This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Gucci

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

At Gucci


I love that neck scarf

He said it is a regular silk pocket square and that he has a 15.5 shirt size so it sounds very achievable - for the right guys..

Comments on "At Gucci"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 AM) : 

i luv his jacket..
but not soo sure about tht neck scarf...maybe if he were to used other colors....like dark shade of brown..

overall still nice...

wiiiee
adil sg

 

Blogger Austin.Garnett said ... (2:47 AM) : 

hah, that is awesome, i'll have to try that

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:23 AM) : 

OK mr. sart,

you must find out where he got that bag!!!
who made it?
it's perfect

anyone know?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:26 AM) : 

Ciao, Sart!!!
As you probably know, yesterday you were on "Corriere della Sera"!!!!! (the leading italian newspaper).
Congratulations!!!
Fede

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:27 AM) : 

Nice suit ! :)
But - sorry - I even more like the "photo light effect" => same light color (and the ground) as the color of the suit it self !
Perhaps this is just done "by change", but this emphasizes the style of the photography... and give a special look to the whole ;)
++

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:46 AM) : 

All Kindergarten kiddies here wear little neck scarves like that. The parents use little 35cm x 35cm (or thereabouts) squares. Usually a little bandana scarf does it too.
They are not removed during Kindergarten sessions and so keep the neck constantly protected and warm.

 

Blogger MARCA REGISTRADA said ... (8:04 AM) : 

i often wear a v necked sweater as a scarf. it keeps me warm and if its not that cold i can wear it without the coat. but this guy goes further on multi-funcionality... ps: his watch is to kill for.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:11 AM) : 

Petit, petit!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (8:22 AM) : 

A perfect touch. Scarves are so so so good. Scarves don't maketh a look, they finish-eth it. Love his bag too.

 

Blogger Anita said ... (9:59 AM) : 

It never would have occurred to me to wear a scarf with a turtleneck in that way. I'm going to try that. It seems I get most of my scarf-wearing inspiration from men.

 

Blogger stacy said ... (10:21 AM) : 

And this is a perfect example of why the romantic or mysterious parts of movies are shot in or after the rain.

I love his posture, his arms are saying 'I'm won't give you everything I've got' but his face says 'Welcome, I've got stories to tell.'

 

Blogger Anne Corrons said ... (10:23 AM) : 

I prefer the man at Gucci; I love his bag too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 AM) : 

Very smart indeed.

I often try to add a splash to my wardrobe with scarves like this, but can get frustrated with the knots. Can anyone recommend online or printed resources with ideas for tying men's scarves?

 

Blogger Easy and Elegant Life said ... (11:23 AM) : 

It's a trick I use a lot, especially with an open collared shirt and sweater. I always get compliments on the "ascot" which is invariably one of my pocket squares. I, too have a 15.5" neck, though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:04 PM) : 

I will certainly try the neck scarf! ... When Spring arrives in Toronto. Perhaps with a colour other than black, possibly with a pattern.

I did want to do this a while back but chickened out.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:06 PM) : 

Great looking bag.

 

Blogger Rico said ... (12:43 PM) : 

I love the gloves in the pocket. He is wearing his clothes rather than the other way around. Great color sense. Sophisticated and functional, Bravo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:54 PM) : 

here is a man who can really appreciate accessories... a great leather bag, wallet, gloves in his pocket, the scarf around his neck and that tasteful watch. all complement each other very well and work together to make this outfit so much more interesting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:47 PM) : 

>>"for the right guys..."

Like Fred from Mystery, Inc.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:07 PM) : 

I like that bag! Must be a nice jacket because the last button on the sleeve can be unbuttoned :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 PM) : 

The neckerchief instead of a tie or ascot is a great look (I've been wearing them for years), and he pulls it off well. Very stylish gentleman.

 

Blogger Abby said ... (3:12 PM) : 

Love the bag and the jacket!

 

Blogger Parisian_Dandy said ... (6:13 PM) : 

I love the look, the bag is sick, it is an Hermes bag btw guys

otherwise, the scarf is very nice, i never thought of pulling something like that

great look

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (8:50 AM) : 

I'm still trying to find a black scarf to fit my neck but not be too long to do this for a year now to now avail... I have a bigger neck than his though...

 

Blogger SophieA said ... (2:48 PM) : 

I was wondering why you don't have night shots, although a great picture, I can see why day shots are best.

 

Blogger Daniel said ... (3:27 PM) : 

Oh, this gentleman. It looks as though he's been dressing this well and with as much detail since the age of five.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:31 PM) : 

love the soft subtle colors of this outfit, also the the patch pockets make the jacket more casual.

 

Anonymous discount louis vuitton said ... (3:07 AM) : 

pilipalagaga 0223
so gorgeous! and such a delightful retelling of memories! thank you for sharing... I haven't thought a lot about color inspiration from my youth, actually. This would be good to consider. Growing up as a floridian, the first thing that comes to mind are the peaches and pink shades of Flamingos, terra cotta spanish tiled roofs, and various shades in the yellow-orange-persimmon family of citrus fruit. Wow, I miss warm weather! breath....count blessings....but the snow sure is pretty.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting