This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

March GQ Preview - James Danziger

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, January 17, 2008

March GQ Preview - James Danziger


I didn't realize how many cool, chic guys I know that ride their bikes to work almost every day, so I made my March GQ page about it.

Above is super chic James Danziger who runs the gallery that will host my first solo exhibit starting tomorrow!!

Anyway, please note that James includes a helmet in is bike rides.
Apparently the other day he did have a serious spill on his bike and he feels that the helmet really saved him from some major damage. (how dare he do that right before my show!!)

James has also recently begun a great blog The Year in Pictures that gives his unique insight into the world of fine art photography.
It's funny when you get to know someone who has a blog because you learn a whole new side of that person that might take years to bring up in normal conversation.


Dont forget my opening night party for the exhibit

The party is open to the public and I hope to see/meet a lot of you there.

January 22nd
Danziger Projects
521 W. 26th St
6 - 8pm

Comments on "March GQ Preview - James Danziger"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:33 AM) : 

Can't wait for your opening night party! See you there.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:03 AM) : 

A bike is such a great way to travel. The Chanel commuter bike is going to be the must have accessory for this summer - I'm sure!

 

Blogger deborah said ... (6:25 AM) : 

He has great hair! He blends in quite nicely with the scenery.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:09 AM) : 

I would so love to come to your exhibition as I have been a fan of your blog for years! Have to content myself with enjoying your pictures online.
Josa Young (CondeNetUK)

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:12 AM) : 

That is Fabulous Casual. Look at the scarf!!! Somehow reminds me of that dapper Fred Astaire taking Ginger Rogers for a horse-ride and getting 'caught in the rain'. Very nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:30 AM) : 

Good luck on the opening. I am sure it will be a huge success, wish I could be there.

 

Blogger Calenna said ... (10:17 AM) : 

Wow - that IS pretty cool that people actually bike to work. It feels soo...Amsterdam. If I wasn't afraid I would fall off and get hit by a bus maybe I'd do it too...

 

Blogger Jessica deLeeuw said ... (10:23 AM) : 

That is soo cool looking!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 AM) : 

Sorry I will miss your opening, but I will be in town on the 6th and glad your show will still be there! I have to say I was hoping for one of the photos of the italian painter gent. How on earth did you and Mr. Danziger choose which prints? There have been so many great ones. Congratulations!

 

Blogger joyce said ... (10:58 AM) : 

i wish i lived in new york. :(

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:59 AM) : 

Can you please link to The Year In Pictures blog so we can check it out? If you google that phrase, the list is insurmountable. Thanks!

 

Blogger Onibuka said ... (11:08 AM) : 

Will love to see your exhibit. Right after Project Show NY. Will you be attending?

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (11:12 AM) : 

This is a very sartorialistic picture: the light, the framing... I love how you leave some air between the person's head and the top of the image, it makes the picture breathe and it allows enjoying the background as well.

Good thing that James was (and is) wearing a helmet! The outfit is just nice, simple, clean and good quality, with the cool touch that adds that gorgeous scarf, I like the shoes too. Very nice!

 

Blogger Sherman said ... (11:15 AM) : 

You've got a helmet theme going there, Mr. Sartorialist. Nice!

 

Blogger Anne Corrons said ... (11:43 AM) : 

The man is so chic to go on the bicycle! I'll come to the party for the exhibit next Tuesday!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:08 PM) : 

Thank you! I can't go (would love to), but best wishes on a great fete!

 

Blogger AdamfromVA said ... (12:22 PM) : 

dude looks real chic, i like the scarf. wish i could go to the exhibit, you should think about doing one in Virginia.

 

Blogger reverend dick said ... (12:53 PM) : 

Yesss! Thank you for the bikes.

 

Blogger Sugar Bear said ... (1:01 PM) : 

Congratulations on your solo exhibit! I've been a lurker for a while and so enjoy your blog.
Karla

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:09 PM) : 

congratulation to the exhibit look forward meeting you!!!!

 

Blogger denesteak said ... (1:38 PM) : 

Dear Scott, i live in new york, but it's so sad that when you have an exhibit, it is when I am in Prague (for a good few months) so I will be missing it! well, good luck on it, and have fun!

-dene.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:48 PM) : 

bike is beautiful! its healthy, its eco-right, its cool, and if u wear the whole security gear, its safe. its so nice to see ppl leaving their cars parked. great shot!

 

Blogger L'Henri said ... (2:07 PM) : 

i love how the yellow from his helmet stands out. also the tappered pants too. i never pictured myself dressing up and riding my bike. makes me want to try when i get home.


all updated men fall/winter 2008 show @
Henrihouse.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Grunder said ... (2:23 PM) : 

So the opening "party" is on the 22nd, but is that the day the show opens? I would love to see it but I'm only going to be in NYC from tonight until monday.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:36 PM) : 

That is a snazzy helmet. Smart of him to cinch up his pant leg too. Also, I love his shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 PM) : 

Well done scarf with the kaki outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:02 PM) : 

ahhhh Julian's dad! so cool!

 

Blogger Yokota Fritz said ... (3:26 PM) : 

Wonderful about the exhibit, Scott. You do great work! As a cyclist, I'm excited about the March issue, also :-)

 

Blogger Panda said ... (3:44 PM) : 

Handsome man! I'm glad he's alive.

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (4:37 PM) : 

A very handsome man in cool threads.

 

Blogger The Vintagent said ... (5:27 PM) : 

His helmet would be much cooler if it had little mirrors glued all over. Sorry, I'm spoiled forever.
And yes, it's critical to wear one anyway - I know four people with serious brain injuries, from bicycles (1), motorcycles (1), and cars (2).

 

Blogger Ridonkulus said ... (5:46 PM) : 

your photos of fashionable bicyclists show that people really can be stylish/pulled together and be comfortable at the same time (i used to be obsessed with TLC's canadian/u.s. version of original british what not to wear). also awesome note of the helmet. a lot of people think helmets cramp their style, but it is very necessary!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:07 PM) : 

i wish i could make it, but i have exams...but when those are over ill be around for other opening parties so ill stop by to view your fabulous work

AC

 

Blogger The Year in Pictures said ... (6:30 PM) : 

For anyone interested in seeing the show prior to the opening on Tuesday (because Sart is out of town taking more great pictures) the gallery will be open this Saturday from 12 - 6.

James Danziger.

 

Blogger Julian Danziger said ... (6:43 PM) : 

Yeah Dad! Looking snazzy! Great shot, loved it two months ago and love it now!

 

Blogger tintin said ... (6:48 PM) : 

Thanks, Scott. I finally learned from Danzinger's blog how you get such a shallow depth of field with a digital camera.

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (8:17 PM) : 

The lighting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:08 AM) : 

ahhh... want to go to your opening soooo badly :( too bad i live in another half of globe. anyway, interesting scarf! oh and all the best for your first solo exhibit!
cheers.

 

Blogger Fredde Ahlstrom Cooney said ... (3:53 AM) : 

tnx scott stop not in ny right now stop on other continent stop
pictureyear stop blogspot stop com will be enjoyed much stop my best to danziger stop

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:12 AM) : 

Get this man a nice, simple city bike, maybe with a rear rack or basket. The MTB makes him look like a soccer dad; leave 'em in the hills.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:06 PM) : 

Thank you, Sart, for posting a picture of a cyclist with a helmet. (And thanks to him for emphasizing the point!)
Your Euro-Commuter Hottie shots are always beautiful, but I cringe when I see those lovely heads all uncovered and exposed to the potential pavement. The bikeways and infrastructure are different in Europe, but I don't think people always take that into consideration here in the states. They just want to look chic (or tough?)
Helmets are big time important, and sexy as hell.
Good luck with your show.
H

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:50 AM) : 

Slightly concerned about getting oil on those trousers...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:23 PM) : 

Good luck, Sart!

I hope you take pix for those of us who can't make the party.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:17 PM) : 

I can't say how much I would love to be there. But I am so far away... Have the most wonderful party!

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (3:46 AM) : 

Congrats with your exhibition! Wish I could be there (read my blog: I am not from NYC) because I am also organizing an exhibition in Amsterdam (with a great fashionphotographer)

Good luck with everything!

 

Blogger momo said ... (11:08 AM) : 

Congratulations on the show! have a great party, and thanks for the link to the blog!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:34 PM) : 

Scott, good luck at the opening party! I wish I could go but I live too far away (Argentina).
Have fun!

Cheers

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:36 AM) : 

Love the picture and you really have a unique and exquisite taste--a rare gift that we all admirer.
With this particular picture I think the helmet plays the lead roll.
So many accidents with brain damages could have been avoided if only the person riding the bike had had a helmet, trendy or not.
I ride the bike myself everyday and would never do it without my helmet.

Which I could be at your exhibition but I´m on the wrong side of the world.Good luck--and to you too Sarah in Holland

 

Blogger annechovie said ... (3:15 PM) : 

Love your photos! Congratulations on your exhibition at Danziger!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:15 AM) : 

Be still my heart!!!!



Great review on your show in the NY Times

 

Blogger pb said ... (3:44 AM) : 

you're a new find for me - so glad!
bicycles are the way to go... sometimes i wish that it were a more OBVIOUSLY economical way of transit in small environments like manhattan (such as in, say, the japan i picture in my mind)
i quoted your remark about getting to know a part of an irl friend through their blog ... it works vice versa, also ... there is a group of girls who have become some of my very closest friends and none of us knew each other besides through our blogs until we all converged on the east coast in recent years. we spent some fine time getting to know each other in-person and the transition has taken some fine-tuning, but it's fascinating for certain!

keep up the good work, monsieur. and thanks again!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting