This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Calm Before the Storm

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, January 04, 2008

Calm Before the Storm

I feel like I am in the calm before the storm.

Monday I leave for Europe to cover the mens shows in Florence, Milan and Paris.
Return to New York and immediately host two parties for the opening of my first solo exhibit at Danziger Projects.
All while negotiating to shoot two ad campaigns and finalizing the contract on a dream project that I am dying to announce on this blog.
(not to mention that before I go, I have to be the subject of a fashion shoot for a really cool magazine - I am more than nervous to be in front of the camera this time)

All of this coupled with the fact that it has been extremely cold in NYC has led to a very tough shooting week.

I always knew that it would happen. All the things piling-up and feeling the temptation to shoot things that I might not really love but feel I should shoot just to have something new on the blog.

I am proud that I continue to resist that urge and that my readership is willing to give me the freedom to shoot what I (and you) can be passionate and proud of!

I take your vote of confidence very sincerely and it really bums me out when I don't have a few new shots every day. I feel good though knowing that you will return the next day ready to have a lively and fun conversation about style and fashion.

Next Tuesday will begin three to four months of intense shooting all around the world. I am tired just thinking about it but I can't wait to get going and take you guys along for the ride!

(ps - if you are in the area please stop by the opening night party for my exhibit at Danziger Project on January 22nd from 6-8pm, - I feel like this is really a party for us more than just an opening!)

Comments on "Calm Before the Storm"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:46 PM) : 

you're awesome, Scott!
quality over quantity anyday!

 

Blogger Pedro said ... (6:52 PM) : 

I am too far away to join your party, but I will surely follow everything on this great blog. Thanks for the wonderful daily photos.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:57 PM) : 

I have been reading your blog pretty much every day for the past year. At first I actually didn't think you were such a great photographer - you can probably gather that since I look daily I have changed my mind on this.

The things that you have been announcing these last days (and, it sounds like, to come shortly) are long overdue successes. I would guess many of your regular readers realize (sadly but inevitably) that the continued commercial success that The Sartorialist has bought you may over time leave you much less time to post, and will think no less of you if this is the case.

Your talent, ambition and success should be an inspiration to all.

Matt

 

Blogger Christopher said ... (6:59 PM) : 

Best of luck with everything! -A fellow former Hoosier

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:21 PM) : 

oh my goood :D
we are feeling so proud of you sart!
well doneee ;D
bravo bravo bravo over&over

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:28 PM) : 

Take your time, Scott. Can't speak for everyone else, but I'd prefer to see shots you're proud of than shots that you just took to get something new put up here.

 

Blogger trisha said ... (7:30 PM) : 

i don't often comment, but the sartorialist is one of my favorite reads. congrats on all the exciting new projects and for sticking to what you really love. looking forward to more living vicariously through your travels around the world!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:59 PM) : 

i really admire your passion. i love your work and can't wait to hear every bit about it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:12 PM) : 

Happy to hear such amazing things are ahead of you.
Its beautiful how things work out if you enjoy and believe in what you do.
Good luck. Be safe on your trips...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:13 PM) : 

I think I speak for the majority when I say we don't mind waiting for your quality shots. Safe travel, have fun.

 

Blogger Lynne Rutter said ... (8:32 PM) : 

sounds like fun, bon voyage! and congratulations on your exhibit and all the fabulous activity around you.


do let us know if you see any decent raincoats. it's raining in san francisco and you would not believe the bad coats.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (8:36 PM) : 

for Matt 6:57pm
what i am in the process of setting up is a system that will let me shoot more and hence be able to do more posts.

The key is to make enough money from the blog so I don't have to do other projects to keep it going. If I can spend less time sharing my photos and writing with other media outlets then I can put more posts on this blog.


thanks for the support

Scott
I think this year will be a big step in that direction.

In the next year I think the content of the blog will increase and be used as both an inspiration and resource. If all goes to plan ( and it is a very achievable plan) we should see the results soon.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 PM) : 

good for you scott!
and you're right - it's been too damn cold here!
happy new year!

 

Blogger yave said ... (9:02 PM) : 

Wow! u got lots of work this 2008, great huh?, I'll be in NY on the 30th, and hell yeah i'm gonna visit the gallery.
Saludos y éxito!

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (9:14 PM) : 

Sounds as if life keeps on getting better, Sart. Good on yer, mate! I would love to attend the Danziger Project soiree. And if I can manipulate my way on to one of my clients' private jets, I just might.

 

Blogger so said ... (9:21 PM) : 

...what i wouldn't give to be able to be in NY and attend your party!

i agree w/ you not wanting to shoot just to shoot and have something new to post---sort of a waste if you're not finding anything/anyone that inspires you...

can't wait to see the shots from your upcoming european travels-- and to hear the announcement of your dream project.

tracy

 

Blogger Flair said ... (9:48 PM) : 

Thanks for being true to yourself on this blog. I feel that way sometimes too, feeling like I have to post something just to post something.
Good luck with your new project, can't wait to hear about it. It must be fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:54 PM) : 

I'll just have to come and say hello! A party on the day of my 30th!!!

Hey! It's only Toronto....and I used to live in NYC studying at Parsons. It is time to come home.

I am very happy for you and the projects you are going to take-on this coming year. Bravo!

Merci,
Yellowvespaguy.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Emily said ... (9:57 PM) : 

Take a deep breath and make sure to enjoy yourself. After all - it's all a wash if you don't have fun.

I'll be looking forward to new fantastic photos...and if fantastic is a while coming then it's even better when it appears.

Have a great time at the shows!

Emily

ps - send some of that cold this way!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:04 PM) : 

Love your blog, and best wishes for all the shoots. think of us boiling in the Australian summer.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:32 PM) : 

we miss you...but you are forgiven. come to australia! we love you here!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:53 PM) : 

You are truly an inspiration to me!
As a creator and stylist myself, I have just begun expanding my wings a little in the industry... See a professional like yourself; always pushing for quality work, passionate statements and the pure joy of sharing your talents... Well, it makes me dream bigger. Alors merci pour votre "vent" qui me pousse dans la bonne direction!! *frozen kisses from Montréal*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:57 PM) : 

honestly, I've always been awed at the fact that you manage to post so regularly, and keep the quality of your pictures so consistently superb.
best of luck with everything you have planned --you deserve all the successes that are to come!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:57 PM) : 

you are the fashion touchstone on which i rest my weary head each day....your eye is keen and your talent is beyond mention......


i look forward to each post with joy and feel inspired by the pictures that you post


eternally in awe...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:04 PM) : 

Hey don't worry, you're not publishing a morning newspaper, you're fishing for beautiful things and sharing what you find with us. It's a treat and a privilege when there's something new to look at, but it'll turn up in my feed reader whenever it's ready.

 

Blogger Cara said ... (11:24 PM) : 

Love your shots, I check your blog every day. It is your eye for style and for the great shot that keeps me coming back...so if you don't see something you like, I have no problem waiting another day or two to see a new photo! Good luck and travel safely.

 

Blogger stephen said ... (11:37 PM) : 

congrats!

 

Blogger Suzanna Mars said ... (11:49 PM) : 

Congrats, Scott! It's always wonderful to hear success stories, especially when they involve lovely people doing things that they love to do and do well. You are without peer in this arena and all of your efforts are tremendously appreciated. Looking forward to years of enjoyment!

 

Blogger Liesel said ... (11:52 PM) : 

I'm so excited to come see the exhibit (and for the opening party)! Congratulations, and happy new year!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 AM) : 

Follow the work and quit worrying! Sounds like good things are to come. Will continue to follow, take insirpation, and adopt your observations to real life. Plus, NYC in winter = brrrr. I'd stay indoors!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 AM) : 

I envy you and your life style. Seriously.

 

Blogger the quarter rat said ... (12:04 AM) : 

Scott,
I've been reading this blog since the beginning (who's that Robert Burke dude? ;) ). Your blog was a bright spot during the bleak days after Katrina (if you only knew what that meant) and has been a regular part of my day ever since. You've widened my horizons about personal style while empowering my somewhat eccentric tendencies, and I look forward to even greater things from you in the year(s) to come.

A friend in New Orleans,
Jimbo

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:07 AM) : 

Your blog has inspired and influenced my person style a great deal and it's awesome to hear you're getting more and more recognition for your work. You're amazing...'nough said!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:15 AM) : 

Thanks for sticking to your guns regarding your blog. It's an inspiration for me to step up my style here in soggy San Francisco! Congratulations on all the good things coming your way! Looking forward to future posts.

 

Blogger Ridonkulus said ... (12:26 AM) : 

i would not expect a new shot everyday. are there that many well-dressed new yorkers? =P i know i'm not inspired everyday...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 AM) : 

hi,i just read about your exhibition and party,i will be very please to go and see your work.Love the pictures here.
My name is Jaime i am a spanierd living here.:-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:36 AM) : 

Quality is always better than quantity. I hope you have fun with all the things that you are involved in. Looking forward to viewing all the awesome photos!

 

Blogger The Velvet Scientist said ... (12:48 AM) : 

Will those photos from the mens shows be posted?

Best of luck.

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (12:49 AM) : 

Thanks for letting us know what's going on with you.

I think you're doing a superb job, and I look forward to any new post, no matter when it goes up.

Thank you so much for giving us your vision!

Good luck with all your upcoming work, and congratulations on your "dream project," whatever that is!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 AM) : 

Scott,
Glad to hear you wont submit to mediocrity. Good luck with your travels--wish I could join you at the solo exhibit...Congrats!

 

Blogger SophieA said ... (1:29 AM) : 

good luck!
I'll be at your opening.
Now all I have do is decide what to wear!
what's a girl to do!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:47 AM) : 

Good luck on your these endeavours!! I also believe in quality over quantity...I would rather see great photos every other day than photos just to fill a page.

You're incredible!!

 

Blogger Christina Ware said ... (1:51 AM) : 

Hi Scott,
Wow, how cool that you are both passionate about style and a great guy too! Whenever I'm out and about in NYC I always hope I'll feel a tap on my shoulder and you'll ask to take my picture for your blog. Hopefully we'll be able to meet on the 22nd!
Christina

 

Blogger Persephone said ... (2:07 AM) : 

Glad you're not willing to compromise quality for quantity - diluting the excellence of your blogs content wouldn't benefit anyone.

Considering dropping by your opening after school. I'll have to come up with a suitable outfit first, though.

And congratulations on all your current deals; looks like this year will be even better than the last. Looking forward to new and fabulous photos.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:52 AM) : 

Safe travels; I cannot wait till the surge of posts come in. My vote of confidence is in the bag -your judgment call on quality before quantity was more than appreciated.

 

Blogger Françoise said ... (3:01 AM) : 

Scott - i don't want you to take pics of styles you don't truly adhere to. when i connect to the site and see no pics, i am of course a little disappointed, but always go back the next day, and the next, to see if there are new postings. your site has enough quality to keep me coming back, so no worries there. thank you for being so humble, this is refreshing, and inspiring.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:17 AM) : 

Wish i could be there for the exhibition . As Matt has mentioned above this is long overdue success, however im so glad to hear your branching out into different projects and i hope the ball keeps rolling for the sartorialist ! the blog is special because it bring you in direct contact with readers and that is one thing other projects don't offer; so im glad your main focus is blogging for your readers and the pictures as always are inspiring. best of luck in 2008 ! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:25 AM) : 

Good Luck Scott on your future endeavors! Your new year is starting with a bang.

Wishing you all the success from the other side of the world. Particularly in the Philippines.

I visit your blog like I am checking emails hehe. Kudos!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:21 AM) : 

Thanks for all your inspiration and you deserve all your success. Look forward to seeing more pics here.

Good on ya, mate.

 

Blogger adriaan said ... (4:22 AM) : 

Scott, hire some trusted editors to help you out !!

just a thought,,,,

adian

 

Blogger Cynical Romantic said ... (4:31 AM) : 

Hi Scott.
Never commented before, but really felt the need to this time. Your blog is only second to email in terms of daily-checking importance!

Despite your many well-deserved successes the past little while, you still remain faithful to your equally devoted readers... it doesn't go unnoticed or unappreciated! You never fail to inspire me. Congratulations on everything and have a blast at your show! Well done!

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (4:47 AM) : 

Thanks for sharing your plans with us! And what a great plans they are! Congratulations for all your achievements. They are the natural thing to happen after the brilliant and intense work you have been doing for the last two years.

Like the other readers above, I think it is worth waiting until you find something really interesting or touching. Afer all, there must be endeed some calm before a storm!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:50 AM) : 

i got no problem with waiting for a few days for fresh shots.
when i look up the blog and there's nothing new, it confirms me in my believe in the personal quality of the site and i will appreciate the upcoming images even more.
keep it up!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:21 AM) : 

New to your blog and look forward to reading it daily.
Your blog is my ticket to the world of fashion in boring ho hum North Carolina Congrats on your new exhibit

 

Blogger DeepBlueSea said ... (6:49 AM) : 

Quality quality...

Absolutely!

There's enough junk around.
The Sartorialist is still number one on my bookmarked list of blogs because it's always a bit of a surprise.

And it's educational for me, silly as that may seem.

And inspirational!

All the best with your new endeavours!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:26 AM) : 

How cute are you?! I love traveling but do not have the means to do so, so despite the stress, please have a fabulous time for those of us who must stay home.

Enjoy every moment!

 

Blogger lars stephan said ... (7:40 AM) : 

Congrats on your upcoming exhibit and that you are so busy in the upcoming weeks. It all sounds like a great adventure to me since you get the chance to show us your take (again) on two things that you love, photography and fashion.
---
See you at your opening.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:48 AM) : 

I hope I will be so lucky to meet you in one of those cities. I am doing the same itinerary but starting from Rome: Florence, Paris, London, Paris and NY!
Good luck with everything!

 

Blogger Sarah_LesPantyhose said ... (8:30 AM) : 

Thank you so much for this wonderful resource. I'm always happy to hear about what wonderful opportunities you keep getting because of your wonderful work.

thanks!

Sarah

 

Blogger SartoriallyAddicted said ... (8:34 AM) : 

Sart, I shall give you three thoughts and wish you all the best of luck. 1. Delgating responsibility is a sign of great management skill...but nobody else will ever care about your project as much as you do. 2. There is no worse boss in this world than yourself. And 3. The only thing worse than busy too busy, is not being busy at all. So take it one day at a time, stay true to your love of capturing style on camera and don't stop. Thanks. Maybe I will make it on the 22nd.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (8:36 AM) : 

No need for apology or even explanation; the blog is a kind of gift and thus cannot be commanded nor even expected.

Best in every endeavor!

Butch

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:42 AM) : 

From now on you're locked in the success your fans gave you.
There is neither "freedom" nor escape, otherwise ...

 

Blogger David M. said ... (9:15 AM) : 

You'll do great with everything! Relax, you're the best. You take fantastic photos, Scott.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:23 AM) : 

Scott-

I want to add to what I'm sure is already a chorus of voices - your images are very well edited and that's what makes this site so great. Best of luck in 2008!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:41 AM) : 

I´ve allways thougth that good blogs don´t post just for posting but wait to have something interesting to show. You´ve always done so.
Don´t worry, your followers will wait patiantly. :)

I´m looking forward to joining you the 22nd!

Guille

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 AM) : 

All the best for the exhibition & the other projects you've got on the go. Thanks for the beautiful & inspiring photos. You're one of my favourite sites on the internet. x

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:21 AM) : 

I´ll try to get to NYC for those opening parties (Sorry, not sure becouse I´m a hitchhiker, by the way, it´s embarrassing, but being so inviting, can you also host me at your home...)

BIG FAN

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 AM) : 

That's all very well, Sart. And I'm happy for you. But, essentially, you need to continue and create opportunities for shooting pics for this blog. Two days of nothing but excuses? Are you forgetting the little people?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

You know the best place to stand and look at people at pitti is the food stands(the one close to aquascutum ),the stairs down towards to Lower Ground Floor and just by the Hackett Building
outside. You always see cool people relaxing out there having a smoke :-D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 AM) : 

Half of what I love about your blog is your notes on the artistic process. So thank you for sharing the ups and downs and all of it, as well as for all the inspiration towards making life more beautiful! Happy New Year to you!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:50 AM) : 

Scott, your work is always beautiful. We will wait.

bisous

 

Blogger CriolloGlam said ... (11:03 AM) : 

You deserve it!...magnificent!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:25 AM) : 

Looking forward to the Danziger show on the 22nd! Is there a book deal or a magazine in the works, perhaps? I regularly get a Japanese street fashion mag, and wouldn't it be great to have one emanating from here? Good luck to you!

 

Blogger L.T. said ... (11:56 AM) : 

It's important to refresh, Scott, and not force your craft. Despite what some of the snipers/trolls on this site say, you offer a beautiful view upon the world, and as one of your regular readers, I would like you to feel free to post as your muse so inspires.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:00 PM) : 

Due to the fun nazis at work going on a New Years blocking spree, I will no longer be able to get my daily Sartorialist hit, but as always it will be a pleasure to see what you have posted... as others have said before, it's what you post that counts, not how much you post. A BIG thank you for a fabulous and inspiring 2007 and good luck with all your endeavours in 2008 x

 

Blogger Klokka said ... (12:21 PM) : 

Dear Mr. Sartorialist,

can only agree with Butch: It really lifts a day in the bleak Norwegian winter, and brings inspiration and courage..

Otherwise, happy new years and all the best!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 PM) : 

Every day after coming back from a weary day at the hospital, one of the things I look forward to is seeing what you have posted up for the day! I get so much fashion inspiration from your site. Congratulations on your exhibit and all of the endeavors that lay before you! Looks like you have an awesome year ahead...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:13 PM) : 

You are brilliant. Best of luck and safe travels.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:18 PM) : 

Enjoy your successes, and you will learn to balance the time and energy and creativity in the process as time goes on. Your philosophy is a sound one! And all your fans are patient and interested in everything you do.

Keep up the good work, Scott. Your humility is refreshing. Enjoy the party!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:50 PM) : 

Congratulations! You are a sweetheart for even caring...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:00 PM) : 

I just love your work and your attitude. Congratulations on all your success, too. I've been following this blog for almost a year and a half and can't wait to see what the future brings. Happy new year!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:02 PM) : 

Dear Sart,

Never compromise your art for the sake of just going through the motions. The person who appreciates your talent will have the most understanding to the effort, commitment and sacrifices you make.

Congratulations...enjoy the chaos! I know now I walk the NYC streets with excitement hoping to be stylishly captured!

 

Blogger mimi said ... (2:02 PM) : 

in the years I've read this blog it's been fascinating and inspiring to see how your projects have changed and developed, and I can't wait to see what's coming up next. These little developments are usally the kind of details one reads in abbreviated form in those formal biographies that mark the Success Story, so it's really intriguing to be taken along the ride with you.

Most of all I love how you've retained your personal voice on this blog, and I hope that this is something you will be able to keep up in the future.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:29 PM) : 

Does your "shooting all around the world" include some time in Los Angeles? Because we are severely under-represented here! C'mon! Get some sun! We dress just as well out here if not a little more interestingly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:43 PM) : 

Take care Sart! No worries about posting, Just Looking forward to Hearing about your journeys and cant wait to see what is in store for the future!

Godspeed!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:47 PM) : 

I only want to see things on the blog that you would want on the blog, so take your time! Keep up the great work!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 PM) : 

Perhaps you should make it clearer to your readers who do not know everything about fashion that the MAIN MENS shows are in Milan, Florence is NOT on the same level & a totally different thing altogether.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:30 PM) : 

oh you poor dear.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:13 PM) : 

I look forward to, and will be attending, your opening at Danziger Project....I live a block away. Thank you for the invitation.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:11 PM) : 

Wow really admire the photography!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:49 PM) : 

Sart -
Best of luck with everything! I agree with the first post -Quality over Quantity! I will continue to check out your blog first thing every morning - I don't know how I lived without it before!

 

Blogger the girl said ... (7:19 PM) : 

Sounds like it is to be a storm of success - may 2008 be a truly fulfilling year for you.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:29 PM) : 

I've been reading your blog almost every day for over a year now and I'm really impressed how often you put up shoots! Don't worry about getting some time off, I'll continue waiting in anticipation as long as it takes :)

When I first started reading your blog I wasn't much into fashion at all, I liked very few of the styles you presented. But as time went by, my eyes slowly opened, I really want to thank you! today so many more things in my everyday life look beautiful!

 

Blogger moderngirly said ... (8:09 PM) : 

I have been reading your blog for years now and the way this site and your career has shot off from its humble beginnings is an inspiration for us! Keep it up!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:22 PM) : 

This is all so exciting!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 PM) : 

Wow, here I am wondering how lucky we are to have you provide such beautiful images, and you are worried about not posting them often enough. Not only are you a master behind the lens of your camera, but you have one of the biggest hearts.

Personally I don't care about the frequency of your postings, the quality is worth the wait.

You deserve all the success coming your way!! Enjoy the ride!

 

Blogger Saneeta Renee said ... (10:13 PM) : 

OH! I was planning on visiting the exhibit on Jan 14 but the party sounds fun too :)

 

Blogger Jael Paris said ... (10:49 PM) : 

If I were in New York, I would gladly stop by. I have found this blog so inspirational for my personal expression in a world of blending in. Thank you so much for your endorsement of the everyday person.

 

Blogger styledamsel said ... (1:49 AM) : 

Keep your personal style and passion HOT and alive sart!

Love your style and photography!

Styledamsel, Singapore

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:58 AM) : 

Your blog is indeed a gift. Your photos help us appreciate grace. As Keats said "a thing of beauty is a joy forever."

On days when the clothes I'm wearing really please me, I smile thinking they look "very sartorialist." Thanks for being a great inspiration.

Bon voyage!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:43 AM) : 

Dear Scott, I know life can be busy (let alone difficult) at times. I love the fact that your blog is always updated or rather, up-to-date but I would be very sad to see you post photos that you don't like (except if you'd post such photos to create a lively debate, but that would be rude to the people who had let their photos taken).

 

Blogger Matthew Crane said ... (3:43 AM) : 

Hi Scott,

Long time viewer, first time commenter!

Just wanted to type a few lines to say all the very best with all the up-coming opportunities!

I have always been inspired by your fashion photography and regularly check in to this blog.

 

Blogger keren said ... (3:56 AM) : 

Scot, in the last 6 months or so the daily checking out of this blog has turned into my little addiction. I wish you good luck and can't wait to see all your new projects (including you in front of the camera!)

 

Blogger Jini said ... (9:15 AM) : 

Congratulations on all your successes. We really wish you the best and are so happy that you're doing what you love...and being recognized widely for it!

And I want to echo those who already said to keep going for those quality photos - we want the best too!

I am also for you doing a bit more writing as well :)

Wishing you safe travels and much fun,
Virginia

 

Blogger Jini said ... (9:18 AM) : 

Beautiful comment, Butch! Very true.

 

Blogger jack said ... (10:48 AM) : 

Yea it has been cold..
But I find that in cold or extreme weather people dont gove a damn about what others think.
Its survival over all else.
And so perhaps that's true fashion.

Anyhow it's warming up.

 

Blogger Alysa said ... (12:16 PM) : 

Take your time! I appreciate how thoughtful your photographs are. This isn't just another fashion blog.

Congrats on all the success!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 PM) : 

Hi
I've never commented on here, either, but I've been reading your blog since 2006! And I never, ever ever read blogs or have much use in general for the internet (my bosses always get mad at me for not checking my email, I swear it's like being in Office Space sometimes!) But your work is just wonderful, and I really am happy and excited to find a genuine person in the mess of anonymity and negativity that seems to run rampant on the internet. I've enjoyed your posts so much, and have shared it with my friends (one of whom is a fashion design major and used your images in a project on everyday dress in France!) Sorry this is so long, just felt like chiming in on the support and giving you another "congrats!" Wish I could come to the show, but make sure to have extra fun for all the people who read this and wish they could be there!
Georgia

 

Blogger Gratistotal said ... (2:20 PM) : 

you are making me jealous!!1

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:59 PM) : 

Hi Sarto, when will you post more pictures from your last visit to Stockholm? Will they be published elsewhere?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:22 PM) : 

hi scott,

this is my first comment and wanted to thank you for being such an inspiration...in so many ways.

congratulations on all of your successes!

when are coming to shoot in san francisco?

keep up the great work!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:39 PM) : 

i saw you walking down the street today
completely surreal

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (10:47 PM) : 

So I guess this is a fulltime job for you now, eh Scott?

I wish I could go to this Danzig Project exhibition.
It's really cool to see how your career grows and blossoms.

Keep up the good work.
Hope you won't get overexhausted. But all this will be remembered forever. You are the first, and you'll have many imitators in the future. Think about that!

 

Blogger Colin Flora said ... (11:01 PM) : 

Scott,
Just let it flow. You'll surprise yourself with how well things turn out. And yes, quality over quantity any day.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:06 PM) : 

Taking on a new project is never an easy task, but hard work, determination and sticking to your beliefs and values does pay off....looking forward to hearing your upcoming plans!

 

Blogger Jo said ... (12:29 AM) : 

Thank you for resisting complacency from the start of this blog and for being so open with us.

Happy New Year!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:58 AM) : 

Congratulations! You are a true inspiration

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:30 AM) : 

I am very excited for you! You might be exhausted, but you know it's all worth it.

You're a star!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:51 AM) : 

as said before, don't feel bad for not posting everyday (everyday is not sunday ;). QUALITY over quantity. all the people visiting your blog can rely on you, no doubt about that.
best of luck for your upcoming exhausting voyage, i am looking forward to the wondeful ride full of inspiration.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:32 AM) : 

please come to australia ! I would love to see what you would capture, and read everyone's comments about it...

pretty please ??!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (8:16 AM) : 

From afar (aka as someone who comments on this blog!), it seems like you've handled an incredible journey very well. Your blog is still one of my daily favourites and I've increased my readership of other magazines because of your work. Looking forward to what you have in-store for us in 2008 and may the force (of style) be with you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:40 AM) : 

Oooh I wish I lived closer and could come see your exhibit.

Can't wait to hear your news!
Keep up the great work!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:57 PM) : 

From Downtown Miami
Love your blog, inspiring, entertaining, GREAT, Best of Luck!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:38 PM) : 

Your work is inspirational for all of us.Unluckily i cannot attend your exhibit because of the distance. But wish you all the best and can't wait to see your future work!!!

 

Blogger blah said ... (3:31 AM) : 

Dear Sart! Let the ride begin!! Can't wait!!

i think the quality over quantity is an issue for all bloggers - that's why some blogs look like supermarkets and some like high end boutiques - not that either is better - it just depends on the way you want to go. And more power to both sorts I say.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:14 AM) : 

Congratulations on all your exciting new projects! I'm looking forward to seeing your new shots here and in print, and I'm so delighted about your solo exhibit!

Best of luck for fun, fruitful travels in the next few months!

 

Blogger Tiffany said ... (7:46 AM) : 

I've been reading this blog for a loooooooooong time, but never felt the need to post as I always loved the work full stop. But I do have to say, I really enjoy the way you incorporate your readers into your work. Try to never feel overwhelmed to please your readership, the good ones will always support your craft regardless if you post every month, or every day.

 

Blogger slogger said ... (7:32 AM) : 

Look forward to seeing the show at Danzinger.
There is such a harmony in the way you see style and the way you photograph it. If feels like you are a nature photographer documenting creatures of style in their natural habitat. Oooh, I like that. I was wondering if you have many people photographing you as you photograph others.

 

Blogger OTC said ... (4:59 PM) : 

Great job Scott - take your time and keep up the good work.

 

Blogger Calenna said ... (4:56 PM) : 

Sart -
Thanks so much for sharing your honest feelings and giving us some insight into your own stresses and worries. One of the very REASONS I love your blog is that you ARE selective about what you post and what you photograph. Your photos inspire me to aspire to a higher level of fashion, but your written posts inspire me just as much - if not more - to do work that I truly love... Keep it up, Sart!! Oh, and I can't WAIT for your opening night party next Tuesday!!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting