This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

The Sartorialist for Men's Ex

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, January 03, 2008

The Sartorialist for Men's Ex



I am very pleased to announce that I have begun a monthly page for the Japanese magazine Men's Ex.
It is a really great magazine with a flair for classic but hip Italian clothing which is very close to my personal style.

here is a link to the blog run by the Editor-in-Chief of Men's Ex Kentaro Matsuo Men's Ex blog

Comments on "The Sartorialist for Men's Ex"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:21 AM) : 

Congrats to you Sir!!

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (11:50 AM) : 

Congratulations, Scott! That's great news. The top page shows you speaking Japanese. Where did you learn Japanese? Just wondering. Keep up the good work. You are the wind beneath my wingtips!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 PM) : 

Stunning amount of text on that cover!

Congratulations ~ Sart's reach keeps pace with his grasp!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 PM) : 

Where in NYC can one buy this magazine?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:20 PM) : 

Congratulation!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:38 PM) : 

I'd guess Kinokuniya might carry it (there's one in Rock Ctr).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:27 PM) : 

u can buy this magazine at asahiya bookstore in 45st bet 5 and madison.
u can also find leon and zino that are better in my opinion.
i dont understand a word of japanese but i certainly enjoy the pictures and tips.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (4:34 PM) : 

wow, what a nice browser. which one do you use?

and congrats with your monthly page in Men's Ex.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:03 PM) : 

Ahh I love the Japanese mags... Go to Kinokuniya books in Manhattan. Hands down the best place for this kind of stuff.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:13 PM) : 

Hello Scott,

I'm from the Chi born and raised. I read your lamentation about not getting good photos. Man, a lot of it has to do also with the tourist influx on the mile and the conservative dress code. Hey when you come back, check out Wicker Park. There's a boutique there, among other things, called Gamma Player they always surprise me. Also, check out the financial district. I know what I said eariler but, some people really know how to work with those rules or break them.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:46 PM) : 

Scott, congratulations! You do beautiful work . . . and it is paying off!

 

Blogger Paige said ... (6:56 PM) : 

Congrats!

Hmmm, why does it seem like everything in japanese looks so cool? I think it's the cool japanese characters(kanji) that look so artistically appealing...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:51 PM) : 

You're now "big in Japan"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:45 AM) : 

From the little I could decipher from that page, the topic at hand are about suits (obviously). The caption in the larger image says something about how sharp the look is. And on the bottom right image, it looks like a "cool" suit ;)

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (6:46 AM) : 

That is amazing! Congrats!

 

Blogger Berkley Magazine said ... (2:11 PM) : 

There's nothing that makes you more happy than getting to share your art or opinions/ideas with the rest of the world.

I will be moving to London in two weeks and will hopefully be able to break out of the blog world into the commercial market and get paid for my work. Either way congrats!

 

Blogger JW said ... (10:24 AM) : 

Congratulation! I'm sure this is a great new experiences working together with Japanese....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:37 PM) : 

The February edition of Men's EX just came out on 1/4 in Japan, and I headed over to the local booksellers to pick up a copy (way up in the mountains of Nagano but they had it). The Sartorialist is featured again! The Sartorialist is an excellent addition to this great monthly magazine. This month's major feature is a ranking of the best men's shoes for 2008. John Lobb, Edward Green and Trickers are the top three. Worth picking up. Congratulations, Scott!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:48 AM) : 

i always just browse your blog, but today i leave my message here to congratulate you from Japan.

it says your blog has a big influence on fashion scine in the world, have a look and follow them in the styles!

 

Blogger Hiromi said ... (11:26 AM) : 

Congratulations from Japan!

Wow! As I was browsing the website, I suddenly found the cover that I've been familiar with! I'd like to check it out when I go to a bookstore.

Keep going!

 

Blogger zilch said ... (11:05 PM) : 

Congradulations!! That's so wicked! I love Japanese mags too because there is always tons of info plus it's good Japanese practice for me. Though I must admit being a girl, I get funny looks standing in the mens fashion mags area from time to time :p
I look forward to reading it!

Wendy

 

Blogger Chucky said ... (6:32 AM) : 

Nice Blog....Where in London can I buy this magazine?

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting