This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Perfect Lenght For A Dark Blue Denim Jeans , imho

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, November 30, 2007

Perfect Lenght For A Dark Blue Denim Jeans , imho

I can understand black jeans being longer and with more crumpled break but I like my dark blue denim to be hemmed more like my pants. These jeans also , to my eye, have just the right amount of taper to the leg, they are slim and not skin tight.

Comments on "Perfect Lenght For A Dark Blue Denim Jeans , imho"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:48 AM) : 

Indeed.

 

Blogger we could grow up 2gether said ... (10:39 AM) : 

loafers without socks is a genius fashion idea that i cherish, but i can never survive that without being all blistered and stuff. :: sigh ::

 

Blogger imightbechad said ... (11:05 AM) : 

agreed! perfect fit & taper.

what kind of jeans are we looking at here?

apc? nudie? the contrast stitching looks orange...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 AM) : 

Those are some incredible shoes. I'd love to see the rest of this fellow's emsemble.

 

Blogger Mitchell Weiss said ... (11:53 AM) : 

I absolutely love this whole look. I wish I had the fortitude to hem my jeans this length.

 

Blogger Dave Gates said ... (12:17 PM) : 

totally agree, i wear all my denim this way. i can appreciate the other look, but it's just not for me. this is a great look btw, dig the blue slip ons..

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (12:35 PM) : 

Nice jeans. But those loafers are naff, IMVHO. I can imagine the rest of this person's outfit looks quite good though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:40 PM) : 

That's the perfect length to wear with flats. Love the bright blue detail on the shoe - so happy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:23 PM) : 

I agree in the case of a women, but not for men. I don't know why I see it this way, it's my intuition...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:29 PM) : 

Yes, but when you sit down they hike up. I can't stand that.

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (2:40 PM) : 

Someone was just telling me about wearing blue suede loafers with jeans yesterday and here you have the perfect example of it.

I like it a lot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:51 PM) : 

I disagree. Denim is a fabric that actually looks good with a little crumple. It should be a little longer than the ankle. I don't believe denim was made to look crisp and clean like other pants. IMHO that defeats the purpose.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:46 PM) : 

Perfect example of how we all have been far too influenced by the DIOR Homme Jeans look (of which I am guilty). Its nice to have alternatives. I would go no socks all year round if I could in NY weather. You can always were slipper socks for the sockless look if you are prone to blisters.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:06 PM) : 

I think the length of the jeans also depends on the type of shoe or boot being worn.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:23 PM) : 

I disagree. I am so short (5'2), and I'm pretty curvy (an athletic size 10/12). ANYTHING that gives me a little extra length is a good thing, and jeans that cut off at the ankle are just so hard for me to wear, because I lose three to four inches on my already petite frame. I think that it really, really depends on who is wearing the look and how it gets carried off. My sister is only an inch taller than me, but she is of a much more slender build, and insists on wearing some of her pants this way, and it looks decent. But I just can't. I have to work with my proportions in a different way.

 

Blogger Alex said ... (5:50 PM) : 

I've been thinking about this too recently. I tend to get all of my jeans long enough to wear with some kind of heel, but ankle length might be an interesting break. I am worried though, that it will make me look shorter, or make my feet look clunky (I'm 5'4"). I guess I won't know till I try it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:15 PM) : 

shorter pant length really shows off the shoe. I think any loafer looks better with a slightly shorter length -- you want to be able to see the top of the shoe.

Too slim is not good. Like everything, it is important to balance.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:40 PM) : 

i would be tugging on them and tugging on them and tugging on them all day long. they look short to my eye. maybe for a poplin cigarette pant - a '60s vibe - but not for denim. imho.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:47 PM) : 

I agree with the inseam length, and leg opening, but I find the look to be awkward. I would never wear shoes like that with denim. Dockers would be perfect with those shoes. Eek!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:41 PM) : 

no offense but at first I thought this was a picture of a woman

 

Blogger pocketnovella said ... (9:49 PM) : 

i think this is the only way to wear raw denim, but jeans with a decent amount of stretch look silly ankle length. i think certainly it works in this picture.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:20 PM) : 

They don't look right to me at all.

Jeans are meant to be a longer length than other pants. I don't think this look is appropriate for jeans.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 PM) : 

Sorry to be so daft, but what does "imho" and "imhvo" (as used by Laguna Beach Trad) mean?

 

Blogger g.lock said ... (1:04 AM) : 

this is good to know, cuz mine are that same length and i was worried that they were too short. thanks!

 

Blogger OSN said ... (1:24 AM) : 

i can never wear blue jeans.
:[

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:37 AM) : 

i don't agree

i like my dark denim crumpled at the bottom

 

Blogger DeepBlueSea said ... (6:30 AM) : 

Cool that you've changed your settings so the comments pop up in a separate window.
PS Good pant length but I still have an issue with the lack of socks. Guess I'm too practical!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:08 PM) : 

imho in my humble/honest opinion.

now are those blue suede shoes i'm seeing? i'm certain they'd get at least one elvis comment a day.

mr.sart, why the distinction between black jeans and blue? why do you believe black ones should be longer and more crumpled? are they more casual?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:12 PM) : 

IMHO = In my humble opinion

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:07 AM) : 

This is a mans' jean/loafer, correct?
IMHO, I think this look only works sockless. However, during NY winters this look becomes impossible. I do agree that there is the issue when you sit. The leg hiking up can be a little uncomfortable...lots of flesh (full ankle exposure). Baccone!

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (9:09 AM) : 

I think this jeans length also looks perfect with boots or lace-up shoes in the Fall

I like black jeans longer becasue those looks, at least for me, are always a little more fashion forward - like yohji or something

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:49 AM) : 

I love your site mr sartorialist and also agree with nearly all of your comments. But personally not sure about this pic... to my mind there's something of the bourgeois euro-lady about it. You feel as though if you scanned up she'd be wearing a navy puffa coat and a hermes scarf. Actually, that doesn't sound too bad...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:45 AM) : 

if you're wearing jeans with 'dressier' shoes, this is the perfect length for jeans. try it, you'll never go back.

with sneakers or work-style boots i think a bit longer is better.

 

Blogger Jak said ... (6:08 AM) : 

I just find it so interesting that people are saying that jeans are meant to be worn a certain way, I thought the whole point of fashion was self expression, and in some cases that means throwing out rules?
I think those jeans look fabolous and those loafers I need to know where they are from I need to get my boyfriend some.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:06 AM) : 

No. No. No. Imagine him seated!? And where is/was the waistband? Probably far too high.

Jeans are not trousers and should not be worn like they were.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:09 PM) : 

The length is very nice. I also love the black pants with the blue shoes.

 

Blogger Alberto said ... (6:10 AM) : 

The look is perfect. The colour of the jeans is great and the loafers are gorgeous.

The lenght is perfect too. It's important so show socks.

I agree with the idea that sometimes with different shoes (or sneakers) the lenght could change, but it's something more about personality or taste than "smart clothing rules"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:47 AM) : 

these shoes are old fashioned and the jeans seems to bee, from the early 80th much too short and too wide (Carrots we called them.

Do not understand the why other comments rate this soo good

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:09 PM) : 

The look is fine, although not for my style the length of jeans....But could someone tell me the brand of the shoes?? Is it Ferragamo, Gucci, or else???
I LOVE them!!!!

Sart....your help???

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:33 AM) : 

i agree about the boots and lace-ups. this length makes it possible to show them off.

but this look? sorry. not sexy. esp the shoes.

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (8:50 AM) : 

I think they would look better with at least half an inch more. And sockless in winter? No way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:15 AM) : 

Wrong. Denim must stack. Give them a cuff, it's ok (and to exhibit that selvage strip you paid so much for). But stack them you must.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:19 PM) : 

agree absolutely with the subtle slim taper vs London's passe obsession with ultra skinnies - to quote a foreigner's comment 'what is this thing for jeans that suck feet?'.
Skinnies are great on long long female thin legs only.
Boys get the unfortunate sag bottom look with skinnies.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:04 PM) : 

I'm not sure. I'd have agreed in years past, but a few years in the (admittedly desperate fashion desert that is) Dublin has made me think that only Americans wear jeans that length (I'm American, and no, this isn't political). Am I the only one who can't stand ankle?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:48 AM) : 

I could not describe until now why black dior hommes look amazing stacked but blue diors are just slightly wierd. I still can't, but now I have the sartorialist behind me! Yeeha!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 PM) : 

I agree... and love the little gold threading up the jean. Nice shooz also.

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (11:36 AM) : 

Love the shoes and the jeans are a helpfull item so you can have a nice view.

 

Blogger Obi said ... (9:20 AM) : 

please...please, where can i buy those shoes. send info to ej@btmedia.co.za

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting