This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Mr. Jeremy Hackett, Pitti Uomo

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, January 24, 2008

On the Street....Mr. Jeremy Hackett, Pitti Uomo


Comments on "On the Street....Mr. Jeremy Hackett, Pitti Uomo"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:46 AM) : 

what a GREAT face!!!

the bow tie is okay too,

but the face!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:46 AM) : 

Quietly impeccable.

 

Blogger stacy said ... (9:52 AM) : 

Dots, checks and stripes...nicely done.

 

Blogger NorthShore Chicago said ... (10:06 AM) : 

For the first time in my life, I want to wear a bow tie. This look is impeccable. It presents a timelessness that is still quite modern.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 AM) : 

Jeremy always tries FAR too hard; and anyone who has shopped at Hackett must have noticed the apalling drop in standards. "English" style seen through the eyes of Ralph Lauren and then devalued further by being watered down with yet more "Englishness" and "discretion". Really quite boring I'm afraid!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:40 AM) : 

Love his hair!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 AM) : 

Thank You! Wake up folks this is how a grown man should dress. Dignity with flair.

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (11:17 AM) : 

Beautiful photo, Sart! Thank you. Jeremy (we're on first name basis, you know;) has been a 'hero' of mine since the '80s. He's done very well for himself. The store Hackett has since been coopted by the chav and minor public school element, but Hackett the man remains an enormous inspiration.

I love everything that is going here: the navy flannel chalk stripe suit, microcheck shirt with double cuffs, polka dot bowtie, cigar. Good Lord, this is Winston Churchill reincarnated (albeit a much younger, slimmer WC). Even the hair, combed back and to the side, has that classic slightly windswept look. Well done.

Sart, thank you for a wonderful photo. This sort of look never goes out of style. This is the ideal.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:30 AM) : 

It is a man like Jeremy who has given me the inspiration to wear bow ties! I bought many over the past week, and love them!

I love standing out with a fun bow tie.

 

Blogger reverend dick said ... (12:34 PM) : 

Laguna Beach Trad gives me the creeps.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:13 PM) : 

It is nice that the color of the suit is a little brighter than your standard navy blue...at least on my monitor. ;-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:47 PM) : 

I just love the shirt, the tiny plaid and forget-me-not blue! I had to blow a kiss towards my screen.

 

Blogger Easy and Elegant Life said ... (2:10 PM) : 

Also a favourite combination of Ian Fleming. It's a classic look, stylish, not fashionable. Thanks for the close up detail to show off the micro-check shirt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:38 PM) : 

Word, reverend dick.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (2:39 PM) : 

I was just at Pitti Uomo, but was too shy to approach you.
Saw tons of fabulous men, including an Asian guy with long hair, a deep purple long coat and bright green leather bag, but I couldn't chase him down for a photo. I'm wondering if you caught him?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:02 PM) : 

I love laguna beach trad's thoughtful analysis with detail and description. I often am inspired to return to the photo after reading his comments.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:30 PM) : 

Are the pants black? ...with a blue coat?

 

Blogger Dovid said ... (3:42 PM) : 

Does his jacket sleeve have 5 buttons?
Hmmm...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:45 PM) : 

Sorry Mr Hackett, but for the scale is all wrong, and i love chalkstripe but the fabric looks, umm, cheap? the checks are too small for the suit and the spots of the bow tie are too big for the shirt and the shade of blue too dark. Having said that his hair is perfect and i just know he is wearing a fine cologne....
i, too, like laguna beach trad's carefully thought remarks/outspoken opinion and often scan the comments to find out what he has said. preferred the old photo though, Laguna.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:50 PM) : 

I cannot believe people are actually calling JH a boring dresser?
It's the standard of modern british style, impeccably tailored an incredible show of great personal style and a true gentleman's way of life
some people just want to find the little things that are not "ok"
Rules are made to be broken and set up by people who dare not to brake them either

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (4:50 PM) : 

Wow! I am a fan of those colours, details and textures, the lower picture shows them so greatly!

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (4:51 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger Richard said ... (5:54 PM) : 

This is a great photo, and it is truly inspirational. I am a fan of mixing patterns, and I appreciate a man that feels confident wearing a bow tie. Many fear looking feminine while adorning the bow, but this gentleman makes it look masculine. Thanks again, and I love the blog.

 

Blogger Caroline said ... (8:01 PM) : 

i will be in this exact spot in a few days! hopefully planning to do some style hunting/street photography myself.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 PM) : 

The hair may be the best thing here. The cloth is also great, I wish more men would wear good flannel like this. I'm not a fan of the style of the suit though-shoulder pads, hacking pockets, deep darts, only 2 buttons instead of 3-it's a bit too flashy for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:50 PM) : 

Studied fop....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:58 AM) : 

Big big fan of your blog - my sister works for Hackett. Every time I go home my father has a new suit from there!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:53 AM) : 

Viktor, Hackett? Impeccably tailored???? The shirt, and ultimately the suit, with that heavy cloth and not especially fine roll of the lapel have to be off the peg. Successful off the peg, I will grant you, but this still falls very short from the best of Savile Row and proper tailoring...

The combination of colors is pretty good, but I question the execution. The bow tie is imperfectly tied to show that it is not a clip on, but it looks stiff and clumsy rather than stylish in my eyes.

Hackett in this style strikes me as more for the city broad boys than for the elegant crowd.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:29 AM) : 

The look: bloodless plutocrat.

Has this man made an e-scape from the 1980s? (At least in spirit, that is.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 AM) : 

How come the snarky comments are, more often than not, anonymous?

 

Blogger tintin said ... (3:21 PM) : 

Hackett is a favorite store of mine. They made a go of it in the states (NYC, I think) but it didn't catch on. Lauren's Rugby did a pretty god job of knocking the concept off. Still, I like Rugby and Hackett. Bought a tweed hacking jacket from their London store (near Leadenhall Market) in '91. I'm too fat to wear it anymore but I can't give it up. It's not the 80s. It's timeless.

 

Blogger OTC said ... (5:17 PM) : 

Wow, a lot of back and forth on this one. Personally, I am a big fan of Mr. Hackett.

Knock him all you want, but he is very much the originator of the classic English sporting style that every retailer and his brother has co-opted.

I think it's a great outfit because it isn't perfect. He looks like he got up, went to the closet, pulled out some clothes he liked, dressed and went out. If anything, perhaps the tie is a slight bit too floppy for my taste but that's a minor aside.

And I highly doubt that he's wearing an off the peg suit. If he is, I'd like to know which peg so I can get one myself.

 

Blogger lauren ashley said ... (12:56 AM) : 

this bow tie is fan-tabulous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:50 AM) : 

I don't think he tied the bow to show off that it's not a fake. I think he tied it like that because when you tie it prim it looks very staid and timid; that is, it makes one look like a nebbish. Le Corbusier used to tie his knots in a similar fashion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:45 AM) : 

The bow tie is both elegant and bold. Just began wearing them myself and enjoy the attention they bring.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:16 PM) : 

The lapels look like an Oxxford's.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:19 AM) : 

Well, I'm English, and this gentleman exactly fits my idea of what the perfect New Yorker of a certain age should look like! If I saw him here in London, I would instantly think "American!" Very Alec Baldwin. And Alec Baldwin for me is one of the best-dressed men around.

 

Blogger An Aesthete's Lament said ... (9:09 PM) : 

That is how I would dress every day ... if I had the money.

 

Blogger Kits said ... (2:27 AM) : 

I love the bow tie

 

Blogger Luke in Progress said ... (10:56 PM) : 

I want to adopt him as my strange uncle who the family doesn't really like but always comes and tells me awesome stories of the outside world!
Yah, that would be fantastic.

 

Blogger Jazzbuff630 said ... (11:33 AM) : 

I admire any man with the cojones to wear bow ties. I own several myself, but don't want to be mistaken for a guy selling bean pies. Bowties are "natty", as opposed to "sartorial". I especially love polka dot bow ties.

His could have been tied just a little more symmetrically.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:45 AM) : 

Tell me what to do to get this suit !! pleaseee!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:26 AM) : 

what we have to say is where we found the best gentle man in this photo!

Perfect classical Hair Stlye,
of course looking great with his face...with everything!

Great Great!

 

Blogger nidyawiguno said ... (5:50 AM) : 

his bow is soooooo cute :D

 

Anonymous VaneV said ... (5:18 PM) : 

This look is soooo Mr. Jeremy, He is is the image of the "Perfect British Look"
I´m a Huge Fan of Hackett Brand!!!
Well done Mr. Hackett

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting