This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

One of My Favorite Sartorialiste'

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

One of My Favorite Sartorialiste'

Comments on "One of My Favorite Sartorialiste'"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:51 PM) : 

She is gorgeous and her facial and bodily expression!--as delicate as it is strong. Perfect haircut for her face shape and the blues and grays really bring out her skin tone and the untreated colour of her hair, whose wispiness is echoed by the fringe of the perfectly proportioned scarf that she is wearing. Everything is so effortlessly contained...

I want the shoes. Are they dark brown or black? I hope they are the chocolate brown hue that has the kind of blue undertones that match the rest of her so well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:07 PM) : 

yesss!!!
it's so lovely to see how women work with proportions without relying on the tights/skirt/dress combo. what an inspiration!!! definitely copying the look tomorrow. my favourite sartorialiste thus far!

 

Blogger warrior of tenderness said ... (9:31 PM) : 

Great pant length.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:04 PM) : 

the only clue i got about this person's gender is the title of the pic. whether a man or a woman, the look is so nice. i need to try this one as soon as i can.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:21 AM) : 

Once again-she or he? I´d bet this time that it is a she. Wearing a very mascular outfit. I miss the feminine touch.

 

Blogger Emma said ... (12:32 AM) : 

i actually don't mind the length of the pant here...

 

Blogger starbahks said ... (12:40 AM) : 

wow.
this photo has just inspired an outfit for me.

she looks amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:53 AM) : 

i love the colours.
i love the pant length.
i love that certain amount of slouch in the pants.

-tanya

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:55 AM) : 

Great photo! She should smile though, she looks great. Life can't be that bad...

 

Blogger rosemary x said ... (2:35 AM) : 

brilliant and amazing.

sexy androgyny at its best.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:24 AM) : 

Oh, perfect!

Reminds me of www.hope-sthlm.com.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:15 AM) : 

The sweater underneath the jacket is by far my favorite item she is wearing. The fit of the pant suprised me at first, but I do agree in this context, it works. Well done!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:16 AM) : 

What on earth is a Sartorialiste apostrophe? I love how attuned you are to the smallest details of style but please extend that attention to your punctuation and spelling.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (8:51 AM) : 

Wow. You've caught a moment. Beautiful. Love the trousers.

 

Blogger AM said ... (9:31 AM) : 

As someone who is trying to transition gracefully from tomboy to something close to androgynous with a little girliness, I love seeing that a woman can pull off a look like this and still look totally sexy. I'm putting this in my inspiration folder. She kinda reminds of Leslie Feist in 20 years.

 

Blogger Luciernaka said ... (1:21 PM) : 

it is very elegant and intelligent and moody all at once. a better word- clever. she looks very clever and I want to go for a swim now. in the ocean. a blustery one.

 

Blogger stacy said ... (1:38 PM) : 

I love navys and greys together.

Plus the brown shoes?!? Who knew?

Love the posture.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:07 PM) : 

Tomasina Browne?
Anyway, I love the window pane shirt with the pinstripe jacket.

However, I think that is a look best left for a woman. Little boy style. A man over 30 would simply look sloppy.

 

Blogger glass1/2full said ... (3:37 PM) : 

dude,
from one photog to another...great shot. beautiful portrait! wonderful
body language, posture, clothes(obviously), the way the window echos her body, thoughtful expression, the nooks/window that balances the composition. sorry, gettin' geeky here.
well done.

 

Blogger Mervis said ... (3:56 PM) : 

i find this look so somber and sad. if i were feeling bad about the world, i would wear that and stand in front of that wall.

but where is the joy? where is the colour? where is the joie de vivre?

the outfit isn't ugly. but it also isn't fun. i love the photo - but this would never be a place of inspiration for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:56 PM) : 

Hella cool.
I'd say more but that pretty much sums up her look :)

 

Blogger Eryl Shields said ... (5:04 PM) : 

She's so cool.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:05 PM) : 

Well done, Sartorialiste, to make these unusually proportioned trousers so chic without being contrived.

And I like the facial expression!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:09 PM) : 

What a beautiful tone in this scene and could the background be more perfect?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:32 PM) : 

She is thinking about...

the fragility of love?
the lump in her breast?
the coldness of the stars?
the fleetness of life?

Or maybe just her credit card debt...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:36 PM) : 

Amazing, that,s all I can say

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:56 PM) : 

awesome outfit, epecially the lenghts of everything and the shoes together with the scarf and the pants. it looks like what i wore today, but my pants had 2 roll-ups of course, because that's how i roll

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 PM) : 

as soon as i saw this, the first thing that popped into my head was, 'melancholique'.

i like to think that this is an example of true self expression. it's alright to feel blue. life is never perfect and it is the moments when you are most down that make life so beautiful.

when i saw this picture, this is what i thought and felt. our clothes don't have to embody 'joie de vivre' all the time, it is an extension of ourselves.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:37 AM) : 

At last a woman who is not trying(too hard) to look like a little girl or worse a teenager.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:32 AM) : 

She looks just like Ines de la Fressange! I thought it was her at first glance.

 

Blogger °m° said ... (3:21 PM) : 

fragile e forte allo stesso tempo, due poli opposti che si incontrano... I love this!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:33 PM) : 

Virginia Woolf of the 21st century.

 

Blogger adriaan said ... (4:38 AM) : 

fantastic ! it feels like being back 20 years ago waiting in line for a yamamoto show in paris...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:34 AM) : 

Love the outfit but face it; it could have been me... except for the pants, shoes (and the hair).
I would have chosen a pair of pants in style of the 40's (Garbo/Dietrich/Hepburn).
All the factors that differs her from me is actually the factors that makes her style fashion-forward, and me... well, quite traditional...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 AM) : 

She's utterly fab. I deeply appreciate her successful execution of a cerebral look. It's severe, but considered. So refreshing! Holla!

 

Blogger statuskuo said ... (11:53 AM) : 

Ok, someone please help me: I've been looking. Where do I find shoes like these, for women? (And don't say "look at Zappos"...)I'm not in the NYC area either (SF is more like it).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:35 PM) : 

absolutely gorgeous--THANK YOU!!!

and for those interested Paul Smith has a line of womens shoes called "for men only" and they do a great wingtip and other nice masculine styles.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:39 PM) : 

fantastic and why I quit the fashion mags and just look at your wonderful photos.
My big wish for you in 08 is to get a money-bags backer (without fashion industry ties and the obligatory ads) to do a wonderful maybe quarterly sartorialist book...perhaps formated like the beautiful RPM books or maybe like the new DWR "yearly books." your great shots and not-jaded voice and perhaps some interviews with the stylish as opposed to the fashionable. I have been dreaming of this for years.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:43 PM) : 

Why do so many people insist that women smile for the camera?!
Men seem to be able to get away with different expressions w/o a chorus of commenters piping up about wanting 'joie de vivre' and such...

This is a lovely photograph of a stylish woman who, in my opinion, is made all the more stylish because she isn't presenting herself as easy/breezy/happy/girlish. The downcast eyes, the hands in the pockets, the meandering foot speaks more about the woman than a 'smile for the camera' moment ever would.

Beautiful. Just beautiful...

 

Blogger emc2 said ... (9:29 PM) : 

I usually hate this pant style. But this time, I adore it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:56 PM) : 

I've seen this lady a couple of times now on the Sart. This is my favorite photo...I love her androgynous look without fitting into the typical rough/dirty/teen cliche.

Does anyone know who she is? Does she work at Dries? She's my new style hero.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting