This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Camel & Grey, Milan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Sunday, January 13, 2008

On the Street....Camel & Grey, Milan

Comments on "On the Street....Camel & Grey, Milan"

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (6:10 AM) : 

Charming lady! Perhaps the bag is too overwhelming and I would have put that same scarf in a different way, but the whole outfit is very harmonious in shapes and colors.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:15 AM) : 

Lovely smile!
And I like her outfit: a way to be feminine in cold weather.
I want those shoes!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:26 AM) : 

I don't like the combination of the collar with the scarf. Too many big volumes separating the head from the body. The dress seems a bit bland from afar, she could wear a belt to fluff it up a little.
Sorry for being critical, to me this outfit doesn't quite work.

 

Blogger Ms Baroque said ... (7:43 AM) : 

Cute - very cute! Not quite sure what the dress is doing, especially with that coat, but you have to allow people these things - and I like the mixed-up-ness of it all, which works because of the tidiness of the two colours. The natural-coloured soles of the shoes are a brilliant stroke. Altogether cute as a button.

 

Blogger zzZDooRbEllZzz said ... (7:58 AM) : 

wow. once again, i'm loving the matching colours between the subject and background.

 

Blogger Jae Young said ... (8:07 AM) : 

Would like to see a little more of the dress. The matching of the dress and the tights is nice. I like the jewelery but otherwise, it's just okay for me. Bless her heart if she can wear that outfit when it's raining or wet.I am not so brave. I'd worry about slipping or ruining my coat, since it looks like suede.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:48 AM) : 

This is amazing. The texture of the dress/skirt? goes so well with her legs...She couldn't have designed the contrast between legs and neck any better. props.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:51 AM) : 

So elegantly put. Her colors even match with the background..the wet floor and the buildings..Very beautiful

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:56 AM) : 

This is a beautiul picture, she looks brilliant. I love the colours/tones and the shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 AM) : 

Barbie, meet Ken (just above.)

 

Blogger Kara said ... (9:55 AM) : 

love it.
The play with length,
the colors mutually complementing,
her lovely smile and natural look,
the fact I'd almost kill for her legs .
Beautiful.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (9:59 AM) : 

Oh, it's the girl of my dreams.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 AM) : 

Shes' hot. American women should take notice, stop bleaching their hair, throw away the flip flops and at least try to look like they have a brain.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:27 AM) : 

Things I would never have thought to combine. She looks fantastic!

 

Blogger Susan B said ... (10:35 AM) : 

I love the camel/grey combo, but also how she's created interest with mixed textures and lengths. Her smile is stellar. Gorgeous!

 

Blogger Alysa said ... (10:37 AM) : 

I love how she can wear two significant neck accessories and still not look overloaded. This is one of the best looks/colour combinations I've seen on here in a while.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 AM) : 

interesting way to tie scarf, the loose version of the loop-through that we all no-noed discussed on the 12/10 post. I like this way better.

I'm liking this whole outfit sans the shoes.

But I think her beaming smile makes up for them.

 

Blogger Drömma-Lotta said ... (11:09 AM) : 

Looks like she's in LOVE :-)
_I'm_ in love with her coat and shoes :0)
Wery nice photo!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 AM) : 

shes just so happy! love the colours, especially her hair.

 

Blogger Emma said ... (11:25 AM) : 

i love everything save the scarf. i feel like it makes the look top heavy with the fur.

 

Blogger Mother Gin Sling said ... (11:53 AM) : 

Magnifico! The alliage between shades of grey and brown/beige is the best way to escape to the dullness of mono-black so much overrated in NYC. The clothes themselves are not spectacular (what's the odd hemline of her dress?) but accessoires are great---an this mix of colors is one of the very few, if not the only one, that truly permits the mix of gold and silver... the bag!---too bad we can't see much of it. Great shoes too, it boosts her whole silhouette.

 

Blogger hannah said ... (11:59 AM) : 

that is a lovely ensemble.

 

Blogger Johanna said ... (12:15 PM) : 

Tres adorable!

I love the fold of her scarf and the cut of the hem on her sweater dress -- perfect to show off those long, long legs!

 

Blogger Paul Pincus said ... (12:25 PM) : 

Everything works here. She's a goddess.

Random sex appeal quote:

"In America sex is an obsession, in other parts of the world it is a fact."

-Marlene Dietrich

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:40 PM) : 

I love it!!! Grey and brown - one of my favourite mix. I wish I could be so brave to dress like this while it's raining!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:05 PM) : 

so perfect!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:12 PM) : 

OMG!!! This girl's gorgeous!!! And the outfit is perfect!!! I can't stop looking at her!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:14 PM) : 

You've photographed her before...in the fall I think? I remember her gorgeous bright smile. This outfit is to die for, I LOVE the shoes and tights.

 

Blogger Slimbolala said ... (1:18 PM) : 

Good black (grey?) brown combo.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (1:22 PM) : 

Simply lovely to behold.

 

Blogger Jamie Welsh Watson said ... (1:28 PM) : 

I like this combination. I also love seeing when people get dressed up in the rain. For some reason, the rain makes me not want to dress up. I should suck it up and use these images as inspiration.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:44 PM) : 

Lovethecolors. I think the outfit would have looked better without the long winter jacket over it.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:46 PM) : 

How come I never see people like this?!?

I mean really, I have never seen someone so well put together in real life. And so beautiful too. I would marry her on the spot!

 

Blogger Aaron said ... (1:47 PM) : 

Beautiful!

I love how at ease your subjects are. They look so comfortable in their own skin. How do you do it?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:50 PM) : 

Charming and lovely, especially because the overall look is not too wintery, but light - and still warm enough (apart from her feet maybe). I love it.

 

Blogger We Bite The Sharks said ... (3:05 PM) : 

how chic of her!

nice post.

I love her shoes...and the outfit is very classic and edgy all at the same time.

-Emmy

 

Blogger CaitlinRoberts said ... (3:16 PM) : 

i agree about the scarf and collar being overwhelming. I do like the dress coat and tights together. I feel the shoes and scarf break up the outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:00 PM) : 

enchanting lady.
is she cristina parodi? if not, she looks like her very much.

 

Blogger Carol Diehl said ... (4:28 PM) : 

Beautiful...opulence done in the nicest way...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:33 PM) : 

she looks to be a fashionista, but without the ubiquitous pigeon-toed pose ---yay for her! Her stance and attitude is natural and confident.

A agree she might have tried another scarf, but besides that, I love everything about this --the proportions and the colour. The bag works so perfectly, with the silver matching the grays.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:34 PM) : 

I could never understand how women would think that open-toe shoes with tights is attractive. Other than that, she looks good.

 

Blogger Marge Bjork said ... (4:49 PM) : 

her smile!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:29 PM) : 

the blue and light browns make a great pair! i agree about the configuration of the scarf. i must reposition mine about 99 time a day! and do your thing with the bag ! please dont match them, they stand on their own.. you dont dress your child to match your outfit do you? i know my gfriend considers her bags and shoes her children! my only problem is the tights with and open toe. a couple great alternatives would be...
peep toe/ fishnet,
open toe / stirrup
open toe / legging
even just cutting the tights...which would match the hem of the sweater dress!
oh and nice ring, works well!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:31 PM) : 

i love the off cut of her dress, and the two differently shaped long necklaces under the scarf.
also not a big fan of that collar, though. but her hair above it is gorgeous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:24 PM) : 

Match of geometric accessories is great and the mix of silver and gold is in to the look. And that mirror effect, that gives wet pavement, makes her legs look even longer (if not just above the ground?..)

 

Blogger Ange said ... (8:16 PM) : 

I absolutely love this look!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 PM) : 

She is very beautiful . The shoes don't go with the outfit IMHO!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:29 PM) : 

Wow! Love the short dress with the long coat. She does the warm/cool color thing very well, which is helped by the gleaming gold trinkets. Those gorgeous legs don't hurt either.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:32 AM) : 

I think we have seen her before. Just a month or two ago, in red. She is very pretty.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:32 AM) : 

this is gorgeous. if i saw her on the street, i too, would have to stop and talk to her and congradulate her on her wonderful paycheck (obviously the source of her beautiful wardrobe) and her amazing eye that enables her to make the best of said paycheck. but i wouldn't mention the paycheck because that would be rude. i would certainly think it, though, and as this is the internet, albiet your little space of internet, i shall say what i think. only in this instance though, only in this instance. providing you agree with what i think, and allow this comment to be posted. in any rate you will have read it to be the judge of whether or not it goes up and i shall have to take this oppertunity to congradulate you on being in the right spot at the right time to capture this gorgeous woman and her gorgeous legs and that dress, coat, stockings and shoe combo. wham bam thank you maam. (or stam, the agyness deyn tshirt way)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:55 AM) : 

I LOVE this photo, and I also adore her outfit (except I might choose a different bag and scarf, but in the same colours). It's summer here in Australia, and this pic makes me looong for autumn - my favourite season. Unlike the people who said rain puts them off dressing up, or who find this outfit 'brave', I'm most inspired by gloomy weather! (All those lovely layers and possibilities of combinations.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:25 AM) : 

She's adorable, but I do want to get her different shoes. I can just imagine her clink-clanking around those wet streets getting her toes wet. Yuck. The bag is... ugh. But gosh, she's Adorable! And the color scheme is lovely and I don't totally mind the scarf and collar together... love the necklaces and tights.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:42 AM) : 

Perfection.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:01 AM) : 

she's gorgeous and the fur on her coat looks sumptuous. i am in LOVE with the brocade pattern on her scarf. A+!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:51 AM) : 

Its Louise Roe - and i think she looks fantastic. I love the scarf with the necklaces, the colour combination. The perfect mix of the tights with the dress and i like the shoes too - i am sure they were a bit soggy at the end of the day but to look that good i wouldnt care!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:55 AM) : 

Simply beautiful!
So chic, so classy...!
Love it!

 

Blogger Sam said ... (9:57 AM) : 

She reminds me of Jane Fonda circa 1960's. I am in love.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:16 AM) : 

I remember her in the red dress. Smile is still great! I'd be so pleased to have a girlfriend who looked this charming all the time.

 

Blogger s.212 said ... (10:56 AM) : 

oh oh this is the same woman who wore the bright red dress right Sart? i loved her outfit in that picture and I love her outfit in this one as well! and she's got a great smile too :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 AM) : 

I am in love with her. I still remember her other outfit, the red dress and the white jacket.

 

Blogger FreshSamantha said ... (11:47 AM) : 

I love her I love her I love her.

Does anyone know if this coat is faux fur or real ? I'd only want it if it were faux– and if so, where do I find it? Or something like it?

A little help?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 PM) : 

Yes, we have seen her before, the red dress + white coat + legs, legs, legs. Beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:31 PM) : 

She looks stunning! However I would never opt for such shoes on a rainy day.
Sart, I love your blog! Greetings from unusually warm, wintery Poland.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:14 PM) : 

I am moving to Milan right now. I love it.

 

Blogger hughmac13 said ... (8:11 PM) : 

Pure smoke.

 

Blogger Kara said ... (10:14 PM) : 

I absolutely disagree with the people who are disputing the open-toed shoe with the tights. I like it. The look works especially well with a tight that's darker than the shoe.

 

Blogger Keystofer said ... (1:03 AM) : 

she's a star! what a beautiful smile... gorgeous hair... her style though (i have to say) is good... but not great... then again, she just seems so adorable...

 

Blogger Joy Burns said ... (6:57 AM) : 

I love it! She looks fantastic. I´d like to have a look into her closet, I´d find more I probably liked.

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (10:01 PM) : 

Love the shoes and those mile long legs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:23 PM) : 

I usually loathe the open-toe/stocking thing, but this is one of the few times that it has been executed really well.

Although she is really trendy - it doesn't seem so forced.
And I agree, her smile finishes the whole look.
It is nice to see people having fun with fashion.

 

Blogger lorrwill said ... (11:42 PM) : 

Very pretty lady...showing way too much thigh to be tasteful.
Good color combination, however.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:30 PM) : 

She's hot

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:32 PM) : 

I like everything except her shoes.

 

Blogger grenadine said ... (9:12 PM) : 

lovely smile and so very chic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 PM) : 

to the girl in red,

now i like the girl in grey. you are still stunning.

 

Blogger discotheque confusion said ... (7:19 AM) : 

Vogue TV's Louise Roe has clearly got herself a fantastic paris fw wardrobe.

Loved the red military jacket and anklebiting jeans combo I spotted her wearing.

 

Blogger Jennifer Anyan said ... (3:28 PM) : 

Louise, as always looking fabulous!
I love the contrast between the dress and coat lengths.

 

Blogger Grace Community Garden said ... (4:53 PM) : 

She radiates...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:01 AM) : 

Ciao, ti ho vista anche su facehunter! Sei bellissima! Where are you from?

 

Blogger Olimpia Liberti said ... (2:23 PM) : 

Love it!! She have something that it's very charming, and gorgeous shoes!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:02 PM) : 

I love the contrast between the long luxurious feeling coat and short little dress.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:28 AM) : 

excellent combination. Very well put together, it is stylish and has a youthful feeling to it. I love it and agree that the sole of the shoes add the finishing touch!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:29 PM) : 

as obvious as it may be, this picture must remind us that the way a woman holds herself and clothes herself can be a huge factor in whether we are attracted to her or not.

 

Blogger doingtheunstuck said ... (3:25 PM) : 

she looks lovely. what a beautiful coat, and a such an intersting dress. I'm wondering if it wraps...and what might be going on underneath!

My only critique is amied at the choice of footwear. While those shoes are fabulous, open toe shoes don't make sense for that weather, and I am annoyed by the stocking seam peaking out at us.

stellar smile.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:56 PM) : 

Louise Roe from Vogue TV... shes british people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO6bMWACF-E

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:33 PM) : 

What a lovely lady. I like the long coat and the short dress. But does somebody knows the brand of the bag ? I find it fabulous ! Can you answer, please, if you know ?

 

Blogger Marissa said ... (12:51 AM) : 

i have see this girl before on this site and i loved her before. she was wearing a red dress and a white jacket. she looked so fresh and happy. and again she does here.
who is she?????

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:02 PM) : 

Adorei cheia de estilo, lindo e de muito bom gosto eu provavelmante também me vestiria assim em um lugar tão frio!!! Arrasou!!!

 

Anonymous Martina said ... (8:41 PM) : 

Fantastic!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:03 PM) : 

hey she is louise roe (plain jane),and she is cool!i love her style :)

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting