This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Black & Black, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, November 02, 2007

On the Street....Black & Black, Paris

Comments on "On the Street....Black & Black, Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:22 AM) : 

The outfit on the right is very sleek, looks good with her thin figure. Love the tights and the heels. The woman on the right, her outfit is somewhat awkward with the short pants (I know it's a style, but it doesn't fit her body), and then the shoes don't exactly fit with the bottoms. The shape of the bottoms actually creates a weird shape on her body, unflattering in my opinion. I like her scarf, though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:27 AM) : 

Wow! Two totally different looks, yet the same meaning is conveyed using the colour black!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

great combination , great scarf

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 AM) : 

The colour Black comes in so many colours as we can see. The stockings, the boots, the skirt - amazing!

 

Blogger Adrienne said ... (11:14 AM) : 

I always love what everyone else hates...oh well.

LOVE the shoes on the left...and think it goes perfectly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:29 AM) : 

I think they both look great.

The woman on the right is a danish jeweler, her name is Jo Riis Hansen, and she makes very pretty jewelry, she has a brand, Line & Jo with another danish jeweler called Line Hallberg.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:29 AM) : 

black is always black and it's always hot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:34 AM) : 

I love the look on the right, but the woman on the left is so beautiful!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (11:58 AM) : 

OMG - I want the shoes on the left. Perfectly highlighted by the shorter trouser length and a slim ankle.

 

Blogger Susan B said ... (1:07 PM) : 

Both lovely. Those shoes on the left, though....I feel a serious covet coming on....

 

Blogger t said ... (2:16 PM) : 

wow love love love the bow shoes! then again i seem to be somewhat biased towards anything with bows on.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:24 PM) : 

I love how she wears H&M skirt so well. ( i have it too!)
Great example for mixing hi& Lo. without looking cheap. ( I assume the boots are pricy)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:38 PM) : 

gimme gimme! me too, me too! Where can I get the shoes on the left??? PS. Sart - my first post - been a daily viewer ever since you shot one of my friends last Nov. I work in a fashionless suburb and LOVE this daily fashion fix!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:49 PM) : 

I love it--this makes me want to start walking around in all black, which I never do. The woman on the right is so sleek, I want to copy her entire outfit. I wonder if the necklace is her own design?

The woman on the left--I would never wear the pants in that way, but I love that she is pulling it off. And yes, her shoes--!! So covetable.

They both have amazing attitudes, expressed both sartorially and in their body language.

They look sophisticated, playful, tough and edgy all at once. *sigh* my ideal!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:51 PM) : 

Following a previous comment, I looked up the jewelry design company of the woman on the right.

http://www.lineandjo.com/

Equisite work. I'm not much of jewelry person, but, I suddenly wish I were. Beautiful objects.

-- desertwind

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:29 PM) : 

The taller woman has nice legs.She also looks younger than the woman on the left. I´m a bit bored with the big scarf,seen quite a few of them lately.It isn´t an easy piece to carry gracefully.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:29 PM) : 

The bow shoes on the left are kickin'! I love the butch-femme contrasts between these two women. I'm not sure if it was intentional, but tho they are wearing essentially the same thing, it shows two entirely different ways of putting together something.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:22 PM) : 

style style style. the woman on the right -- she makes having style look so easy. great finds sart!
as for anonymous 329pm--what does age or looking younger than another have to do with style?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:33 PM) : 

just to put facts straight: Jo Riis Hansen the very talented danish jeweler is the one on the LEFT, so she's the one with the scarf.

But whatever they both look great. I like how different they look even though they both do black. yeah the stockings detail look so cool and texture-ish - is that a word?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:15 PM) : 

love the suicide bomber scarf.

 

Blogger DeepBlueSea said ... (7:35 PM) : 

Unbelievably cool jewellery !
Exquisite.
(I checked their site:
http://www.lineandjo.com/

Also there's a pic of both line and jo on the
'behind' page of that website. Both look stunning. I'll be darned if it's not the two women we see here, chez Sart!

But wow, what jewellery!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:41 PM) : 

I like black!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:42 PM) : 

Whenever I wear head-to-toe black I worry that it's all a bit too much. Yet these girls show that it can be done with great success. The girl on the left looks rather good in those jodphur-style pants

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:54 PM) : 

Quick, Maggie Alderson in today's Good Weekend Magazine (of the Sydney Morning Herald) posted a short article about the Sartorialist.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:21 AM) : 

what's that shoes on the left?
gosh, so yummy

but that scarf. iuh,,so sick of it. people wear it nowadays like it's something you can get anywhere on the street.

 

Blogger Just an Observation said ... (1:27 AM) : 

The one on the left with the scarf ..OOO LALA...she is really expressing a style that I like .....she's got style...the kind that I like!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:54 AM) : 

Great looks - Love the scarf, the bow shoes and the ankle boot. Both look very hot! The one to the right is shoe designer Cecilie Toklum and the other is Jo Riis-Hansen as mentioned in other comments.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:44 AM) : 

just wondering - what is with that scarf? everyone in europe seems to have that exact same scarf, black and white and starts off like a checkerboard and changes into houndstooth. how and why did it become so popular? is it a knockoff of something that was on the runway?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:54 AM) : 

I am not a fan of these all black looks and have submitted a lot of comments about them--some of which get posted and some do not. Most of them seem to be recent shots from Paris, so it's clearly a "thing" there right now.

But I was interested to see in last week's NYT's street fashion photos by Bill Cunningham all the beautiful color seen in Paris right now. He had many lovely examples. So it would be nice to see more variety here.

I have loved the photos from China. A breath of fresh air!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:01 AM) : 

Oops, I made a little error, its the woman on the left, that is the jeweler, not the one the right... Sorry

 

Blogger - said ... (7:16 AM) : 

love both outfits, simple but elegant

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (9:24 AM) : 

I've been digging all black lately. These ladies look perfect. I especially love the one on the right. Her hair goes perfect with her outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:24 PM) : 

A large houndstooth scarf would look much better than the keffiyah, which is cliche'.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:04 PM) : 

that scarf and bow heels combo is heavenly! those pants, not so flattering on her body type...

 

Blogger discotheque confusion said ... (8:32 PM) : 

Is there something in every Parisian's DNA which means that they just understand the colour black in a way that the rest of the word doesn't?

They just always wear it perfectly. Jolie is an example of this, her Mother's style genes were obviously dominant.

xx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:21 AM) : 

katie holmes meets plum sykes via Paris Vogue!
interesting but not distracting details and play on proportions.
simple, tasteful yet distinctive accessories.
i like her take on relaxed 'edgy' chic.

 

Blogger Pistachio Of Liberty said ... (1:48 AM) : 

Lotta shoe coveting going in. But I'm thinking, it wouldn't be too hard to get some suede and rework the strap of one's mary-janes to get the same general effect.

*Half hour later - ooh - tres cute! Bows!

 

Blogger negrito said ... (9:28 AM) : 

have you visited the little black dress shop in Palais Royal ? That s really cool ....

 

Blogger Fe Yamin said ... (10:40 AM) : 

These ladies look perfect. I especially love the one on the right. Her hair goes perfect with her outfit and the shoes on the left...Where can I get the shoes???

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:10 AM) : 

The shoes is probably her own, she is a very talented shoe designer from Denmark, TOLUM

 

Blogger Lilith said ... (1:33 PM) : 

The knee socks over the (same-color) tights is great! I've been looking for a way to wear knee-socks without looking silly (being in my 30s), and this is it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:58 PM) : 

the one on the right is danish shoe designer cecilie toklum, she has her own shoe brand - toklum - so the shoes must be from her own. the one on the left is as mentioned danish jewelry designer jo riis hansen - she makes very very pretty stuff. great style - top points for both girls... : )

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:31 PM) : 

Great shoes on the left, softens a 'hard' black outfit. but why the keffiyah? To wear one of these in Europe is to be one of two things: a supporter of the PLO or a behind the curve hipster. Personally I don't think an item of clothing with such powerful symbolism behind it should be donned casually. But perhaps this young lady is a political activist who is trying to convey her stance on the protracted problems in the Middle East? ;)

 

Blogger sidonie said ... (8:51 AM) : 

cool women!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:22 PM) : 

Rather severe...needs the sparkle of statement-piece jewellery or the *pop* of red accents--anything to break it all up & add some interest.

Love the ankle-bow shoes,btw ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:44 PM) : 

I have those shoes!! At least I think I do... I got them from "On Pedder" in Hong Kong... but I'm not 100% sure what the brand is.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:45 PM) : 

Cecilie Toklum
www.toklum.com
Gorgeous shoes...

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting