This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....at 798, Beijing

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, November 02, 2007

On the Street....at 798, Beijing

Comments on "On the Street....at 798, Beijing"

 

Blogger Taehyun Nam said ... (9:51 AM) : 

lovely black

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (10:01 AM) : 

Wow! That is an amazing look! Love all about it!
Great photo!

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (10:01 AM) : 

Gorgeous all around. I love the color and fit of the jacket and skirt on her.

I was at 798 this summer and nobody I saw looked like this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:09 AM) : 

Just started looking at your site...really cool stuff !! Love the genuineness, if that's even a word, of your photos.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 AM) : 

This is a very cute outfit. I love her skirt, and that hat fits her so well. Nice boots, too. A very innocent and charming look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:10 AM) : 

this look is a little too English country-bumpkin for my liking.

 

Blogger Kristen said ... (11:56 AM) : 

it's absolutely perfect! the smile completes it, of course

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (12:25 PM) : 

Fantastic photo! Great outfit, fits her beautifully. Great legs too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:30 PM) : 

I think she looks so perky. The outfit becomes her and like the colorful background

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:35 PM) : 

I really liked this, until I looked more closely. I don't like the fact that she is low-riding the skirt. She should have bought a smaller size that actually fits her at her waist. The skirt is obviously way too big on her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:40 PM) : 

Totally love! That's my kind of style--a little classic mixed with a little prep mixed with a little sassiness.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:02 PM) : 

Somehow ,by looking at her closely,I´d say that she is only half Asian.It doesn´t matter at all,but her height,something about the outlines of her pretty face,whatever.I like her choice of clothes,really refreshing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:31 PM) : 

I like how that skirt is low on her waist: the outfit is now not only smart, but sexy.

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (3:48 PM) : 

She is absolutely gorgeous in that hat, and this is such a vibrant photo, but I agree...it looks like the skirt is too big in the waist.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:03 PM) : 

What kind of weird eugenicist feels the need to comment on this girl's ethnicity? Who cares? She looks cute, though I'm in agreement with the person who noted that her skirt is too big on her. I kind of like the Mad Hatter vibe she's giving off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:19 PM) : 

She's adorable, just adorable! Beijing really and finally coughed up some real style...street style, that is.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:25 PM) : 

The dropped waist has a 1920s-slightly equestrian look to it..it actually reminds me of something that I saw a pic of Coco Chanel wearing in that era.

The cloche type hat finishes the look to perfection.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:48 PM) : 

that skirt is a very akward length.. yet it looks so good on her!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:52 PM) : 

is it cold enough in beijing to be wearing this?!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:52 PM) : 

very cute girl and cheerful picture, but the clothes look too conventional (plus the skirt looks cheap)

 

Blogger Carol Diehl said ... (8:30 PM) : 

I think the low-slung skirt is intentional, however it would be cuter if it were higher, and therefore shorter. The length of the skirt is neither here nor there. But she's so adorable, who cares?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 PM) : 

she looks great in black but the skirt looks wrong, I think it would have been more chic sitting at her waist and not hips.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:12 AM) : 

To 4:03 PM-For crying out loud-You are taking this commenting way too seriously.The girl´s ethnicity whatever it may be,doesn´t really matter.Merely pointed it out as an observation! As a matter of fact I find this girl really attractive , perhaps just because of her ethnicity.I just was surprised to see someone like her in a Beijing picture.Come on,cool down.There are more serious things to worry about. 3:02 PM

 

Blogger Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said ... (9:30 AM) : 

Such a quirky and fun combination. The hat is genius.

 

Blogger pearlaceous said ... (1:20 PM) : 

She looks a lot like the model in your previous post, Du Juan. Plaid is very in, and not a lot of ppl wear it nicely, and she does :)
Great shot! I like how the leaves frame the picture from the top, how they are scattered on the floor, and the black and white stands out against the colorful background.. Perfect!

 

Blogger Colleen Shirazi said ... (3:57 PM) : 

I'm part Asian, it does not bother me if someone makes such an observation. So what? She doesn't look "mestiza" to me though, just tall.

I love the low skirt. It's just a little sexy, where a higher skirt would just be ordinary. You have to be that age to get away with it :) but let young people be young.

The hat really makes the look.

 

Blogger Flair said ... (6:33 PM) : 

I love the flat boots - they look great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:09 PM) : 

Is this the best on the street pic you took? BJ is more of a backwater than I thought it was.

 

Blogger ricpic said ... (10:06 PM) : 

Discouraging that the whole world is marred by graffiti.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:03 AM) : 

I think she looks nice

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:50 PM) : 

This girl looks cute, but kind of in the same way that everyone in China does. Granted, not everyone matches as well as she does (this morning on the metro I sat by a woman wearing a cream-colored brocade jacket and lime green sweatpants with bronze stripes on the side) but basically every woman in China is wearing almost the same outfit in different colors and patterns.

Even though I'm complaining, which I apologize for, I'm sad that we're not seeing more China pictures. I guess I understand though, I tried to have a China fashion blog and had to quit because everyone kept turning me down and running away, even in Chinese. Some people thought it was a scam of some kind!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting