This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Beppe's Business Casual, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Sunday, November 04, 2007

On the Street....Beppe's Business Casual, Milano

I always love a check shirt with a knit tie.
The red socks are nice but they really don't make a difference to me when I look at his clothes.
Notice the green (silk?) pocket square barely peeking out, I think that is a much more interesting use of color than red socks.

Comments on "On the Street....Beppe's Business Casual, Milano"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 AM) : 

I think the tie pin on a knit tie is a bit counter-effective, no? It's like having a button-down collar on a French cuff shirt — the formality of the latter clashes with the utility of the former.

for me, this is the wrong kind of quirky.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:18 AM) : 

Do tell - who is Beppe? Forgive my ignorance...

 

Blogger Lisa said ... (11:59 AM) : 

I agree with you about the red socks. I regret the day I bought several pairs for my son. They were only meant to be worn with outfits that have red in them, but he wears them with anything and everything - jeans, sweatpants, shorts; green, light blue, orange. Too bad he's only three and a half, otherwise I could lecture him on how to properly accessorize an outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:29 PM) : 

I never really liked this red socks thing which seemingly is quite popular these days. Beppe looks playful in this photo.

 

Blogger Orchid & Wasp said ... (12:49 PM) : 

I absolutely love her expression, as well. Adorable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:30 PM) : 

What´s this sudden `mode´ men of all ages wearing red socks? Why not green,yellow..

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (3:03 PM) : 

Agreed. The red socks serve as a distraction here--for me, anyway. They'd have been more effective if he'd omitted the green pocket square, or if he'd been in black and white only.

 

Blogger Emily said ... (3:29 PM) : 

I love a Dapper Man. And, regarding the socks, I believe it was the Birdcage in which it was said "One likes a hint of Color..."

 

Blogger Jean said ... (4:05 PM) : 

Boston Red Sox fan?

 

Blogger BLOGGGGG said ... (4:27 PM) : 

wonderful. simplicity at its best.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (5:34 PM) : 

Masterful! I'm in tie-clip heaven!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:25 PM) : 

I love his red socks! How original.

Lily
BeautyMaverick.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:09 AM) : 

So has the red-socks-with-suits thing has slid past trendy into passe? Admittedly, it is less interesting here than it was on some older posts.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:06 AM) : 

what a classy man :) love everything about him :)

 

Blogger Chick said ... (8:25 AM) : 

I agree about the socks too...makes it look like he's trying too hard & by the way...her leggings have got to go.

 

Blogger Eva said ... (10:17 AM) : 

He is really striking! I think I saw him this year when I was on holiday in Rome. This persona and his ears are quite unmistakable, I think. It's funny what the internet can do! Without your site, I'd never have recognized him. He looks great in the picture!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:46 AM) : 

these two seem to relish being photographed. very nice!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:18 PM) : 

OK I am new here but the tie bar is the coolest thing here (along with the tie and the smile) And as far as double cuff shirts with button down collars that the first poster objected to, in my humble opinion there is nothing nattier for sportswear when no tie is necessary (i.e. a hot summer day)

 

Blogger UESman said ... (9:10 PM) : 

This man reminds me exactly of my late godfather, but without the tie bar and muted suspenders instead of a belt (better for older men with swelling bellies).

 

Blogger positively the same dame said ... (11:46 AM) : 

a sunny spot of beppe is just what i need on this gloomy day. style, charm, and more charm.sa

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (11:09 PM) : 

I need black pants like hers!! Any suggestions?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:37 PM) : 

i think what you're forgetting is the fact that he's Italian.

middle-aged men have been dressing like this for decades, and in italy, it's fairly fashionable to wear silly bright colours, often that might clash, but usually done with taste.

i like to say, "the italian rainbow has more colours than the american"


oh yeah and this is my first time at your site and i love it!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting