This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Sisters of a Style, NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sisters of a Style, NYC



The only thing better than shooting a person "one year later" is shooting sisters six months apart.

Of course I have to get them together for a shot soon.

Comments on "Sisters of a Style, NYC"

 

Blogger Silas said ... (8:15 AM) : 

I would describe the first combination of clothing as cool; the acrylic and metallic silver colors from the scarf and leggings offer an interesting balance that is not overdone or mismatching. I think the look would not be complete if the scarf were not there.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:30 AM) : 

The girls look cute,but I don´t like what they are wearing,neither.

 

Blogger Florence said ... (8:47 AM) : 

That's amazing! But how do you know they are sisters? =)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:00 AM) : 

They're too cute - it seems as though they could talk fashion and still go shopping together without fighting over the same piece on a rack! Convenient! :-P

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (9:23 AM) : 

for florence
When I shot the girl in the silver leggings she told me I had shot her sister this last summer in Soho and then described the photo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:38 AM) : 

The summer girl is great she looks so girly although short hair

 

Blogger Haircuts... said ... (9:40 AM) : 

Pic 2
suitable short blond hair to her square alomoste heart faceform. All her colores jumper,dress and hair in the color tone, very nice. Just like Mia Farrow haircut in Rosemary´s baby, Vidal Sassoon was the hairdresser that made him famous world wide.

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (9:49 AM) : 

The top photo reminds me. I would love to see more photographs of polo coats. Do you know what I am talking about here? The thick, double-breasted camel hair coats with peak lapels, belted waist, and cuffs. Beautiful. It's the right season for polo coats. You should see more of them now, especially in Manhattan. I'm sure if you stood outside Grand Central Terminal at rush hour, you would catch some top specimens. Commuter chic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 AM) : 

I hate the first look. Especially the bag she is holding. For me its not style nor fashion or even good looking what she is wearing.
But her sister looks stunning in the sumer dress, combined with heels and a grey cardigan. I want to credit ehr short hair too. I love women with short hair but not many can pull it off. She CAN!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:20 AM) : 

Twins? Anyway, the first pic is extraordinary in that the purse - how do you say - begets the scarf?

The patterns are not the same but mimic each other.

That's my fashion lesson of the week.

Thanks,
mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 AM) : 

So many things to praise here: there are trends here, and yet overall she doesn't look trendy. I never thought I'd like silver leggings, but these look great. The black, blue, silver combo is inspired, and the proportions here are spot on. A ++

Thank you, Sart. I enjoy your blog everyday, but I also have a sister with whom I bond over clothes (among other things), so this is a particularly dear post to me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:59 AM) : 

I absolutely love the contrast of whitish-blonde hair and rich, dark, bright blue. It has the same astonishing effect as red hair and forest green.


xtina

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:38 AM) : 

The location of each shot was lucky...they fit the clothes.

 

Blogger Anne Corrons said ... (12:20 PM) : 

I like the firts look' it's cute!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 PM) : 

I remember the summer shot - I loved (and still love love) the softness of her dress and cardigan.

Thanks for reminding me to call my sister!

 

Blogger Roxana Farahmand said ... (1:51 PM) : 

Aw I love it. The hair, the outfits, and the feeling I get from them is just great.

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (2:25 PM) : 

Wow! How cool is that?

Did they tell you they were sisters? How do you archive your photos to find the "other sister" from six months ago?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:58 PM) : 

i like both looks..except for the scarf and purse in the first picture..agree with silas..the scarf throws the flow of the outfit..I also really like how the backgrounds seem to fit what each sister is wearing.

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (4:14 PM) : 

Can't wait to see that shot of the two of them!

Still loving summer sister's floaty dress...still iffy on the cardi...but loving the dress.

Love winter sister's choice of blue top with her beautiful colouring, red lips, and blonde hair...

Overall, I have to say your lighting in both shots is, as usual, extraordinary. The winter shot just shouts winter in dark blues and grays. The summer shot is like a beautiful yellow memory of 3 or 4 months ago...sigh...

 

Blogger Rebecca V. O'Neal said ... (4:38 PM) : 

they are so different!

me and my sister are like that too :: i'm more like the top picture, my sister, like the lower picture


how quaint

 

Blogger pearlaceous said ... (4:50 PM) : 

I like the combination of leggings, heels, and a long heavy coat..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:07 PM) : 

What a coincidence you met two sisters! They have personality and both are very pretty, but I'm not really fond of their use of color (specially first picture) and shape (specially second picture).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:11 PM) : 

Xtina,

Agree with the blond+blue and red+green. I would love to know your opinion about wich convination you think is best for a girl with brown hair. And for black hair?

 

Blogger Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said ... (5:15 PM) : 

Now that is a beautiful and stylish family. I like how each sister's style is unique and contrasting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:05 PM) : 

I don't know...that first look is too hodge-podgy for me. The leggings remind me of the tin man. She gets away with it because she's young and cute.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:31 PM) : 

I completely agree with anonymous 10:06 AM: "I hate the first look. Especially the bag she is holding. For me its not style nor fashion or even good looking what she is wearing." My thoughts exactly. Her sister looks great, but mostly because she is gorgeous and not really because of her clothes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:53 AM) : 

FYI: the girl in the "summer look" is wearing all APC...the dress is from the 'Madras' collection from this summer...the camel wedge sandals as well. One of my favorite labels but not an obvious choice for most people...takes a bit of getting used to but, once you go APC you don't go back!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:15 AM) : 

Hello Anon 5:11pm,

I have dark brunette hair, and the colour I look best in is eggplant purple. If I had a darker skin tone, I would go with lavender purple. Every once in a while I dye my hair darker so that it looks black; then my best colour is crimson. Not "red" or "burgundy," but brooding crimson.

Thank you so much for asking. I'm flattered. :)


xtina

 

Blogger nanashi said ... (2:30 AM) : 

I love both of their looks, but more for the sister on the top, she combines clothings that at first wouldn't seem to go well, but she pulls it off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:30 AM) : 

I would love too see the mother!!!!

 

Blogger Susan B said ... (8:57 AM) : 

Sart,I have to ask: how do you always manage to find the perfect background for your subjects? Is it just serendipity? In that top shot, it's just amazing how the geometric elements of the backdrop and her ensemble play off each other. Fantastic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 AM) : 

The six-months-ago girl is in my class at F.I.T. - Dinah H. - and I can definitely say she's a constant effortless style icon. Good choice. :)

 

Blogger Jauad said ... (4:48 PM) : 

Something about her look is so soft, light...yet fresh and familiar.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:16 PM) : 

Love the space-girl leggings, blue shirt, black boots combination on the winter sister. What a fun style she has.
I also love the subtle color combination of the summer sister.
I think these outfits work for them because they both have great legs.

 

Blogger shabnom said ... (3:11 PM) : 

It may be blasphemy to say it but they both remind me of Agyness Deyn. But better, of course. I like the contrast between the first, sunny and light and immaculate, and the second darker and more textured.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:14 PM) : 

I've seen silver leggings worn, but never to subtly. Nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:44 PM) : 

second picture is adorable!

 

Blogger Panda said ... (2:36 PM) : 

I like the short hair SO much! Very Mia Farrowish but I don't think the girl in the photo paid $5,000 dollars for it which is what Mia did! That's just crazy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:15 PM) : 

that dress on the bottom is very, very pretty. classic, clean cut look. very spring.

 

Blogger Silvio Plaza said ... (6:07 PM) : 

love the girls' hair... FIERCE!!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting