This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Lower East Side, Manhattan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

On the Street....Lower East Side, Manhattan

Comments on "On the Street....Lower East Side, Manhattan"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:00 PM) : 

HOT MESS.

 

Blogger claire l said ... (10:33 PM) : 

My, look at those colors!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:59 PM) : 

ew? sooo contrived. do you mind addressing why you posted this one?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 PM) : 

ouch. murky green + fluorescent orange (+ royal blue + grey) hurts my eyes. this is a case, i think, where the each of the parts is much greater than the sum.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:38 PM) : 

This would have been an interesting color and shape combination on someone with a darker complexion. As it is, this woman's face gets washed out, and appears to be almost the same color green as her stockings, which really isn't an attractive skin tone.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:11 AM) : 

Dig it, artsy girl! I would have never thought to put orange and pastel green together, but it looks just dashing on her.

 

Blogger jazzgirl said ... (12:14 AM) : 

This outfit is so wrong on so many levels.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:47 AM) : 

Cool! The shape reminds me of an exotic jellyfish or maybe a kitschy lamp.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:11 AM) : 

This girl is sunshine on a cloudy day.

-- desertwind

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:37 AM) : 

What is this? Wish she had chosen a poncho more red,just because it is christmas time.

 

Blogger Calenna said ... (3:05 AM) : 

Ehnn.. not a fan. What about this outfit 'works,' really? Shapeless ponchos are kind of last season - and then leg warmers over greenish tights, tucked into low-heeled oxfords?? Also, there are so many knits of different textures/patterns here - ribbed legwarmers, patterned knit poncho, woolly knit bag? I'm confused. Anonymous before me said "mess" and that part at least, I agree with!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:06 AM) : 

We´re not supposed to comment on features people were born with.
I know, I know, I know.
That´s what my mother tried to teach me.
But if a person chooses to expose the very features he/she was born with ?
In that case what is the difference between clothes and bodies ???
That said I do beleive in shapes and proportions. This lady has a lot to learn in that area.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:52 AM) : 

Cute, I love her Mary Poppins shoes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:13 AM) : 

That blue and that orange are complimentary colours.
Means they please our brains.
In our brains complimentary colours are mixed to a perfect shade of grey.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:25 AM) : 

This doesn't belong on this site....

 

Blogger Vistiendo a Candela said ... (5:28 AM) : 

I really love this outfit!!!

 

Blogger Daphné said ... (6:15 AM) : 

Wow that's a pretty weird outfit!Yet it is eye-catching!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:31 AM) : 

I don't know where to start. This is (imho)the lousiest outfit on this page so far. Each item, may have been worn separately and still would be ugly. Except for maybe the shoes. The pancho is far too vibrant, leggings are inappropriate, the schall could be somewhat better on its own but all in all this combination its a total waste.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:31 AM) : 

im not usually overwhelmed by any of your fab photos, but i must say, she freaks me out a little.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:53 AM) : 

Grreat shoes but you need some air in those tyres.

 

Blogger Uinku said ... (11:25 AM) : 

I agree, everything is too much! The hat, the scarf, the poncho, the bag, the skirt, the panties, the socks and the shoes! pair one of these things with a more simple ensemble, and I'm sure it would look great.

 

Blogger kiku said ... (11:47 AM) : 

i love those colours! (:
anyway, i'm from a tropical country and i'll be heading for shanghai in mid jan for a holiday. i was wondering if there was any way to go about without having to wear those quilty, bulky jackets? i think they're called anoraks. i was looking around this blog, but everything looks like a little too little :s
does anyone have ideas?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:18 PM) : 

She looks a bit uncomfortable, and my mind won't let me ignore the bike, which makes her outfit seem even more awkward. She seems a nice person though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:45 PM) : 

The ugliest thing I've seen on this page since first post

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:04 PM) : 

ahahahhaahhahahaahahah I love the comment from anon at 12pm

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:23 PM) : 

negative, nanny

 

Blogger Mischo Beauty said ... (1:30 PM) : 

The orange poncho is FAB!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:01 PM) : 

Daring, yes. Cute, no.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:42 PM) : 

I just love this! It is totally unique and completely suited to the environment: shorts and warm leggings for bike riding, and orange to brighten up a grey winter!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:58 PM) : 

I LOVE LONG SOCKS!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:10 PM) : 

There is more thought here than might be apparent at first glance. The warmth and mischief of the smile I think are the keys to tricking it out.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:11 PM) : 

Brave but painful - My eyes hurt from the vibration and my sides hurt from the "HOT MESS" comment.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:12 PM) : 

There is more thought here than might first be apparent. The warmth and impishness of the smile is the key to tricking it out.

 

Blogger dean said ... (3:48 PM) : 

Those tights are incredible. My favourite element of the photo is how it looks like the bike belongs to her, and she belongs to the bike, but the bike is certainly not taking her places with its flat tires.

 

Blogger ricpic said ... (3:53 PM) : 

I call it deliberate cruelty for a young nubile to walk around with her thighs exposed like that. Of course, the women will all call me sexist for saying it. That way they can have their cake and eat it: walk around torturing males and deny it at the same time.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:34 PM) : 

Do not like it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:25 PM) : 

i think this is just horrible. complementaries can be really treacherous sometimes.

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (5:31 PM) : 

Fun. Chilly.

 

Blogger Eryl Shields said ... (5:32 PM) : 

This is about as brave a look as I have seen in a long time.

I'm off to check the Top Shop website for sale bargains.

 

Blogger Rachella said ... (5:37 PM) : 

Well, it's certainly a look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:13 PM) : 

Sorry, but I absolutely don't see anything special in that look...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:14 PM) : 

Yeah. This just looks....ugh.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:24 PM) : 

Not honestly sure how I feel about the socks over tights, but the combination of textures in this outfit is certainly pleasing. Also, I'm loving the blue bag and the orange poncho combination.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:44 PM) : 

is that the skirt from a Christmas tree?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:31 PM) : 

What is up with that bike basket behind her?? Is it mean to catch bugs, preventing them from face splattering?? I THINK SO!

Oh ya, I think I might possibly maybe like the shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:33 PM) : 

It is always nice to see a beautiful smile, but I have to ask:

Why is this woman's outfit worthy of this site?

It seems a bit more FaceHunter to me.

http://www.heathermilke.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:38 PM) : 

i like thath colour a lot
best wishes from argentina!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:45 PM) : 

That is a lovely Poncho. I bet the outfit would look better with out it though

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:54 PM) : 

she looks interesting but her look doesn't appeal to me

 

Blogger The HQ Duo said ... (9:57 PM) : 

She looks fun, like a great person to spend a saturday hanging out with. And her shoes make it great for me.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (10:17 PM) : 

She's awfully brave and colorful!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:05 PM) : 

Isn't that the poncho from "Ugly Betty"?

 

Blogger lieschenmueller said ... (12:16 AM) : 

no, just mess.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:41 AM) : 

Wow, this is special. I'm speachless. Orange + Blue does = gnarly neutral.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:22 AM) : 

Ew.

 

Blogger Milena Jesenska said ... (3:37 AM) : 

Too much! wonderful!

 

Blogger LottieP said ... (3:58 AM) : 

No... this really doesn't work for me... Love the colours, but the gap above the legwarmers is unnerving.

On the other hand, it does look warm.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:29 AM) : 

I don't like it at all, but I love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:13 AM) : 

I don't love the complete look, but I am enjoying the bright orange and blue color combination.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:58 AM) : 

I don´t like it... it´s to much

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 AM) : 

at least she can smile about it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:44 AM) : 

But nice shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:56 AM) : 

lovely, creative and free. doesn't get much better than that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:30 PM) : 

Strangely, I am reminded of hiking in the Alps with an orange tent, a blue backpack and a friendly guide.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:10 PM) : 

just awfull

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:09 PM) : 

Zany, bold, divine! And she knows it...look at that smile!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:59 PM) : 

Nice legs !
I love her socks and "cape" or poncho ... !!!!
I imagine her on the bicycle with the wind in her clothes !

What about your coming on Colette Walls ???

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:47 PM) : 

The above comment is EXACTLY what I thought when I saw this! Not only does she look like she dressed in the dark- but she BOUGHT her clothes in the dark!
Not my thing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:00 PM) : 

I was thinking the same thing. i feel like there is a little too much going on in this one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:59 PM) : 

Orrible match....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:17 PM) : 

You are giving this girl too much credit by posting her pic. There is a difference between ecclectic personal style and throwing together a whole bucnh of mess in order to look cool and apathetic. Its obvious this lower east side girlie did the latter. It reminds me of some crap the Olsen twins would wear. GHASTLY!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:45 PM) : 

it's endearing, and a punch in the gut, all at the same time.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:51 PM) : 

i'm not sure what to say about that other than definitely not boring. definitely. not. boring.

 

Blogger Sara L. said ... (10:41 AM) : 

Eye-catching and unique style, no doubt about that. But... is it me or is anyone else thinking of an orange Big Bird version?

With or without "feathers", it's a great photo anyway (as always).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:11 PM) : 

it's too much for me.
maybe if cape was in different color and maybe if the girl was wearing different cap (maybe this funny furry cap) I would like it more.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:13 PM) : 

I'll give her credit for TRYING to throw something together, but the colour combination is just terrible. I don't like this at all.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:35 PM) : 

So, PLEASE tell us, WHY her? What did you see in this?

I'm so confused!

;)

 

Blogger Kieran said ... (1:17 AM) : 

I think she looks incredible And one of the best outfits iv seen in along time, This is why i come online! The blue and orange are soo in love and the sox/leggings are so damn cool. If thats her bike shes possible the coolest girl about :p

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:27 AM) : 

I love it, Kudos for that girl...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 PM) : 

In a good way, she makes me laugh.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:16 PM) : 

nice legs! very attractive.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:39 PM) : 

look it that outfit, I like the color

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:50 PM) : 

Remember having "clash day" in High School? Well, this would be a perfect outfit. Very strange.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:52 PM) : 

ponchos should be banned:-)

 

Blogger Beatriz Lab said ... (9:23 PM) : 

I think she has to many things on

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:34 PM) : 

This is beautful!! Easy top 2% of people/outfits on this site!!!!!! The whole combination of everything is so incredibly well put together. Id Hire her as my stylist above and beyond most people. And im sure she could easy put to gether a perfect conservative look too. Think about it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:20 AM) : 

Wow, this is SO SEXY! Amazing leg show! I think those sock/tights with the antique look shoes is such a scorchingly sexy idea WOW!

 

Blogger Angela R Miller said ... (5:14 PM) : 

Funny that guests to this site "know" what does & doesn't belong on a site not belonging to them. I happen to find that ensembles not in my usual realm of preference are fresh in creativity and still enjoyable to see. Thank you for your photographic diversity.

 

Blogger ricardo said ... (12:46 AM) : 

When you are as gorgeous as she is--and those legs!--pretty much anything looks good.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting