This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Window of Doriani, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, November 02, 2007

On the Street....Window of Doriani, Milano

Not that this is the most beautiful photo I have ever taken but if you want to see what menswear inspires me then here it is.

Comments on "On the Street....Window of Doriani, Milano"

 

Blogger MARCA REGISTRADA said ... (10:21 AM) : 

what really amazes me about this pic is the fact u can imagine differnt men wearing that look and still looking gorgeous, no matter how handsome they are. great shot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:32 AM) : 

An enticing photo. What interests me here is the almost "crimped" quality to the seam running anound the lapel & outside edge to the dark blue coat. Is there a name for this, what does it signify?

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (11:02 AM) : 

I like that photo, and I love that look; purple manages to seem strong and masculine.

Though I love it, I'm surprised to see so many double-breasteds hanging on. I thought the industry was trying to push them out in favor of single-breasteds.

 

Blogger Lisa said ... (11:16 AM) : 

this picture inspires me to hug my favorite sartorialist today! wonderful shot.

 

Blogger Akeem A. said ... (12:00 PM) : 

I am not going to lie, that jacket is stunning. The color combination is to die for.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (12:05 PM) : 

Note the soft(er) collar; could it be a button-down? Hard to tell....

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (12:23 PM) : 

Of course it's inspiring!

Reminds me I need to practice my tie-knotting - the little bustle below the knot in this shot is a beautiful detail.

 

Blogger Sebastian Crumple said ... (12:49 PM) : 

I lust for that suit. Moving to SE Asia, I thought the "oh-my-that-would-feel-so-good-to-wear" feelings were left behind. Apparently not...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:54 PM) : 

just wouldn't be the same with a single breasted jacket. Looks superb, aristocratic.

 

Blogger Easy and Elegant Life said ... (1:34 PM) : 

Anon 10:32,
That's pick stitching which used to have to be done by hand and so signified a hand-made or (more handwork) in a garment. There are machines that do that now. Still, it's a pretty detail.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:25 PM) : 

hmmm... I'm not crazy about the broad lapel and large tie/knot... then again, I have a round face and can't pull it off very well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:18 PM) : 

I´m sure all of this would suit you very well Sart .Not so sure this would work on someone who is not as slim as you are.

 

Blogger fraise said ... (3:35 PM) : 

Wonderful look -- I love purple and am always happy to see men wear it (seems to be a bit rare).

About anonymous' question regarding the "crimped" seam -- that's because it's hand-stitched! Machine stitching is flatter because the presser foot presses the fabric/folds (thus the name "presser foot"). Hand-stitching gives what you see here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:52 PM) : 

Oh, fantastic!

This afternoon, overheard an older gentleman who was studying a Zara display on 5th Avenue: "I just don't have the balls to wear pants like that." I wonder, Sart, could you please show such gentlemen that they do indeed have such balls?

--w (NYC)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:16 PM) : 

Great pic and great shop! I love o treate my husband to clothes from Doriani whenever we're in Milan. Thanks for sharing that pic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:13 PM) : 

i think the beauty in this jacket is that while it is double-breasted, the seemingly exceptional tailoring slims the silhouette to suit a skinnier fellow. absolutely fantastic. i myself am slim, and this is the first time i have seen myself in a double-breasted jacket.

and the way purple and navy offset and compliment each other is so classic i don't think it will ever go out of style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:40 PM) : 

Am I the only one who gets a solid '30s/'40s vibe from that jacket?

I would wear this in a heartbeat.

 

Blogger kkollwitz said ... (9:01 PM) : 

Mmmmm...purrrple.

Nice to see a natural shoulder on a double-breasted jacket.

 

Blogger Just an Observation said ... (1:24 AM) : 

I agee with the SAR.....it's pictures like these that continue to confirm that men's sense of personal style is something that everyone should have ...and if you are already a practioner of personal style then U know exactly what this photo is saying.

To me it says "LOOK HOW COOL U CAN LOOK IF YOU TRY AND SEEK OUT YOUR OWN SENSE OF PERSONAL AND YET IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE TOO TERRIBLY UNUSUAL....just special!"
THX SAR!

 

Blogger Anthony said ... (1:33 AM) : 

W's comment put a smile on my face.


I for one, certainly have the balls to pull them off!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:35 PM) : 

Oh, man, those LOAFERS! Classic, but special.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:59 AM) : 

yesterday i wore a double breasted suit with a pullover v-neck sweater and tie underneath. i've never done that before, ever, but this photo convinced me that it was not only do-able, but actually striking. thanks for the accidental fashion advice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:06 AM) : 

I love the punch of purple but what a gorgeous tie!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:28 PM) : 

Back on track. Love this shit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:00 AM) : 

To be honest, I fail to see what is inspiring about yet another minute variation on the same menswear uniform found around the world.
If menswear is to inspire me it has to be in some way original or creative, rather than just doing the same old thing but executed really well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 PM) : 

Can anyone please tell me how to get the tie to stand up like that? Is it a special knot? Or is there some sort of device hidden below the sweater holding it up like that, or what?

Help please

 

Blogger James D. Cormier said ... (4:13 AM) : 

There might be a tie bar beneath the sweater, but most likely the tie maintains its bulge due simply to the fact that it has been pulled out of the sweater a bit and the sweater's collar is holding it up.

This is a subtle touch that makes a tie look better beneath a sweater, but it's most likely something that's going to need occasional readjustment throughout the day.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:44 PM) : 

No, sart. This IS one of the most beautiful photos you have ever taken. It literally took my breath away. Don't stop!

 

Blogger Gaudi said ... (3:46 PM) : 

3 year ago i got a chance to buy Doriani suit,from this moment when i ware this suit i feel big pleasure.
Thanks a lot Guys

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting