This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Marni

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

At Marni

Comments on "At Marni"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 AM) : 

i'm just not sure what i think of this bright brights trend...
she does do it well, though...

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:59 AM) : 

Striking. And fabulous legs!

 

Blogger Bari said ... (10:10 AM) : 

Wonderful transitional look - bright colors of spring in layers for cool days. Unfortunately ruined by fur football pads.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:19 AM) : 

Interesting - although I'm not liking the disparity between the weight of the dress vs the weight of the coat.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:23 AM) : 

Lovely. she looks great. i hate to say it, but i love the fur.

 

Blogger J said ... (10:27 AM) : 

i know her. she is a Turkish model. Her name is Ece.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

Amazing colours that shouldn't work, in paper at least, but look fantastic. Very bold. Not so keen on the fur, but I suppose it is more in keeping with the drama of her outfit than a normal scarf.

 

Blogger stacy said ... (10:34 AM) : 

the outfit is all magnificent...and then there are THE LEGS!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 AM) : 

Does this scream 1980's to anyone else? I knew I should have saved some of that neon.

I can't decide if I like it or not. I'm drawn to it but there's still something that bothers me.

Anyway- she looks great.

 

Blogger miss milki said ... (10:43 AM) : 

I Love the yellow and pink together...its a great colour combination! I'm craving yellow right now...I think its a longing for spring. This outfit definately brightens up a grey day. :)

 

Blogger tn said ... (10:44 AM) : 

Hot orange with hot pink is my favorite combination -- always looks fresh and fabulous. Good for her!!

 

Blogger Super Milk-Chan said ... (10:45 AM) : 

Wow. I love the color. This is the same color combo as the April 2008 cover of Lucky Magazine, with Hilary Duff (orange top, pink skirt), but this is so much better. I really disliked it on the Lucky cover, but this girl has really made it work. Her accessories are fantastic.

 

Blogger miss milki said ... (10:49 AM) : 

i didn't notice until I enlarged the photo but those silver gloves are the perfect accessory

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (10:50 AM) : 

Love the pink and orange color combination, anchored by black.

 

Blogger divina said ... (10:55 AM) : 

I'm surprised to see her here because actually her name's Ece Sükan and she's a model from Turkey. She's well known with her different and fashionable style. Although I like what she's wearing in this photo, it's not her best outlook as far as i know her style.

 

Blogger Lauren said ... (10:55 AM) : 

love everything but the fur. those colors...wow!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 AM) : 

I love this outfit but either grey tights and grey booties/heels or bronze shoes with brown tights I would have loved even more. The black is a little harsh with the hot pink skirt. Then again, there are black polka dots on the skirt. tut tut...

 

Blogger OndrejS said ... (11:10 AM) : 

Pink is going to be big. And I like it. My favorite set for next season is low waist, pink back, and flower pattern. So feminine! I like the waistcoat also. Not sure what to think about the fur here. With different settings it might go well since it complements this lady's beautiful hair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 AM) : 

fierce

 

Blogger Mamacita Chilena said ... (11:44 AM) : 

Love the fur!

 

Blogger Paul Kierstead said ... (12:01 PM) : 

Much to my surprise, I really really like this. One would tend to think it would be over the top if you just described it, but somehow she really brought this together.

Very nice shot too; the light fading off with the wall direction to the right and the sort of rough nature of the textures contrasts nicely with the outfit.

 

Blogger La Terpette said ... (12:11 PM) : 

Orange and pink together is my favorite color combination. I actually think the fur works here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:14 PM) : 

I love her orange coat, and the black tights/black shoes. The color contrast is great. And brave for the red lipstick and orange coat combo, love it.

 

Blogger {F} said ... (12:17 PM) : 

Nicely put together.
Not sure about the gloves...

 

Blogger Miss Cavendish said ... (12:42 PM) : 

Splendid colors. I like how the fur grounds the look, making sure it's not carnivalesque.

 

Blogger Eric said ... (12:49 PM) : 

Seriously fun.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:53 PM) : 

So 2010!

 

Blogger Cassaundra said ... (12:54 PM) : 

yes, very brave of her.

bright colors are my favorite,
and what's most interesting is that she has two BRIGHT colors.
and she looks sane.
wow.

i like it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:17 PM) : 

Gorgeous. Riveting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:23 PM) : 

I've always loved orange and pink together.
But the dead animal draped over her shoulders turns me off the outfit completely.

 

Blogger Paul Pincus said ... (1:28 PM) : 

Incredible legs...love the pink...she's ridiculously hot!

The gloves are kinda brilliant!

 

Blogger Emily Knight said ... (1:50 PM) : 

I think the key to the bright colors is that the pieces still look expensive. I think it will be far too difficult for normal women who don't wear designer clothes to pull off those colors without looking cheap.

 

Blogger trinity0207 said ... (1:54 PM) : 

I think the gloves pick up some of the shades in the fur. I like the fur's colors with the pink and orange. Not keen on it's shape. But she and the outfit are very striking.
Btw, what is she wearing on her right wrist? I'm always leaving scrunchi from my hair around my wrist, so that's what it looks like to me. Probably some $$$ Balenciaga bracelet though :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:00 PM) : 

She looks terrific. Excellent look for an unexpected colour scheme. However, I'm not a fan of the fur.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:07 PM) : 

I'm loving this jacket !

 

Blogger Maddcatty said ... (2:20 PM) : 

I like the colors... And ofcourse she is beautiful. I dont like the fur.. which looks like an extension of her hair.. makes it look spread out and weird

 

Blogger NOTcerulean...IT'Slapis said ... (3:08 PM) : 

I have never left a comment on this blog (or any other)... So this shall be my debutante.

For the most part, I think about 30-40% of Scott's photos are truly a fashion orgasm. But those that are, remind me of why I love this business so much.

Her outfit is OK at best, although she needs to pull the hair back if she is going to do a scarf AND the fur.

MORE IMPORTANTLY... I love that this page has become so mainstream. Congratulations to Scott for that. At least people are looking at a fashion source other than US Magazine, Star and People. Have you ridden the subways of NY or LA? Come on ladies, is this really your source of fashion inspiration?

Most of the comments are pretty weak though, and seem to be coming from an uneducated or noninate fashion source. You can't train good taste. Just because you know the "technical" name of a garment does not mean you know style. Again, congratulations to Scott for bringing forth a sight that captures an audience willing to appreciate fashion.

MOST IMPORTANTLY... Scott, where are you when im hanging out downtown? TAKE MY PICTURE!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:13 PM) : 

she's also in a photo on elle mag's website under "street style" section - in that same outfit

 

Blogger Ellen´L said ... (4:54 PM) : 

The colorful is interesting. But what I prefer is her gloves and her scarf ( with a vintage touch).
For me she is dressed ver much with oriental colors, oranges, pinks...Where did you say you´ve been?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:14 PM) : 

This is my favorite photo that you have posted. I love the colors and she is absolutely breathtaking!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:16 PM) : 

Awesome! Inspiring color combo. Does anyone know who the shoes are?

 

Blogger Darlene Sinclair said ... (5:34 PM) : 

Everything is wonderful - I love fur and color and black tights. But the gloves are the only question for me.

 

Blogger Anne Corrons said ... (5:37 PM) : 

This association is amazing and fabulous on her! Not everyone can wear that!

 

Blogger Montgomery said ... (5:59 PM) : 

Indian orange and magenta work so wonderfully together. It reminds me of India and especially Wes Anderson's Daljeering Limited. Just two days ago I wrote a story about a lady dressed in the same colours on my blog. Bravo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:34 PM) : 

wow, all of those textures together are remarkable. lame, wool, fur... she looks amazing indeed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:55 PM) : 

electrifying!!! but the fur is distracting.

 

Blogger suzannemarques said ... (9:10 PM) : 

i love orange and fuschia together. very exotic & modern

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:13 PM) : 

First time I've ever truly disliked a look on here. Awesome, awesome fur, but everything else! The buttons on that coat, pink and black polka dots, anything metallic, and together each piece only makes the others uglier.

 

Blogger Carol Diehl said ... (10:24 PM) : 

Love those colors! And pairing them with black tights seems counter-intuitive, but it works-- making for one of the few instances where black tights are actually daring.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:22 AM) : 

beautifully done!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:04 AM) : 

I love this, and would hesitate to wear one neon color. I think the stole brings in a nice organic/natural touch. It keeps it from going into 80's overdrive. Plus she kept the hair and makeup basic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:59 AM) : 

hey!!! ece sükan...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:28 AM) : 

she is a Turkish model. Also,she has a vintage clothing shop.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:47 AM) : 

Not cerulean...it's lapis...
You seem quite quick to critisize the rest of the readers of this blog for reading mainstream magazines. I find it quite funny that your user name comes from such a mainstream source as a Hollywood blockbuster (The Devil Wears Prada) created with the intention of parodying the fashion industry.
Such snobbery! Where does this come from? Some people have a world outside of fashion, yet enjoy it all the same. Style is not about bieng "educated" in it. So leave the textbook formalism at home and let the people who read this blog speak their minds without worrying about the judgements of some subway-riding fashion nazi.

 

Blogger Chi-Chi and the Greek Vintage said ... (8:29 AM) : 

I love the fur, Vintage?<, collar that she's using as a scarf.
Gorgeous colors!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:19 AM) : 

she looks great! head to toe....and I am greek... :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 AM) : 

I love the comment about the fur preventing this from falling into the carnivalesque. I think that's exactly right, and I *like* that it seems to extend her hair. The whole thing is bright, modern, confident, textured ... thrilling.

And her physical beauty is certainly in full bloom. This is one my favorite shots by far.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:51 PM) : 

The colours are amazing! I feel that the coat trim may be a little too heavy but everything else is perfection. -Ant

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:11 PM) : 

I can see her in 50 years as the new Anna Piaggi.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:14 PM) : 

She is a vision!

 

Blogger Fashionata said ... (5:13 PM) : 

Amazing composition. The brights have been made managable by the darkness of the fur, gloves and leg wear. Just imagine how she would look without those grounding pieces.

Finally, to Anonymouns 3:47 AM regarding "Not cerulean...it's lapis" - Bravo, well said.

 

Blogger dino said ... (6:13 PM) : 

she is famous model ece sükan. she was choosen the fashion icon by wallpaper.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:42 PM) : 

she has her own vintage store in Istanbul and i think the fur is from there.

 

Blogger momo said ... (10:11 PM) : 

The colors remind me of those cartons of sherbet we used to love as kids! We, of course, called it sherbert.

 

Blogger brando said ... (11:19 PM) : 

I'm soo impressed by the combination- this is my new favorite. I really am!

 

Blogger Tina Frey Designs said ... (11:52 PM) : 

I love the mix of colors in her outfit. It is really striking and looks straight out of a page in a magazine. However, I always wonder how likely most people actually wear these colors together in real life...then I realize that these are pictures of people in real life (even if this woman is a model).

I feel inspired to mix these candy colors which I already have in my wardrobe. I just don't usually wear it together like that. I hope my office mates will not be shocked if I come to work in bright orange and pink at the same time!

 

Blogger Christine von Helm said ... (12:17 AM) : 

only two comments:
1. great skirt
2. amazing legs!!

 

Blogger Pistachio Of Liberty said ... (2:13 AM) : 

Am I really the only one here who thinks it's actually the proportion, which leaves much to be desired? I always loved that combo, which reminds me of summer in the '60s. Though it washes me out, I would wear it away from my face (I wonder if this is what she is doing here, using the scarf almost as hair, to make her more of a "winter" hm).

But I just cannot stand the length and shape of that jacket with the tiers in the dress. But - JMHO (apparently!). Oh and I think the gloves are brave and unexpected, which I always like.

 

Blogger aliona kudinova said ... (10:20 AM) : 

great, but i really don't like her gloves, may b they should be long or i would like to see her bold neck...

 

Blogger HuiMing said ... (10:39 AM) : 

fantabulous (:

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:30 PM) : 

my favourite model from my country on my favourite website..I guess today is my lucky day!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 AM) : 

I also like the orange and pink, but I do think the black tights/shoes are sort of heavy with it. On the other hand, I live in a warm climate and would have paired it with perhaps brown or wait until spring/summer, where you rock bare legs w/it.

 

Blogger MayKay said ... (12:53 PM) : 

The proportions, colour combination, silver gloves, grey scarf - all are very good indeed but I dislike the dead animal. Not because it is a dead animal but because it is one detail too many.And the loose hair seems to grow into it....yuck.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:12 PM) : 

you look wonderful ECE

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:25 AM) : 

I completely agree with maylis. The colour combination definitely a favourite.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:19 AM) : 

Glamor taken to a whole new level! I'm glad she chose black shoes to help her upper body really pop. The metallic gloves look adorable reflecting the neon pink and orangle. The fur really adds some class.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:09 AM) : 

Sometimes fashion has to be referential to be understood. There's so many ideas in this look that normally could or should not work together but it's a high editorial look that works. For her.

 

Blogger bengidoralp said ... (4:47 AM) : 

ece you look definitely great!! u made me and turkey very proud of ourself .I think ece is one of the few models that has their own style. she is very different. keep watching u ece , love you.

 

Blogger Cinderelliotte said ... (11:50 PM) : 

you would never think you could wear those colors together but it works on her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:11 PM) : 

very nice blog..........

 

Blogger Joella_Bella said ... (2:45 PM) : 

brilliant!! The fur and black leg saves this outfit!

 

Blogger la femme said ... (12:28 AM) : 

She would certainly stop traffic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:07 PM) : 

Hate the fur!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:02 AM) : 

i love her pink skirt but really dont like orange coat , the combination is not well. when someone wears something different it really doesnt mean it is chic.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting