This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Yellow & Cream, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, November 08, 2007

On the Street....Yellow & Cream, Paris


Comments on "On the Street....Yellow & Cream, Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 AM) : 

WOW (2X)

I just LOVE this season's yellows

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:18 AM) : 

!!! what an amazing color palette

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:27 AM) : 

Love these pictures, very inpiring. A magic setting, I love the fall!

Both ladies look wonderful: great colors, great combos, textures and shapes. Plus nice expressions in their faces.

Fantastic!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:28 AM) : 

I love this shot especially the effect of the subject not fully grounded(something like Winslow Homers' floating ladies)- just lovely

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 AM) : 

Something here reminds me of a Jaques Tati movie. Don't you think he's a great style icon?

 

Blogger Trish said ... (10:49 AM) : 

The best accessory in these photos is the background. Gorgeous Fall palette.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:49 AM) : 

Beautiful beautiful beautiful!

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (10:51 AM) : 

I love that top look so much, I'm flabbergasted. I am usually not moved this much by photos. I'm sure the surroundings have something to do with it.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (10:51 AM) : 

I love those color together! Beautiful photos!

 

Blogger clarisse said ... (10:54 AM) : 

the same girl again!

she really has a great sense of style. love the colours

 

Blogger Laurence John said ... (10:58 AM) : 

lovely, almost art-directed colours in the first one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 AM) : 

OMG! The girl in yellow looks amazing! :) And the yellow envelope on her hand... She looks so fresh and elegant and happy. This pic made my day.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:15 AM) : 

Wow, they both look amazing! and the setting is just perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 AM) : 

The lady in the first photo looks astounding!
The creamy cardigan masks the right amount of yellow underneath, and the wonderful background makes the photo work oh so well.

 

Blogger Kelly said ... (11:31 AM) : 

mustard yellow - i love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 AM) : 

the top picture inspires me greatly. This is what I'm going for this season. Wonderful tights, cute hat. Adorable! She does it beautifully. This photo condures images of cups of tea, reading a book and listening to Natalie Cole.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:08 PM) : 

In the first picture, I like the yellow, cream and gray combination. Even the bow around her neck looks ok. The hat looks like riding helmet.
In the second picture, I can see just a tiny bit of the dress underneath. I think I would have liked the sweater to be a little shorter, to show off the bottom edge of the dress.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:16 PM) : 

that first outfit. i want the whole thing.

 

Blogger Susan B said ... (12:24 PM) : 

Fantastique!

Grey or cream with yellow, love it, so much better together than black and yellow.

Love the mood in these pictures. I'm so jonesing for Paris right now...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:28 PM) : 

The first picture made me gasp loudly enough to solicite grills from a number of others in the library with me, haha.

This picture is beautiful and I wish I had more of a flair with words to describe-I don't know the right ones to use or in what combination. All my thoughts seem to fall short. I guess that is what art does in the most platonic sense. It is beautiful for the sake of being beautiful and nothing else.

Thank you.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:40 PM) : 

maroon tights *and* shoes - HOORAY! We are liking this "match tight and shoe colour" thing here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:41 PM) : 

Love, love, love the first photo.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (12:43 PM) : 

What beautiful photos! Autumn is definitely the prettiest season of the year - yellow and cream is beautiful.

 

Blogger Rachel said ... (1:07 PM) : 

The top photo made me gasp! It's great :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:48 PM) : 

Hmmmm...when "dressing for the occasion", should one take into account what part of the city you will walk through to get there? These women look like they belong in the park with the autumn trees! Just lovely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:55 PM) : 

!!Fabulous!! Yellow is not usually a color I like, but I almost can't stop looking at these beautiful photos and the sense of style of these two women. I especially love the first look! And interesting how both women chose to wear reddish-hued tights... the perfect color combination for fall!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:02 PM) : 

I like girl1 better. The grey skirt + the little grey scarf and the yellow shirt mixed with the plumbish shoes and tights look yummy. The white knit and the hat though are a bit too much. The girl is pretty too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:18 PM) : 

The first ones outfit is beautiful. Timeless and romantic, but still up to date. I wish more women here (sweden) dressed in that vein instead of the black/grey/slim stufff thats been around so much.

 

Blogger Françoise said ... (2:26 PM) : 

that second shot: refreshing, clean, just so pretty.

 

Blogger Mag Hag said ... (2:36 PM) : 

Oh! I love the first one so much! A modern flapper :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:38 PM) : 

Wow! I just LOVE the first one! thank you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:46 PM) : 

the second picture. really beautiful. i love her style. all.
great great great

 

Blogger LAURA A. WARMAN said ... (2:50 PM) : 

gosh, i dig thisss

 

Blogger Thomas said ... (3:29 PM) : 

Brilliant. Couldn't have designed it better.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:48 PM) : 

Wow! It's Shahry Amirhanova - in the second photo. Again! How can you meet her so many times? Вы ее преследуете? :-)

 

Blogger O!Lightning said ... (4:00 PM) : 

the second shot really does it for me. perfect color and proportion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:04 PM) : 

I am in love with the bottom girl! She dresses so well for her bodyshape, and just looks überchic. She is my new muse!

 

Blogger Jean said ... (4:18 PM) : 

First girl's outfit is superb, colors heavenly. I wish her hair was loose, uncovered, and her face showing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:48 PM) : 

these ladies look lovely in yellow

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:58 PM) : 

wow, i love both of these! and i think the photos complement eachother nicely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:09 PM) : 

This colour combination wouldn't have occurred to me in a million years, and that's exactly the reason why I love your fashion forum!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:10 PM) : 

i love the colors in the first outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:51 PM) : 

To Anonymous 10.29AM
You're absolutely correct!

Bring on the nonchalance of Jacques Tati for both men and women!

 

Blogger PeaceSignWithChocolate said ... (5:58 PM) : 

The one on top is my favorite Sart pic in a long time. I love everything about it; the girl, her clothes, the wind in her skirt, paris in the fall. Perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:32 PM) : 

the first lady is my favorite, the colors are so great, the kind of gloomy weather gives a sense of gravity to this woman, and the luxemburg gardens is such a setting!!! Brilliant

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:13 PM) : 

Love the colors of the leaves with the outfits! Perfect..Is it shot aux Tuileries?

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (8:18 PM) : 

I LOVE the sophisticated color mix on the top woman: yellow, cream, charcoal, plum, brown...lovely!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:53 PM) : 

I like both except for the first woman's hat.

 

Blogger Brian said ... (10:37 PM) : 

The first woman looks like she just came out of a time machine from the 1930's. I'm digging her retro vibe.

 

Blogger DeepBlueSea said ... (10:38 PM) : 

#1:
woman: beautiful
clothes: beautiful
photo: beautiful

For me this is one of your very best.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:12 PM) : 

oh! that woman again!
(the bottom one)
in a perfect world she would be on the cover of vogue!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:30 PM) : 

The girl at the top has worked a very busy outfit very successfully. It could have been a dreadful pastiche but instead it's girlish, fresh, fun and creative...The girl on the bottom has teamed the yellow soles of her shoes with her yellow T. a bit matchey-matchey, but still very pretty and cute.

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (11:31 PM) : 

I absolutely love the first photo. She has the whole 50's inspired look down. Love the hat, the skirt, the jacket, the background; I love everything about it.

 

Blogger Rebecca V. O'Neal said ... (12:19 AM) : 

what an adorable riding hat and those tights are so perfect

she is autumn personified

 

Blogger Rebecca V. O'Neal said ... (12:20 AM) : 

oh oh :: not to mention the coordinating neck tie and skirt fabric :: thoughtful choice

not overbearing at all

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:49 AM) : 

Perfection! The top outfit is autumn dressing in the best way possible. Very inspiring.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:20 AM) : 

they make me want to wear yellow! love the mood of these 2 images, they have sort of an old feel to them wih a quirky touch. almost out of an ad campaign!

 

Blogger Pistachio Of Liberty said ... (5:29 AM) : 

Both are great! The bottom one is still slightly too new a proportion for me to adore. And when I say new, I mean new again - that '80s version of a twenties silhouette, the dipping chest - think of the Cosby Show girls.

But oh, the the first! It's especially stunning because it brings to life my favorite era of fashion illustration, the twenties - when so many of the clothes were found and animated by a sudden gust. Bravo to both your consistently sharp eye, and to that cooperative breeze!

 

Blogger DJ FunkyGrrL said ... (5:44 AM) : 

Def has French influences of Spring Time in Paris

 

Blogger Diana said ... (8:07 AM) : 

the first one is wow!
Perhaps i am wrong, but I saw this style and that yellow turtleneck at Marc Jacob's Fall 2007 collection (on a more sofisticated way).

 

Blogger fleung said ... (8:20 AM) : 

great picture...

may be she between the woodland,so

the picture looked beautiful..

very fall~_~

 

Blogger Jennifer said ... (9:46 AM) : 

great style, both of them.
the second one is particularly well coordinated.

 

Blogger simplyolive said ... (9:49 AM) : 

these images are beautiful!
you couldn't ask for a more perfect autumn backdrop!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:52 AM) : 

The first one (lady + outfit) is completely amazing. Probably the best put together female I´ve seen so far here. Flawless.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:02 AM) : 

YES! & YES!

 

Blogger Jessica Quirk said ... (10:39 AM) : 

The top photo may be my all time favorite of yours... tres chic.

 

Blogger bob said ... (11:21 AM) : 

like everyone else said:
amazing.

 

Blogger bob said ... (11:21 AM) : 

like everyone else said:
amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:03 PM) : 

that´s not her firts photo here!
isn´t she aristocratic in a very chic way?

 

Blogger *corinne said ... (1:23 PM) : 

that color combo of the top girl blows me away, i covet it.
time to buy some more tights.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:51 PM) : 

I love the blue with the cream and the yellow in the top pic. That is a gorgeous color combo.

 

Blogger Jane Flanagan said ... (2:41 PM) : 

Wow - not just yellow and cream, but yellow, cream, grey and burgundy. Yum! I think a bright navy would look great in the place of the burgundy too. Oh... now I want to shop!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:07 PM) : 

#1. Is it a skirt, is it a dress? All pieces so carefully chosen, but why do I get the feel this piece makes the picture?

#2. She is slowly but surely becoming somewhat of my idol. This is the way to just whisper 'Money' without sacrificing a single drop of style, imagination or classically good taste.

 

Blogger tomassocroccante said ... (11:29 PM) : 

And now when I pick up my cream wool blazer from the cleaners tomorrow, I'll be inspired to wear the mustard cardigan vest and grey trousers or jeans ... Great color work, and even better in the fall setting.

 

Blogger Mónica said ... (11:12 AM) : 

I love that hat

 

Blogger Satisfaction said ... (10:54 AM) : 

I love so much !
Beautiful picture !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:34 PM) : 

Hey you!
I adore your pictures, I truly do, but in this particular set of photos I saw something remotely disturbing. You know, mr. Face Hunter has already photographed that exact same lady (the younger one with the hat) in those exact same clothes quite some time ago!
This might be coincidence, but I just figured I might as well inform you about it.
Ps. Coming to Finland any time soon? I'd die to meet you! You're such a great photographist and I'm absolutely mesmerised about the pictures of NYC <3.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:45 PM) : 

These are beautiful shots. The womens clothes and the back drop of the fall leaves is very striking. Good eye.

 

Blogger pearlaceous said ... (5:08 PM) : 

Yellow for the win! It brightens up both winter and summer looks. Yellow and cream a yummy combination.. When you add yellow to anything it automatically becomes much more interesting.. but it's hard to wear it elegantly because it can also look too kiddy

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:42 PM) : 

The first shot is pretty good. You ever think of doing photography professionally?

 

Blogger lala said ... (12:04 AM) : 

beautiful colors !!!
you know Sart i think you started a trend !i look at others for inspiration but its not everyday i could bump into a stylish person. with your site i see them everyday. What is the trend? that we get our inspiration from each other; when a few years ago the most trends came off the runway; check out www.polyvore.com; people are exchanging ideas there.some are very beautiful sets. have an inspirational day ;)

 

Blogger Pao said ... (3:23 AM) : 

Love the first shot

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:36 PM) : 

THe top one is lovely but it is the second woman who captivates me. There's something in her look - always - that is so simple and elegant and natural. Her natural beauty absolute radiates alongside/through the clothing. Perfect!

 

Blogger Jael Paris said ... (1:50 PM) : 

I love the color in the first picture. She looks so retro too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:18 PM) : 

beautiful photographs!
great colours and outfits overall,
the first one definitely goes to favorite looks!

 

Blogger kimayo said ... (1:20 AM) : 

<3 art deco

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:11 AM) : 

i love how the first one. I think i'm going to cook upp something like it. The colors work really good together. I just don't understand how the second one isn't freazing :)

 

Blogger Alliwags said ... (5:54 PM) : 

I love the simple use of yellow to create an innovative look! And oh....to be in Paris when it looks like that!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:25 PM) : 

love the sweater dressed layered over the delicate yellow dress super!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:53 AM) : 

I just have to say, these pictures are beautiful! love the background! nice work:)

 

Blogger Grace and Joe IV said ... (6:06 PM) : 

WOW! i wish we had reall autumn in LA...

 

Blogger asiajane said ... (8:13 PM) : 

love the hat in the top pic... is that a cloche?

 

Blogger noodle said ... (8:54 AM) : 

Yellow! I need to go shopping…

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:37 AM) : 

They're both sooo Amelie... Or is it just the park in autumn..? Love both of these looks! (especially the yellow colour.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:28 PM) : 

where'd the girl in the first photo get the dress with the long scarf to tie? i want that cardi too!!! if anybody knows where i can buy these items please reply: dogsrule@mindspring.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:51 PM) : 

The top picture really inspired me. I bought a $10 Mossimo crewneck in "october gold" and wore it under a cream crochet sweater with dark jeans today. So thanks for dressing me, Sart, haha.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:43 AM) : 

Her whole outfit is just amazing--the way her marigold turtle-neck, burgundy tights and shoes, almond cardigan, and tan riding hat echoes the scenic coloring of the leaves around her is just so fitting. She's the personification of autumn harking back to the nineteen-fifties, all anchored by that lovely speckled navy scarf and skirt, cut from the same cloth.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:54 PM) : 

This is actually my favorite color palette. I use it for my paintings. Coincidence how I found this.

 

Blogger J said ... (9:42 AM) : 

The first girl in that cardigan has perfect style -- I think almost anyone could pull it off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:12 AM) : 

Second girl - Shahri (ex-chief editor of Harper's Bazaar Russia) is very very cute and always stylish!!! Great shot !

 

Blogger trinity said ... (5:28 PM) : 

This top photo is how I found this blog, and I am eternally thankful. I just love everything about the outfit and the picture.

 

Blogger kaś said ... (3:53 PM) : 

Am I in a dream or something? What a whimsical composition!!

 

Blogger nidyawiguno said ... (6:02 AM) : 

nice outfit :))

 

Blogger Karla said ... (12:15 PM) : 

First one.. a big "ohhhhhhhhhhhh

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting