This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Colorful London

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, October 12, 2007

On the Street.....Colorful London

I told this gentleman I was shooting for Vogue Nippon but as it turns out they wanted just womens images.

Sorry old chap

Comments on "On the Street.....Colorful London"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:45 AM) : 

Amazing depth of field. It looks like he's floating towards the camera!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:54 AM) : 

Holy mother of god! Did you get his number as well?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:40 AM) : 

i just wanted to thank you for creating this blog. i check ur blog religiously, i love it. Ive been a avid reader for 2 years and you have never let me down.The pics of kanye and his fiance were exquiste, the two of them have so much style.Also i love how you shoot real people like the old man who was at a nursing home and was dancing ?? I dont know wat those are called in Europe. I know u usually shoot in NY, but maybe one day u will come to the nation's capital (D.C), Georgetown to be specific, we have great fashion sense in this part of town.

 

Blogger DeepBlueSea said ... (1:44 AM) : 

Good scarves - SO hard to find!

(But this guy found one.)

Cool cool cool... how many times should I write it?

Love the grey/black against the colours, and the general casual style, a bit professorial... tho' it's not sloppy.
Full marks.

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (2:05 AM) : 

Marvelous photo, Scott. Love the jeans, chelsea boots, short back-n-sides haircut, and hornrimmed spectacles. This could have been me circa 1987.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:27 AM) : 

That is one of the GREATEST looks I have ever seen
(He probably doesnt need an apology 'cause he's got the consolation of his way cool self)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:45 AM) : 

ahh i have that bag it's APC

 

Blogger Times Square said ... (2:58 AM) : 

;-) he's a bit girlish!
good work!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:02 AM) : 

I was about to say, "I wish I had hair like that" but realistically I wish I had everything like that.

 

Blogger Shaun Lor said ... (4:15 AM) : 

Awe, I'm sure your cult/blog-following will appreciate his keane sense of style as much as the Nihons.

That scarf, definitely sealed the deal.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:11 AM) : 

Oh how magnificent! Everything in this look is perfect: it's quite fashionable, but at the same time quite understated. I absoultely love the way this gentleman is dressed. Those shoes and the bag and even his spectacles! I think it is one of your best casual shots, sensational!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:03 AM) : 

what a great autumn look on a sunny day in London! love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:22 AM) : 

I think that is incredible how the scarf take a touch of personality at the classic style of this man... I'd like this style.

 

Blogger dnqcnn said ... (6:23 AM) : 

he probably wont mind not appearing in vogue cause im sure people over here will adore him!
including me he looks amazing :)
guys with colorful scarfs, you don't see them very often but crazy enough, most of them look stunning! (adds so much more identity to a look)

 

Blogger Butch said ... (7:33 AM) : 

Where would young-male Brit dress (at least, the trad sort) be without The Scarf?

The example here is nice indeed, and "makes" an outfit that otherwise might fade into itself.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:37 AM) : 

Hi,
isn't that great!? I think this sort of scarf works only with elegant shoes like these, otherwise you run the risk of looking like a kid or a clown!

Franz Benjamin

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:04 AM) : 

how long are you in London for??!!

have been desperate for you to visit for soso long.

 

Blogger Emily said ... (8:25 AM) : 

He kind of looks like the kid from Breakfast Club, but I dig it. Love Scarf and Glasses.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:33 AM) : 

I'm not sure how much I like this look. I'll admit, his glasses, hair, glance, and scarf are awesome, but there's just something very bland about everything else. I know the scarf should be the one standing out, but the off-black color of his jeans, the grey purse, and grey sweater are all kind of dull, drab.

 

Blogger Pumpkin Man said ... (8:52 AM) : 

Great Look! Love the scarf and the extra-dark rolled-up denim. The Chelsea boot are timeless cool!!

Pumpkin Man

www.little-pumpkins.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:11 AM) : 

playful intellectual

the coloring is wonderful with his hair and skin

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:58 AM) : 

What a relief to see an ordinary guy for a change.There simply is not anything disturbing in his outfit.I like his jodpurhs-they are nice and shiny and add an extra plus to his outfit.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (10:17 AM) : 

What a great unstudied look! Love the rolled jeans, the boots, and the scarf.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:49 AM) : 

Great picture and a great outfit - perfect balance between "county" and "town," and bright and subdued colors. The boots are fantastic - I wonder if they're RM Williams.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 AM) : 

How does he manage that scarf without looking like a clown?

 

Blogger Blue Floppy Hat said ... (11:24 AM) : 

That's a great outfit...the scarf just makes it. And he looks so cool via the fact that his hands are full...

 

Blogger Blue Floppy Hat said ... (11:28 AM) : 

I love the scarf, and the way he's carrying his coat, and the glasses along with the turnups on his trousers...it's a great outfit, helped along by the fact that he looks so much like he needs to be going somewhere else.

 

Blogger Lisa said ... (11:36 AM) : 

He looks great! He looks like a boy I had a crush on in 11th grade - even down to those rolled up pants and the glasses.

 

Blogger PeaceSignWithChocolate said ... (12:17 PM) : 

I love the shiny shoes and matte everything else.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:38 PM) : 

WTH?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:49 PM) : 

That scarf makes him come off as smart and artistic--without it, the outfit wouldn't have that much personality. I love scarves.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:53 PM) : 

I absolutely adore the rolled jeans hems. It's such a carefully askew, bookish look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:10 PM) : 

poor guy....well, being shot for your blog has to be the next best thing!

 

Blogger Esteban said ... (1:57 PM) : 

Old school english eccentric style. Great long striped scarf, skinny jeans and chelsea boots.

 

Blogger Starman said ... (2:24 PM) : 

I personally would be more pleased to find my photo on this blog then to have it in Vogue. But thats just the opinion of one hurried man.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:35 PM) : 

Well, thanks. If it weren't for "old chap" I, new to boots, would have no idea what to do with jeans and ankle boots. Cuffs make all the difference.

 

Blogger kevyn said ... (2:35 PM) : 

fantastic scarf. good on ya old chap!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:25 PM) : 

The one thing England does really well is men's shoes. His boots are great - classic style.

 

Blogger Mónica said ... (3:32 PM) : 

I really really love the scarf and the glasses, great look

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:59 PM) : 

Beautiful, clothes and gentleman. Actually he looks very like my husband and when I showed him this photo of his double, he was inspired to begin exploring his own style. Thanks Sart!

 

Blogger Steve said ... (4:07 PM) : 

The crisp fall here in Canada makes me so thankful for thee scarf. its the burst of influence that makes an outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:12 PM) : 

Excellent boots!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:14 PM) : 

I love everything about this guy! Great hair, shoes, scarf & glasses, everything.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:38 PM) : 

Love! What a wonderful image

 

Blogger Joan said ... (5:32 PM) : 

the first word came to my head from his picture is....FALL! Finally, it has arrived!

 

Blogger Aimee said ... (5:54 PM) : 

I am not a fashion girl. More a fashion mistake than anything. But I love your blog. The pictures are stunning. You make me want to be a fashion girl!

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (6:33 PM) : 

Never mind, old cove, I'll enjoy this image. Too bad for the Japanese, though!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:26 PM) : 

love that scarf with the grey, but those rolled jeans...not good.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:41 PM) : 

so fresh. i love him.

 

Blogger Shanti @ Everyday Bohemian said ... (7:45 PM) : 

Oh that's too bad! I love love love this photo! :) This guy really idealizes chic casual for me. Umgh.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:00 PM) : 

Yes, luv this. The grey of the sweater sets the colors of his scarf off amd I love the glasses, too. the unstructured bag is a nice touch. Scholarly-style.

 

Blogger ricpic said ... (9:30 PM) : 

Oh, I like this! That blast of orange/yellow/green scarf against the subdued rest of his outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 PM) : 

Harry Potter meets James Dean!

 

Blogger eric said ... (10:28 PM) : 

Very nice colours..like his glasses too.

Sart can you put it in other magazines such as GQ?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 PM) : 

i love the colours in the scarf

 

Blogger imightbechad said ... (12:04 AM) : 

where do all the comments go?

with the socks?

love the inventive use of color...i have the most difficult time not going minimalist, so i love this. very inspirational!

chad

 

Blogger WendyB said ... (1:31 AM) : 

He looks good anyway!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:19 AM) : 

Brilliant.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:51 AM) : 

oh, so you're in London?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:31 AM) : 

Very, very nice. I think I'm in love.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:57 AM) : 

I think i'm in love too

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 PM) : 

That guy is so cool. And he looks so very. . . British!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:40 PM) : 

Definitely cute. He looks like he just stepped off the set of one of those 80's teen movies. The only thing I don't care for is the rolled up high water jeans. If you want to roll them up, buy them too long and then do it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:09 PM) : 

What a dreamboat!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:45 PM) : 

Yay! Scarf season is here! Rasta colors for the Fall!

I love everything about this chap.

Wonderful photo, Sart.

-- desertwind

 

Blogger anna/village vegan said ... (8:30 PM) : 

I LOVE this look! Perfect! Nice shot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:31 AM) : 

I'm from the Philippines. I just realized I've been reading this blog for years now and I've never posted a comment. I just wanted to say out of all the style blogs, yours is just my FAVORITE. It really inspires me (so mush so that i want to wear a coat and scarf in this hot hot country). Your pictures are really fantastic, thanks for the constant style watch. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:05 AM) : 

It's a shame you couldn't have stayed longer at the Frieze and done some pictures for your blog.. I saw some really interesting fashion and style when I was there, plus Regents Park in fall is a very beautiful backdrop. Be sure to post a link to the magazine which the other pics will be in :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:43 PM) : 

Cute. Supercute. In fact WAY cute. He's so cute - those spectacles, those jeans, those boots i'm willing to take a bet he can't possibly be english... Great shot Sart. The Women of America thank you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:12 PM) : 

i think his clogs are rm williams. an aussie icon shoemaker for cattlemen. well thats what they look like anyways... i agree, a late 80's look, he needs a girfriend who has rifled the op-shop for something vintage, then we could transport them back in time

www.rmwilliams.com.au

 

Blogger Ily said ... (12:34 AM) : 

Yep, could definitely have a crush on this well-dressed guy. We could just run into the sunset with our scarves flapping in the breeze, hee hee ;-)

*ily
http://theonepercentclub.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:29 PM) : 

Love your pictures! You give me ideas and colors to use in my knitting. The scarf indeed seals the deal. Very bold for a man...I like that.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting