This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street...Marias, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, February 01, 2008

On the Street...Marias, Paris

Comments on "On the Street...Marias, Paris"

 

Blogger Sam said ... (9:17 AM) : 

If it weren't for the beard he could pass for a woman. I thought Z-Cavariccis went out with break dancing. Silly McTickle...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:37 AM) : 

This guy looks like he could stop traffic. Surely he needs a scarf though for Sartorialist perfection?

 

Blogger bertie said ... (9:50 AM) : 

I love the skinnier jacket paired with the voluminous pants. The elegance of the look harkens back to the glamour of the thirties, but the more textured fabrics give it a very modern feel.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 AM) : 

I have a feeling a lot of people will diss this guy's pants as being too wide, but I like them, particularly with the small jacket and sneakers. In fact, I dress like this, too, and I'm a girl!

 

Blogger jawcey said ... (10:00 AM) : 

I love this look. Laid-back, relaxed, yet totally fashionable...great colours too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:07 AM) : 

Good unisex outfit - I could wear it, in fact, I think I will (I'm a woman). A scarf would be nice indeed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:42 AM) : 

I'd like it better if he had a little colour at the neck.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 AM) : 

The play on proportions and muted colours is great. This outfit seems like a very young idea, as in I could easily imagine someone much younger wearing something like this on a daily basis. At the same time, the individual articles of clothing show evidence of mature tastes. So on him it's a very unexpected look and gives him an air of mystery. Of course his facial expression and poise add to it.

 

Blogger Francesca said ... (11:47 AM) : 

so effortlessly cool! bravo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:56 AM) : 

That jacket is awesome. I want one for me AND my husband!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:52 PM) : 

I love this look. Totally relaxed but with a personality and style. I especially enjoy the shape of the pants.

 

Blogger Casey said ... (12:55 PM) : 

Should the headline be "Marais, Paris?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:02 PM) : 

it actually helped me out alot. i've been wondering how to rock some wide wool pants i got last winter. i have a shearling pea coat of the same lenghth of his, so maybe that's the answer...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:07 PM) : 

He blends perfectly with the background of the photo, something about this man is timeless, his face has character, it dominates the space in the picture jet he is subtle.
Pea Coat is beautiful and hangs so well on his slender body, shoes tell me he is playful, this man has the aura of a street angel.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:17 PM) : 

The look on this guy's face is priceless. As is the fact that one of those posters behind him says "Death to the Young People", his defiantly young manner of dressing seems to concur!

 

Blogger Laurence John said ... (1:21 PM) : 

i think this is all too feminine on him. he looks like he's just stolen a young ladie's clothes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:28 PM) : 

WHAT.
A.
FOX.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:31 PM) : 

i want the lady version of this outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:55 PM) : 

what a fantastic look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:32 PM) : 

I don't know--He is remarkably unkempt and the openess of his neck area looks cold and pitiful. A turtleneck and or scarf would fill in a basically well-proportioned look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:34 PM) : 

I love his pants...
Been searching so long to find a pair like this.
?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:57 PM) : 

I dont like wide pants, but must say this man wear them great.

 

Blogger Patrick Booth said ... (4:33 PM) : 

It is so hard to pull off the slim jacket wide pants proportion. This guy does it wonderfully.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:43 PM) : 

oh wow! this is the first man's look for a long time that has really made me sit up and look at it for a lok time, it's fabulous. i love wide pants on anyone- bring back oxford bags - and this guy hashe hemmed just right and the jacket is to die for with the exaggerated lapel and that curve of the buttons; with the gaulic pulled up collar i don't believe he needs a scarf and plain converse are the only real shoe plain enough not to overpower the whole beautifully balanced look, right down to his wolfy eyes. great find, sart. happy friday!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:02 PM) : 

oh, man! i'm not crazy about the jacket, but i love the pants+sneakers combo. now i need to find some hefty tweed pants with substantial cuffs somewhere.. :)

 

Blogger Urbanknit said ... (5:27 PM) : 

comfortably cool

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (6:18 PM) : 

I like the fact that this would work equally well on a man or a woman. Love the loose trousers with the sneakers.

 

Blogger Zintia said ... (6:36 PM) : 

Awesome

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:45 PM) : 

Marias OR Marais...?

"(...) it actually makes me mad i had to grow up in Indiana"

;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:57 PM) : 

He looks good. Love the unisex feel of the whole thing.

I think it would be great if he was wearing a beautiful cologne as well..I know that's weird to say, but it just struck me as quite necessary for some reason. It seems like using the smell of the cologne as an accessory of sorts would go just wonderfully with the simplistic almost ethereal feel.

Maybe Eau Savage by Dior?

Okay now I'm just in my own little fantasy world..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:05 PM) : 

the jacket is lovely. pants are too baggy so that the jacket does not read. skinny pants would have been better for contrast and attention to the jacket

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:17 PM) : 

L-o-o-o-ove the contrast of the delicate edge of the T shirt against his bare skin, and the weight of the thick fabric of the jacket against the thin T shirt.

The way he dresses suits him...it's effortlessly personal and stylish.

 

Blogger KikiSay said ... (8:10 PM) : 

Tres chic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:25 PM) : 

Man Grace!
Remarkably balanced look from such conspicuous elements. Well done!!!
Oh, and love the attitude.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:53 PM) : 

What...is...with...all...the...sexy...people?

I'm getting befuddled. Not that previous models weren't great or nicely dressed. But the past few days, your shots have been oozing an essence.

The only thing here? I needed to see his top, cuz if it was a deep V neck I would have flown across the waters to see, meet, and perhaps marry this man.

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 PM) : 

I agree on stopping the traffic and on the scarf, but one of those "French scarves" like i like to call them, perhaps with a little touch of color? Anyway... I love this look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:51 AM) : 

WOW! What beautiful tailoring!

Needs different shoes, though.

Very menacing character and if he wasn't a such a fashionista, I would cross to the other side of the street if I bumped into him.

Scary.

 

Blogger Keystofer said ... (3:54 AM) : 

What a great look?! This gentleman makes me wanna try on a pair of wide-leg pants right NOW! But truthfully, all these Parisians are already translating the Fall-Winter 08 looks into life... He looks effortless, chic and very sophisticated.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:12 AM) : 

This was the first time in ages a man's outift has made me sit up right in my chair and look closer!

I swoon.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:21 AM) : 

Do you mean Le Marais? If not, then my mistake. If so, then I'm not surprised that this man looks so amazing! From what I've heard, that particular neighbourhood seems to have a reputation for great culture and stylish people. He looks incredible.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:08 AM) : 

right, I am going to change and put on my tweed trousers now..

 

Blogger suzannemarques said ... (1:07 PM) : 

i like it.. .it does feel very androgynous... we're just more used to seeing women dressing in masculine styles...

 

Blogger An Aesthete's Lament said ... (3:28 PM) : 

Insanely good. Brings to photos I've seen of edgily stylish men in the 1920s and 1930s. Does anybody know about Oxford bags? It's what popped instantly into my mind when I saw this photograph.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:20 PM) : 

This shot actually makes me a little sick that I don't live in Paris! The colours in the picture is so well balanced and the bright poster makes it so now. This is also a brilliant example of how the cut of a jacket can enhance the body's own delicate lines and give the person some stamina and frame. The look reminds me a little of a mix between a Tolstoy-era russian uniform and a 1940's golfer or tennis player. This is how I prefer "retro" with a modern, personal twist. I am convinced he is an interesting bloke to play so elegantly with his silhuet. überchick, well done mr. sartorialist.

 

Blogger Mekko strikes again!!! said ... (9:06 PM) : 

I like the idea of the wide pants with the coat, but the cut isn't flattering with the jacket

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:26 PM) : 

I can't pinpoint why... but I really like this photo! The way he's parted his hair for some reason really goes with the "young-ish" clothes he's got on and he looks very cool and must say, has done a great job pulling it off.

 

Blogger Haley Winter said ... (11:35 PM) : 

I love this look on a man! Very sexy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:45 AM) : 

Ah! Love it. I think 'I swoon' (by anonymous) is quite right.

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (12:53 PM) : 

Great proportions, and I love it with the (canvas?) trainers.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:24 PM) : 

Anonymous said...
i want the lady version of this outfit.

So you want this outfit. Seriously, is this menswear?

 

Blogger ilovesecondhandsmoke said ... (6:02 PM) : 

I was actually considering buying pants with a wider leg but I've been kind of iffy about it. I just might try it now!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:37 PM) : 

LOVE the pants on him! Are those shoes converse? They work.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:53 PM) : 

Am I the only one who doesn't like this at all? The outfit doesn't belong to him. It looks awkward and ill-fitting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:08 PM) : 

I can see myself ( a woman ) wearing this

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:42 PM) : 

must say, i think the youngsters generally try a bit too hard to look cool in paris, but the older generations are marvellous!

 

Blogger lambillio said ... (12:16 AM) : 

i need this coat! where is it from??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:06 AM) : 

Alessandro's smart comment and laughing at Sart's brilliant, well spotted.

Energie

 

Blogger cami falcão said ... (9:42 AM) : 

beautiful portrait.....love all this gray.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:07 PM) : 

ZACH, IT COULD BE FROM ARNY'S

 

Blogger londondog said ... (4:20 PM) : 

Loving it! Absolutely amazing look. So languid, relaxed yet sharp. The exaggerated volume of the trousers is made casual by the immortal Converse in such a perfect understated way.

I even love the subtlety of the ensemble of different shades of grey.

Perfection.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:10 PM) : 

Kind of Denis Lavant-like. magic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:03 AM) : 

the reason so many of the female posters here can "see themselves wearing this" is because theses are women's clothes! sure,he's confident and comfortable with himself, but he sure ain't no david bowie.

 

Blogger dawn said ... (3:19 PM) : 

Oh man, those shoes are so awesome. And I love his gray hair and outfit!

 

Blogger in defense of retail therapy said ... (8:11 PM) : 

absolutely flawless

 

Blogger Hayuju said ... (2:05 AM) : 

I think this smart causal look is suitable for ladies wear~

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:12 PM) : 

wonder why people who visit this site would think his outfit is girlish. looks very comfy. good quality jacket too...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 AM) : 

he has a bit of a sly, androgynous face. if not for that, everyone would praise him for a great look. i like it.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting