhaps something in red. or even red and white check, for the feet would have really tied it all together? A cool look, nonetheless!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting