This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street......Young Milanese?, Milan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

On The Street......Young Milanese?, Milan

Comments on "On The Street......Young Milanese?, Milan"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:14 PM) : 

So sweet. I really like what the boy is wearing, the plaid pants and fitted zip-up are almost polished (an Milanese take on Punk?). The ease with which he holds himself and his perfectly careless (but neat) hair make him quite attractive.

 

Blogger eric said ... (8:22 PM) : 

love the guy's pants..very good contrast to his black top.

Although I don't think I can pull this off in N America without people staring at me.

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (8:39 PM) : 

Nice photo! Love the gent's tartan trousers and brown shoes here. Very well done. There's a lot to be said for tartan. I recently acquired a pair of tartan trousers in a Black Watch pattern from Orvis. This young gentleman reminds me of a young John Cougar Mellencamp or Michael Hutchence.

 

Blogger Adam said ... (8:48 PM) : 

ill-conceived in my opinion. because what i see is people conceiving to wear, in his case, pajamas, and in hers, a weak attempt at bohemian/grunge. she looks like an american 15 year old attempting.

 

Blogger ricpic said ... (9:11 PM) : 

When you're as physically beautiful as these two younguns, anything will do.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:21 PM) : 

how do you do it?! ...the red graffiti behind him.... the purple and teal graffiti behind her.... fantastic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 PM) : 

The messed up wall suits well with the clothes the pair is wearing.Don´t like the sneakers the woman is wearing at all.Overall their outfits look sloppy.

 

Blogger Lisa said ... (10:39 PM) : 

Young San Franciscans is more like it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 PM) : 

I am so sick of those round toe flats! No more please.

Nice plaid pants though. Very curt cobain. I had a similar pair in the fourth grade.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:18 PM) : 

They both look great. Boo to those of you who want more polish --they're young people!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:50 PM) : 

oh i adore her turquoise tights! not a fan of his pajama pants though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:39 AM) : 

I love this chic-grunge type of look.

 

Blogger Françoise said ... (2:06 AM) : 

you know sart, i don't know why, but i like this. i like what they're both wearing, especially the guy's clothing. of its own the clothing may look less than attractive, but on him, it has an identity, it totally works. on him.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:13 AM) : 

I think she has amazing hair and I like the mix of colours that she is wearing

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:59 AM) : 

At the risk of seeming like I'm missing something, I think both their outfits are quite ugly. I can't even take a piece or two from them. Those plaid pants look sort of cheap and nasty, and the girl, well maybe her hair is interesting, but the whole things looks a mess to me Sart. Wonder what caught you here?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:04 AM) : 

yeeeeeeees, they could be from Milan!!
Bravo'

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:09 AM) : 

pff forget the clothes, look at that girls smile. Precious! i just want to hug her .. :D

 

Blogger Debbie said ... (8:01 AM) : 

Hey this is my first time commenting here. The guy looks great in those pants. I doubt my boyfriend could pull it off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:24 AM) : 

I love her hair

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:47 PM) : 

For someone whom I respect a lot, I am confused as to how this made it onto your site. I know part of fashion is always the throwback, but 1990's pseudo grunge fashion is ugly. The boy in this photo looks terrible.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:48 PM) : 

adam (8:48):

Oh, please. American 15-year-olds INVENTED bohemian grunge.

I think they look grand, and she has the brightest, happiest smile I've ever seen.

 

Blogger Landis said ... (4:21 PM) : 

hmmm. apparently SOMEBODY got the plaid memo. at the exact same time.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:41 PM) : 

These two remind me of my middle school days, when I had a pair of pants that looked exactly like the boy's, and I would wear them practically every day. The girl is so cute; I love her smile. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 PM) : 

funny, adam, she's neither american nor 15.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:22 PM) : 

ok mr. sart, when you start hiring graffiti artists to scrawl on walls to match your subjects' outfits PERFECTLY, you've gone too far. truly. i love how the walls and the sidewalk are just as piecy as their outfits. the guy is sooo nineties, i'm surprised more people didn't point that out. but perhaps being from seattle conditions me to notice.

 

Blogger Marco said ... (5:09 PM) : 

i often have my hair like his, I'm surpised to see it on someone else for a change. In two minds about the tartan pants though...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:56 AM) : 

It's an amazing photo. Every time I look at it, I get the feeling the two are holding hands, but they're not. The girl bears a striking resemblance to one of my forty-something co-workers. I think that's what she must have looked like circa 1988, huge spiral perm and all.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (1:46 PM) : 

That youngman is one lucky..........
'cause that girl is hella cute!!

Nice picture.

 

Blogger okkassi said ... (2:47 PM) : 

Mmmm... the street

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:50 PM) : 

I love it. There's so much ease in what they're wearing. Kind of careless, kind of whimsical, and full of identity. Wonderful photo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:05 PM) : 

I love this picture the only thing I don't like is his graphic tee. But the colouring in the whole picture is amazing. Her hair makes the picture though

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting