This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street......Most Chic, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, October 22, 2007

On The Street......Most Chic, Paris

Comments on "On The Street......Most Chic, Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:10 AM) : 

Playing with clothing/accessory lengths is dangerous at best. Never mind mixing black colors.

Sadly, this outfit doesn't work.

Gladly, her smile does.

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:10 AM) : 

I totally covet those shoes and I'm seeing various renditions of that silhouette all over France right now (in the shops). I'm really hoping the heel is going to make its comback this time...I tire of flats. Even if they are practical.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:18 AM) : 

I reckon that being a sartorialiste requires quite a lot more than wearing black from head to toe, and being tall and slim. Sorry. She's cute but she's not a sartorialiste...

 

Blogger Fashionstyle said ... (10:34 AM) : 

Magnifique, tout les must have de cet hiver sont ici réunis!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:11 PM) : 

Do I detect a twist of envy in some of these comments? From a Buddhist perspective, I would gladly pay the price of spending an eternity as a moth for the pleasure of being reincarnated as her boyfriend, even if just for a day.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:18 PM) : 

The magnificent return of the opaque tights.

Bring on the opaques!

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (12:18 PM) : 

I wouldn't wear a cropped jacket AND a low-slung belt, but she's so cool that it works anyway.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:05 PM) : 

"not a sartorialiste"? are you kidding me?
she owns that silhouette!
she looks understated and confident and chic and tough all at once.
You would totally stare at this girl if she walked past. Everything on her looks organic and just right.
she owns this look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:23 PM) : 

I think that she looks fab! Wearing black, so that it doesn't look boring is a skill and I think that this girl has captured that! I'd call her style simply: quirky cool.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (2:05 PM) : 

I love her look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:41 PM) : 

Hot Child in the City!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:41 PM) : 

I like it, but I miss the bag....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:48 PM) : 

My goodness, those legs. Is she taller than that building?

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (2:54 PM) : 

Long, lean, beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:55 PM) : 

wow i love her jacket, such an amazing cut!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:00 PM) : 

I love it when pretty girly women wear tough rocker clothes! You have featured a few of these lately, and it is always a treat to see it.

 

Blogger ricpic said ... (3:25 PM) : 

Olive Oil goes to Paris.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:00 PM) : 

Sart, what's with the seemingly unending photo-parade of tall thin model-esque girls in head to toe skintight black, ankle booties, and teeny leather jackets? Ho hum, already!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:03 PM) : 

her pose is a little bit too contrived, but nice clothes and above all pretty face

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:20 PM) : 

i actually like this outfit. i like all the black, the skirt with the tights, and the ankle boots.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:39 PM) : 

Pretty and perfectly slim...but the outfit is simply - ordinary.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:41 PM) : 

Yes I am inclined to agree. God has blessed her physicallly. She looks good but this outfit is not anything special in the sartorialist sense.

 

Blogger She Wore It Well said ... (6:46 PM) : 

easy to pull that off when you looke like that!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:54 PM) : 

I don't get the negative comments. Fashion is highly personal and relative, so saying that an outfit just "doesn't work" is somewhat pretentious.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:57 PM) : 

I would love to see some well dressed fatties on your blog. I know they're out there, and if there's anyone who can spot this elusive species it's you Sart!

(I can say this 'cause I'm a fatty myself.)

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (8:34 PM) : 

I love this look right now. I've been searching for more of a pant-like legging, and I can't find it anywhere. Anyone have any suggestions?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:51 PM) : 

love the leather jacket and the boots! she's cute.

 

Blogger Eli said ... (2:28 AM) : 

She looks comfortable and effortless, chic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:41 AM) : 

You know, as a child in a private school, my mom used to put in opaque tight...all different colors. And I hated it. Now, i'm dying to buy a pair.....this vicious life!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:00 PM) : 

I loaf her! I just loaf her. Marvelus siluette.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:27 PM) : 

I've only read a few of the comments and I already see haters.

The outfit works beautifully. Just b/c you don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't work.

It wouldnt look right on me b/c I dont have mile long legs.

I love french style! It's so much better than the American Frump.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:41 PM) : 

she looks fantastic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:40 PM) : 

she appears to be happy with her look. No reason why she shouldn't be, after all every girl under forty in Paris is happy with the same look. a very nice picture of a pretty girl, but i wouldn't call her the 'most chic'. maybe 'having the best day' would be a better description.

 

Blogger dav said ... (6:09 PM) : 

i think i actually just fell in love.

 

Blogger Jane Flanagan said ... (10:12 PM) : 

Those legs!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 PM) : 

WOW... does she work at Paris Vogue??

 

Blogger Pistachio Of Liberty said ... (11:55 PM) : 

When I scrolled down to see if this was a "rerun" [see Extreme Style] I can't believe you shot and posted two such similar looks in front of the same background!

These women, and the other tight black pants/leggings with black heels ... they look officially "good" (and yeah I'm jealous) but I agree that there must be something more interesting there to capture, there simply must be.

Even with the willpower and exercise regimen, some if not most of us have wide hips, in which case this look would never be our best choice.

In other news, because of finding this blog months ago, I now have two - countem two - pair of red shoes I can't afford. Thanks a lot ; )

 

Blogger Colin said ... (3:51 AM) : 

Hi there, just a reply to Barbara's comment at 8:34 pm. I don't know if she's maybe looking for something in terms of pants that could look like leggings, but Filippa K makes a lot of skinny-type jeans/pants that might do the trick. Really, any of the Nordic designers could be something to check out (Acne, Filippa K, Cheap Mondays, etc.). The only problem with the skinny jean/pant styles is that often, they will make a short person look stumpy, whereas if you're tall and lean, no problem, they accentuate these qualities and look great.

Just a thought. J'aime beaucoup votre blog, Sart, surtout les photos à Paris!!!

Colin

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:35 AM) : 

I do not really understand how can those shoes be even produced :-S

 

Blogger simplyolive said ... (10:22 AM) : 

great proportions going on here.
(i never thought i'd like the look of leggings again.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:40 PM) : 

She is an assistant stylist of French Vogue, right?
Her name is Geraldine Saglio.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:42 PM) : 

She's fantastic! Well captured.

Lily
Beautymaverick.com

 

Blogger Ily said ... (7:31 PM) : 

She should hang out with the black-suit guy, and they can start a multi-national team of assassins...

*ily
http://theonepercentclub.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:36 PM) : 

Yeah, I've got to say that I dislike this look as it is so prolific. Also, may I comment that all of these guys who write that they "fall in love" with girls on the basis of a picture are just...sad. :) I'm not saying that she's not attractive - she is, very -but so what?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:13 PM) : 

that is definitely a hot get-up! Only in Europe u will see such creative, out-of-the box styles!

 

Blogger penelope said ... (3:07 AM) : 

I really like this kind of fashion!

 

Blogger sunni said ... (10:16 AM) : 

i liked this until i realised she was wearing a dress and the bodice under the jacket is slouchy. would have been miles better if she wore a black leotard like top (you can get them at american apparel) with a nice scoop neck and some highwaisted silk mini-shorts.

i envision it in my head and it is looking much hotter than her current outfit. though her silhouette isn't really affected by her choice of dress+belt, once she comes into the daylight the awkward looking dress will detract from her otherwise killer outfit.

and incredibly photo by the way! side walk and buildings really reflect the great lines of her body.

 

Blogger Tula said ... (3:38 PM) : 

Who are these negative people who use this page like a chat room so they can comfortably sit behind a computer screen and insult people for being thin, taking risks, or expressing themselves in new ways?

 

Blogger The Employee said ... (7:11 PM) : 

Not only do I think she looks amazing (like a sexy blend of Joey Ramone and MK Olson) but I kind of want to be her.

 

Blogger blissmom said ... (9:28 PM) : 

visually gorgeous

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:37 PM) : 

She personifies that thing that makes French women so chic and gorgeous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:00 PM) : 

That is so hot; so leggy!

 

Blogger Wanderlusting said ... (10:52 PM) : 

She is gorgeous. She looks great. I find the look kind of boring though. If I saw her on the street I would stop and stare in envy but on the pages of your blog, I would do a quick glance and move on. It's too plain - for my taste, anyway! I'm used to seeing more...personal touches, I guess. Maybe there are some but when it's all black, it's kind of hard to make out :P

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting