This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

The Coolest - Carla Sozzani of 10 Corso Como

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Coolest - Carla Sozzani of 10 Corso Como

Comments on "The Coolest - Carla Sozzani of 10 Corso Como"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:51 AM) : 

The best thing about this look is her dazzling smile. It's great to see an older lady who hasn't dissolved into invisibility and is so obviously loving her life. I'm sure the shoes are very comfortable but I don't really like them though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 AM) : 

I agree, absolutely the coolest style around. Not mutton dressed as lamb, not trendy--just cool. What a relief.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:09 AM) : 

Something I really appreciate about this woman is that, unlike sooooo many US/French fashion editors and fashionistas, Ms. Sozzani always looks chic, put together and fashionable, but also natural, comfortable and breezy. Fashion does not seem to be an armour, or a uniform, or a slick package for her, but a way to have fun and feel attractive. I find her a compelling muse as well as a fabulous role model for the over-thought, over-wrought, over-dressed set.
Cheers
--haapi

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:16 AM) : 

Wow! I love everything about this--head to toe-- including her attitude.

 

Blogger stylePOVist said ... (10:17 AM) : 

Alaia, Alaia, Alaia

 

Blogger frau mo said ... (10:23 AM) : 

oh!
she´s stunning!
besides from the fantastic clothes she has a beautiful smile; and her face reminds me of a medieval italian lady!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:37 AM) : 

geee,woow...I wish MY grandma had legs like that. Btw, the outfit looks fab.

 

Blogger Eni + Anu said ... (10:51 AM) : 

I've always wondered what it would take the average American to understand that looking good is not always about 'blinging' and the obvious things... I'm gonna pull off this outfit one day, most definitely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 AM) : 

i want the top and the flats!

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (11:02 AM) : 

She got that perfectly right.

And I love that she has let her hair go silver. (That's what I inferred from the photo . . . someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)

 

Blogger Landis said ... (11:38 AM) : 

i would pay cash to see her hop on that vespa and speed off, cartoon style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:56 AM) : 

I saw a picture of her for the first time several years ago and saved it in my "inspiration for when I'm older" folder. I love the way she looks, and I love that she radiates interestingness (I also love that she admitted in an interview that she can't walk in high heels).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:56 AM) : 

strange yet nice and fresh. some people can get away with these combinations (a dress over a (miu miu?)
the choices of items she makes for her shop are amazing (but the prices are another story)

 

Blogger alyson. said ... (11:58 AM) : 

I heart Corso Como.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 PM) : 

beladona!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 PM) : 

I adore this woman and her sister. They are marvelous examples of maintaining a strong personal style into middle age.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:02 PM) : 

Yay for being older and daring to be different! Great dress! Love that length of sleeve, and the eyelet detail down the front is really pretty.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:50 PM) : 

Oh, she looks so Italian. A lovely bag on her arm. A typical Italian would dress in black,but why the slippers? She has beautiful legs to show and now these flats. Actually I like this lady lots more than the one with the long white hair.

 

Blogger Anna-Lyssa said ... (1:52 PM) : 

I adore the Sozannis.
They always look graceful, beautiful, timeless, "now", perfect.
And there are always echoes of past generations in everything they wear and in the way they carry themselves.
I love them. Well, not like I love my dog, say, but if I have a celebrity crush, well they are it.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (3:56 PM) : 

Carla always looks amazing! Alaia with ankle socks: excellent!

 

Blogger ricpic said ... (4:20 PM) : 

Great until you get down to those - yikes! - black socks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:28 PM) : 

I've met Carla in Stockholm! she is amazing and such a cute woman!!

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (4:51 PM) : 

She has such a great style! I allways love her look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:04 PM) : 

Si si! The black is chic, yet the shapes are effortlessly fun and feminine. These shapes are a more cozy-looking riff on feminine 1950's style, and therefore, sort of Thom Browne-ish also. Does anyone know if the skirt is new, and from whence it came? I covet it. I can almost feel the luscious fabrics from here. -PDX

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 PM) : 

chrissakes can ppl stop going on about her age?

absolutely gorgeous, in this instance socks and sandals are an inspiration. perfect street cool, happi, your thoughts are spot on.

 

Blogger sofie king said ... (5:21 PM) : 

eeee! adorable!

 

Blogger _ said ... (7:09 PM) : 

she has a dazzling smile.

 

Blogger Miss Cavendish said ... (7:18 PM) : 

This lovely woman looks like she has a long-ish ponytail too, beautiful proof that one can be long of hair and (moderately) short of skirt when past 40!

 

Blogger s.212 said ... (11:09 PM) : 

OH i remember seeing her when I was at 10 Corso Como during the winter!
that store is so unique and their cafe is exceptional!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 PM) : 

She's darling as always!

 

Blogger Seven Grain Sentiments said ... (3:12 PM) : 

I really enjoy how her personality breathes life into the dress. Not very many people smile the way she does :D

 

Blogger Fensišmensi said ... (4:04 AM) : 

Oh, my god, that's me 20 years in the future. I'll be still dressing in lovely skirts like that and carring my bag like she does :)

 

Blogger K. said ... (5:45 AM) : 

Her great smile makes the intricate and beautifully constructed dress even more beautiful!

God- I just can't stop staring at the pleats and details of the dress!

 

Blogger FreshSamantha said ... (10:44 AM) : 

Love it. I know I'll get made fun of for this reference, but I can't help but say how fabulous she looks in "Like, a totally important designer."

 

Blogger tn said ... (12:39 PM) : 

you know what? I like the handbag. And the smile.

 

Blogger Brightlightwarriornika said ... (5:38 AM) : 

she looks simply fab!!!! Great smile

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:46 AM) : 

Very beautiful, tres cool!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:05 AM) : 

Did she arrive/leave on the scooter or on the bicycle? I love her style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:19 PM) : 

I almost thought: I love her style, but I don't like the dress. Then I looked again--I really love that dress. And her. She is cute!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:43 AM) : 

Perhaps I'm too much conventional, but... I think that a pair of simple Porselli, or Repetto, black flats would have done something to improve her look...

 

Blogger pepastyling said ... (4:46 PM) : 

I love this Alaia dress on her, aproachable and sophisticated at the same time..a bit tired of those Barbie looking, plastic surgery obssesed Alaia fans featured on magazines, this is elegance!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:44 PM) : 

I've never seen any Alaia dress or Kris Ruhs jewelry look better on anyone!! I love how she always stands out. I love her attitude, I love her style and I love her personality, everything reflects in this picture! I really like these sisters' styles and attitudes, but specially Carla's.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:32 AM) : 

Dear Sart,

I noticed that this is the same dress miss Mirochka is wearing. I find it fascinating how two people are able to wear one dress so differently, but with the same sense of style!
I always appreciate your work!

Keep up that good work during your tour!

Thank you Sart

 

Blogger fshnvctm said ... (4:54 PM) : 

Love EVERYTHING about her, most especially the smile on her face and happy eyes!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting