This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....A Little Touch Of Color

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, January 03, 2008

On the Street.....A Little Touch Of Color

Comments on "On the Street.....A Little Touch Of Color"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:42 AM) : 

I absolutely love your photography, but I have to echo a comment I've already seen on this blog: What is it with all of these pigeon-toed women? It looks awkward at best, and painful at worst.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (9:48 AM) : 

Carine allways looks amazing! Love her shoes!

 

Blogger Daniel D'Armas said ... (9:51 AM) : 

Once I saw a documentary on Carine Roitfeld and Vogue Paris, and when Riccardo Tisci offers her a yellow haute couture Givenchy gown she looks at him awkward and says "I never wear yellow". Now that she's fallen in love with Tisci's work see what we have!
go Carine! always fierce

 

Blogger Blue Floppy Hat said ... (10:03 AM) : 

She's really been working the sharp shoulder of late- though I love the fact that she's slung it over her shoulders like a cape instead of putting it on. And if my legs are even a quarter as fab as hers when I'm fifty, I will be a very happy girl indeed :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:07 AM) : 

If we're sure it's Rotfeld (she looks different in most every photo: bigger, smaller, older, younger) then finally, an outfit of hers that I can understand/like!

It's the daring pairing she's doing here, letting the greys balance the yellow print skirt.

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:07 AM) : 

I echo the earlier comment about pigeon-toes. My guess is it's an attempt to look like a fourteen year old in heels, gawkish ingenues. It's an odd and somewhat sad note to strike for otherwise attractive women.

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (10:11 AM) : 

She looks always great! Nice picture: that yellow and that green in the background makes me think that somwhere, there will always be some summer left.

I love all the colors she is wearing -even the color of her hair and eyes; such a beautiful brown! But, if I must say something is that the black top looks too tough over that yellow. Also, I like the way she puts her hand over her arm, but not the way her feet are towards each other. However, great!!!

 

Blogger starbahks said ... (10:31 AM) : 

god i love her shoes.
she always looks so good.

 

Blogger Neon Legs said ... (10:35 AM) : 

leave it to carine to remain chic with an injury -- is that black ribbon a sling?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:37 AM) : 

I usually don't like the way the dresses, but this I love. I'll be borrowing the mix of grey, yellow and black. And does anyone know where that jacket is from?

Oh, and she also has amazing eyebrows!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:40 AM) : 

I fail to see what everyone else see here. She is not attractive to me. I guess that is just my personal opinion.

 

Blogger we could grow up 2gether said ... (10:46 AM) : 

i worship carine!

 

Blogger Neon Legs said ... (11:10 AM) : 

yellow is probably my favorite color. it's an instant mood-lifter.

by the way, not to be a namedropper... but... i used to assist her and i have to say she was incredibly nice to me and her taste is without reproach. one of my all-time favorite shoots to this day is *still* a dec 99 vogue paris story we did with the amazing ana claudia. the way carine mixed warm and cool tones in that story was so effortless and beautiful... and simple. i learned a lot from watching her work.

and, yes, she wore heels every single day!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:12 AM) : 

I just love how the eye is drawn to the yellow skirt. Let's have more color like this please!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:53 AM) : 

I worship her as well. I wish her for my mother. Fierce, indestructible. Please get better with the hurt arm, poor puppy.

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (11:54 AM) : 

Wonderful photo, Sart. This is very evocative. The yellow skirt is fantastic. I love the way her hair is blowing (in the breeze?), and the way her feet are pointed. But I especially like the surly look on her face. Grrrr! She looks as though she could eat me for lunch. Delish!

 

Blogger jer1889 said ... (11:55 AM) : 

Pigeon toed -- but just look at the line of her leg and the line of those fabulous shoes. Straight on you just wouldn't see that. It really shows off her legs and the shoes and kind of hides any extra on the hips. I think it is quite shrewd of her to stand this way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:28 PM) : 

It does show great style but the shoes still ruin the look for me. Would love to see it with a different pair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:21 PM) : 

I really admire Carine's style and I'm delighted to hear that she is nice person too! I also find her strong and slightly androgyne features very pleasing to eye, if not traditionally attractive.

Funny thing is that I once had similar attitude towards yellow... ...but in these days some yellow accent pieces have secretly sneaked into my wardrobe! Great accent colour, but in my opinion very hard to pull off in large amounts.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:33 PM) : 

Guess you like Carine a lot cause there are so many pictures of her in your blog.And why not to like, she is always ahead of the trends. I like the mix of the grey blazer and the tight yellow skirt.The small silver clutch is perfect.I like her messy hair.One thing I would, if I could, change are the shoes.That´s about it.

 

Blogger RECIEN LLEGADA said ... (1:57 PM) : 

She is the perfect top model;ever nice attitude,nice look¡

 

Blogger treschic said ... (2:45 PM) : 

The same ribbon sling is seen here from back in november

http://bp0.blogger.com/_qjpwnPW4c1o/RzRmHg5IHyI/AAAAAAAACfQ/zjxOXg2YiYg/s1600-h/TulCRw.jpg

love her!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:53 PM) : 

I love the outfit...but did no one else realize she probably slung her jacket like that because her arm is in a sling? A very nice, subtle sling, but still...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:56 PM) : 

I agree about the pigeon toes- I don't think it's worked for anyone except- Twiggy!
And please please smile. Makes you look younger and less pained (though the shoes do look painful).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:31 PM) : 

Oh, I love those shoes :)
Where are they from? Anyone knows?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:06 PM) : 

This is a great look in every sense, especially the shoes. I just wish she looked like she was enjoying herself more.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:30 PM) : 

I'd fiercely injure someone for those Dior lace-ups.

xoxo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:33 PM) : 

Yellow is the number one accent color hands down and damn did she pull it off.
A lot of people stand pigeon toed because the position gives people more height as it straightens the spine and possibly because of her awesome shoes.
And also, it's so true that fashion people never wear prescripted items. I suppose it just looks dowdy. Nice ribbon detail.

-AM

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:48 PM) : 

What a clutch! Utterly stunning, each piece is a work of art in itself.

I didn't recognise it was carine, but this is the first post I have felt compelled to post to.

A stunning ensemble. <3

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:47 PM) : 

Get well soon Carine!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:41 PM) : 

Fierce as always. I love the foot placement, and it shows off her beautiful legs and those amazing shoes... does anyone know who designed them, I think I'm in love?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:17 AM) : 

Yes, she looks great. You say she often wears heels? Does that have something to do with why her arm is in a sling? Is she suffering for her art?

 

Blogger ..... said ... (2:00 AM) : 

i dont like her feets here ! but whatever ! she's 50 years old and she looks so modern ! i'm lovin this

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:43 AM) : 

Carine almost always looks bold and pretty but in this photograph I think she looks a little like Iggy Pop. Love the small clutch tho

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:54 AM) : 

Sometimes (actually often) I find it realy sad to see an almost well dressed, stlyish woman ruin the look in order to showcase a new pair of shoes (or bag, hat, jacket..). The style instantly flies out the window when Carine puts such fashions before style and a blanaced outfit.
But I guess thats the perril of being a fashion editor...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:37 AM) : 

MAGNIFIQUE! she is perfect!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:27 AM) : 

Heee, I've already seen this outfit, but it's fabulous! Grey and yellow rock.

 

Blogger stylePOVist said ... (9:48 AM) : 

Fierce!!!
Carine wears YSL cruise08 skirt, Dior lace-up, Chrome Heart black scarf wore as sling, and the jacket is likely to be Balenciaga.

 

Blogger T38 said ... (11:35 AM) : 

I like her style, she doesn´t follow fashion, she is fashion.

Nice shot Sart! Good 2008!!!

Kisses

 

Blogger Lola said ... (12:04 PM) : 

to the people asking where the shoes are from..i think they are dior.

 

Blogger Landis said ... (1:35 PM) : 

i have to say, this woman is pretty thought provoking.

and that is the highest compliment i can give someone when it comes to dressing.

provoke thought, and you have won the battle.

 

Blogger Mervis said ... (3:50 PM) : 

the shoes are amazing. the jacket looks unintended and distracting for me. i'd love to see the photo without it. but again --- the shoes!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:12 AM) : 

Would the outfit work better (or as good) with another bright color for the skirt... maybe fuschia? The yellow is wonderful but would be fun to play around with the skirt's color...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:51 AM) : 

I think after a "certain" age, one must start dressing a bit more age appropriate. Might be a better look for someone a bit younger. Nice try but it's a miss.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:47 AM) : 

Who is impressed by a Vogue editor in chief looking good?
It is her job to look stylish -always.
With the kind of help she receives I bet most of us would look equally great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:44 PM) : 

The gray and silver really work, the pose is fierce as well!!! and I love those shoes!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:40 AM) : 

oh great.. another shot of carine roitfled. i've been reading comments and it really is true, this site has become filled with celebrities in the fashion industry who simply wear expensive clothing. they seem so disconnected from me as a viewer and the clothing... simply unattainable. how about more anonymous individuals who are creative and inventive with the clothing and outfits they choose to wear? just a suggestion because I truly enjoy your site and i am no longer thrilled to visit it to check for new photos.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:41 AM) : 

Hey anon at 2.51am, are you kidding? You're either very old or very young - and intolerant! What's so inappropriate here? She looks like a strong, confident and stylish woman!

And hey, ditch the shoes and the lemon…… if you want to look bourgeois…and safe…and boring!

 

Blogger alexpolina said ... (9:56 AM) : 

WHAT AN AMAZING SHOT OF COLOR.i LOVE THAT SHE IS WEARING IT WITH GREY AND NOT BLACK.

 

Blogger discotheque confusion said ... (7:24 AM) : 

Carine even manages to pull of those Miu Miu (or was it Prada?) heels.

I have to agree with the people who say that she should dress more age appropriately.

Why cover up after a certain age? Where is the fun in that? She's a woman, we need to be able to show our legs! Only dulls like Anna cover up.
Besides, Carine is never undignified.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:50 AM) : 

Darling, but too much knee, lower the skirt a bit. Us fifty year olds gotta face the facts. If it was 2 inches longer, it would still be sexy and show just the bottom of the knee and rest of lovely legs.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (1:42 PM) : 

Great color combo! She must have had help lacing those Dior's, what with the injured arm. Carine is always inspiring.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:57 PM) : 

She usually wears a dark pallette, so when you see her in colour it makes her look all the more fabulous!

Yellow looks striking on her, as does the black ribbon sling?

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting